• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Sheik in Town (SWF)

Lanofrose(Lano)

Smash Rookie
OK so im new to this site but im not new when it comes to Sheik or plain Brawling (not trying to come off as an Jerk but yeah) so i was just wondering is there a best Sheik around here or what is the top par ones at doing things like Mindgames, DACUS, Needle Camping/Tricks or Best Gimp set-ups stuff like that Ive been reading thought the threads and This place is pretty reliable on info when it comes to Sheik

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
light, champ, ankoku, perhaps tristan

neo, snakeee but they dont post here a lot

i **** but i dont have videos to prove myself

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'd say that NEO's the best Sheik player right now. He only alts Sheik, though, and mains Marth.
Tristan probably knows the most Sheik-specific information.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
There are only vids of his from around september '08 as far as I can tell. At least, for the ones where he plays as Sheik.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Most likely not if he did you would most likely see a bunch of mini neos running around by now.

His style is really interesting.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
NEO hates being recorded. If you ever see any footage of him, livestream or otherwise, savor it because you probably won't see any more for another three months.

Lanofrose(Lano)

Smash Rookie
Choknator: Even if you don't have videos probably still good i don't have vids either so yeah but when i watch my replays i hate it because of the dumb mistakes i use to make.......

i guess NEO is arguably one of the best anyways do you guys play dittos with each other to learn new stuff i don't do those much with sheik because of my site there was only like 5 Sheiks and now im the only one left

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Choknator: Even if you don't have videos probably still good i don't have vids either so yeah but when i watch my replays i hate it because of the dumb mistakes i use to make.......

i guess NEO is arguably one of the best anyways do you guys play dittos with each other to learn new stuff i don't do those much with sheik because of my site there was only like 5 Sheiks and now im the only one left
For the most part no, sheik dittos are rather lame because of the ftilt lock. Although I doubt this would ever happen in serious tourney match but occasionally a "no ftilt beyond 2 rule" is in play just to make the matches more entertaining.

No *****ing though if someone doesn't "know" this friendly unwritten rule.

Lanofrose(Lano)

Smash Rookie
I dont tilt lock at all Cept on Falco and Ganon its kinda lame and when i do it i lose all skill and try and spam it for some reason so yeah i dont do it much and the "no ftilt beyond 2 rule" is the best thing to kill the worst part of sheik dittos so yeah if anyone wants to play me with these rules ill be fine so how do you guys set up matches with each other is there a chat or place you go to for brawling?

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I dont tilt lock at all Cept on Falco and Ganon its kinda lame and when i do it i lose all skill and try and spam it for some reason so yeah i dont do it much and the "no ftilt beyond 2 rule" is the best thing to kill the worst part of sheik dittos so yeah if anyone wants to play me with these rules ill be fine so how do you guys set up matches with each other is there a chat or place you go to for brawling?
So...you wouldn't Ftilt lock my Fox?

Lanofrose(Lano)

Smash Rookie
So...you wouldn't Ftilt lock my Fox?
i would not tilt lock a fox he doesnt have a cheap chain grab to piss me of......

(A Tourney is different to win i may go cheap But in friendly's or just a serious match no i may do it a few time trying to set you up better for a like a fair to follow but never that long)

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
i would not tilt lock a fox he doesnt have a cheap chain grab to piss me of......

(A Tourney is different to win i may go cheap But in friendly's or just a serious match no i may do it a few time trying to set you up better for a like a fair to follow but never that long)
be careful how you use that word. People tend to take a lot of flack for saying something is cheap. The mentality here is that there are no cheap moves, just effective ones. There are exceptions though. p.s. I`m never posting via DSi again. this crap takes too long...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i like sheik dittos :p

you know how people say dont get grabbed against ic's?

well in a sheik ditto, dont get ftilted

who cares that its gay?

its still about who does it better

play an oli ditto guys LOL

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
well in a sheik ditto, dont get ftilted

who cares that its gay?
Right? thats kind of my logic... holding back doesn't really teach you anything. It just makes you less consistent when you need that technique.

That said sheiks need to learn how to DI out of ftilt. it is really percent dependent A lot of people myself included at one point kind of gave you and accepted a death when you can get out. The real window is actually quite small.

I hate sheik dittos.

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
Well if you go to real life tournaments, you should talk to some other Sheik mains to prolly set up a match with irl

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
The only sheik anywhere near my area is in Ed, he is somewhere in south florida, hours away. we play at big tourneys and stuff. He's helping me out a lot with my zelda.

Spare that I talk to a bunch of sheik mains a subs. most of them are several states away though NC, TX, etc. I've been looking into traveling for those tourneys but without a car and no huge income I don't really have reliable means of transport to get to any of those states for their bigger tourneys. I also don't really want to go unless I'm sure these is a big payout that makes the trip worth it ya know?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I'm in Tampa <3! Get it straight lmao!!! I wish I could travel as well, but college has been heavy duty burden on me, as well as real life stuff so traveling is always going to be hard. Otherwise, I'd be out and playing everyone lol.

Lanofrose(Lano)

Smash Rookie
So..... with all that said anyone wanna play sheik dittos, Heh i mean all this talk just puts the idea in my head hard we can set up the rules for limitations if you want .............but im not putting restrictions

Icyo

Smash Ace
It's a real shame that Sheik users are so separated in terms of locations.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Sheik is just a not well received character. Her strengths aren't very obvious and she plays very differently form her high teir melee counterpart, not to differently from fox, and peach to a lesser degree. It isn't that we are seperated it is that we there are so few of us to begin with.

I can think of maybe five sheik mains that regularly attend tournaments nation wide. It is no wonder they we never see each other.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Sheik is just a not well received character. Her strengths aren't very obvious and she plays very differently form her high teir melee counterpart, not to differently from fox, and peach to a lesser degree. It isn't that we are seperated it is that we there are so few of us to begin with.

I can think of maybe five sheik mains that regularly attend tournaments nation wide. It is no wonder they we never see each other.
If even 5.

10truths

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
plus sheik isnt really high tier potential imo LOL

all her matchups are even or harder

but ****** with sheik just feels sooooo good cuz shes fast

i use olimar to counter pick stuff now lol

Lanofrose(Lano)

Smash Rookie
oh well even if i was the only sheik i would still use her been playing her since i found out she was in melee and i was nevr good in melee but im really good in brawl i guess this not high tier fits me better

Top Bottom