• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Battle for Western New York 3! Rochester, NY - January 27th and 28th ($500+)

_V_

Smash Ace
I think I can go to this now that it's later...I should be at school then, we shall see! (need to find a ride as well x.x)

Brookman, if you come you can stay with me...though we're a good 2 hours from the tournament haha.

Oh and guys, go easy on my roommate this time...he was that Marth that played that girl's Peach at the last event :p

Edit// Nevermind, I probably can't go...I am going to an Incubus concert in PA on the 29th and I am probably heading down there the 27th or 28th. Maybe I can still go the first day, we shall see!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: This post has hotel information. The direct link to this post can be found on the front page.

These are hotels in closest proximity to Arena51 and RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology). From these hotels, you can either get a cab to Arena51, walk to Arena51, get a ride from a fellow tournament-goer to Arena51, or shuttle to RIT (for those hotels offering shuttles--this is a free service) and, from there, decide how to get to Arena51 (again, by walking, taxi, or carpool). If you guys need anything or have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Note: You can't really walk from most, if not all, of these hotels to Arena51 unless you get a really good headstart in the morning. Please plan to get a ride or take a taxi.

The format is: hotel name, phone number, and whether or not they shuttle to RIT.

Hotels:

Radisson Rochester Airport -- (585) 475-1910 -- Yes
Marketplace Inn Rochester -- (585) 475-9190 -- Yes
EconoLodge Rochester South -- (585) 427-270 -- Yes
Courtyard by Marriott/Brighton -- (585) 292-1000
Comfort Suites of Rochester/Henrietta -- (585) 334-6620
Doubletree Inn -- (585) 475-1510 -- Yes
Residence Inn by Marriott Rochester -- (585) 272-8850 -- Yes
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson -- (585) 486-9000
Comfort Inn Central -- (585) 436-4400 -- Yes
Fairfield Inn South -- (585) 334-3350
Holiday Inn Airport -- (585) 328-6000
Microtel Rochester -- (585) 334-3400
Red Roof Inn -- (585) 359-1100
Days Inn Thruway -- (585) 334-9300 -- Yes
Fairfield Inn Airport -- (585) 529-5000
Motel 6 Rochester Airport -- (585) 436-2170
Wellesley Inn South -- (585) 427-0130
Hampton Inn Rochester South -- (585) 272-7800 -- Yes
RIT Inn & Conference Center -- (585) 359-1800 -- Yes
Del Monte Lodge -A Renaissance Hotel -- (585) 381-9900 -- Yes
Crowne Plaza Rochester -- (585) 546-3450
Clarion Riverside Hotel -- (585) 546-6400

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Andy, I wouldn't recommend doing that match.

Link's Up+B is clearly spinnier than DK's. Not to mention he gets a cool little pose when his Up+B is done. The only thing DK has on Link is his incredibly superior taunt.

omg1337core

Smash Cadet
Hey Yannick, up to a Mario ditto next time I see you at Arena?
I need to get owned a bit more than usual, I need motivation to practice. :p
I'd call it MM, but I'm poor as hell. hahaha

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: PJ's Mario is twice as nasty as mine, and he doesn't even play that much anymore!

I'll ditto you, Case, along with any other matches you'd like. However, if you get the chance to play PJ, please take him up on it. He does things with Mario that I've only read about. Toooo goood.

SpincycleofDOOM

Smash Apprentice
I might consider that MM.
As long as I have the cash.
If not then I'll definitely face you in a friendly match using whoever you want to.

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
Shiri rocks for hostin another tourny! I will be in the land down under that wknd good luck to all who attend. You guys WISH you had a chance to battle me for my crown!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: LOL

Anyway, I'm officially challenging N.OW to Yoshi v. Ness Iron Man match.

Pokémon Stadium. 10 stock. PokéBalls and Bob-ombs on Medium. Let's go!

Greta_the_Great

Smash Ace
The "holiday from hell" work weeks at my job are over and I only work Thursday and Sunday of this next week. If anyone wants to do anything, I'll try to get in contact with you. I'm practically sitting at my house with nothing to do. :)

N64

Smash Champion
Still psyched (though : / at C0MP not being able to attend, make it to the next one!).
This is gonna be so good.

$1 MMs. I demand them.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Greta, you're too good. Hit me up sometime later.

N64, play meeeeeeeee. Choose my character--I play everyone except Falco, Pikachu, and Jigglypuff. I can play Sheik, but I might chaingrab you--watch out. If you want, I will also Iron Man match you, but I'll do it DK vs. Pikachu or any other character of your choice. I don't think we got to play last BWNY, so let me know. ^_^

I also demand matches with DarkKnight, BiologicalNun, kc4ollie, and Stik. I'm comin for you hoes! Get readyyyyyyyyyy!

PJCaesar

Smash Cadet
I forgot I had an account here. Hahaha. WTG me.

I'm the PJ that Adam and Yannick mentioned. I'll glady accept any challenges, but let it be known that I am notoriously bad at dittos. Don't expect good matches. I play Bowser and Mario primarily, though I have been known to pull out a few other characters for fun.

Andy, I want Bowser vs. Fox rematch. Either free or pocket change. IIRC, he put the hurt on you and your Peach partner last time we played, but we never got that singles match I wanted. Be prepared, I have new ish for you. :)

I also want a match with the Mario player on Xepher crew. omg1337core, I think, right? Adam told me that you might be interested in a ditto, so let's have it. I'm ready. May be willing to mm, depending on how my c-stick is feeling. Prepare to be uair'd.

Yannick, I want a Yoshi vs. Mario match and Bowser ditto. I don't care when, really. I'll probably play with you before this goes down, but I want those matches. :) Oh, and I want to have the match you've been waiting for. A character of your choosing vs. my secret character. As per usual, you might want to consider earplugs because my controller will be fairly loud during that match. I might break it in half, I'm not sure.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: PJCaesar, your matches have been accepted. I'm going random vs. your secret character. ^_^

PJCaesar

Smash Cadet
Sure thing, and I raise you a Fox ditto. If you're challenging my main to a ditto, I'll do the same. Fox vs. Bowser, Bowser ditto, Fox ditto. You're on!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Sonic is for nubs! You should try to beat Event 53, instead. That takes real skill.

PJCaesar

Smash Cadet
I haven't unlocked Sonic yet. I found Captain Olimar and Tails, though. I'll use Tails against your Sonic, $5 mm.

And Pika, I think event 53 is the one on FoD against three Bowsers with TA off. And you can't play it on the wii either. You need to deal with the lag of three simultaneous down smashes.

Kijitow

Smash Cadet
Oh ****, quite a thread we have going for this.

Uh, yeah, me and RayRay should be able to get down for this thing. :)

Just curious, what days are singles gonna be and when are doubles? I wanna know which days NEED to be requested off, and which days would only be nice to have off. ;)

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Oh, snap. The schedule. >_>;

So tomorrow I'll be posting the schedule and the rules. Doubles and low tier, like last year, will be Saturday. Singles and crews will be Sunday again. If anyone has any questions, please post or PM me.

And N.OW, you are so going down.

shoklan

Smash Journeyman
That's what I was afraid of >.<

I made a promise like 2 months ago that I would go to a friends B-day party. Her birthday is the 28th >.<

Oh Cruel fate, why do you mock me so....

Top Bottom