• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Games played in Japan, like Fate Unlimited Codes, Arcana Heart 2, and Melty Blood Actress Again?

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
lol @ tournaments + brawl in the same sentence.

any game anther almost loses to someone that doesn't play is a bad game.
oh did i mention said person has never won at anything ever? true story. i won't name names, but i'm telling you right now anther shouldn't almost lose to people like that. bad game is bad.

maybe <3 anther?

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I vote we hack brawl an implement melee air dodging, lol. It's almost guaranteed to make the game better... right? jk, but I really want to try it, lol.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Brawl's "Melee" air-dodge is a bull**** mechanic and just doesn't work the way it ought to.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I heard R.O.B.'s, Snake's, Sonic's, and G+W's "brawl wave dash" crashes the game, or screws something up, because they're never in tumble due to their up Bs XD

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Only ROB's.

Btw, Lain played like 2 games with the Melee air dodge, and wanted to go back to regular Brawl after that.

alcoady

Smash Ace
ya know, I hope people don't just want melee air dodging in brawl to wavedash because wavedashing really isn't that important in my eyes. I do however feel that being able to slam the shoulder buttons over and over again in the air to spam the **** out of the air dodging invulnerability frames is pretty lame tho. Melee air dodging would be good in the aspect that after you do it, you're more than likely gunna get punished for it.

I think Nintendo did a great job of making brawl fun and FAIR for everyone. By eliminating all the crazy cancels and glitches (er whatever) they ensured the game will let everybody have fun and win sometimes.

Can't blame them for making it the way they did
keep in mind they aren't trying to sell the game to the 20 yr old college tourney goer. They're trying to sell to little kids that want to have fun.

<3 nintendo

on a side note: *** BRAWL MOAR MELEE!!!
lol, jk, <3 Brawl....bur srrsly...*** brawl..

Anther MM?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
guys, smashfest this Friday at my place @Noon

Depending on who shows up, we can do Melee/ Brawl/ Both
I decided to make it an open smashfest this time, and offer some brawl, since there are 3 brawl tourneys this weekend, and there will probably still be some melee, so for those of you who are going to go to my melee tourney and haven't played in a while...

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
you're dumb.
you're dumb.
Brawl's "Melee" air-dodge is a bull**** mechanic and just doesn't work the way it ought to.
I heard R.O.B.'s, Snake's, Sonic's, and G+W's "brawl wave dash" crashes the game, or screws something up, because they're never in tumble due to their up Bs XD
Only ROB's.

Btw, Lain played like 2 games with the Melee air dodge, and wanted to go back to regular Brawl after that.
aww :( .

SCOTU

Smash Hero
anyone coming to my brawl/ melee tourney this sunday, we'd appreciate if anyone can bring their melee/ brawl discs. We've already got all the wiis/ tvs, just need the games.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
anyone coming to my brawl/ melee tourney this sunday, we'd appreciate if anyone can bring their melee/ brawl discs. We've already got all the wiis/ tvs, just need the games.
i want to but vayseths and i wont have any money left over maybe next time

SCOTU

Smash Hero
then win some money and come to mine. Or do what I always do, and MM lain and make some money when you need it in a pinch ;)

BIG C

Smash Master
i remember the only time i sat down and played lain was at like FCD where i played him for like 2 hrs with chars i did not even play and still destroyed him.(IN MELEE) his IC's and GW are too beast for me in barwl tho.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
or conversely mm scotu, seeing as how i've won like $20 offa him.

2 gewdz
i've only MMd you 3 times. twice for $5, which i won both of, and once for $1, which you won.
Remember that time when you lost a $30 MM to those scrubs at aadl?

A.Hills.Finest

Smash Journeyman
na homie im in cali right now X.X lol ill be back to visit sometime(s) tho keep hope alive! and lol @ all these new brawl hacks jesus I knew people were gonna have a field day with this game lolies

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
SCOTU's tournament at the time that I left:

top4:
lain (grand finals)
??? (loser's finals)
Anther (playing for loser's finals)
SamuraiPanda (playing for loser's finals)

Doubles was won by Anther and SamuraiPanda, with lain and The Mann in second.

Flandy121

Smash Apprentice
the_flutist said:
Results:

ZOMG!!! LiNk is 2 Cheep. HE haz de basT ReCovirI EvaRs!1!!11!@!111!@21@1124/696969696969696969696969696969696969696969696969696969696969696969 He CaNts dyiS!1!!!!!1111!/69696969696969696969

(Don't worry. I'm kidding. Nobody could possibly be THAT much of a n00b.)
First of all the problem with that is "that guy was just that much of a noob."

So some ****** got me thinking : I wish any user could delete stupid posts or if there was a rating system and any post got 5 (or some agreed upon number of) negative responses then any next user would have the option of deleting that post. Reading some of these posts and the ignorance or childish behavior in that response really ticks me off and does not support a helpful discussion on any topic. Unless there was a way that you would have to achieve a certain smash knowledge/skill status for you to be aloud to post at all. Or maybe when you made a thread you could put a requirement on posting in that thread such as you must have a minimum of 100 posts on your profile to be aloud to post in that thread.

Does anyone agree with me on any point I made? If so who might we present this idea to change some things?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Btw, Lain is stupid for knocking Anther into losers. 'Cause Anther knocked me out :/

And I'm trying to move away from using Snake as much as I do in tournaments, but Ankoku/Anther forced me to pull him out :/

Top Bottom