• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Met yet another PT who would have blown my Pokemon out of the stage, if we would have fought. They knew a couple more techs with Squirtle then I know, and I know quite a few. We really just started to do Squirtle's little pivot shell thing back and forth while this douchey Pit/Zelda/Peach was fighting the Link. The reason I call them a ***** is because they kept trying to troll us by grabbing and attacking us while we were minding our own business, I would have unleashed my Squirtle on them, but he was more concerned with having fun with his other ninja turtle friend. After a couple matches, the Link went PT with us, and one match we all had gone PT, but the ***** still did the same trollling moves. Except when he fell to his own death, we just watched and taunted.

It was interesting how a couple times, me and the other good PT as we were screwing around with the pivot thing, we would both trip up around the same time, or we would both just stand up randomly. I really would have liked to kick that stupid Pit players *** but before he made me aggro enough, the room got DQ. I wish I could run into that neutral Pt again, I was the Blue PT who also always started out with Squirtle.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Found a good goggles Pika that knew how to QAC and CG. I played blue Diddy and together we took out a noob Pit even though we didn't make the best team. Next match I went neutral Pika but there was a noob Sonic that replaced the Pit, and at one point we had to take turns on the ledge while the Sonic tried to prey upon us, besides the fact that plenty of other items were everywhere. I got DCd, presumably by Pika. If you had stayed we could have taken him out.

EDIT: 9:15 A.M., 3-31-12 - played a boss blue Falcon, blue Snake, blue Marth, and blue G&W yesterday from about 11:10 to 11:40. I was the Captain Fabulous/white Fox/white Marth/white Snake/neutral Falco. Even though you didn't want to fight, we destroyed noobs and glitched and just screwed around in general. Most of the matches were on Temple, so with our perfect teching we probably wouldn't have ever finished a fight anyway. GGs.

EDIT: 7:00 to 7:16 A.M, 4-1-12 - found a skilled Captain Fabulous who taunted half the match. I at first used neutral Marth/white Fox/black and white Mario but then switched over to blue Falcon. Some ******* scrub Ike got sick of getting ***** and eventually went green Falcon, but still got *****. Same with some annoying black Pit who went Blood Falcon. I had some lulz in the first match when we were on Delfino and I was using Marth. Me and Captain Fabulous lasted to SD, and I played the ledge until we got to a water section, where I proceeded to counter stall in the water. Falcon commanded me to show my moves until he was hit by a bomb. I also excused any time he KOd me as long as it was from a Pawnch or Knee.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Had some fights with a good Samus/Red Fox/White Snake/Pink Rob/Black Marth. We messed up this Ike/Ness/Lucas/Link that came in earlier while the Pikachu and I sat there in the first fight watching. After a couple matches, the Pikachu started to fight you so I took the other player off your hands. That's when all the fun started. I was giving them knees and punches left and right, while you were taking them out with your stuff. One of my favorite moments was when we were on Battlefield, and I tied it up between me and the Black Marth at the time, by giving this Lucas player a knee in the last second to give me a point, I taunted anyway since I knew it was going to kill him, but I didn't expect it to give me a point.

I was the blue Falcon and always was the blue Falcon throughout that session. I wasn't one of those noobs who randomly picked Falcon and spammed Falcon Punch.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
^ That's being an *******. Learn to tech and SDI instead of just running from a powerful character.

I found a good red Falco and white Fox earlier. I was white Snake/white and red Wolf. You ignored me the first match but Falco got more interested in my Wolf towards the end of the second match. Then, my brother came over and unplugged the Wii just to annoy me. :grrr:

Sorry your 1v1 fun got ruined.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
^Yeah....That's my point. In the middle section of the Temple good teching will keep you alive forever.

ninjaalex

Smash Apprentice
^Yeah....That's my point. In the middle section of the Temple good teching will keep you alive forever.
^ Pretty much this, just DI toward the walls and it's almost impossible to kill someone, i find teching easier at higher percents.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Evidently,there are very few :toonlink:s in Basic Brawl that know the :rob: matchup.I mean,come on.Four years and we're STILL throwing DAirs like it's safe?
BTW,I know this MU favors Toon Link.The scrubs in Basic Brawl just aren't doing a good job proving it.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I have several stories to tell of my recent Basic Brawl experiences.

First: I watched a ridiculous pro level cat fight between a blonde Zelda/Sheik and a neutral Peach on FD. the Zelda won even though technically she tied up the match, but forgot to get a point off from me when I SD'd on accident. I couldn't tell if they were serious or friendlies, but damn they knew how to play those 2. I was the Captain Falcon who just watched and unfortunately ruined the match. I was planning on sticking around,but the room got DC'd as someone else tried to join.

The next thing that happened was me being in a room with some random characters and a black ZSS, who was also very good. she was glide tossing and doing other stuff. When one of the randoms left, they got replaced with an Ike, who the first thing he did that match was try to F-Smash the ZSS on FD. Well he missed, and the ZSS 0-deathed him in about 10 seconds flat. After that, the Ike tried to go after the other two of us, and I just used Ivysaur and did Bullet seed > Bullet seed > Up smash. After a couple matches, nothing else was interesting so I left.

The last thing I will tell is me fighting (and beating up) this Red Pikachu/white Marth/white DK/Brown Ganon/Neutral G&W. It started out as a ffa on Temple, and I won with my Falcon 5-0 against everyone else. The Pikachu kept going after me as did this other random character who just went against everyone. I beat him for a few more matches then the other random learned I was too good for him and just left me against Pikachu. After a couple matches, the room just let me and the Pikachu have some 1 v 1's where I kicked his butt. He went DK, got Knee'd, went Marth; got Squirtle Squirtled on, went Ganon, got ***** up the butt by Charizard, went G&W; got farted on by Ivysaur. What I loved in some of the matches was that my Charizard got not 1, but 2 clutch wins in a row against his Ganon. I technically only lost one match, but that was when I was Falcon-screwing around and SD'd myself and the random won. After that, I'm pretty sure I won every match. The last one he played in, we ended up in SD, where I killed him with Squirtle's F-air or jab, it was something lite of Squirtle. I could only imagine the levels of salt he was feeling. Ironically his Ganon held better against me more then anything. then again, we had dumb items at the time...

ninjaalex

Smash Apprentice
Evidently,there are very few :toonlink:s in Basic Brawl that know the :rob: matchup.I mean,come on.Four years and we're STILL throwing DAirs like it's safe?
BTW,I know this MU favors Toon Link.The scrubs in Basic Brawl just aren't doing a good job proving it.

Using BB as an example of how people play the mu is a very poor example. People on wifi love "Dive bombing." Honostly, use something else as an example.

Lof

Smash Cadet
The other night I was playing basic brawl, and we ended up on hyrule so I thought "you know what...im not going to do anything but watch and mind my own business!" apparently the others agreed to xD after of minutes sitting uptop with a blonde zelda as zss, the other two (an ike and marth) started to fight over who got to sit with us o.O it was really brutal and kept going on like that for maybe an hour and a half until the zelda left. So to all those you were there, I dont know you...but thanks it was hilarious xD

themanofpokemon

Smash Rookie
hi guys! im bored so i thought i would join the thread.
this is actually my first post. If you guys see me, ill usually be gray kirby or dark toon link to start off. my others would be pink meta knigt and pink c. falcon. i hope to meet some of you online!

i dont really ike to brawl. just goof off, you kno!

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Well, welcome to the forums. This place can be slow on most days, but then fast on others; Just give it some time. I hope that you have a nice stay on here. I hope I run into you sometime.

Lof

Smash Cadet
A few hours ago while I was playing basic brawl and tried to get a taunt party going and just to mess around, but right around until a blonde/Green zelda player joined...I was always badly beaten and destroyed ._. but afterwards for hours me and that green zelda messed around and just sat and watched others fight while we tried to protect eachother :D so If you were that green zelda I was a blue/purple toon link, Green/Red snake/And white kirby, Thanks ^_^ you made my day! (oh and im terribly sorry for that great Aether that accidentally hit you ._.)

Zulo

Smash Ace
Just had a group with a Peach who could dthrow cg and a Snake/MK/Sonic she was fighting. Haven't been on much recently because BB's been lacking a lot of skill imo, but this Peach seemed decent. Normal color.

Wiiboy4ever

Smash Rookie
Just had a MAJOR MAJOR taunt match with a Red Peach, we both had a blast! ^^

At first it was just me (pink peach) and her, we did nothing but duck constantly and turn around consistently.

There was one stupidly dumb irritating Green Pit that kept shooting errors on Hyrule stage in a circle, at first it didn't look like to me that he was trying to hit me and the Red Peach, but I eventually caught on and attacked him, and after awhile, the Red Peach joined and he left after some rounds.

Somewhere in between, there was a taunt crasher that was very persistent (and a bit skilled to be honest) and kept fighting us. He switched characters to a random person every match. There was a CPU on practically every match that me, the Red Peach, and the crasher fought. The game disconnected us afterwards, though. :(

And we both had each others' back, every step of the way. ^^ miss that Red Peach already! :) I've got to say, out of ALL the taunt matches I've had, this one was the best.

Lof

Smash Cadet
That may of ben me =O green pit spammy arrows, pink peach?! That was you o.o I was red peach!

themanofpokemon

Smash Rookie
so last night i was playing, right? and there was this toon link with a balck meta knight and a dark sheik, and he was like the weird not primary not dark link color. and we were ducking and shtuff. and then, when sheik, who was a total jerk the entir time, tried attacking us, we were like, "oh no you didnt!" and us and mk ganged up on her.we won obviously. the next match, the toon link turned into dark toon link like me! i was all like "yeah buddy" in my head. after awhile he switched to regular dark link, and i eventually changed into pink c. falcon. it was fun the entire time. it was great.

EDIT: adding to my last time, i just had a brawl with a wario, a wolf/mk? icant remember. and a mario/ike. we all ganged up on mario/ike. for 2 matches. then i got dced. :(

EDITEDIT: now in a match with 2 other toon links. were having so much fun beating up on other peeps. well now that the other peeps left now we have a comp. and then they both left.:( but i had fun:)

Wiiboy4ever

Smash Rookie
That may of ben me =O green pit spammy arrows, pink peach?! That was you o.o I was red peach!
Oh, my god, are you serious? That's awesome! :awesome:

I'll try to record a video of one of the replays I've saved to confirm this. :D

kaazers

Smash Master
No luck whatsoever with fights these past few days.

Do want to mention this good Blue Snake who likes going under FD a lot (and being flashy with his wavebounces/grenades -- and I mean really flashy) that I've encountered a couple of times during the last few months. He also always "pretends he's/really is" AFK during the beginning of matches. He's one of the few good players online who isn't obnoxious. You know the ones -- they act all high and mighty, picking on weaker players so they can beat them up once they fight back. Seen it too many times to count.

It's like that flashy Black Marth on BB mystery all over again.

I was there spectating your matches with that Red player who wasn't quite as honorable as you were during the fights. LOL I was also the Ike who you kept on sliding food over to whenever I had some damage. I appreciated that.

BlizzyWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlizzyWuff
Well I just got disconnected from the game now, but I was playing with a pretty cool (green) Falco player and at first we had some very good games against each other, then we decided to gang up on everyone else and got some nice combos in :D We went on a dash dance spree every now and then, and I play as a green fox and manage to shtl in unbearable lag xD
Edit: oh wait I think there is a big amount of luck when you find the person again and get to have more 1 on 1s :3

ninjaalex

Smash Apprentice
Had 2 different groups, one in BB, and one in TB. In basic brawl, i found a troll marth, a passive kirby, and a very good player who kept switching chars every round. He started with mk, and he was doing some flashy stuff so i could tel he was a good player, thing is, we couldn't 1vs1 since the troll marth came and attacked and never forgave me. I left after a few matches, i just couldn't take him anymore >_>. I was green mk/snake and ended with marth.

In Team battle, i only stayed for 2 games but there was a good marth/peach that knew what he was doing. I don't recall a lot, but i know the other 2 noobs didn't make me want to stay.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
ugh....

ran into a group of ******s who had to triple team me to even stand a chance.

every last one of these ******* couldn't even stand a chance against me in a 1vs1(espeicially the crappy ike noob who i kept dodging his Fsmash and Usmash all the time)

but the little ******* olimar and zelda despite being just as crappy as the ike player all ganged up on me at once, and even when i was winning they'd go out of their way to start killing on of themselves a lot just to give their buddy free kills to ensure i never got the win.

just bare in mind you 3 nooobs that every last one of you would of gotten slaughtered had u faced me in a 1v1, the fact that you had to triple team one player only shows how ****ty each of you were.

kaazers

Smash Master
OMG THAT IKE WAS ME. DUN CALL ME A NOOB.

Pft. No.

That reminds me...my Leopard Print Snake did get ganged up on by a good White Marth and Blue Snake on FD last week. Facing just one of them was a challenge, so I got slaughtered fighting them both. Though on the last round just as I was being called into the car, I managed to snag SD and win since the other Snake choked and SD'd by accident after I got his Marth buddy. Leaving it out there in case it was anyone from here. You two were pretty good; especially the Snake...getting 5 dthrows in a row on me...

Anyways, I had some decent matches against a Yellow ROB with my Red Ike. This was the second time today someone decent attacked me unprovoked in the beginning [I'm looking at you P2 Green Luigi from Corneria earlier today] only to attack the two spectators after one or two actual round of fights, and then run away after winning SD. He stayed the first round he attacked me, he stayed the round he attacked and won on LOLRumble Falls, but left and began attacking the other players in the middle of our second real match (where he started getting read). Good 2 games, I guess? Sadly, he was the only decent fight I've had today so far.

I hate players who get a high beating up less skilled ones.

…Except when they're cocky and obnoxious. Then it's just hilarious seeing them get tossed around.

ninjaalex

Smash Apprentice
This is pathetic. I stuck with a BB group for around an hour. Apparently, something happened between a fox player and a wolf player before i joined. I'm passive in BB, but if you attack be then your getting attacked back, so I decided to help the wolf and mario/samus player ainst the fox. It was item infested, but I never used any, it was pretty hilarious. xD. The fox player was....decent and knew somewhat how to DI, honostly though, he sucked, i used my not even pockets and owned. I used diddy/ice climbers/olimar/DK/bowser/ganon/snake/ness/ZSS/wolf. The last match made me lol, the fox player went to mario bors. and i ahppened to be wolf, and beta him at his own game. FoxBlaze, please don't tell me this was you.

EDIT: I also find it ironic nobody mentions when they lose and only loves sharing their stories about winning.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
believe me Kaazers I knew it couldn't be ur ike, aside from the fact that it was a neutral ike.

I HIGHLY doubt the only moves you know are quick draw, up smash, and forward smash, and I dobut you tend to start charging them clear across the other end of the stage.

Anyway after that BS from yesterday i really don't even wanna bother playing the game today, and definitely don't wanna mess with the headache of basic brawl.:glare:

I swear sometimes all its good for is testing your patience with how much BS you can put up with..

kaazers

Smash Master
I sometimes feel like I don't know any other move aside from Nair, Fair, Bair, Jab and the occasional Usmash. But yeah, haven't played much this week for similar reasons.

I actually don't see the point of only mentioning fights where you murder your opponents. You wouldn't call them "gg's." Also, I do mention when I get beat up too as long as they are decent, honorable matches -- the criteria's the same whether they beat me, I beat them or we're even. Decent because It takes very little to beat me when items are involved. Can't use them or avoid them to save my life. >>

I'm really bad at dittoes but that doesn't discredit what I say: I got beaten to a bloody pulp, chewed up, spat out and then stomped on for good measure by this Red Ike a month or so ago. I mentioned him, too. He was the best Ike I've encountered on Basic Brawl and knew the ditto matchup. Getting Fair'd and Bair'd out of Aether… Fun times, fun times. Like all good fights it got interrupted though.

Also: I'm pretty sure some people recognize the fights we mention but don't want to admit that it was them, haha. "I lost a couple of rounds to that scrub Kaazers? I'm not coming out from the shadows, thanks, >>" or "…I started to rage and use items during those matches…yeah, no," or "Man, I was a %^#& in our fights," things like that. xD

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Hey guys! ive been playing brawl for a long time and i spend a lot of my time on basic brawl. If you ever see a red marth that pivot walks a lot, thats me. i also do the infinite edge running glitch. So be on the lookout! i also play as a yellow kirby that always pivot walks and does chain grabs if attacked. lol

kaazers

Smash Master
Lots of Marths and Kirbys do those things, Metalbro, so your best bet is to describe any decent fights you have. I'll now keep an eye out for Red Marths and Yellow Kirbys though. That aside, welcome!

GG's to P2 Red Falco/ Pink Yoshi/ Green Wolf/ DDD/ Tan Ike on FD. The lag was unbearable at times but you displayed good sportsmanship with items and in general so I stayed. I was playing Green Ike

Okay… who was the Olimar hacker who attacked my Green Snake on FD just now? I knew there was a hacker afoot… Star Fox music was playing, and the Olimar was taunting every chance he could. He went Wario Man next round and only targeted me. Not funny… >> I think the Toon Link with us got fed up and DC'd. .

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Well my last couple of matches so far have been metaknight infested, playing as marth as usual. Still waiting for a good match to start. Last week i fought a hacking metaknight that turned everyone else into giga bowsers.

Top Bottom