• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

RDK

Smash Hero
That referring to the post I just made? Just because I'm particularly mediocre at the game doesn't mean that I can't see the game for what it can be, and what it is. I don't like where the game is going and my reason for quitting would mainly be because the game is going nowhere fast, and why put effort into getting better at a game with no future? Say I do work my butt off and get better and fill in the gaps from my relative inexperience, what if my prediction is true and the game really does go nowhere? Then I would have wasted my time.
Unfortunately, the Smash community is leaning towards Brawl. It's where the money and tournaments are at, so if that's what drives you, you're going to have to make the switch.

I wish I could magically press a button and make Melee come back in full force again, as I'm sure anyone here would too. But there's not such button.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Flaming? All I did was debate. I've gotten so tired of seeing people suddenly pick "Brawl is amazing!" or "Brawl sucks!" that I spend my free time debating with them and seeing just how much is behind their belief. Which is funny, because I often end up arguing both sides against different people.
I never said you, just bowyer, lol. I even made a separate post to acknowledge your post's good points. It should have been obvious =P

WTF? What does he play?
I'm new to smash in general. I have played all sorts of games for a long time. I played Halo 2 a lot, I played other fighters here and there, I missed the melee boat so I thought I'd try brawl when it came out, so I haven't played anything but that. I play mostly Naruto, since I made a lot of friends who played it and I kinda got wrapped up in it. Now I play Naruto and smash but I'mma take a break from smash and try and work out the kinks. I don't care about melee, seeing as I never played it. My argument is not that melee is better, more that I feel brawl right now isn't where I'd like it to be. I don't have any bias about it otherwise.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Let me rephrase my earlier post.

Shut the **** up and stop *****ing. I disagree with your reasons why brawl is bad but I'm too lazy to write up an arguement against you.

Also, what does me quitting the tournament cause I didn't want to play the **** game have anything to do with anything.

That being said, I think I'm going to pretty much stop playing brawl and pick melee back up because its more fun... I think.

RDK

Smash Hero
Brawl is bad. What's all the arguing about?

If you can't agree that Brawl is bad, then you probably won't agree on anything.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Flaming? All I did was debate. I've gotten so tired of seeing people suddenly pick "Brawl is amazing!" or "Brawl sucks!" that I spend my free time debating with them and seeing just how much is behind their belief. Which is funny, because I often end up arguing both sides against different people.
Stop getting offended by stuff that isn't directed at you.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Fix my main, you *******.
Was your edit 2 minutes after your post dealing with your main because I swear it wasn't there when I first read your post.

Also, when did you switch mains in melee because I remember you playing peach when **** mattered.

Also, I guess I could add in shiek maybe, idk, if I want to, lol.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Wow. I hate it when people say Brawl or Melee is better than the other game. They are two ****ing different games, with different experiences altogether. Neither game is better. You can like one game more than the other, but that doesn't make that game superior.

And I never knew RDK was in UofM >_>

RDK

Smash Hero
Wow. I hate it when people say Brawl or Melee is better than the other game. They are two ****ing different games, with different experiences altogether. Neither game is better. You can like one game more than the other, but that doesn't make that game superior.
Obviously I was being overly subjective just to jab at Bowyer. Or Vayseth.

Which game is "better" is definetely a matter of opinion, but there's no contest when it comes to which game is deeper or more competitively nurturing.

And I never knew RDK was in UofM >_>
I'm in ur bases pwnin ur brawlz.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
That is not true. You can compare a racing game to a fps game and one of those games is better. Now don't get me wrong, it is an opinion for me to say which one is better, but one of those games is actually better, but in most cases, we will never know which one is actually better.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
red darkstar kirby, you should come to my smashfest/tournament this weekend!

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Ankoku, you have quite a few good points. I'm going to basically call my arguments as experience I've had with the smash franchise in the small amount of time that I have been able to play it (aka 3 months). I'm going to continue to hold tournaments and continue to casually play the game. I believe a lot of my frustration is due to the game, but I also believe that a lot of it is due to my relative lack of experience with the game, in which I fully understand. I'mma quit the game for now (not enter tournaments) since I'm not exactly one to be nervous in tournament so I don't have those johns. It's more like I seem to be lacking a fundamental base in the smash world and that is what is keeping me from moving farther in this game. I'm going to try and figure that stuff out on my own in the mean time. Most of you have the advantage of understanding this game after a year plus of practice with melee. I believe I'm one of the few brawl-only players in MI who actively posts anywhere. I'm hoping that I can learn more about the fundamentals that I have missed out on and hopefully get back into the game later when I am ready. I think what really triggered any and all of this was your results that went snake, snake, meta, snake, snake. It reminded me of Naruto 4 nationals (one character was played for the entire tournament, out of 30+) and Tekken 4 Evo (same thing) and having one or two characters for an entire tournament where the game turns into dittos of broke tier is absolutely stupid. In other games (even melee) at least there were characters who COULD win over fox/falco. In this game, it almost seems like Snake/meta have ridiculously unbalanced match ups in their favor, and I'd hate to see this game go the tekken 4 route.

wall of text. did anyone read this??
break it up dude

lain

Smash Master
friday is a smashfest basically anytime.

saturday is the actual tournament day.

rofa's is a tournament where like every really good player comes, like Overswarm from Kentucky. and almost Vidjogamer+M2K but their car broke down.

there's a thread front page on midwest forums.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
a stfu lain u ***** *** ***** smellin chinese lookin orange haired ***got. go wear a tight shirt u pansy.
So, uh, I'm just going to assume that was a joke, unless someone tells me otherwise. Cause like, I'm kinda a moderator, and I kinda have to give you an infraction for like a million things in that one sentence if you weren't actually kidding.

And then you double post... *sigh*

Actually, thax, before I forget, there was something I've been meaning to tell you: STOP TROLLING. I will ban you if you keep this up. You're not leaving me much of an option.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
first allisbrawl now smashboards eh, i dunno what to tell u. might as well, cuz thaxceptional1 doesn't change his ways.

NarutoShocker

Smash Ace
Okay first of all: long *** messages will not be read by important people: me, rash, joel, dope, etc. Break em down to like 3 sentences. Secondly, those weren't flames. They were actual civilized discussions compared to previous flames on this thread. And I wanna play some brawl. Anyone goin to be in chicago this week?

Randizzle

Smash Ace
This game isn't very technical. Practicing and training doesn't make you get better. You get better by playing other (different) people in this game. That is all.

I play Snake because Snake is just badass (in this game, and the MGS series). Yeah, he's totally broken, but he's still just too much fun. I wish I could stay for singles this weekend, I think I would've done pretty well. =) Sadly, I didn't bring enough money for it, and I had other prior engagements (Johns).

I'll be in Austin, Texas for about twelve weeks for a summer internship, so I won't be at any tournaments around here. I don't know how the scene is down there, but I expect everyone in Michigan to get crazy good while I'm gone.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
thaxceptional1 got banned from AiB? How the **** do you manage that?!

You must've pissed off quite a few people to earn this badge:

I don't know how the scene is down there, but I expect everyone in Michigan to get crazy good while I'm gone.
That's assuming they don't all start giving up after seeing Anther's Pika >.>

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Oh man, I love that idea. I need to see if Kiki would be willing to code something like that into the boards in the future.

Top Bottom