• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Roller

Smash Legend
I can house Friday and/or Saturday. And since you said whoever you house would come to my place to play anyway, since you have no setup.. I might as well just house them. Unless they want to head back with you one night for the couch. Ask MJ what he wants to do between you, me, & THuGz.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I think ill do a sf in wb friday just for those housing with me. I'm just saying I am at max if the other west mi car needs housing.

:phone:

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
roller maybe it'd be better if we play at mason Friday night. Between me, you,mjg, kain, meek, and sauce that'd be way to many people for your single.

:phone:

Roller

Smash Legend
Like you are going to show up to a smashfest.

But yeah, odds are that's where we'll go once everyone gets here. Considering Zinoto and thugz and people weren't even included in that list.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Neither of the rooms at Mason Hall are available this weekend, UM SOAS just got back to me. Can I go ahead and book the SWEET VII venue for you guys this Saturday, Derek? PM or call me asap.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Since you seemed to have missed it before
Yes/No I have a 4 seater Blazer and It is either full or has room for 1 more. If it has an opening, I will text you. Also if there is room, you would have to find a way to get to my house Saturday morning or Friday night.

Roller

Smash Legend
So. This is my third consecutive day without any sleep. I'm not THAT tired. But. I just lost feeling in part of my foot. And it wont come back. It's not asleep tho... So idk wtf is up with it. idk if it's from exhaustion or the excessive caffeine or dehydration, or not eating in like 11 hours. Whatever it is... I think I'm going to sleep after this class.

**** papers.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
So. This is my third consecutive day without any sleep. I'm not THAT tired. But. I just lost feeling in part of my foot. And it wont come back. It's not asleep tho... So idk wtf is up with it. idk if it's from exhaustion or the excessive caffeine or dehydration, or not eating in like 11 hours. Whatever it is... I think I'm going to sleep after this class.

**** papers.
Where is Dr. Panda when you need him.
Oh wait, he got banned.

On a brighter note, Smashfest at my place Friday before the tournament. Attendees will be Xatic's car, Super's West MI car, Tech + SK, Zyth + Ron, me and Wuvs.

kd-

Smash Lord
Bored at work.

If you had a time machine specifically for smash purposes, how far back do you think you'd have to go to be 'da bess'? What do you think would happen to smash? No disrespect or anything meant when using these names, but what if Axe's Pikachu or Duck's Samus went back and rampaged through MLG Anaheim or New York? Would we see a tier list like 1. Fox 2. Falco 3. Samus? What if Tink had his current skill and Ken got absolutely ripT losing to him?

Pointless question is pointless, but I'm pretty sure Mango comes from a different time where Puff is mid/low tier, trained with Puff, came back to an earlier time where his Puff was way more advanced than everyone else, and just sandbagged through his 'rise to glory' phase before becoming king.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I think at my current level I'd have to time travel all the way to around 2003 to be the very best of the time. That seems like a really long time ago, and if you watch videos from the MLG and pre-MLG days it's hard not to think "these guys have terrible tech skill, we're so much better now" but you gotta consider what made those guys champions. People like Ken, Azen, Dope, and KDJ didn't get to the top so much by being great at tech skill, but more because they were the best at knowing how to adapt, mix things up, and exploit opponents under pressure. So I think I'd have to go back to 2003, and even then I'm sure the top players would figure me out and surpass me within just a few weeks for the reasons mentioned above.

Does anyone really think Ken would get wrecked for very long in today's metagame? Sure, he might wrecked for the first few matches, but I guarantee you it would take only a mere Smashfest or two for him to adjust to today's double-shining Foxes, shine-grabbing Falcos, and bair-happy Puffs. Top players in any sort of competitive scene don't need to be ahead of their time, they only need to overcome their current greatest challenges. Ken was never threatened with an Axe-level Pikachu in his time, so he probably never had any specific tricks for that matchup, but you can bet he'd adapt really quickly if given a few hours of playing time vs Axe today. Which is why I always dismiss the argument that the old school champions wouldn't be able to keep up in today's metagame, because they definitely can with regular practice against a variety of playing styles.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
This actually happened in a socal brawl Regional. LeePuff and BoA came back after a 2-3 year retirement and still placed in the top 4

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
yo juggleguy I heard you skipped smym cuz you knew I wanted revenge from smym12 and you were scared of losing the ganon challenge.

just what I heard tho..
from myself

kd-

Smash Lord
Gonna start maining Sheik, I think. Dishonor upon my famiry, going home to be a famiry man yadda yadda...

This website default skin makes it hard to see spoilers.

Top Bottom