• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

ninjaalex

Smash Apprentice
when you're against the same character as yours on basic brawl, do you find it easier or harder, on average? For me, it always seems more difficult for some reason.

I like these kinds of questions. For MK, it's f tilt, nado, u air, and baits. Wifi mega buffs MK imo so it's so lol.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
OK white Snake on Wifi. The other two in the group were ******** scrubs. He spammed spotdodge way too much, and occasionally would get desperate and Utilt or Ftilt nonstop. I used white and blue Wolf/white MK. He knew his techs and had average reading skill.

kaazers

Smash Master
GG's to P2 Neutral ROB/ Blue Kirby/ Blue Peach! I had fun. We started off fighting because it was just him and my White Snake on Final Destination with a couple of CPUs. Actually, it was just us for quite a few rounds. Eventually though, a quiet P3 Green/Black Fox spectated our matches until an annoying Black Falco got in the way. We all tried to drive him out, but he wouldn't leave. At that point it was getting late so I had to go. Our matches were more or less even with him doing better in the first few and me doing a bit better in the last few.

Other notes:

• Matches were on Final Destination or Battlefield.
  • His psychic Blue Kirby forced me to be less predictable. Especially on Battlefield. A lesson learned the hard way, lol. So thanks for that.
  • At the end of one match we just jabbed each other in the last few seconds for the lulz. We became friendlier after that.
  • Items were shoved off or thrown. Both of us were good about that.

Also, I saw an Ike who could do a ledgehopped Nair on Basic Brawl for the first time yesterday and today. Same guy, too. Never got a chance to fight him though. Hah, maybe it's for the best -- I can barely ledgehop a Fair.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Met a good Black and White ICs today, though i never got to fight them. I was spectating them fight of a Red Snake and a White Link/White Peach. He eventually left. I was Red Marth.

kaazers

Smash Master
Quick GG's to a Red Snake I friendly'd with my Green Ike. We fought on Final Destination every round (except once on Smashviile) with a spectating Blue Lucario and a Neutral Toon Link who was AFK for the most part. There was lag and it ruined it a bit, but it was fun. He didn't know how to DACUS, or do anything fancy for that matter, but he definitely wasn't new to the game. Haha, I've had an easier time fighting some of those Snakes than him(though I'm bad at fighting Snakes in general).

Matches were even, though it's a bit hard to say since we gave back points after each KO. We each got a KO every round. I had to go feed my ferret after a couple of rounds, so I let everything load by itself but he'd run off by then. I was just thinking of Snake dittoes, too. Waaaiii u leave?

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
GGs to the Green :mario2:/:link2:/:sheilda:/:popo:/:yoshi2:/:fox:/:pt:/:lucario:/:falcon:. Sorry if my black :falcon: was abit scrubby,but I don't use him much.I would've stayed,but I had to eat + Someone was interfering with my connection.
Also GGs to the blue :samus2: as well.It's unfortunate we didn't get to fight much thanks to the FSmash-happy scrub that was being an *** before the guy mentioned above came in.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Found a group with a scrub black Zelda/neutral Peach, pacifist dark Wolf/blue? ROB and average neutral Yoshi/PT/Fox/green Snake. I was neutral ICs/neutral Falco/green Snake. There was an annoying slight but consistent lag that ****ed up most of my inputs. The *****y Peach got all pissed when I accidentally hit her with an ice block so the ****** Yoshi immediately started butt****ing her, teabagging and acting all sorry. I trolled Yoshi hard with ICs and I LOLd because Peach wanted to **** me up but I just kept jumping around the stage and sending around occasional ice blocks/desynched blizzards. They both came after my Falco but I mega-gayed them and I just scraped by with a kill on Fox in SD. The third match the lag ****ed my Snake up the most and I started really getting pissed. Next match I went Giga Bowser, and went after them, including the soft-hearted pacifist. I got DCd moments later.

Teamers piss me off more than bad players, lag, items, or any other bull**** Wifi has to offer. It just shows your too goddamn weak to beat someone yourself and want to suck *** to some other ********** like a dirty ********ing *****. If people try to play gay, I will automatically do everything in my power to be more gay.

I don't know why, but I have a strange impulse to play WA Wifi despite the fact I know I'll get pissed off. I guess the hope of some good player who doesn't pull bull**** the entire match will appear, as it occasionally does. Hope is the word when it comes to BB/TB.

/endrant

Wiiboy4ever

Smash Rookie
Sorry for going off topic but I just noticed something.

I am so glad wavedashing wasn't in brawl cause whenever I'd go online I would get SOOOOO MUUCHH buttraep from all that wavesmashing crap it wouldn't make sense. XD

kaazers

Smash Master
I've had only one good one-on-one today and he also left when I didn't instantly load up everything after our last match…

GG's all the same to P4 Neutral… Wario/ Jigglypuff/ Dedede who I fought with my Blue Ike. He was a troll who kept on running his bike through me, an ICs and a Random. And every time he did that or trolled he would do his butt-shake taunt. I LOL'd. Anyway, he looked like he knew what he was doing so I decided to fight back. After all, only players who know their stuff go out and troll as Wario. Either that or I keep on running into the same one.

He got me good.

It seemed like each time I ran in to attack him, he had his jaws wide open! I got chewed on a lot. In my defense I can count on one hand the number of somewhat competent Warios I've fought. I really want to fight more.

After two rounds of this I think he felt sorry for me and switched to Jigglypuff, lol. I won that round. Then he went Dedede and I surprisingly won both fights there, too. I can also count on one hand the number of times I've fought somewhat competent Dededes. I was just going by one of my favorite matches where Ryo fights one. >>

Next time I'll load instantly.

EDIT:

Shoutouts to my buddies P2 White Marth/ Pink MK and P4 Green Snake/ Green Ganondorf on Temple. My Neutral Snake and P4 just spent the whole time cypher C4 teching on the right and left side of Temple. Then when P2 came we both teched my C4's in the bottom center-left of Temple. Basically, we all showed off cool tricks and techs. LOL P4 and I really bonded the few times I managed to hurl the dumb Toon Link CPU right into the Nikita missiles he shot. You guys were awesome.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
So far being in Japan and the times I've been on Basic Brawl I can actually count the number of times the Temple stage has been selected. Final Destination is pretty much the only picked stage and very seldom will Battlefield be chosen. Hardly any taunt parties and everyone playing the free for all matches very competitively.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Sorry for going off topic but I just noticed something.

I am so glad wavedashing wasn't in brawl cause whenever I'd go online I would get SOOOOO MUUCHH buttraep from all that wavesmashing crap it wouldn't make sense. XD
I've got to say, some people in this subforum have mastered the art of making ****ty posts. Besides the massive difference between wavedashing/smashing, (both of which you referenced) are not some broken tactics that allows you to haul *** on everything in your path. Washsmashing is basically the older brother of the true pivot smash, and just allowed you to smash in the opposite direction you're facing, without a turnaround animation like in Brawl. Wavedashing was a spacing tool that could work both offensively and defensively, but was just a small-moderate (in most cases) boost across part of a stage. Too many Barwl players know so little about the predecessor (superior) of the game they play.

Also, dope.

Edit: was in a group with hacking, ****ty green MK/****ty taunter Ness/****ty Fusion suit Samus. We got on the HRC stage and MK tried to attack me and butt****ed the taunter. I wrecked all of them with green Ike for a while, and through SD, and I eventually DCd the group since it would last forever.

Edit:4-28-12: Had a nice FFA with a Christmas Lucas/random Kirbys, blue Ness/Weegee, and random scrub. I was green randoms who used a lot of Falcon. I generally did awful since I tried to land bull**** combos on people, but I did better than I usually did in serious FFAs. Items were used by everyone, but I didn't mind too much. Nobody chose gay stages. I had fun with you guys.

kaazers

Smash Master
Lately, I've noticed something really weird that sometimes happens during FFAs. After a good 5-10+ rounds, all of a sudden, while we're in the middle of a heated match, everyone starts acting weird. They'll attack air, move in odd ways and then start jumping offstage or dying really stupid deaths. I'm especially confused because everyone seems normal during the first half of the match (eg. P3 hates my guts and is only focused on attacking me). I can't tell if they're trolling or if it's something else.

I always made the mistake of leaving at the end of that very round, but this time I stayed. Everyone seemed normal. Then halfway through they started acting weird again for a couple of seconds before we got DC'd mid match.

… Anyone have any idea what it could be?

ninjaalex

Smash Apprentice
Lately, I've noticed something really weird that sometimes happens during FFAs. After a good 5-10+ rounds, all of a sudden, while we're in the middle of a heated match, everyone starts acting weird. They'll attack air, move in odd ways and then start jumping offstage or dying really stupid deaths. I'm especially confused because everyone seems normal during the first half of the match (eg. P3 hates my guts and is only focused on attacking me). I can't tell if they're trolling or if it's something else.

I always made the mistake of leaving at the end of that very round, but this time I stayed. Everyone seemed normal. Then halfway through they started acting weird again for a couple of seconds before we got DC'd mid match.

They're clearly master trolls.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord

This happens to me sometimes. Everytime it happens after I get the DC it dcs me off of wifi and I'm back at the main menu of brawl and I have to reconnect. As to what causes it, I'm not to sure. I think its just part of nintendo's server ****ing up.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Had lots of FFA action this morning. Came into a room where everyone was fighting everyone, then when I came in, I showed them the way of the falcon and showed no mercy. I won 5+ matches straight with Falcon, then switched characters and the cycle repeated itself. Eventually a couple people left after they couldn't handle me constantly winning, but with those new people came super gay items/stages... I couldn't handle the sheer amounts of stupid in there which was why I lost a couple rounds. I had too many matches, and they used too many different characters for me to try to remember who used what. Everyone eventually got swapped out for someone else, until it ended up just one person who was fighting me. He still had a grudge against me, so I kept fighting, but the other two started fighting him too, and I just kept going with it just to troll him.

Though I do remember when I was paying Falcon, there was this white fox who was decent, but he and I ended up in SD together, and we just told each other to come at me, until bombs hit us one after the other. It was a fun ending to a match full of **** :awesome:

Also last night, I was in a taunt party room, and all of a sudden, one of the players just randomly started to fight me, well a few matches later he had some losses on his head after I beat him. The last match he stayed in for, he was a Ganon and didn't even bother fighting me, but instead attacked the other two. Once he had a +2 on this Pit, I snuck in with my Squirtle, and gave him a U-smash to get us into SD. Well he started off with his Wizard Foot, and I just went under him with my Side-B, we stared a each other for a second then he started to walk towards me, so I did a forward hydroplane U-smash to kill him. :awesome:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
76% to 176% explosion

I haven't been on much in a while. However I did have one hilarious Team Battle 15 minutes ago. My Sonic opponent was at 76% damage and just activated a party ball. I threw a rolling white barrel his way, right as a bunch of bob-ombs came out. He went from 76% to 176%, causing instant death. Even his partner taunted that one. LOL.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Met a good green DK today, At first we fought off a troll falco then when the falco left we started 1v1 each other. I won most matches but he/she put up a good fight. He/She left though.

kaazers

Smash Master
I honestly thought they were master trolls -- probably longer than I should have.

Anyway, Nintendo's servers really aren't the best I've experienced so that really is a possibility. I didn't get booted off WiFi completely after the DC this time. I got another room with the same Brown Mario from before and an AFK player. The Mario grabbed air about 5 times, left and right, bowed once and then we got DC'd again. LOL I don't know. At least I'm not the only one experiencing this weird phenomenon.

I've died from the party ball + bomb-omb combo. A few times. It's funnier when it happens to someone else, lol.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
ggs to a leopard snake and a brown samus earlier.

me and the samus were originally the ones fighting, while a noob was getting buttraped hard by the snake.

after the stage big blue was selected and a new passive zelda joined everyone kinda just quit being serious, the samus from then on out stopped facing me, and me and the snake went at it in 1v1s.

the snake new what he was doing which is rare in basic brawl... anyway i was the guy constantly picking random.

the last match i was fortunate enough to cypher grab you, I knew you knew it was kinda a little too late then as you didn't touch a single button in hopes that the clock would run out first, or your c4 on stage would explode first and you could pull another out to restore your recovery, unfortunately neither happened :p

GGs.

that one match as my yellow GW....

>.>; wtf happened there i lost all momentum i had right near the end....

kaazers

Smash Master
Hey, that was me! I was the Leopard Print Snake! I was just thinking of writing up a bit about these fights. Sorry I couldn't give you a better fight -- it was 5 in the morning and I was really drained by then. No, excuses, I doubt it would've made a difference either way with how well you played. I'm not so good at FFAs, as you might have noticed from all the PAAAWNNCHs I ate the first time I entered the group when you and P3 were Captain Falcon. It's an honorable death, at least. And it was fun. xD

I didn't know Toon Link's Utilt -- actually, a lot of Utilts -- were so deadly at earlier percentages. Given how heavy Snake is, it makes sense. No one's done that to me before (excluding Marios and Lucarios). Sadly, as far as fighting someone who knows what they are doing, out of your characters, Snake was the only one I was actually familiar with. I feel like I might have learned a little fighting your other characters.

Anyway, great games. Recently I've been trying to make a point of saving replays of any 1-on-1s with good players/players better than me since I was considering posting some videos. Since ours started off as a FFA, it never crossed my mind to save any even after we did 1-on-1s. >>

I relaxed a bit and tried to get my act together after that. I readied myself for the next player, and a Fox replaced your spot. Creepily enough he pretty much played all the characters you played and in a similar style, too (although a little trollier). Was it your or was it some divine luck that another similarly good player filled your slot right after you left?

I honestly don't even remember what happened in the Yellow G&W match so it's all good. xD

GG's. I really hope I bump into you again. I'll hopefully put up a better fight.

Second time being mentioned!

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Im in a 1v1 against a decent Black Marth/Random/Green Metaknight. It feels like i fought this guy before... eh whatever. He beat me most of the times, but we're practically even. Hope to see him on more often.

ninjaalex

Smash Apprentice
Btw guys, I start with a Green/passive character which is either snake/IC/Diddy/Oli most of the time now in BB, since I know most of them are underused (Except Snake) so I figured I'd use them and mess around in BB.

kaazers

Smash Master
Had 3 or so rounds with a good Green MK on Final Destination with my Leopard Print Snake. I thought we were being good about items, but he started throwing stuff at me on the last round. Also, an annoying Sonic was fighting us as well. Items, an interfering Sonic, plus an MK who likes hanging on ledges? I'm out, lol. GGs though.

There was a Fox/Pit who just watched on the sidelines. He seemed amused.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
i was green yoshi vs neutral lucario on smashville at 12:00AM (midnight)
there would often be cpus and hed stand on the side of the stage and avoid them, watching me battle them.
when we finally got some 1v1's happening, the first match hed spam his aura spheres throughout the whole game and i was cancelling them with my standard A moves. guess he thought of it like a game or something :p
He really knows what hes doing though, cause whenever i went to fight him he did well, in shielding dodging and attacking :)

Oh, and im still looking for a white link/white ice climbers/yellow yoshi user and a red fox/red yoshi user! :p
The white link user seems to love skyworld as he kept picking it, though hed sometimes pick hyrule temple too. I NEED to find you guys :p

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Oh, how I never get enough of your sarcasm, Blaze.

Anyway, I haven't met many good people. I've been meeting people that were so...bad, that I felt my skills becoming lower. I've met about only ten good people in the two weeks I've started playing again. Ah, Brawl, you never fail to disappoint me...

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
The last good players I've seen were the Lucas and Ness a few days ago, and I think both of them held some lasting contempt for me after going Marth.

...Until I went Falcon. Neither of them were great at Marth in general, but the Falcon matches were fairly even.

I always laugh my *** off when a Lucas or Ness sees a Marth. You can just sense the fear in their eyes.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
INSANE 142% star KO in first 8 seconds!

Yesterday, I just had one of the craziest team KOs ever! On PictoChat, my Ike partner started out hitting this ROB opponent with Counter and a charge attack to 25% damage in the first 3 seconds. Then simultaneously, my DK f.air'd and Ike charged a forward smash at the same time, taking ROB to 82% right into the stage's newly formed floating spike. This instantly damaged him (twice!) to 122% then 142%, which star KO'd ROB. Did I mention that star KO completed in less than 8 seconds? Man, I am glad I saved that one! My partner was awarded the KO (and rightfully so!) and I couldn't help but taunt after that one. This truly made my day. :-)

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I'm always very aware of Lucas' and Ness' match ups. I'm not too weary whenever I see a Marth. May they be good or bad, I still don't care. It's when I start seeing them try to grab me. Most of the time, I don't see many who know the grabbing thing with them. I've met about two who knew, but usually mess up. Marths give me a good opportunity to practice me match up with them.

How good is your Marth anyway, Blaze?

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
In the Ness/Lucas MU? Good as long as I don't fall to the urge to only use grabs.

Which happens fairly often.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Marths normally grab a lot because most Lucas and Ness players, not including myself really, use moves that leave them open for quite a bit: Lucas' Dsmash, Usmash, PK freeze, PK thunder, failed short hop PK fire, and his grab. Ness doesn't have many, but Fsmash, PK flash, Pk thunder, failed short hop Pk fire, and both of their PKT2. So, they expect grabs to work. Surely enough, you're not dumb like most are...

But, not many people know how to punish grab spammers, so it normally turns out bad for us anyway...

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
The solution to grab spam is always dodge roll spam :troll:

Also, I ran into a good black and red Samus/ZSS/Zelda/Sheik. I was green randoms. We mostly punished a campy noob for our matches. At one point, I accidentally Utilted him/her with Snake, and **** went down. Today hasn't been my day and no matter what the MU says I'm not about to fight a campy, pissed off Samus. Anyway, you played her very well.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
That doesn't make him good. I've played mediocre players that could land attacks and not use the same one over and over. That's called mixups/B] and spacing at the very base level.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
That doesn't make him good. I've played mediocre players that could land attacks and not use the same one over and over. That's called mixups/B] and spacing at the very base level.

Alright, so how would you seperate a good player from a decent one? im not trying to pick a fight dude, but fine, ill shut up cause im a noob. have a nice day.

Top Bottom