• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

XstrawberrygoddessX

Smash Apprentice
Okay just left a group with a really good ike. We did a few ditto matches and he/she taught me some things about spiking that I didn't know about. Ggs to you I was a gold ike and you were default. I also managed to DI out of a combo he/she tried to initiate. In another group I spent like four matches before they DC'd using a few mind game tricks...well I tried to anyway, on a very poor Zelda/Kirby. They RQ'd after the 4th. I didn't even need to try and DI out of the attacks, they were very poorly timed. But hey weren't we all there once in our lives? Just starting to get the hang of the game?

:phone:

ninjaalex

Smash Apprentice
Again, I play green MK/Snake for the most part, it's actually important you say what color character you were playing or were facing.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Just met a black Zelda who was equal to me, a few fun matches ensued. I never seen a zelda that good in a longgg time.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I've been having lots of fun trolling with my brown Ganondorf lately. A few days ago I went up against this neutral Kirby who was better then most kirby's you find on BB, but I'm being generous since he still got smashed my by Ganon. I was giving him Thunderstomps and Warlock Punches at least everymatch. One of my most merorable kills was grabbing him with the Flame Choke in mid air, landing on a platform, then jumping in the air to avoid his getup attack, then thunderstomping him for a kill. He was fun to fight against, but I think I had to leave due to work.

I love suiciding with Ganon since people never seem to see it coming. :)

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I'm wary of any Ganon that I might see, sense most do try to suicide with me. I see them coming most of the time. Half of the time, I fall for it like an idiot, then the other half, I actually have enough sense to dodge it...

Not too many good people to brag about today. Maybe my luck will change tomorrow like it usually does. I've been seeing more less skilled players and idiots than I can count.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Had some random fights with people and there wasn't anyone in particular I had fun with. Though has anyone else battled on a hacked stage where you fight on the Home-Run Contest stage? It's impossible to die, and you can end up in an endless pit of despair if you get sent off flying to the right or left too far. I was locked in combat with a Pikachu, trying to send each other into the pit for at least 20 mins. Once I was victorous, I taunted on main stage for a couple minutes, then killed myself by standing in the one spot that the bombs attack (under the left side of the platform) Then once I was falling, I left the room

Wiiboy4ever

Smash Rookie
I'm taunting with a skilled Red Marth, and I was at first Pink peach (oh the irony) then Pink Zelda then Pink Yoshi then Red Ike. We were fighting against two crashers, they got butthurt and left after we beat them, the last played as Snake and another colored Ike. XD

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
ugh...

was trying to have some 1v1s with a fairly good marth, i was using random every match.

but the other two ******* couldn't take a hint that i was trying to fight the marth, and ONLY the marth, and kept ganging up on me.

last match i did before i just said "**** it, aint' worth it" was as a purple toon link.

i'm surprised i avoided getting grabbed at all the match i was dropped as ness, course i think the marth by that point in time knew i was using random, and I knew damn good and well he wasn't trying as hard as he could have to get me in a grab, but that whole match i was determined to do anything BUT get grabbed, even though i suck as ness more then any other character, and killed myself a lot cuz i couldn't get pk thunder 2 to hit, i was absolutely determined to not let him grab me, and I succeeded in that regard.

kaazers

Smash Master
Shout outs to a group I was in for quite a while. I don't know why I stayed with them as long as I did, but you kinda grow attached to the other players after a while.

P2 Snake/ Ness/ Wolf/ Lucas/ others [friend]
P3 Mario/ DK/ Snake/ Luigi/ others [troll]
P4 Pikachu/ ZSS/ others [friend]

I was White Snake.

I had been with the other two for a couple of rounds already when P3 came in as Mario. He started to mess with us with his cape for fun. I showed him the DK Box glitch, too. Anyway, he targeted me and would try to KO me in Sudden Death every time. P2 and P4 jumped in and it turned into a sudden death game: 3 of us vs. him. And he was pretty good, too. Pretty much won all SD rounds during the first half of our stay.

I only started to fight near the end when he, as Link, used his Final Smash on me during the last few seconds. I figured he wanted to fight me anyways since he obviously targeted me more than the others. I only got to fight his Luigi and Snake. Unfortunately, P2 interrupted. I eventually gave up and let them both duke it out.

P2, you seemed like you were the least skilled out of the 3 of us, but you held your own! You played mind games and they worked. Good games. Hah, now if only you two had stopped hurling items at each other…

P4, you mainly spectated. It was fun trying to grab your Pikachu after the Codec conversation on Shadow Moses. xD You also mostly got the KO's on P3 during SD.

P3, gg's, I guess. You looked like you knew what you were doing. I knew you were going to leave that final round since you started attacking all of us during the last 30 seconds, lol. Why didn't you stay long enough for us to get a chance to actually fight? I made a point not to interrupt, and threw items away whenever they popped up. Ah well.

x-x-x​
It's been the same for me these past few days. Fight a couple of people but find that none of the fights are all that fun or memorable. This one was one of the more memorable fights but even then it wasn't incredibly fun or anything.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Well I just got disconnected from the game now, but I was playing with a pretty cool (green) Falco player and at first we had some very good games against each other, then we decided to gang up on everyone else and got some nice combos in :D We went on a dash dance spree every now and then, and I play as a green fox and manage to shtl in unbearable lag xD
Edit: oh wait I think there is a big amount of luck when you find the person again and get to have more 1 on 1s :3
That may have been my Falco. I fought some good 1v1s with a Fox around that time frame.

This is pathetic. I stuck with a BB group for around an hour. Apparently, something happened between a fox player and a wolf player before i joined. I'm passive in BB, but if you attack be then your getting attacked back, so I decided to help the wolf and mario/samus player ainst the fox. It was item infested, but I never used any, it was pretty hilarious. xD. The fox player was....decent and knew somewhat how to DI, honostly though, he sucked, i used my not even pockets and owned. I used diddy/ice climbers/olimar/DK/bowser/ganon/snake/ness/ZSS/wolf. The last match made me lol, the fox player went to mario bors. and i ahppened to be wolf, and beta him at his own game. FoxBlaze, please don't tell me this was you.

EDIT: I also find it ironic nobody mentions when they lose and only loves sharing their stories about winning.
I never "lose" on Wifi. If I get some **********s that just throw items and circle camp I just go Falco and play as gay as possible. IAP, BDACUS, and SHDL are practically the only things I do. That or DC them. That wouldn't be my Fox. I would remember a player that could **** me (which I don't encounter often.) I also don't use the Mario brothers often.

Shout outs to good Daisy Peach I fought last Sunday. It was hard to focus because of the items and ******** Marth/Ike and Zelda taunters that thought I was hurting their friend, but I still mindgamed the **** out of you. I eventually went Pika and tore the taunters to pieces. I was the neutral Sonic/white Fox.

It seems like even though I've only taken a week long hiatus, this thread is scrub infested. Glad to see some of the old guard is hanging around.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I was playing as my red Marth until I Met a skilled Red falco who knew how to bdacus and buffer some moves. I forgot about the others but they turned out to be obnoxious and started attacking us, which ended bad for them. They eventually left after we teamed up on them. The red falco then became a Shiek and started to Dacus with her and then became a metaknight, at that point i left.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
If there's one thing I've learned to love doing; it's trolling people with Luigi. From non-stop Shoryukens, to getting his down taunt for a spike kill, Luigi is really fun to mess around with against noobs.

TheBlueFalcon

Smash Cadet
Captain's Log - 15th April, 2012

Team-assisting "spectators" in Basic Brawl are spared neither the Punch nor the Knee.

to the Green Falcon, who fought admirably against a good light blue Marth / blue Wolf / blue Ganondorf.

- TBF

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
got into a match with a red marth/tan ike and toon link and sonic.

if the other two idiots would of left me alone against the red marth i could of had some decent matches against him(marth/ike knew wtf they were doing, other two ******* didn't), but naturally being noobs they ganged up on me alone, and the red marth was more then happy to just go along with it.

so i did what any sensible player would do in that situation, went metaknight the next match and slaughtered all 3 of them trying to go after me at once. :troll:

then DC'd afterwards since theirs no point in going into matches where the people gang up on the decent player.

you want to get mad at anyone red marth, get mad at the ****** toon link and sonic who couldn't take a hint and leave me the **** alone.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Had some really really fun games right now.

I was

ICs/Homolimar(blue olimar)/D3(Pink)/Peach(only 1 game hard to control on wifi johns)/Wario(only on rainbow cruise)/Leopard Snake

At first a really good snake came in and we had some friendly matches. He kicked my arse hahaha XD. Then there was a yellow ike who really kicked my arse HAHAHA XD he left after I bull shetted him with ICs.

Then a pit came in and switched to snake when after I became snake and there was this one guy who just was attacking everyone and wasn't letting us do 1v1s anymore so we douchebagged him. The triple snake was facking hilarious. The one guy we were teaming on was snake a few times (I think he was red). Most of the time we were on FD. The person who played pit and switched to snake knew how to use snake to. We were mainly doing dthrow chases, which was funny as hell. I wasn't too great at it but kind of caught on. I don't really have the regrab too down. But ggs to the person who stayed snake like every match and thanks much to the person who used pit and then switched into snake and for participating in our dthrow chase. BTW when u stickied him with ur dspecial and I back throwed him and u set it off I almost died of laughter. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Really the only cg i was able to pull off with ICs was against this dude's olimar. Poor person didn't know he needed to pluck fukmin to do his ****ery. Also forgot to mention that there was an idoling ganon at first b4 the pit>snake guy came in.

Also before all this there was a person who used D3 who knew how to be a douche with him like me, both of us had much fun on Shadow Moses Island being douches and dthrow cging a peach and some other poor soul against the walls (both of those guys were just spamming smashes so we gotta do what we gotta do I guess XD). I was pink D3. This guy at first played ganondorf on battle field

kaazers

Smash Master
Wow.

I just came on here to mention some great fights and trolling I had with a P4 Olimar/ ICs/ Peach/ DDD/ Wario/ Snake. It was the most fun I have had in two weeks of shifting through Basic.

Good games! I was the White Snake who never switched. You were the one of the best players I'd encountered in the past few weeks on Basic. I had a ton of fun fighting you and your rare characters. Your Olimar and ICs were especially impressive. Best Olimar I've seen on Basic for sure… lol, I was clueless on how to handle him. You were chucking Pikmin one second, and the next I had 90%+ on me.

Kicked your arse? Nah. You seem more skilled than me, and I was just having a good day today. I think we can both agree that Gold Ike got us good, though. xD I only got one or two rounds with him before you Ice Climbers'd all over him and he left, but I thought I might go even and get Sudden Death with him.

And then he pulled out the Fsmash in the last 5 seconds.

He didn't use his moves like the typical good Ike main (pretty much sticking only to Fair, Uair, and the occasional Bair and Fsmash, if I recall correctly) but he knew how to land them.

Did he ever know how to land them. It was as if he could see the future. In any case, the Ike Fsmash mindgame bar was forever set too high so I never switched out to him, lol.

The Dthrow tech chases… It was awesome since Black Pit/ Blue Snake knew what he was doing, too. The Backthrow-C4 KO made the night. I wanted to save a replay of that for posterity, but I forgot to! I only remembered to save one where he got KO'd when I utilted him out of your grab/pummel and straight into the mortar shell you'd shot earlier. Our 3 box taunts were in unison.

Pit/ Snake: Glad to have had you onboard with us. You just made it all that much more fun.

Random: Despite all we were doing to you, you stayed with us 'til the end. For that you have my respect. Lol...Sorry for the trolling. I really don't know why you stayed for as long as you did, though.

Haha, I type too much. Again, GG's, it was really fun and I'm happy to have finally been mentioned.

x-x-x

Also, a quick GG's to a really good platform canceling Red Marth I fought on Smashville with my Neutral Ike. He first attacked the Yellow Kirby/ Blue Lucario/ Falco. I got to spectate some awesome matches right there. When he left, the Marth focused on me. My Ike got gimped so bad, haha. I held on okay, though. Too bad we got DC'd after 4 fights... It was a shame since he was really sharpening me up.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
lol yea I remember that ike fsmashing u at the very end of the 2:00 minutes. I was like DAYYYYYYYUM.

That little trickster got me on sudden death against my olimar with that dash attack. That ike was good. XDDDDDD

GGs.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
I had matches/taunt partys with a red yoshi user last night, (i used green yoshi) but had to get to bed as it was midnight :p when i started up basic brawl wifi this morning i found him again, so awesome XD

Hes a really great guy to face, team up, and have fun with :) i think ive seen him use red fox before too? So if youre out there dude, i wanna meet ya!C:

Also, just then i came across a very skilled red marth user who went on to use white link and yellow yoshi, later he went to green marth and tried to do some moves which im assuming were to try and exchange fcs judging from this topic: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=290358# (marths dancing blade)
:phone: unfortunately a fox user intervened and the marth user left :( (the lag didnt exactly help either >__> )
has anyone else played this guy?

kaazers

Smash Master
Yeah, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when he did that, lol. I hope the Gold Ike reveals himself -- the Pit, too.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
OMG... Basic the bess. Yeah the tan ike is me...

Yellow Yoshi with tech skill me.
Brown D3 with good moves me.
Brown tl that's quick. Me

But I fight this yellow ike or sometimes red, and sometimes he finds his girlfriend xD that's a gold zelda xD they always style on you if you come near them their doing... Stuff like press sheild button fast dash dance. I'd always mind my own business, but when I try to grab the newby I try to catch him back. Then the ike would attack me xD then I'd **** them both xD ha. Then after like 10matches or sometimes all night. D:C. There both really good, and that ike is quick man. I love brawling that ike<3

Also my boy Blue ganon<3 my lover on basic. I miss ya I think it's verm:3 I hope I'm right.
I'm the Red DK honey:3

TheBlueFalcon

Smash Cadet
The pinnacle of move-showing has been achieved. Double Falcon Punches cancelled out for 20 seconds continuously on Final Destination in Basic Brawl.

I salute my most worthy counterpart (alts White Ganondorf / Jigglypuff) for both this and the many further moves shown this day.

- TBF

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Yeah, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when he did that, lol. I hope the Gold Ike reveals himself -- the Pit, too.
GOD PIT IS ADM.PIT

GOD IKE hmm... I'm thinking SAN, because I've seen how he moves. The same. Although offline he uses way more jab. Lol duh wifi xD

kaazers

Smash Master
There would be a lot more Nairs, a couple of dashing shield, epic jab canceling and we both would have been 10-stocked each in the 2 minute allotted time even in wifi lag if it were San, lol.

GG's to a Red Mario/ Red Wario/ Dark Brown Samus/ Original Toon Link/ Green Ike from last night, though I only fought the last three. You seemed okay when we were taunt partying and then played so bad when you started attacking us that I knew you were sandbagging. So yeah, I was the Red Ike who started attacking you on Mushroom Kingdom after that. I was right, too -- you knew what you were doing.

Also, I apologize for not giving your points back… I don't like fighting like that since it ruins the momentum. I was actually annoyed when you started giving me my points back in the beginning since I prefer to get my own KOs. Haha. We got some real fights going after I refused to though.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
There would be a lot more Nairs, a couple of dashing shield, epic jab canceling and we both would have been 10-stocked each in the 2 minute allotted time even in wifi lag if it were San, lol.

GG's to a Red Mario/ Red Wario/ Dark Brown Samus/ Original Toon Link/ Green Ike from last night, though I only fought the last three. You seemed okay when we were taunt partying and then played so bad when you started attacking us that I knew you were sandbagging. So yeah, I was the Red Ike who started attacking you on Mushroom Kingdom after that. I was right, too -- you knew what you were doing.

Also, I apologize for not giving your points back… I don't like fighting like that since it ruins the momentum. I was actually annoyed when you started giving me my points back in the beginning since I prefer to get my own KOs. Haha. We got some real fights going after I refused to though.
Lol dude I'd doubt that xD either way if you see a Gold yoshi that's nuts, and quick. That's me:3
But, seriously it's San. Here's why. He uses a lot of nairs. He sometimes is red. Which I saw San vs bizkert. He was Red ike. I also heard from a tournament match. That wifi ike. Also Yoshi ***** ike if he came all agression. But you never see that do ya:3
San vs'd delta cod. Not once did I see San go agressive. He knows if he does then theirs gonna be grabs, and eggs in his booty.

kaazers

Smash Master
I might have exaggerated a bit, but you get my point, lol. This particular Gold Ike barely Nair'd at all, which isn't a big deal, but he didn't play like an Ike main in general. Everyone has their own style, but there is a similar way that a character gets played regardless. You never know though -- I could be wrong.

The best Ike I've encountered on Basic so far was a Red Ike, and I've seen him there a couple of times, too. Each time he would start off as a Red Zelda…until another Ike enters the room. At that point he goes into Ike assassin mode and annihilates the other Ike. I was served twice and spared once since I happened to be Snake that one time.

Hmm...I've noticed that all the good Yoshis on Basic are either yellow or cyan. I'll keep an eye out for a crazy and fast Yellow Yoshi. I really hate fighting them, though. lol

Also, GG's to a Red Ike on FD an hour ago. We only had two matches, but they were fun. I was the Neutral Ike you asked to fight. You left after we double SD'd because of Aether shenanigans. He played like a typical Ike main -- albeit one in training.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I might have exaggerated a bit, but you get my point, lol. This particular Gold Ike barely Nair'd at all, which isn't a big deal, but he didn't play like an Ike main in general. Everyone has their own style, but there is a similar way that a character gets played regardless. You never know though -- I could be wrong.

The best Ike I've encountered on Basic so far was a Red Ike, and I've seen him there a couple of times, too. Each time he would start off as a Red Zelda…until another Ike enters the room. At that point he goes into Ike assassin mode and annihilates the other Ike. I was served twice and spared once since I happened to be Snake that one time.

Hmm...I've noticed that all the good Yoshis on Basic are either yellow or cyan. I'll keep an eye out for a crazy and fast Yellow Yoshi. I really hate fighting them, though. lol

Also, GG's to a Red Ike on FD an hour ago. We only had two matches, but they were fun. I was the Neutral Ike you asked to fight. You left after we double SD'd because of Aether shenanigans. He played like a typical Ike main -- albeit one in training.
XD Yeah that's him lmo xD he is two colors.
Mostly red, and Gold

Sometimes he's normal color.

Yeah I know him, I'd always ike duel him, and he'd get styled on:3 when he see's a familar color. He starts counching xD cause he knows it's me xD

When he enters, and doesn't know anyone. He just stands at the edge, and when you'd attack him. You get styled on.

He's my pal:3 :o

Btw. He has a girlfriend xD a Gold zelda that's really techy. Also sometimes Black as well. She uses green zzs, red marth, and red peach. My pal uses black tl, red pit,(sometimes black pit) and blue link.

I also have another pal, but he's my lover<3 Blue ganon<3 my honey bear:3
Remember I'm always Red DK<3 where ever you are.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
^Your posts are the most annoying yet amusing things I've ever read.

Most pros would *****slap you for suggesting they play Basic Brawl.

Anyway, good red Snake/red and white Wolf I was with earlier as white Fox/Snake/Marth/Giga Bowser. I wish I could have fought you but a ****ty Kirby/Pika would just hit and run, throw items, and camp entire matches. I outplayed him but nothing I do would ( including going Giga Bowser ) would get him to leave. I eventually got DC'd...

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
^Your posts are the most annoying yet amusing things I've ever read.

Most pros would *****slap you for suggesting they play Basic Brawl.

Anyway, good red Snake/red and white Wolf I was with earlier as white Fox/Snake/Marth/Giga Bowser. I wish I could have fought you but a ****ty Kirby/Pika would just hit and run, throw items, and camp entire matches. I outplayed him but nothing I do would ( including going Giga Bowser ) would get him to leave. I eventually got DC'd...
FoxBlaze if I ever see u on basic brawl and I have the slightest idea that its u. Scratch that any fox, wolf, falco, or ike play on Basic Brawl ima troll yall so hard.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Today i fought a pathetic trolling TL, he kept camping and throwing bombs. So i decided to make it hell for that TL player. There was a friendly White Peach/Blue Zelda helping me too. I know chasing a camper is a horrible idea, but i cornered the little bugger under Hyrule Temple and completely massacred him with my Green Wolf. He then went Pikachu but then a friendly Green GnW/Blue TL joined us too. We kept thrashing it but that revolting rat was unbelievably persistent. Why would someone stay online to get owned? Fail troll is fail.

kaazers

Smash Master
Hmmm...I'm on Sky Pillar again with an Olimar... I instantly felt deja vu. When you whipped out the ICs and the Peach I knew. Sorry I left. There was lag and the Pink MK wouldn't let me fight you. Plus, everyone's using the internet right now so I thought I might have been the cause of it, too. lol

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
XD. Yea I pick Sky pillar when I pick olimar so I can be more of a f*g. XD

yea I just finished trolling that pink mk so bad with ICs XDDDDDDDDDDDD. He rage quit.

But that pink MK trolled my peach so hard HAHAHA I didn't even feel like trying.

kaazers

Smash Master
Also, I would say GG's, but between the lag, "my" MK and "your" Fox getting in the way… yeah. xD

LOL You made him ragequit? I should have stayed one more round. Yeah, it was all just a big trollfest.

Hope you run into you again sometime (though not on Sky Pillar).

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
lol sorry kaazers. Yea that lag sucked. Hope to see you again too. Although, u might not want to see me when I'm trolling. Its rare that I actually get on BB to look for a good match, I really only get on to troll.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
FoxBlaze if I ever see u on basic brawl and I have the slightest idea that its u. Scratch that any fox, wolf, falco, or ike play on Basic Brawl ima troll yall so hard.
I don't use Ike and rarely use Wolf.

You're just lucky the Ice Grabbers are a ****ty MU for both of my mains.

BUT,I will outtroll you. The perfect troll is discreet. And when I see a red blue Ice Grabbers/red Olitard/Peach, I will throw you into a showy CG combo the moment the match's gravity favors me. :troll::troll::troll:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
So, question~
How many of you guys fight alongside crashers? I don't care who throws the first strike or who its against. If people start ganging up on one dude I go against. Kinda becomes like teams that way. =p

Top Bottom