• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
@ N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 , Okay but I couldn't really start finding you until 5am my time so I think it would be 2 over there? It's always easiest to get you around then, that's why. Maybe I'll play some with Twi before that... IF SHE'D ANSWER ME! And you never played PM? It's alright I guess. I think I'm more better on there than actual Brawl.

@Hyper, It could happen ;)
JK xD

Edit: Ggs to a red Snake who I fought a few minutes ago. He was quite a challenge for me! There was also a very annoying neutral Wario/Ike who kept getting in the way. He eventually left and was replaced by neutral IC's. The last person was just some random blue or neutral Wolf spectating who later changed to classic/80's Toon. Items got in the way though :/

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Im gonna get on in like 10 minutes. The better people probably get on at night mostly.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I did, but i'll come back :D

I know he sucks, pichu is better than him, however if you space well you can do combos that would own your opponents. But if you get hit your dead. That's why kirby sucked so bad in melee because he had no priority and his grab game is total garbage. that said, if you can find in opening you can actually take some stocks off.

But with melee kirby your gonna have to play REALLY safe and not flashy at all.... which is why I was disappointed in melee, that kirby had to work so hard to get a stock. But in PM you can be as flashy with kirby as you can be, I love it.

I will thanks, wish me luck I wanna make some people humble :p

Oh and have fun with your BB drama xD
You're so smart with Kirby! If I wasn't so aggro and fast, you'd wreck me in a heart beat. =O When I'm slow I really suck and I depend on mobility in-order to do stuff. =O

Actually, Kirby Melee was very flashy. I would practice some obscene tricks and combos with Kirby in Melee. If Melee had WiFi, I'd make people want to play Melee Kirby. X)

@ Wis, okay, I got you, I'm going to sleep earlier... got some really important things to do. =O

@ Tic Tac, Is this your Red Peach? I'm the Tan Ike. =O

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
He he! X) Okay!

@ Wis, don't type that! D: The others will get bored... eventually... My Ike tech skill is entertaining them... xD But they will leave very soon.
I'm with Twi now xD And if you have to leave soon it would be before the time that I could easily find you. Tomorrow's probably better.

TickledPeachy

Smash Ace
He he! X) Okay!

@ Wis, don't type that! D: The others will get bored... eventually... My Ike tech skill is entertaining them... xD But they will leave very soon.

Edit: Tac... lets do footstool combos! :D!
Aw, he left. :I

TickledPeachy

Smash Ace
I know... :(

Footstool combos Tic.. xD I'm about to go soon... something really important is tomorrow... but I just found you! D:

Edit:... OMG! I couldn't even grab that Bomb bomb laying on the ground... <.< Sorry... :(
Ah, okay. Don't worry I'm sure we'll be finding eachother a lot.

Ouch, ran into that one... xD

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Ah, okay. Don't worry I'm sure we'll be finding eachother a lot.

Ouch, ran into that one... xD
Last one Buddy... I really hate this.. <.<!!!!!

Lets make it count! =O

Edit... Alright, no more footstool combos... lg to gay right now. I'll just be Ike this time and do stuff.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Yeah. Maybe I'll run into you and Wis, if I'm lucky. ~
Buit... Why did you leave anyway? I just want to know so that doesn't happen again the next time we find each other on Basic Brawl.

I always like to make everyone enjoy themselves in my room. Like do cool tricks and mess around. ROFL, LMBO and so on. xD

Well, goodnight-all~

Bluekandy

Smash Journeyman
Ah you guys lol of course Peach's float cancel is useful. I was just pointing it out and "wavedashes" aren't really in Brawl. They're just double jump cancels, not airdodges into the ground

Kimidori

Smash Apprentice
To the general conversation about Peach (I sub her), I think you guys are misinterpreting the term "float cancel". A float cancel is in melee when Peach has little to no landing lag after an aerial that she begins in her float. However, the mechanic does not apply in Brawl. What applies in brawl that I think you are referring to is Peach's "float dash" which I use a lot. When Peach dashes and floats immediately when she leaves the ground, she gets horizontal momentum and can do an aerial. By doing this without using an aerial and dropping your float to let yourself hit the ground, you can do many at a time, and this is called float dashing. Peach's float dashing is a useful technique because, if you do it correctly (fast enough), you can mind game and bait an opponent, and floating into an aerial (whether dashing first or not) is useful for punishes and reads because it gives Peach 4 more options, and each one is quite strong. Peach doesn't have a double jump that gives her downwards momentum in Brawl (she does in PM and Melee), so there's no double jump cancel aside from her float's ability to stop vertical momentum. It's basically a pseudo wavedash but with no backwards momentum, and it has aerial options.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Actually, Kirby Melee was very flashy. I would practice some obscene tricks and combos with Kirby in Melee. If Melee had WiFi, I'd make people want to play Melee Kirby. X)
Im interested in what you were doing with Melee Kirby for PM purposes. I already speculated everything technical I could possibly be doing with Kirby like wavelanding, sheild dropping, edge-cancels, b-reversals, etc. Kirby can even *footstool > rock > footstool* x4 on some characters. What kind of combos did you come up with..

Also, is the BB wifi like f**kin bad right now? I went on yesterday and the lag was horrible.

Last edited:

Kimidori

Smash Apprentice
Oh forgot to add @ N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 , Zan doesn't do Basic Brawl unless we are both doing it (which is rare), Wafty doesn't Basic Brawl, and Kylegas... Well I don't know him so I can't say for sure. I've often seen Wario users on Basic Brawl who can bike loop as well, so it's not that uncommon really.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Extremely Good Games to this Dark Sonic/White Kirby. He fought my Red Ike,Ness,Donkey Kong, and Marth. This guy is really technical and reminds me of Gohan a little. He did jablocks with sonic earlier against a CPU. Really fun 1v1's!

also thanks to the Blue Zelda and Blue Goggles Pika for letting us have our matches. You guys are awesome. Though I think one of you forgot to take off items that were getting in our way during our 1v1's lol

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Extremely Good Games to this Dark Sonic/White Kirby. He fought my Red Ike,Ness,Donkey Kong, and Marth. This guy is really technical and reminds me of Gohan a little. He did jablocks with sonic earlier against a CPU. Really fun 1v1's!

also thanks to the Blue Zelda and Blue Goggles Pika for letting us have our matches. You guys are awesome. Though I think one of you forgot to take off items that were getting in our way during our 1v1's lol
I think im in a room with that guy right now lol.

TickledPeachy

Smash Ace
Buit... Why did you leave anyway? I just want to know so that doesn't happen again the next time we find each other on Basic Brawl.

I always like to make everyone enjoy themselves in my room. Like do cool tricks and mess around. ROFL, LMBO and so on. xD

Well, goodnight-all~
Ah, yeah sorry about that. I left because someone wanted to play a couple matches with me. Thought it would have been a good time to leave anyways, since you had that important thing today. And no worries, I did have fun, even when I was just spectating.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
You're so smart with Kirby! If I wasn't so aggro and fast, you'd wreck me in a heart beat. =O When I'm slow I really suck and I depend on mobility in-order to do stuff. =O

True, if you didn't recover quickly from a mistake that would probably happen, though if you do leave yourself open, your quick to fix it. Like you would do a frame 1 jab to prevent me from doing anything then you go back to those wavebouncing fairs and reverse dacus u-smashes. :p But yeah thanks I guess. I wish melee had wi-fi too.

Maybe we'll go at it again one day, since we only brawled once xD oh and the same goes for that winking guy too (aka metalbro)

Melee kirby can be, but in a real match it's hard to pull off lol, because no priority..... PM kirby you can pull stuff off though.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
GGs to a purple TL who also went a few other characters like CF and Ike. That TL was pretty technical, reminded me of GYK's TL.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Bairs make me hard.

Y no one in TB xD

$ indicates new player

P1 (me)
Marth 1
MK 1

Even posed as a bat for u Sammie ;-)

P2
Peach
$...

P3
Ike

P4
Yoshi
$...

Laggy as ****

But I love being the Marth peach combo...especially if she's a taunter

"Is there no one else?!"

"NooooooooOoooo!"

Bye evry one short tonight maybe basic has something...

<.<

P1 (me)
Marth 1
MK 1

P2
TL
$taunter

Saving good matches in case I ever get my u toob working

P3
Samus 2

P4
Taunter 1

Bah I hate taunt parties so early on... going back to tb

Wow good room

Me
MK 4
Marth 2
Snake 2
Ike 1

P2
Peach 6
$TL
Dorf
Marth 1

P3
CF 2
Wolf 1
Fox 3
Mario 1
Falco
Pit 1
Squirtle 1
Marth 2
Luigi 1
GW 1
MK

P4
Link 4
Falco 1

Aaaand taunt party. G2g ggs room p3 and 4 especially

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Im interested in what you were doing with Melee Kirby for PM purposes. I already speculated everything technical I could possibly be doing with Kirby like wavelanding, sheild dropping, edge-cancels, b-reversals, etc. Kirby can even *footstool > rock > footstool* x4 on some characters. What kind of combos did you come up with..

Also, is the BB wifi like f**kin bad right now? I went on yesterday and the lag was horrible.
Creativity bro, how? Well, lets type that I'm versing a Samus (love to fight Melee Samuses), so the match begins, I already know he's going to jump and throws missiles and stuff (so I'll do a Up air, then a neutral air (which is Kirby's 360degree Hammer swings, and then a swallow; I could spit him out and start a back air wall, I could swallow Samus's ability and as well tag on some more damage with Up airs and so on, I could even wait for my opponent to fight out of Kirby's Swallow and read his attack and Shield grab him and so on. I could even re-swallow him and go for a Kirby-cide (and of course Kirby gets his jumps back... not like Brawl... -_-).

So yes, that's basically how I think. Edge-guards and all that take too much thinking and I don't really play Kirby that much onMelee... I do but practice on CPUs... -_-, and Practice my tech-skill (which is my pride and joy in Melee). I'm starting to learn Young Link now (Jash and Axe too good!) I played Jash through in Aib. He's really fun to Brawl with. Anyway you get my story.. xD My Link is way more technical and better than my Toon-Link. I wont really put in any work with Toonlink, I just transfer everything from Link to Toonlink. =O

@ Tic Tac, all good, have fun with your boyfriend) =O Glad you had some fun with my Ike and some Link at the very end. You wont find Ikes like mine. It's too easy to spot me. And I hope you had a fun time with you know... X)

@
Kimidori, yes, makes sense... I still think it doesn't work that well (unless you have to jump a little and then throw out a fair, nair, bair, dair and so on). So It wasn't dat Zan huh? Hm, well this Toonlink was green and knew how to do stuff with him. Man Basic brawl... and I know it's Kyle then, I always see a Red Wario, Yellow Wario, or Blue Wario. You also configured that Wafty doesn't Basic Brawl... yes, It's Mr.Kylegas~

@ Zero the guy with a pie in his hand, he he! X) Mobility is what keeps me alive, I know how to camp, but players with a better camping experience will do better than me. Flashiness is another thing that really helps my game-play. I just know how to apply into flashiness into my game-play (not just style points but inside game-play experience). That Kirby though! =O

WiFi has been so bad lately.... 2014 WiFi lag will die~

@ Everyone, I'm on right now, It's either Tan Ike, White Link or Purple Toonlink (maybe some Red Donkey Kong and Dark Brown Bowser).

@ Wis, Hi! =D

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
I don't know how to Bike Loop. D:
.....Because I prefer learning ATs that have a purpose. And I'm too busy punishing scrubby approaches with my mouth. :troll:

Top Bottom