• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the best falco player ever to grace ssbm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAK$

Smash Ace
you do kick azz though, i'll prove it when you come on the 30th and i can grace this thread with the awesomeness of your falco.

until then, if kc wont agree then i vote tru= to be the best falco to ever grace this game.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
For the love of god let this thread die.

Here's the facts:
1. All info of Bombsoldier is from a tourny 2 years ago that he lost to Ken.
2. No one even talks about anyone else from anywhere besides America.
3. The American Falco with by far the best tournament history is PC Chris. He's taken a tourney over Ken, he won the most recent MLG, and he's currently ranked #1 by MLG. There's no one even to his track record with Falco

Everything else is speculation, and therefore, can't prove anything, end of story. So please just let this **** thread die.

Everything else is speculation

mog87

Smash Ace
falcomaster6172 hes underground though, but hes insane, one time i saw him combo a dude so badly the dude quit smash and got a job.

Smash Journeyman
bombsoldier is great his skill and recovery tactics are good but i wanted to know basicly what did the best smash players bring to the table in terms of character

Smash Journeyman
do u mean like how they look, or act
you know like what type of approach do they use when fightin, what must a good falco
player think about in a match. hence the reason i asked who was the best as a simple source
not to copy them but to have the falco players mindset. i'd have a better feel of falco if i knew what his strength and weaknesses was as a character since i am particularly new to him.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
well u should propably look at their videos to get a feel to how they approach there ememies. n to help with your mindgames u should probably get some more experience playin people n real life by goin 2 tournaments or playin people around you.

sorry dat was tha best answer i could think of

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
My bad, sorry for the post.

Thanks Falco 4 life.

And yes, if you have some questions I'd be glad to help you out on my thread Mario-Master :).

Smash Journeyman
well u should propably look at their videos to get a feel to how they approach there ememies. n to help with your mindgames u should probably get some more experience playin people n real life by goin 2 tournaments or playin people around you.

sorry dat was tha best answer i could think of
thx but i'm not lacking tournament play or comp and i know it takes time to develope mindgames. i wanted to know what does a falco player focus on as of taking advantage of falco's strengths and weakness. man i wish this was doc i hate changing characters it weakens my flow with doc im not one of them people that can transition easily as you see.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
Shiz Wiz did u just post n the wrong thread

n i can't change players easily to. i play with 5 different characters n at times it gets confusin. but if u need help with anything u should just PM DaShizWiz or post on his thread. he is one of tha best falcos

Dis would b much easier if u could show me a vid. of u playin

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT <3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
I'd put my money on PC, yeah yeah there's no recent BS vids and I haven't ever played him but PC scares the crap out of me so that's what I'm basing it on. Is best falco meaning best at falco dittos or best versus basically all other characters? I guess there's no way to tell but chris has my vote.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Falco ditto matches are pretty meaningless. Now, falco vs a good peach or marth, that's where it's at.

Brookman

Smash Hero
unless the falcon is really good those matches are pretty mindless and one-sided, same with fox really. Against a good peach/marth you have to be almost perfect at comboing and just really good in general, even if the peach isn't that great. Marth...eh >_>

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
My training partner mains Fox and Peach. For the longest time I hated playing his Peach, mostly because she'd combo the hell out of my fast falling bird. In retrospect I'm grateful he played such an annoying character, because it really helped to develope my comboes. His Fox is meh, and ususally gets destroyed by my Falco.

Brookman

Smash Hero
My training partner mains Fox and Peach. For the longest time I hated playing his Peach, mostly because she'd combo the hell out of my fast falling bird. In retrospect I'm grateful he played such an annoying character, because it really helped to develope my comboes. His Fox is meh, and ususally gets destroyed by my Falco.
mmmm uptilts =]. Most fox players are 'meh' and get destroyed by falco. I am one of them =D

Zink

Smash Champion
Meh. These threads always devolve into PC vs BSoldier. IIRC from the last one manacloud said BS gave Ken more trouble, but that could easily be because they don't play as often. Personally I think BS has more tech skill but that doesn't mean he's better. Until we see dittos we'll never know. Too bad BS didn't go to OC2 :(
and to answer the original question... use lots of lazers. SHL, double edge lazer, RSHL, even use throws just for the lazers. Most annoying strategy ever.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
@Zink. Well said. It's fairly obvious both are the best of their nation, however, until we have dittos, or more recent videos of BS, we will not know for sure. I'd personally like to think BS is better, but that opinion is based on two-year old footage and heresay from respected professionals. PC Chris continues to produce more recent footage, where as BS does not (as per his own request). Looks like we need to dittos.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
who the hell cares about bombsoldier his videos are old and we have no solid info on him aside from rumors than ken and his bro say but even the japanese know about as much about as bombsoldier as we do

PC because he still actually plays and we have proof.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
To refute that statement. On the footage from two years ago: Even if he was at that same play level with no improvement, he still demonstrated the most technically advanced play style of any Falco, which for most Falco's is a lot, considering many play him using a lot of technical skill and fewer mind games when compared to toehr characters.

About Playing: BombSoldier still plays, I don't know where you got that idea. The fact that he doesn't release videos because he doesn't want people stealing his tech does not make him a non-existent player.

forward

Smash Champion
To refute that statement. On the footage from two years ago: Even if he was at that same play level with no improvement, he still demonstrated the most technically advanced play style of any Falco,
edit: the most technically advanced play style of any falco ever recorded

Brookman

Smash Hero
To refute that statement. On the footage from two years ago: Even if he was at that same play level with no improvement, he still demonstrated the most technically advanced play style of any Falco, which for most Falco's is a lot, considering many play him using a lot of technical skill and fewer mind games when compared to to other characters.
To refute that statement, the footage from two years ago do demonstrate a VERY high level of technical ability, however, that is all it demonstrates. BS just plays fast and aggressive and stupid.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2737923911300698689
I was just re-watching this vid, and it looks like ken isn't even really trying, or at least not playing very well/ken-like. Specifically at 1:15 can could simply edge hog for a kill but does what?! drops down and counters, misses, then dies? what is this garbage? This match was pretty bad for ken in general. If you really watch it, BS doesn't do anything that pc/forward/random falco's from alabama couldn't do, which is shine > wavedash > double jump > fast fall down air > up tilt.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
You've got me their Forward. Although you do know what I was going for.

EDIT: I wouldn't call him stupid. While he's young and there is an "apparent" lack of mind games, his Falco plays intelligently, and I dount more than a handful of people on these boards would stand a chance against him.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
About Playing: BombSoldier still plays, I don't know where you got that idea. The fact that he doesn't release videos because he doesn't want people stealing his tech does not make him a non-existent player.
I got that idea because the Japanese still talk about JGT for BS, and nothing newer sans Kei's updates in which Bombsoldier has still lost to Mikael and such, and thel ast anyone has heard of BS was a Kei update from like April or something.

It's more than a hunch I am basing this on considering even the smashers near him know jack ****.

Brookman

Smash Hero
EDIT: I wouldn't call him stupid. While he's young and there is an "apparent" lack of mind games, his Falco plays intelligently, and I dount more than a handful of people on these boards would stand a chance against him.
BS, if you actually watch the videos, is just being mindlessly aggressive. Given that he is playing the ONLY character in the game that can get away with that style, he is pretty well off.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
BS, if you actually watch the videos, is just being mindlessly aggressive.
Mindlessly aggressive? Put yourself in his shoes. Tournament final against the USA's best player. Would you be able to be aggressive under that kind of pressure, let alone pull off breathtaking combos that no one had ever seen before? Aggressiveness is part of his strategy. And people who say he possesses little mindgames hasn't really watched the videos that closely.

When watching pro videos, you can't judge anything by their tech skill. I know it can be good, but you can't judge mindgames unless you try to watch the video by watching a certain player and the decision he makes. Even then, your perception of the mindgames is only relative to your knowledge of them.

JGT's videos of bombsoldier show a LOT of mindgames, people. His falco makes very smart and clever decisions, all the while putting his opponent under pressure. And according to manacloud, he jc shines to break shields now. Nobody else can do this.

I have seen some amazing Falcos play. I've played against ROB$, DA Dav3. I've watched PC's videos many times, and I saw Forward play against Ken live at NCT2. Despite their amazing level of skill, none of them can maintain such a high level of combo ability and tech skill as bombsoldier under the pressure of a tournament final.

I think it's safe to say he's the best Falco player out there.

cablepuff

Smash Ace
man this thread turned into nut riding vs player hating contest...

best way is to vote for best falco. Have top players vote for the best 3 falco beside their own.. top as in people like pc, mathos, forward, dope, pyrogamer, dashizwiz ...etc.

Cort

Apple Head
Chok, your post was almost half decent until you said he can JC break shields, when it's ALWAYS possible to roll out and stop it. There's actually 2 frames you can do this vs Falco and 1 against Fox (and you can buffer it in to do it asap by holding shield + c stick left or right.) Recall Adventure in Fox vs GigaBowser. He was able to dodge roll out of the way of his rapid shines.

You guys judge from videos, and that's it. His old, 3 or 4 sets of videos. That's pathetic if you think about it. He hasn't even beaten Ken in a set.

You guys can't even start to imagine what "mindgames" are just from watching his flashy videos. I wish PC vs Azen was recorded and put up at MLG Vegas, it's a true professional of the game at some of his finest points. He's not ridiculously flashy, he's ridiculously smart and careful, mixed in with as much technical skill as he can afford before being too eccentric to mess up and get *****.

PC is easily the best Falco player in the country, and probably the only "really good" one. He beat Hiko without too much trouble at OC2, and the Japanese considered Hiko to be just as good as BS...

It's pretty pointless to even try sometimes, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom