• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Smashers use the Classic Controller

ThaRoy

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, I just posted here so my post count would increase ^_^

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
Wow, so the cats out of the bag, are you trying to become a mod? nobody cares about your post count unless you're posts mean something and show analysis of some sort.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't see how the gc is better. I was used to it, but I switched b/c I knew the classic is better.-more buttons, closer buttons, smaller controller, and much more sensitive(so you don't have to mash in the buttons as hard to get the freakin char to jump!)

Edit: the only problem I've had is SHnair b/c I use x to jump, and it's hard to move my thumb over to the small a button accurately. The bigger A button on the gc controller helped, but I feel like I don't have to work my hands as hard using the classic.

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how the gc is better. I was used to it, but I switched b/c I knew the classic is better.-more buttons, closer buttons, smaller controller, and much more sensitive(so you don't have to mash in the buttons as hard to get the freakin char to jump!)

Edit: the only problem I've had is SHnair b/c I use x to jump, and it's hard to move my thumb over to the small a button accurately. The bigger A button on the gc controller helped, but I feel like I don't have to work my hands as hard using the classic.
I agree. Thank you for the relevant input.

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
lol at how brent louis is complaining about OTHER threads being pointless. please, everyone, RIGHT NOW check out some of the threads this guy has created and we'll talk about POINTLESS threads

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
You could just pm, you know save people some trouble. At least my threads don't get locked.

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
You could just pm, you know save people some trouble. At least my threads don't get locked.
blah blah blah i'm brentlouis i'm dumb blah blah blah blah trolls! there are trolls blah blah blah, i am dumb! look i found a new tech! wow, its called "spotdodging"! blah blah blah blah blah!

brentlouis could write four words and it'd be tl;dr for me!

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
You are destroying this thread, just message me, by the way people, he has already posted this exact message on another thread.

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
yup, CC controller is the bestnever met anyone wo could win againts me

Magik0722

Smash Champion
I use classic because i found that since the c-stick is very close to a jump button auto canceling became alot easier. I also like how both the a and the b buttons are next to a jump button also. In the GC controller the b button is far away from the jump buttons. One could argue that someone could set a jump button to special but i would counter argue that the way both jump buttons are shaped that each has a small slope leading to the a button and is unnatural for a slide against each jump button is.

Tyser

Smash Champion
So people like the Classic more because they dont want to move their fingers 1 cm further? Please name some pros who use Classic and win tournaments NAO!

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
As stated earlier, the "pros" do not use the classic because

1. They do not want to learn a new controller configuration. They played well with the g cube controller in melee so they are going to stick with it in brawl.

2. People do not realize the classic controllers potential so they do not use. It is not given a chance t "prove itself."

3. The classic controller is too small. It feels kind of awkward in your hands unless they are tiny. This can by remedied by buying the Nyko Classic Controller Grip. The problem with this is that several people do not know about it and many others are too lazy to get one. By the way, it is only five dollars and it is very comfortable.

The classic controller is better when combined with the grip. It is a lot easier to press the buttons because they are not far away from each other. This does in fact give an advantage.

Ykoahi

Smash Cadet
anybody who has the classic controller, how long (prefferably in the imperial system) is the wire from the plugin to the controller?
I use a classic, the cord from the controller to the wiimote is between 2feet - 3 feet (just barely over 2 feet though)

I'm by no means an amazing player of Brawl, most cause I'm new to this competitive community thing o.o
But my reasons for using the classic are as fallows:

1. I can stop carrying my Sensor bar around with me. The classic lets you use a joystick to move the hand at the wii menu. It's not a big deal, nor does it pertain to brawl, but it's reason.

2. It's wireless. Well so is a wavebird, but then again it's much lighter than a wavebird too. (i have nerdy weak limbs :[) tAlso at my local game tourney place it's easy to stand in the back and not being tied to a cord. (Then again a wavebird can do that too)

3. No Clacking. The joysticks don't require you to "smash" them inorder to do smashes.

4. I can time my shielding better. What? You can? Why yes I can, since the GC has the amazing R and L buttons you have about a tenth of secound it takes to push the button down and a tenth to release it, Alot of wasted time compared to a button

I dunno i find it comfortable and I'm lazy so most of my reasoning deals with item 1

EDIT: my god I look as though I am illiterate

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
idk what the imperial system is, but it's about the width of a door in length.

kupo15

Smash Hero
its all pref. I use the nunchuck setup. It is good because it doesnt screw up the muscle memory from melee as much and vise versa. I think the nunchuck is more fun for brawl. The gamecube makes me think of melee when I play and I get annoyed.....

Flowbeat

Smash Cadet
I used CC up until recently and I found it just as good as a GC in all aspects except the analog stick. The GC analog stick is much better for me, feels more precise.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I use both, but the gamecube more, I have 2 wavebirds, but both of them are faulty plus its too heavy for a controller(I don't have weak limbs, it just messes up the feel), The 360 controller while heavy as hell for a controller, seems to have similarities with the GC one(this is a bit off topic), but the Classic one is almost like a gamecube one(but with a lot less weight) I just changed the controls and swapped the A and B and made R the grab(I never use R as a sheild anyway).

Frozt

Smash Apprentice
I've heard a lot about
"People are used to the GC controller because they played a lot with it in melee, so they will stick to it in brawl"

I can say just give the CC a chance, you may find it better for you, I found it better for me after 6-7 years of me playing melee. didn't you guys get used to the GC controller after the original SSB (If you played SSB first) of course we had no choice, the gamecube had no n64 ports in it but you still got used to the new controller out there.
Give it a try, give the nunchuck a try too if you want too, after all if you stick with the GC controller it's all about what you like most.

CUsmasher2011

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Frozt....give the classic controller a chance. I used to play with the GC controller while in college, but I bought a classic controller when I bought the game for home. I like the classic controller better, because, for me, it's easier to grab opponent than with the z button on the Gamecube controller.

But if you do use a GC controller, use an official one, not a wireless or a knockoff

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I just prefer the CG controller just because I am more familiar with character commands, especially with Bowser's moveset. If I want to do a Bowsercide, Bowser does the Bowsercide.
Plus it works well with my hands.
In addition to that, the CG controller is perhaps the best way I can control arrow looping with Pit, which plays a major role in my strategy... like mindgames.

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
I just prefer the CG controller just because I am more familiar with character commands, especially with Bowser's moveset. If I want to do a Bowsercide, Bowser does the Bowsercide.
Plus it works well with my hands.
In addition to that, the CG controller is perhaps the best way I can control arrow looping with Pit, which plays a major role in my strategy... like mindgames.
I have no troubles bowserciding with the classic.

Top Bottom