• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the best falco player ever to grace ssbm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash Journeyman
im new to falco as a player so i want to know who is the best falco ever to grace ssbm?
i also want to look them up to see what the greatest falco player looks like.

any vids would be helpful also and very much appreciated.

mathos

Smash Champion
Falco4Life's link is pretty good for Falcos. Although I wouldn't consider all of them professional level they are definiately good falcos. If you can find vids of them its a good start for yourself. However I would not rely on the rest of those character players considering its not entirely truthful or good.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Lol, what you should do, is look at Bombsoldiers vids for technical skill. And then look at someone like, dope, or P.C's vids for mindgames that they do so you can do the same. Thats why my falco is really technical and is somewhat smart.

But best falco ever is definitely Bombsoldier.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Well, even though I've heard P.C. doesn't like falco dittos. I Money Matched him at FC6 for 5 bucs, he 2-1'd me. I don't think I could take one match off of Bombsoldier.

mathos

Smash Champion
YOU CAN'T TELL ANYTHING FROM VIDS. You need to see the play the person in real life or all the mindgames are lost. I think we need a mod to close just discussions.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
Mathos have you seen SmashTom? I don't care if it's a video or not there is no arguing with that kind of technical skill...

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Lol, M3RC, a lot of people think I can beat P.C. But last time I played him at FC in our Money Match I lost. I have gotten a lot better though in Falco dittos, I've gotten more smarter and can combo much better now. Thanks though. I'll try to get up some more vids of my Falco when I figure what character I should play against... :chuckle:.

Volrec

Smash Lord
SmashTom. Check his Falco Tutorial on youtube.
Please for the love of ****, tell me this is sarcasm.

I watch Bombsoldier videos for combos, PC for mind games and stuff. I also watch Jorge on the side just to pick up something new(he did an off the stage shine into an illusion. It's EASILY meteor canceled but it looked pretty cool imo.)
DaShizWiz is a great falco too. I love his flashiness.

bobknob

Smash Cadet
i started playing falco because of your vids forward, that's something!

hard to idolize any video game player though

and merry xmas *****es!

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
i dunno bomb soldier sucks vs marth i think me and foward did better vs ken then him but u cant base whos the best of that , i know BS's Vids are old too so u cant really say but id say its a throw down between Me, Foward, and BS

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I've been dodging this thread from day 1 because I hate these things sooooo very much. It's impossible to judge all the great players in the world because they don't play each other enough to really know who's best. That being said, our best approximations come from tournament results, and seeing as how the last MLG (Las Vegas) was won by PC Chris, and he's the only one in the top 8 of MLG who mains Falco, I think you're hard pressed to argue that there is anyone in the world better than him, yet people are constantly insisting that Bombsoldier is without a doubt the best player in the world.

This brings up my main point:
There is a difference between looking good and being good!
That's not to say that Bombsoldier isn't very good, but when you need to start comparing the best of the best, you can't base it on who looks the coolest. The only info most people have on Bombsoldier is hearsay and a very small set of videos. No one here knows anything about his tournament sucess besides a 2nd place he got to Ken, who, incidentally, has been defeated by PC Chris. Just like when we are making teirs for the game, we must also base our judgements of players on tournament results, and simply put, no one has near the tournament success of PC Chris with Falco

This doesn't mean that I don't enjoy watching Bombsoldier play, simply that I don't think he can possibly bear the label of the best falco player in the world without something more to go on. Until I hear news of BS defeating the top performers here, I'll file him away with DBR, Phanna, and other such smashers that I love to watch, but can't put among the very best of the best.

Drephen

Smash Master
everytime someone says bombsolider is the best falco, God kills a kitten

you guys are really basing bombsolider on VIDS, from 2 years ago, AND from fighting only like 3 people? pathetic

go out to a real tourney, then make your opinion

Two.Of.Hearts

Smash Apprentice
This is a serious question. If BS isn't really all that amazing, then why does the large majority of Falco players still tend to idolize him?

If he is, in fact, a phony, shouldn't we have figured it out after 2 years?

Also, wasn't Falco far, far, far less popular a character when the matches from Soldier of Fortune took place?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
This is a serious question. If BS isn't really all that amazing, then why does the large majority of Falco players still tend to idolize him?
A "large majority of Falco players" are people who base their opinions entirely on videos they see online rather than looking at tournament results. This is the same group of people who idolize DBR and start threads on the C. Falcon boards proposing that Clod Zero is the best C. Falcon player in the world. Besides, I don't think what myself or any of the people arguing against BS on this thread are arguing is that BS isn't amazing. With what little we have of him, his technical abilities still show through very clearly, and he's certainly a very talented Falco player. We're simply pointing out that everyone who posts about BS on the boards doesn't really realize that everything we have is from one tournament a long time ago, and that one respectable showing in a tournament culminating in a loss doesn't make a great smash career.

If he is, in fact, a phony, shouldn't we have figured it out after 2 years?
No one claims he's a phony, just overrated. And no, we wouldn't have figured it out, nothing else has been released.

Also, wasn't Falco far, far, far less popular a character when the matches from Soldier of Fortune took place?
There was certainly a surge in popularity of falco since the release of those matches, but that doesn't mean that BS invented Falco or something. I'm not an expert in smash history, but I remember seeing some very impressive videos of matches with DA Dave long before BS's matches.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
How many times do people need to have this argument?

Bombsoldier is the fastest, flashiest, most technically skilled Falco ever. This isn't even debatable.

But none of that makes him the BEST Falco.

Based on endorsements from Ken and Manacloud, I'm inclined to accept he's probably the best Falco out there, but we don't have anything concrete other than 2 year old videos.

Brookman

Smash Hero
How many times do people need to have this argument?

Bombsoldier is the fastest, flashiest, most technically skilled Falco ever. This isn't even debatable.

But none of that makes him the BEST Falco.

Based on endorsements from Ken and Manacloud, I'm inclined to accept he's probably the best Falco out there, but we don't have anything concrete other than 2 year old videos.
wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

i think pc is just jealous of bombsoldier regardless of age
wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

indeed. SmashTom is clearly the best with EVERY character. :laugh:
correct, correct, correct, correct, correct, correct, correct, correct, correct, correct, correct, correct, correct, correct, correct, correct, correct, correct, correct, correct, correct, correct, correct, correct, correct, correct.

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
It can't really be decided who's the best. It can easily fluctuate between the 3 P.c. Mentioned and others who place well. Right now I would have to place it with P.c. especially after seeing him play first hand.

Wish I would have gotten to falco ditto him though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom