• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

SCOTU

Smash Hero
also, anyone who wants to go to my (at least primarily) melee smashfest this friday in AA, IM me or leave me a PM if you don't already know where I live, or just show up at like 11:30-noon

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I need someone there to help me beat Castle of Shikigami 3. I already tried with Scala, we couldn't make it past Stage 3.

Shade_666

Smash Apprentice
Its true I did post in internet explorer

EDIT: I just tried with FF and it worked so maybe it was just a one day thing

animan

Smash Cadet
Whud up pimpin :p
not much felt like coming back to the smash boards and saw that you were posting and thought i would say hey not much has happen since i moved to the ann arbor area but if you decide to come over for a tornument make sure you tell me man so we could say hey agian

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Ewww... someone found out how to put Melee airdodging in Brawl via the Ocarina hack, and apparently you can wavedash in Brawl using the hack. I think the Melee 2.0 project is gonna pop up again :/

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Personally I'd like to see the implementation just to witness firsthand how wavelanding would interact with the moving platform in Smashville, lol.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
now all they need to do is put some freaking shield stun in there, and i'll probably like playing the game (except for the ****ing ******** controls still D: )

Anther

Smash Champion
I think the shield stun in brawl is awesome, and with WDing and lack of tripping in the game it wouldn't be half bad.
Panda... all the characters you've been playing Slide and Glide all over the place, with about equal inputs to wavedashing ;p.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Wavedashing is the staple of Anther's greatest mindgames.

fsmash wavedash back fsmash wavedash back fsmash!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Wavedashing in Brawl feels funky with the buffering system and stuff. And there is more stuff you can do with wavedashing in Brawl 'cause of the different physics and stuff, but no L-canceling sucks. That said, I'd hate a Melee 2.0 version of Brawl. But removing tripping is awesome, cause you can do things like dashdancing and foxtrotting without worrying, so it adds more to the offensive game of Brawl IMO.

And Anther, Angel Gliding doesn't count :D

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
removing tripping= good

everything else you might as well just play melee instead of trying to make brawl=melee.

I guess its just kind of interesting to mess around with though?

Vayseth

Smash Master
Tony, I knew you'd catch that =D

Whether meta is banned or not, I don't think it'll stop me from not entering tournaments anymore. I have to move on to games that are played in japan and learn them quickly. I am moving =(

Top Bottom