• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Battle for Power! (Matchmaking & Video Thread)

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Hey guys, I've really been wanting to improve lately, and I feel that the main reason I'm not getting anywhere is that I can't find a good enough opponent to train against. Would any of you mind playing some friendlies with me and critiquing my ganon/falcon play? Tonight works best for me, but I'm available most weeknights too.

Last edited:

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
Hey guys, I've really been wanting to improve lately, and I feel that the main reason I'm not getting anywhere is that I can't find a good enough opponent to train against. Would any of you mind playing some friendlies with me and critiquing my ganon/falcon play? Tonight works best for me, but I'm available most weeknights too.
Join the discord chat, we're almost all there except for Vermanubis Vermanubis . But if anything just tag most of us and I'm sure we'd be happy to play (destroy) you.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
Lol. Any criticisms?
Yeah for one you stay in shield way too much even as Falcon. You need to start using movement more. Other than that it's basic stuff like what attacks to use and not being so predictable in your approach and breaking habits when I start to juggle or chain choke you.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Yeah for one you stay in shield way too much even as Falcon. You need to start using movement more. Other than that it's basic stuff like what attacks to use and not being so predictable in your approach and breaking habits when I start to juggle or chain choke you.
So basically everything. XD

interpunct

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EliteInterpunct
3DS FC
3110-5751-3360
Not a real Ganon main but I dabble with him from time to time. Any criticism to the video editing will be appreciated.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Finally! My ultimate Ganondorf montage is complete at last :) This is a montage I've been working on now and then for many months now, so I really hope you enjoy it :) It's not public yet, since I will do more final touches later, but here is a almost-complete unlisted version :)

mgleed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mgleed
Finally! My ultimate Ganondorf montage is complete at last :) This is a montage I've been working on now and then for many months now, so I really hope you enjoy it :) It's not public yet, since I will do more final touches later, but here is a almost-complete unlisted version :)

Very nice. If you do any more finishing touches, just spell check "cencored." :)

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
I said a moment ago that I was going to post this and here it is. The description explains it all (aside the references) already so no need for further explaining.

Last edited:

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
@Interpuct: Filthy monkeys should know their place.

WwwWario WwwWario : Thanks for remembering me about Dthrow strings.

Also, I'd like to share this nasty edgeguarding against a friend of mine.

Last edited:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
^Masterful editing, but I don't think Equalizer is the way to go when putting emphasis on things(or at least it looked like it was it).

Last edited:

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
Yo Gunny, I played a Villager who said he's familiar with Ganondorf because he's played you. The funny part of this is that he didn't have fear instilled into him while playing against Ganondorf. I'm very disappointed in you for not showing him what true fear is. But worry not Gunny, for I instilled fear into him. Enough for him to not use Villager and go Sonic instead lol.

Yeah I have no memory of using Ganon on villager. haha.

RudyTutti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rudy16100
3DS FC
4339-3054-4932
User name: RudyTutti
In-Game name: RudyReapah
3DS Friend Code: 4339-3054-4932
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: Rudy16100
Country of Residence: USA
Palette Colour: #3. #2 was OU
Message: I'm a Sonic main but I'm in love with this character! #GanonIsLoveGanonIsLife

NightMoves

Smash Rookie
User name: NightMoves
In-Game name: NightMoves
3DS Friend Code: N/A
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: GanondorfsDad
Country of Residence: IL/WI, USA
Palette Colour: any but I use red or green a lot
Message: I'm pretty new to using smash boards but want to get more active.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Well friends, it's the end of an era. For the following is 50-0 vs Garioshi Garioshi . This will be the last video you will see Gari and myself featured in together for I have come to realize that Gari is nothing but 15 year old Virginia trash through and through and far beneath a man such as myself.

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
Well friends, it's the end of an era. For the following is 50-0 vs Garioshi Garioshi . This will be the last video you will see Gari and myself featured in together for I have come to realize that Gari is nothing but 15 year old Virginia trash through and through and far beneath a man such as myself.

Love the emotional music that just gets cut off when you stomp his heart

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii

You can't just throw "e" on the end of words to make them fancy, kosk.

So Says Ye Olde Swoopse

VenomCB

Smash Cadet
I know it has been a while since the first tier list came out, but I finally got this put together.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Excellent work on the montages, gentlemen. Garioshi Garioshi it's good to see Ganon hasn't forgotten how to kick his own ass. VenomCB VenomCB Got a good laugh out of yours!

If no one minds me stealing the latest post, here's a match I had recently with a Villager from the Villager discord:

Last edited:

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Vermanubis Vermanubis can now play Wii U matches thanks to his girlfriend so I got a crack at that old ****. One excerpt of one of our 15 or so matches:

Verms still adjusting to a pro controller though k guys be nice to him

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I might upload one of our 3DS matches, but I don't wanna get my account suspended for elder abuse.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Oh no please do verm lol id love you to give me a reason to upload the other match i got on you ;)

Edit: sorry lol verm I couldnt help myself

But hey now you can upload those 3ds replays you were talking about lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom