• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
cool cool, thanks ori. yeah, I remember you too L. does ally live around here now? I see hotarms, tutu, juggle, and thax around here as well.
Bowyerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

also, SpartaKick lives in the Saginaw area.
Xatic lives in the Bay City area.
Ally is living in Mt. Morris at the moment but will be going back to Canada soon.
I am not too far from you, I mean if you where to hold a smashfest and had the above confirmed to go I would also attend.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
ha, what's up guys?

Roller, are you still in MI or did you head back to NJ?

What about Gio, Mark, and Will? Any of those guys still around?

Who lives downtown/campus Ann Arbor?

Roller

Smash Legend
I'm back in NJ for now.

Gio hasn't been active in the community at all lately, neither have I really. Not sure on Mark, I think he mostly just shows up to tournaments and that's about it. Will I haven't seen in months.

exJ0RDANary

Smash Cadet
I got ahold of a few people. Thanks for all the help guys. Unfortunately I can't make it to the tourny this weekend, but I'll be at the future events. See if I can't wedge myself into the MI smash community. :)

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
I got ahold of a few people. Thanks for all the help guys. Unfortunately I can't make it to the tourny this weekend, but I'll be at the future events. See if I can't wedge myself into the MI smash community. :)
Yeah I'd be down to play during next week if you can get me or someone else drives to pick me. I am rideless (I don't want to ask for other people where I live to drive me for games). But yeah.. not very busy nowadays and going back to Canada on the 25th.

kd-

Smash Lord
Spontaneously I just remembered something.

Apasher I owe you melee doubles (though I am even worse now than I was when I said I would team with you) at an event sometime. If you're still looking to team at something I can attend, do not let me forget/retire before I can team with ya ^_^

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Spontaneously I just remembered something.

Apasher I owe you melee doubles (though I am even worse now than I was when I said I would team with you) at an event sometime. If you're still looking to team at something I can attend, do not let me forget/retire before I can team with ya ^_^
Are you going to Body City?

kd-

Smash Lord
Fun Fact: Chad is actually amazing at doubles
Dislike so much. I'm actually incredibly happy you're teaming with KJH, he's the fox you deserve AND need. I've said for so long you need an actual good Fox to team with
4. Snuggleguy - $20
You really think this woulda happened with JuggleDragon? What a joke

Apash I can't make it to Body City or AMM#3 unfortunately, I'll try to make it out when I can

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I haven't actually learned how to play doubles, singles, and TO my own tournament yet. So I'm sitting out tomorrow. But soon enough the KJH/Juggleguy train will have no whistle.

kd-

Smash Lord
I haven't actually learned how to play doubles, singles, and TO my own tournament yet. So I'm sitting out tomorrow. But soon enough the KJH/Juggleguy train will have no whistle.
You won doubles at a tournament at Mason when you teamed with Shady, but you did drop a game to literally the worst team ever - rokidragon

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
did u guys know that smash is fun without even being good? and being good doesn't even make u that much money. why is there so much pressure on self success in the game?

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
did u guys know that smash is fun without even being good? and being good doesn't even make u that much money. why is there so much pressure on self success in the game?
You can ask the same question about any game (and sport) that is played competitively; because some people love their game to an extent where they want to put in the work to be good at it.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
You can ask the same question about any game (and sport) that is played competitively; because some people love their game to an extent where they want to put in the work to be good at it.
disagree. pro players make millions. that is something you want to succeed in if you can. a pro melee player makes maybe 20k top exlcluding travel and entrance fees. i just think its funny when people take pride in being the best in something that don't matter. i like the game that is why i am here. i suck but that doesn't bother me, i really don't care, i just am interested in the game and the technichalities of it. i care less about who wins. that goes for any game. i still think that its good to be competitive, but no sense in really bragging about how good or bad u are. seems really childish.

Oblivion

Smash Journeyman
It takes skill to be good at something. People like knowing that they are skilled, and winning is proof of that (except for winning from a trip lol).

kd-

Smash Lord
Doesn't seem all that great to tell people how they should view something or what they do doesn't matter, either.

stewyian

Smash Ace
disagree. pro players make millions. that is something you want to succeed in if you can. a pro melee player makes maybe 20k top exlcluding travel and entrance fees. i just think its funny when people take pride in being the best in something that don't matter. i like the game that is why i am here. i suck but that doesn't bother me, i really don't care, i just am interested in the game and the technichalities of it. i care less about who wins. that goes for any game. i still think that its good to be competitive, but no sense in really bragging about how good or bad u are. seems really childish.
the fact uve been arguing here for the past week or so seems childish to me

JTsm

Smash Master
Why is everyone butthurt? like...... I know it's Michigan, but like damn.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
i dunno, if i give an opinion people get butt hurt. if u read my posts i am not criticizing anyone directly, but i get a bunch of "r u stupid?" replies. seems like people like to find a personal offense to everything i say on here.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
i dunno, if i give an opinion people get butt hurt. if u read my posts i am not criticizing anyone directly, but i get a bunch of "r u stupid?" replies. seems like people like to find a personal offense to everything i say on here.
It's fine to have an opinion, but in this case, you're better off keeping your opinion to yourself.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Yeah Apasher, I've been done on this topic for years. Buncha nubs! SWF was cool when it was at least just a little bit more than a flame war. It is a game, guys, talk about the game, talk about meets, talk about what happened over the weekend. Don't bring up the "questionable" sexuality of someone because of their opinion.

But hey I still lub you guys.

Top Bottom