• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
How's work on 3 hours of sleep holding up, Tech?
Well so far I'm still alive so that's good. I just took a 5 Hour Energy Drink (Extra Strength) so I should be okay until I get home and then I'll just crash lol

But this midnight release...I am not looking forward to this.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
yo does anyone have any broken gamecube controllers or ones that just dont work that great?Its a hobby of mine to fix up electronics and what not and controllers are my specialty ^.^

Kail

Smash Lord
I do, I have two that I want fixed up but I lack the screw driver and I'm really not good with electronics. Anyway I could have you look at them whenever we happen to meet up at a tournament or would it take you a while?

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
Kail it wouldnt take long, I definitely could do it at a tourney. Unless it was something big, like I needed to solder and what not. I have a bunch of broken ones taken apart for parts, so if you needed another part then I might have one it just usually takes a while to replace a part. Just cleaning and fixing up would only take like 20 minutes. Tutu I assume youll be at bamf 2? I could look at it then, or whenever I see you.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Marco wanna hang tomorrow? I have like 2 that need fixing and you still need to help me get my other Wii USB loaded.

Roller

Smash Legend
Yo, when I get back in MI, I have 1 with a sticky B button, and two with z-buttons that are not working (I suspect the button underneath the shell got slanted slightly out of place or something). If you'd be able to help me out with the z button ones at least, as I assume it would be easy to fix, just don't have a triwing. I would be much obliged.

Jermesque

Smash Apprentice
Hello MI.

I haven't been here in a long time. I really want to play some Melee, but I can't take off any weekends to come out to TC's or BAMF events, does anyone have any smashfests or anything scheduled for a M-T-W in the Southeast? I know those aren't typical days, but I had to ask :p.

Thanks.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Hello MI.

I haven't been here in a long time. I really want to play some Melee, but I can't take off any weekends to come out to TC's or BAMF events, does anyone have any smashfests or anything scheduled for a M-T-W in the Southeast? I know those aren't typical days, but I had to ask :p.

Thanks.
dablackpacman usually hosts Tuesday Smashfests for people in the Detroit / Metro Detroit area, out in Centerline if I remember correctly. Regulars include him, Soul, Warlock Don, Tech Chase, Hellsing, Chad, RyeJew, DRDN,etc.

slayertokey also hosts occasional Smashfests in Troy. People in the area include him, Love, Composeur, Brainjack, Aceplayer, HIV+, Solo, etc. Very fun to play with as long as you can tolerate his hacked Melee setup =P STREEEEEEETS OF FIRE

The other two Melee hot spots are West Bloomfield and Ann Arbor, which are both pretty dynamic regions in terms of summer vs school year. Players like Shaeden, Duck, Jungle, BloodyJoker, Dre, Rabbi Nevins, etc. are all in the West Bloomfield area for the summer, but after the school year begins it's literally completely empty. Ann Arbor is easily the most active city during the school year. In the summer it's a little more quiet, but we still have the most players, including Moose, SCOTU, Bowyer, Lain, Gio, Hot ArmS, Kagu, Roki, 3Chairz, and myself.

Check out the Michigan Smash Map for details (unless noted in their description, everyone on the map is a Melee player):

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=215047002749910854664.0004a3046684fccabdc52

Jermesque

Smash Apprentice
Man, I would love to play Shaeden again. I would say he used to destroy me, but really, I was so little competition for him, we may as well have never played. I think I'm a good deal better now though.

Thanks so much for that post juggleguy, I'll look into this some more.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Kail: I took the liberty of adding you and Andrew. Since I don't have an exact location, I guess you guys can be in the middle of a random lake in Grand Rapids.

Jerm: no problem, hopefully you can make it out to Ann Arbor sometime.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
lol macbooks.
I agree! But when your dumb friend comes up to you and gives you his old broken one that you know is a $5 fix, its impossible to say no ;) Now that its fixed it just collects dust :(

yoooo if there is melee in WB hit me up SONS, brawl sucks I want to play melee anyways

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I agree! But when your dumb friend comes up to you and gives you his old broken one that you know is a $5 fix, its impossible to say no ;) Now that its fixed it just collects dust :(

yoooo if there is melee in WB hit me up SONS, brawl sucks I want to play melee anyways
how much you want for it

Top Bottom