• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
I disagree, a big factor in maining a bad character is being able to utilize gimmicks effectively, and gimmicks are most effective when the other party doesn't even know they exist.

I fail to see how beating someone who hasn't put in the time to learn a MU that you've learned doesn't count as beating them. You just sound mad that gr>dacus isn't legit on diddy imo.

I think beating someone is when you beat them. That being said I personally wouldn't advocate "relying" on people not knowing the MU, because they'll eventually learn and you'll end up getting bodied, but abusing a lack of knowledge is a powerful strategy.

I read the word depending as both relying and abusing, if that's not what you meant, well then this was a wasted post l0l.
I agree, I main mk because I'm too lazy to learn any useful information. It's not as necessary for me as it is you obviously.

Are people in aa playing melee/brawl Thursday? I think I'll be staying with Gio then so if anyone wants to play: ****. ^_^_^_^_^

:phone:

NarutoShocker

Smash Ace
I haven't read everything but I've read enough to comment on the current (I think it's current) discussion in regards to MI being aholes to each other.

Let me be the first of one of the originals to say: that was quite recent. I honestly don't know when that started, but it wasn't the case when I was around. There used to be arguments, disputes, and even hostility between individual players, but never as a community. And most of those disputes were either personal, or based off of trash talk. But once the parties involved met, there were no beefs between them. The MI scene used to be quite welcoming. Smashfests were publicized, jokes were tossed out, and respect was given, to those that earned it and to those willing to improve themselves. Arrogance was the only thing that created a bad mood. And with that being said, our best players at the time still held their tongue and kept their ego in check.

I do agree with Tech that, as a community, we need to rise together. People get discouraged, and often disappear when they realize that they aren't growing. And although that does improve the level of play from MI, it defeats the entire point of this thread: to create a community. How the community itself grow if we aren't doing what it takes to pull in others and keep them in as well? How can we grow if the same people take the top 5 spots in every tournament?

Now in response to Rizk: I agree and disagree with you. In business, yes, you are sometimes fighting over the same spots so therefore it's a dog eat dog world. But this isn't business. It's a game. It's fun. Educating someone on the game doesn't mean that you yourself are burying your future progress. It means you're creating an environment where you can get better, because the people you play with get better. It's called friendly competition. You're only as good as your resources. And if the people around you aren't even placing, how can you improve? Also, you shouldn't lack confidence in your own abilities. Just because you teach someone doesn't mean they'll better than you. You should have confidence that you can educate a person without putting yourself at a disadvantage. I've been coached slightly by NoJ, James, Rash, and Anther, to name a few. And I'm still miles away from being anywhere near as good as they are. And the reason that some of them are even as good as they are is because they played against players of the same caliber relentlessly to learn new strategies and evolve individually.

To each their own, of course, but I do agree that having good spirit and being willing to teach other players on how to improve themselves (whether they're playing against you or another person) is one way to excel as an individual. And in the business world, one that can raise the value of others has more value than one that is in his own world.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
There might be a Melee Smashfest in Troy on Saturday as well. Which means AA Melee / AA Brawl / WTP / any combination of the previous three should carpool.

resTy

Smash Champion
Why the **** did my name get brought up in here? I don't even play this game anymore -_-

EDIT: Read the last 5 pages, and what the **** haha. Brawlers are calling out a Melee player to play them in Brawl. I'm not really sure if it's trolling or not.

And Juggleguy, I'll MM you at FC if I even go...

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Tyser is the guy who would beat everyone but TuTu and Ally I guess in Brawl.

And **** the entire MI Melee scene in Melee, except Duck, I hear Tyser sucks at dittos.

JTsm

Smash Master
Yeah 80% I might go Ori. Do you know what time we should be there?

resTy

Smash Champion
Tyser is the guy who would beat everyone but TuTu and Ally I guess in Brawl.

And **** the entire MI Melee scene in Melee, except Duck, I hear Tyser sucks at dittos.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, stop overhyping me, especially in Brawl. I don't even play these games anymore. Just because I'm stomping everyone in our state like they're Day 1 scrubs doesn't make me a good player, it just means everyone here is that bad. I honestly don't understand why I'm even brought up in your rants about Smash anymore. If you're going to pop off and start a fight with people, try to have a backbone and put yourself out there instead of hiding behind me. It's getting old and quite frankly, kind of annoying.

Apologies for his behavior and the rant, folks.

Looking forward to games at FC, Juggle.

Top Bottom