• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Battle for Power! (Matchmaking & Video Thread)

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
I'm trying to figure out the spacing stuff as best as I can in these matches. Sometimes it also feels like the game is just ignoring some of my inputs. I often JC my usmashes, and the game just says "oh you mean jump and fair? Sure!" It's kinda frustrating.

Otherwise, these are fun. It's neat to find who I should use for whatever match ups.

Last edited:

Nintenbro_Zeke

Smash Rookie
Immensely satisfying double UpB kill on ZSS. Gameplay needs to be cleaned as I see crap ton of mistakes on my end, but far more on this guy's ZSS.
And yes those were both hard ass reads.

GooberGaming

Smash Apprentice
Hello!

I recently picked up :4ganondorf:, and I was wondering if I could get some experienced Gannondorf players insight on my Gannondorf gameplay. I currently consider him as a secondary, but I want to improve because I REALLY enjoy playing him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No1f-GnuKr0

Any critiques or comments will be great! :)

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
Hello!

I recently picked up :4ganondorf:, and I was wondering if I could get some experienced Gannondorf players insight on my Gannondorf gameplay. I currently consider him as a secondary, but I want to improve because I REALLY enjoy playing him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No1f-GnuKr0

Any critiques or comments will be great! :)
Too much roll, too much spotdodge, too much DA/Wizkick approach. Take your time to smell the roses man, walk, dont always have to dash.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Vs Arch(Palutena)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1TN6B8jb-A

Vs Vale(Robin)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=LLsdqR_h544wGhI-ozAk5TtQ&v=7-nUR5jOTdo

Vs Egregore(Mega Man)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PytYmdKqtX4

A little over 30 players, from a bit ago when I lost early to gblade in the mirror. I missed a tech vs the tena and ate an usmash but I really liked that set actually.

Tomorrow is the next tourney streamed at http://www.twitch.tv/ese_gaming/profile

Gblade as in Gunblade?

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Hey friends, we had a matchup discussion with the Samus' on discord, a few videos showcasing some quaaality Ganon vs Samus action

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Kosk, the best usmash spammer in the world.

Opana Opana Nice job with the powershields and avoiding Megamans projectiles. You're also on point with your flamechoke follow ups.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Vermanubis Vermanubis Yup I actually got destroyed round 3 in the ditto because I was way too reckless and when I wasn't I was in shield. After that I had a lot of drive to meet him again, if I didn't screw up a fast fall tech I think I'd have gotten my rematch too smh. I've been doing some thinking and there are two type of characters I really struggle against, heavy punishers and zoners, so I intend to work on my neutral and evaluate some mus more closely.

Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm Appreciate that; as crazy as it sounds I like the mm match up now lol.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Oh hey guys me and Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm had some friendly dittos today. I friendily beat him 11-1. here is a friendly from our set of friendlies for all my friends to look at. oh by the way ray wasnt playing seriously guys dont make fun of him ok

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
I said it once and I'll say it again, you're going to hell Kosk lol

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
That reminds me that I have to go a few rounds with Kalm eventually.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Pictured above, Kosk bathing in his 1,000 fsmashes.

EDIT: Lmao I can't believe you were playing the Samus boards for matchup discussion. Those poor people had no idea what they were getting themselves into. Those videos are equally hilarious and depressing.

Last edited:

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Drunk on a Saturday night.

**** it lets do Ganon dittos on wifi. Pray my connection holds.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Hey guys, Im a Ganon vet but I rarely post on smashboards for whatever reason. Thought it was time for me to get more involved. Anyways here's a vid from a recent smash ladder deal. Thoughts? Criticisms?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
In case people were looking for it, I think my basic mastery of Bayonetta is reasonable enough to teach the matchup to other Ganon players. Open for friendlies on request.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
Yo Gunny, I played a Villager who said he's familiar with Ganondorf because he's played you. The funny part of this is that he didn't have fear instilled into him while playing against Ganondorf. I'm very disappointed in you for not showing him what true fear is. But worry not Gunny, for I instilled fear into him. Enough for him to not use Villager and go Sonic instead lol.

Top Bottom