• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Battle for Power! (Matchmaking & Video Thread)

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Guess I'll finally do this. After the tourney, I now officially feel "part of the group"...

User Name - It's right under my avatar pic... you can call me "jahk".
In-game Name: Ironically, "JAHK"... but I go by other things sometimes.
3DS Friend Code: Don't feel like getting up and finding my 3DS to find out right now. I can be found/played on Wii U anyways.
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: Same as my User Name... "Jahkzheng"
Country of Residence: CA, USA
Palette Colour: Any color really, but mostly "Gerudodorf" (Brown/Yellow)

Last edited:

Knee Smasher

Smash Ace
NNID
UltimateChampion
3DS FC
2594-9924-0738
Here is a video showing an epic ending in a Ganondorf ditto I had with a friend:

ToonWaker

Smash Cadet
NNID
5una23
3DS FC
3737-9687-2294
User name: ToonWaker (subject to change though)
In-Game name: Robbie
3DS Friend Code: 3737 9687 2294
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: 5una23
Country of Residence: Oregon, United States
Palette Colour: Standard

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Updated the front page.

/Woops, apologies for the double post guys.

Last edited:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Matches are up from the tournament:

- vs. Shiny (Lucario)
Noticed you missed a lot of opportunities to kill out of flame choke against the Lucario. He gets hit by all 3 attacks and even a properly timed IDA.

When he was off stage, you should try clashing his recovery with UAir, it'll hit the Lucario before he grabs the ledge. And later on once he starts avoiding them by switching around and going on stage, predict that and get his laggy recovery. It's usually a 50:50 guessing game against Lucario from mid to high percentages off stage.

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Noticed you missed a lot of opportunities to kill out of flame choke against the Lucario. He gets hit by all 3 attacks and even a properly timed IDA.

When he was off stage, you should try clashing his recovery with UAir, it'll hit the Lucario before he grabs the ledge. And later on once he starts avoiding them by switching around and going on stage, predict that and get his laggy recovery. It's usually a 50:50 guessing game against Lucario from mid to high percentages off stage.
I'm a bit confused. He teched 100% of the chokes (if not a full 100%, consistently enough that reading the one time he wasn't going to tech or miss the tech would've been impractical)

As for off-stage, that's certainly not a bad strat. I'll have to give it a go sometime.

Last edited:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I'm a bit confused. He teched 100% of the chokes (if not a full 100%, consistently enough that reading the one time he wasn't going to tech or miss the tech would've been impractical)

As for off-stage, that's certainly not a bad strat. I'll have to give it a go sometime.
That's true but regardless it's always better to throw out a threatening ftilt against such characters to apply pressure or KO.

For example, at 3:42 - 3:54 of the video a ftilt would have hit despite those techs, and ftilt is always a much better option than a stomp (seeing how dair is super slow and laggy, and it's also easier to kill from the side with Ganon this game).

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I did. Several times, in fact. =P (if not FTilt, then DTilt)

As for the stomps, fair enough. It was mostly for style points, but point taken.

Last edited:

Shmeckie

Smash Cadet
NNID
shmeckie
User Name - Shmeckie.
In-game Name: SHMECKIE
Wii U Nintendo Network ID: shmeckie
Country of Residence: US of A
Palette Colour: I use 'em all, but I prefer purple. Makes his armor look black with white trim. Stylin'...!

Really looking forward to smashing with you fine folks here at the Ganon boards! I'll be free tomorrow evening if anyone wants a go!

Last edited:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Hey everybody, looking to better my Ganon skills. I also main (Dark)Link if anyone would like experience with that particular matchup.

Username: Naroghin
NNID: Naroghin
Region: Midwest, USA (EST)
Skin: Bachondorf

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Tomorrow I'll be available finally.
USERNAME/NNID: ManLiGi
Region: Midwest
Skin: 7/8

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Anyone up for a couple of matches?

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
You availabile on 3DS?
If you're referring to me: unfortunately no, I do not own a 3ds. I only recently moved back from elitist PC-only gaming (read: too poor to afford multiple gaming media) to... anything else. Although Nintendo was the obvious platform, I had to choose between handheld and console gaming. I'll be sure to keep developing my Link in the event you obtain a WiiU. I'd like to be somewhat of a challenge, at least.

CannonGanon

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-1498-3334
User name: CannonGanon
In-Game name: Cannonbolt
3DS Friend Code: 0018-1498-3334
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: N/A right now
Country of Residence: US
Palette Colour: UrplepurpDorf

Always looking to better my Ganon. For Glory gets a little too... yeah. :ganondorf:

CannonGanon

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-1498-3334
As well, I'd like to give you all the pleasure of viewing the best of Sm4sh Ledge Mechanics. I present: The Reverse Phantom ***** Slap

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
As well, I'd like to give you all the pleasure of viewing the best of Sm4sh Ledge Mechanics. I present: The Reverse Phantom ***** Slap
Wow, that was a one hit kill....

I don't even know.

This quality, heh. Opana and Gungnir play in a nebula underwater~

Good matches btw. Half the time I couldn't tell which you were, which is saying something to be confused with Gungnir at times. Certainly did better than me. I SD'd a stock in each of my two matches by accident.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
@ Vermanubis Vermanubis Any chance i can play against you again?
I feel like i've gotten a lot better since the last time we played.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Sure, Adom. It'll have to be sometime this weekend though, since after tonight, I have to go into godlike mode to finish all of my homework.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Decided to make a Ganondorf episode for one of my Smash commentary series. Check it out:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I actually have some unexpected free time if anyone wants to play.

@ Conda Conda : Good analysis. That's something that's always been true about Ganon: he kind of does defy the tier list. He fluctuates too violently between a terror and target practice to really feel he belongs in a given spot.

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
I actually have some unexpected free time if anyone wants to play.

@ Conda Conda : Good analysis. That's something that's always been true about Ganon: he kind of does defy the tier list. He fluctuates too violently between a terror and target practice to really feel he belongs in a given spot.
I'm down, can you host?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
GGs, Adom.

I can definitely see the improvements you've made since we last played. You've incorporated Aerudo a lot more into your game and your BAir spacing was nice and tight. But yeah, the lag hurt a bit. I guess it's to be expected, given that Israel is probably the single farthest place a person can be from where I am. =P

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
GGs, Adom.

I can definitely see the improvements you've made since we last played. You've incorporated Aerudo a lot more into your game and your BAir spacing was nice and tight. But yeah, the lag hurt a bit. I guess it's to be expected, given that Israel is probably the single farthest place a person can be from where I am. =P
I actually bought a LAN adapter for my Wii U because of stuff like this, it's really hard doing certain things if there is even a bit if input delay.

Shmeckie

Smash Cadet
NNID
shmeckie
I'm gonna be out of town for the weekend, but early next week I really wanna try and get in some matches with you folks. I wanna hone my skills against some seasoned players!

I fully agree, which means he'll probably be averaged to about mid-tier. Ganon's the kind of character that people who don't want to take risks will gravitate away from for more simpler characters, since Ganon relies completely on the player rather than any exploitable tricks and such. But he's also the kind of character that can be scary to see enter a tournament; a player that confidently puts their skills behind Ganondorf must know something. Nothing's scarier than a Ganondorf who's patient, and has full control of the match. A character that player dependent and mindgame dependent is hard to rank.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Just a heads up: in that last one you spelled your name wrong.

Edit: But I must say, I'm really enjoying how your Ganon is shaping up. He's really fun to watch.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I realized shortly after posting but I'm too lazy to fix it lol.

Also thanks, I've been training a bunch and I'm trying to incorporate creative ideas, improvised like that bike or planned like that srage teck to uair(Acid goes for them a lot.).

I have two last ones here:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lqvmtVEVpgs vs. FG Samus

An older game with Acid that was super close and intense
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aXP9ZQmS5yQ

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I hear that! A big part of learning creativity is finding what is not viable, and finding out the hard way.
https://m.youtube.com/user/AcidtoneX58

I meant him actually, he doesn't have to worry about sding much in friendlies so he chases very far, as did I actually, so neither sding is good. He rarely sds though, but the few times he did were my only chances for awhile.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Ah I see what you're saying. Better to earn those deaths than to have them given to you. Then again, baiting faulty edge guarding and capitalizing on your opponent's mistakes is a viable form of mindgame.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Ah I see what you're saying. Better to earn those deaths than to have them given to you. Then again, baiting faulty edge guarding and capitalizing on your opponent's mistakes is a viable form of mindgame.
I don't really consider those sds tbh, and I like to chase them for the kill lol.

Top Bottom