• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Battle for Western New York 3! Rochester, NY - January 27th and 28th ($500+)

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Mmmm, Caesar those are bold words.

We shall continue our epic struggle another time, perhaps. ^_^

And yes, Mr. Falcon needs to come back if he can make singles. Just make sure to bring a Fox or something along too so you don't get gayed so hard by Sheiks next time.

beefbutcher88

Smash Ace
I can't make this one either. Same problem as Cornell, U of R dorms don't open until the 15th. I desperately wanna go to this though.... kicking Xepher Crew's *** at biweeklies isn't satisfying enough. Any hope of a reschedule?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I honestly don't think so. I'll run it by Kelvin, but it doesn't look too good.

DarkKnight2324

Smash Apprentice
I might have to do like a couple minute section of video just of people trash talking each other. So everyone come with insults prepared! It'll be like that creepy confession room on Big Brother!

omg1337core

Smash Cadet
I can't make this one either. Same problem as Cornell, U of R dorms don't open until the 15th. I desperately wanna go to this though.... kicking Xepher Crew's *** at biweeklies isn't satisfying enough. Any hope of a reschedule?
Them's fighting words, Andrew. :p
:yoshi: Oh, snapz! Beef v. Xepher Crew! Let's gooooooooo!
Oh Snapz, indeed. Oh snapz, indeed.
I'll be there, with a stepped up game.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: We have a fairly big update. The first post has been changed as such.

Due to today being possibly one of the strangest days ever in terms of circumstance, the date has been changed. Incredibly numerous circumstances have emerged and have forced us to make this one date change to the 27th and 28th of January. There will likely not be any more date changes. Please try to attend this if you can. Thanks for your patience and I hope to see all of you there.

TAK$

Smash Ace
I'm so there, but i have a question about the hotels in that area, would it be possible to make a small list of them? I'm going to be in NY the week before that so i figure i'll stay with my friend. and since his place is a long way from the tourny, we're gonna need to stay at a hotel during this two-day event. even a list of 1-3 would be helpful, thanks.

beefbutcher88

Smash Ace
Siiiiiick I love you guys for the date change.

Oh and Case, do you want a rematch in boots, lol? Or should I just beat you in a ditto with your best character? $5 Mario ditto MM. An stepped up game? Is that a fat joke? You know I love you though.

omg1337core

Smash Cadet
Siiiiiick I love you guys for the date change.

Oh and Case, do you want a rematch in boots, lol? Or should I just beat you in a ditto with your best character? $5 Mario ditto MM. An stepped up game? Is that a fat joke? You know I love you though.
I'm gonna take a HUUUGE risk with this, and say:
TWENTY-FIVE-CENT MONEY MATCH!
(I'm a high roller.)

+ Boots rematch. :]

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Tak$, I'll see what I can put together. PM me in a couple days if I don't get back to you just to remind me.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I'll ditto everyone in the Xepher crew either for free or for fifty cents.

Except Shoklan. You get to pick who I get to use against you. I can't play Falco. Anyway, I just want these for fun and to see what I can do with different characters. As always, I'm up for whatever friendlies you'd like to play, but I wanna do these matches in particular.

shoklan

Smash Journeyman
Woot! I getz teh specil awerd!

Ok, I swear I wont do that again. I've heard good things about your Yoshi Yannick, and I really want to play him. Neil has told me that you have some sort of very evil Yoshi combo, and I'd like to test my luck vs. it. With my Falco, I really want to play your Yoshi, but with my up and coming little secondary buddy, I'll play anyone of your characters. In fact, I want revenge against your Ganondorf for PUNCHING ME SO MANY TIMES!!!! I wont play Falco vs. him though. I'll try my luck with my little buddy first. :025:

And Yannick, Case and I are looking for something special so that you'll come to the Xepher Tournament when we set the date. How about a Giant Yoshi :) ?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Getting something for me to come to your event isn't necessary.

If I'm free and I can get a ride, I'll most likely attend, so don't worry about it.

And ewwww @ Pikachu. He is, hands down, the most annoying character to fight. I want to chaingrab him to death. To. DEATH. But if you wanna do Pikachu v. _______ , I'll be happy to oblige (without the chaingrabs, hahaha). Any other Xepher members wanna play me? Let me know.

P.S. - My Yoshi's not good. Seriously. >_>

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
yayyyy for date change. let our epic battle for bottom tier dominance continue! oh and that guy from buffalo (tim i think), your mewtwo is on my list too

Brookman

Smash Hero
there was a date change? is this tourny now earlier or later?

edit: I'll accept money matches, however 1) I'm not sure if I'm going and 2) most of the time I don't actually feel like mm'ing come tourny day.

PikaPika!

Smash Ace
there was a date change? is this tourny now earlier or later?

edit: I'll accept money matches, however 1) I'm not sure if I'm going and 2) most of the time I don't actually feel like mm'ing come tourny day.
The tourny is now later, and ill do some matches against you friendlies or MMs, I never got a chance to play you in tourny at VLS2

shoklan

Smash Journeyman
Yannick, feel free to Chain grab me. I need the experience at getting out of it anyways.

Scott wants to Pichu Ditto you. I am going to watch that. I am pretty confident in saying that just about every Xepher Crew member would love to play you. Friendlies are always welcome!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Oooooh, you guys have a Pichu member, too? Nice.

Mmmmm, this is gonna be huuuuuuuuge. I'm expecting lots of people for this mess. ^_^

SpincycleofDOOM

Smash Apprentice
Definitely count me in on this.

I was going to bring Kayla but she has hockey games. Oh well.

Gamings better =]

So yeah I will also be attending this.

And Yannick I will ditto you, I use Link.

Case if you want to get back at me I'll MM you for 27 cents.

I'm the big spender. Throw in a cookie too haha.

I'll also be coming with a stepped up game.

Anyone else want to friendly me?

I'll own you all with my broken character. :)

hahaha.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Andy, we can ditto all day. I like playing you--you have a unique style.

We can also do tons of fair matchups like Luigi v. Jigglypuff, Marth v. Pikachu, and Captain Falcon v. Mewtwo. Actually, we can play whatever matchups you want, but I always enjoy playing you. Don't think I'm taking you lightly when I go random. It's just what I do.

Spin, an old friend of mine has left deep, fatal, and permanent scars on me with Link dittos from the past, but hopefully I can recover from that trauma to ditto you. Again, I'll also play any matches you'd like along with that.

Anyone else? We can do these for free or for chump change--I care not, as long as I get to play lots of people. I regret not playing enough people last time around.

SpincycleofDOOM

Smash Apprentice
Scars? Hm... not sure what you mean by that. But Link is who I use regardless of others experiences with him.

Thats just how I am.

Anyways, anyone else up for a bout with me?

DarkKnight2324

Smash Apprentice
I'd be glad to play friendlies with anyone who has a free moment.
Particularly, since I will be concentrating almost solely on collecting footage this time, and I havn't decided if I will actually be entering any of the actual events yet. We shall see.

beefbutcher88

Smash Ace
Actually, is anyone going to be at Arena 51 tomorrow (Friday)? I'm stuck at U of R all day, and everyone's gone. My flight home's not until Saturday, and spending all day smashing would be kind of awesome. I've been practicing my low tiers a lot.

SpincycleofDOOM

Smash Apprentice
So some representatives from Xepher are coming. Including myself.

Depends on my money amount but yeah I might MM soem people if I feel confident enough haha.

Looks like I need to practice up a bit.

Top Bottom