• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Battle for Western New York 3! Rochester, NY - January 27th and 28th ($500+)

PJCaesar

Smash Cadet
Yannick were you addressing me with those ditto challenges? I accept, sir. And I raise you a Falco ditto. And umm....one random character select ditto. Take that!

And you might want to brnig a spare memory card. You know, because Final D is going to have pieces of your Bowser all over it and we might want to use that stage for a Falco ditto or something. Just throwing it out there. Oh, and same goes for Corneria, but I'd rather not get into details. Something about dthrowing you through the nose of the plane, I think. And I seem to remember overhearing Slippy saying "scrape off the tail fin....big mess". So yea, I'd prefer fresh stages after each time I clean the deck with you.

SpincycleofDOOM

Smash Apprentice
:yoshi: I will fight you!

Seven Year event match? Young Link v. Link on Temple. 3 stock. Remote mines on low.

Let's gooooo!
Referring back to this, I will accept as long as its a friendly. haha.

And also I will accept any other friendlys too.
you can name your conditions, I dont have to play Link.

And its been a while since I've been on here too due to regents on thursday haha.

But you shall see me most likely both days for this, I may need a ride sunday from another Xepher member but I dont know yet. But I can talk to you all at school sometime.

Anyways, LESS THAN A WEEK AWAY!
Im pumped.
I cant wait for this!
LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Greta_the_Great

Smash Ace
Who will challenge Allegany Crew to a crew match? Xepher, Rochester peeps? :(

I asked for a crew match back a while ago and got an answer like "Well come to a big tournament."

ALLEGANY CR3W in full force!

shoklan

Smash Journeyman
:yoshi: Shoklan, we can Falco ditto instead since that whole Bittersweet match idea isn't so good.

I can't play Falco really, though, so forgive me if I don't put up much of a fight.
Yeah, I got to see a bit of that match.....

If you want a Falco ditto, I'll accept. I want to be the best Falco in WNY right now, so I need all the practice I can get lol.

It's fine if your not as proffecient with Falco as your other charcters. What exactly about Falco makes him hard to play for you?

Lol. Retro Chaos Iron Man Match is going to be insane. Can't wait for it.

Mike/Spin: When are you coming down? It's less than a week away, and your nowhere to be found man! We all need practice, and that's what the samshfest is for right before BFWNY3. You'd better be there since your a Xepher member, and we have no school on Friday.

I'll take any friendly challenges that anybody wants right now. I need the practice lol.

P.S. Smashers. Brian and myself are in development of a strange type of smash game that will hopefully be announced at BFWNY3.

See you at the Smashfest and the The Battle For Western New York 3 everybody!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: For our NYC hopefuls, I'll get information for you as soon as I can.

In the meantime, use Google Maps or MapQuest to go from your borough to Rochester, NY. You'll find it's quite a ways away. I'm only saying this just to prepare you if you're really interesting in coming.

lionheart1

Smash Ace
Who will challenge Allegany Crew to a crew match? Xepher, Rochester peeps? :(

I asked for a crew match back a while ago and got an answer like "Well come to a big tournament."

ALLEGANY CR3W in full force!
buffalo will challenge any crew. i <3 crews

OKAY PEOPLE LETS TALK MONEY $$
name the conditions versus my fox, falco, mewtwo, and maybe some captain falcon
bring it!
-tim

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
ROFL at Neil having the best Falco in WNY! It's just as hilarious as me saying that I have the best Peach or Zelda in WNY!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I give up. I claim best Doctor Mario on my block! Nobody can take that from me!

_V_

Smash Ace
Hmm I guess I may be coming to this...not 100% sure yet...is there any way the days could be switched and singles could be Saturday, or singles and low-tier or some combination? I would normally not care, but my team partner is back in CT, also my school is 3 hours away so I can't stay late Sunday. And to make it even more annoying I am going to a concert in PA on Monday, so I even more so can't stay Sunday.

Just wondering, thanks!

_V_

Smash Ace
Oh it's fine...haha if it's better for everyone else then there is no point in changing it for one person :)

I just thought I'd ask...I think I'm still coming anyway, so yay!

_V_

Smash Ace
Yay it has been confirmed...I am coming to this. My roommate's friend from high school goes to college like 5 minutes away and is also attending, so him and I have housing...we are going to stay for singles too, hopefully it stays on time and ends by 6 that way I get back to Oneonta by 9 and head down to PA right after that!

Yay for tons of driving ^^;

Edit//I want tons of friendlies...I need to get better.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: There will be one minor update to the schedule.

In lieu of the travelers that came last year and the expected turnout this year, low tier will be removed from the event and crew battles will take place on Saturday along with teams. We're devoting Sunday to singles and lots of friendlies and maybe some money matches.

The schedule on the first post will be updated shortly.

PointyStikODoom

Smash Cadet
Horray! I think i can practice tomarrow-friday now. Im pretty much giving up on my Physics assignments cause they are just retardedly difficult. Hooraaah!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Crews have to range anywhere from four to six players.

Crews can be formed the day of the event, so if you don't have that many, I can hook you up with some folks on Saturday.

Stik, don't do it! It's a trap! Get that WebAssign done!

_V_

Smash Ace
Sweet sounds good...

Greta, you lived in Simsbury?? Small world! None of my CT buddies are coming to this, only my roomate here at school...I tried to get them to come, but CT is a far drive.

JTales

Smash Rookie
how to register?

hello, I want to enter in this tournament and I would want to know how to register for it. can anyone please give me instructions?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: There is no online registration.

Simply show up to the event with your controller and your entry fee and you will be registered at the event.

Oh, by the way! Anybody that can bring extra TVs, Cubes, memory cards, and copies of Smash...please do so! The more setups we have, the faster we can get brackets done, and the more friendlies can occur! Please help us out if you can! ^_^

TAK$

Smash Ace
err i'm going to chus my cousin decided to take my tickets, and sell them like a ******, so i cant make it down there. =/

Top Bottom