• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
It's always best to get on on weekends early in the morning, and late at night. That's when you catch the better players.[/QUOTE

I disagree. A lot of noobs come out in the morning

I know you guys may have said it several times... but what color do you usually pick for your characters? I'm just pure green:)
I use red or black random.

I officially HATE Sonic-forever PERIOD. In the hands of an inexperienced person (I wouldn't say noob) He is the most annoying piece of crap known to man!

Edit:No, in the hands of any person
LOL then you should play a good Sonic. In the right hands he's the ultimate troll. Anyway, if it's a gayish noob, use Ike or Marth and Spam counter.

ninjaalex

Smash Apprentice
lol u guys hate it when sonics stall with neutral b?

anyway i'm shocked....very nice group this mourning, i was green snake/mk with another dark mk, a standard mk/ness, and a bunch of trolls since we got a new player every round. Anyway, i was teaching the mk's how to do the omnigay [i swear, if u mash down b next to them long enough, they will eventually get the message] we were having fun screwing around, and the dark mk was pretty good when i decided to 1vs1 him, i just got out, are any of you out there?

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
No lie. I had a dream that I was connecting to wifi on melee. I was ICs LMFAO.

I guess to stay with the topic yesterday I faced a marth that really really knew what he was doing. I was ICs. We were dead even in the end of the first game, and then he won the next game (I call Halberd shenanigans). He knew how to seperate nana from me and **** her. He helps me to keep realizing that I suck big **** at brawl. I really suck. suck alot. Thankyou so much u marth player. U handled my ******ry very well.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
^^^
I ran into that same Ike. Either he wasn't trying or...I don't even know.for a while a black Marth, a really good one, fought him then I did (gold Ike) no one taunted... Well I didn't because I felt sorry for this guy sigh I tell you, brawlers these days...

:phone:
Was that yesterday because I do recall a
from last night that would do that and use Eruptor a lot too. there was a
and
too. I just remember Jungle Japes, Battlefield, and Final Destination being picked as far as stages goes.

ninjaalex

Smash Apprentice
i seriously could use a 1vs1...i'm getting worse and worse...it's not the place...but can any1 help me practice for a couple of matches?

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I wouldn't mind helping you if you need it. And I'm pretty sure I ran into that blue Ike a few times, too.

ninjaalex

Smash Apprentice
really? alright i'll be in waiting for a while alright?
Edit: well, when ure on and ready anway. lol, haven't met that blue ike.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Met a good green Falco earlier. I was the neutral MK/blue Diddy. Those other **** distracted me way to much to fight competently, and you just trolled because of that, so I DCd.

EDIT-6:30- really good green Ganon I was playing with Falco, but this ***** *** mother****ing ******** Pikachu decided to take cheap shots and only come at me with a smash ball or gay *** item. I DCd the group. Ganon, sorry. Pikachu, if you even have the balls to be around here, you'll notice a large artery on your neck. Cut it.

EDIT-7:20- That Ganon was one of the few signs of intelligence, besides some gay Sheik/Ganon. ******** MK in this group that just took random pot shots. DCd them.

XstrawberrygoddessX

Smash Apprentice
Ggs to the black Marth/red fox/red wolf earlier tonight. I was gold Ike/link/Kirby/peach best 1on1 I've had in a while, I know you might have stayed longer but then player 2 had to be an idiot...sigh any way thanks!

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
No one good on today. Just cheap *** spammers, as usual. Although, I fought earlier with a good TPist cheetah-pattern snake. Knew his techs and ***** any of the noobs that acted up.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Really Good Red Marth. Only playing Marth. I'm mainly playing ICs but i'm playing other cheap ***** like olimar and Rob. I'm trying to be as ****** as possible to beat this guy. My cgs won't work on him because he mashes like a ***** and its extemely difficult for me to buffer my chain grabs on wifi so he can get out. No excuse I suck he rocks. ggs red marth

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Found a group with some ****hole Pit that got a cheap *** kill on me, and what a ****ing suprise, DCd before the next match ( which he knew would be Falco backdoor **** ). TPers: There are no skilled players among you. Those, like me, are called pacifists. They don't fight but WILL WRECK YOUR **** IF YOU PROVOKE THEM. Keep that in mind, *****.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
You know what irks me? When a pro room gets interrupted by a player that's as awful as their connection. <.<
Anyways,GGs to the Red Link,Red Ike,and White Snake(Even though the Ike and Snake fought each other after Link randomly dropped out).At least I got some Ike practice though. :p

Though for the Ike mains here(if any): Do BThrow > Dash Attack and FF NAir > Grab REALLY work?

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
If not used too predictably. Ike has a few good retreating options if an offensive technique fails.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
You know what irks me? When a pro room gets interrupted by a player that's as awful as their connection. <.<
Anyways,GGs to the Red Link,Red Ike,and White Snake(Even though the Ike and Snake fought each other after Link randomly dropped out).At least I got some Ike practice though. :p

Though for the Ike mains here(if any): Do BThrow > Dash Attack and FF NAir > Grab REALLY work?
Bthrow --> Dash Attack has to be done with an IDA (Instant Dash Attack). Just Bthrow, flick the control stick in the direction you're throwing in and the flick the C-stick up. If done correctly -- and the timing is not even close to being strict -- you should be able to Dash Attack out of your Bthrow almost immediately; though, this is both character and percent dependent. Honestly, I never FF Nair --> grab a lot unless my opponent sucks at spacing and / or has a poor punish game. It's a very good mix-up, if you want to throw someone offstage or on a platform, but, like every mix-up, is definitely punishable and thus risky to use if the opposition is aware of it. If you're trying to mix up your approaches, just Tomahawk (empty short hop to anything), RAR a Bair or simply full hop a Fair. The latter two options have little lag if done and spaced correctly while the former can lead into a grab, jab, or Ftilt. Alternatively, you could be cool, like me, and occasionally DACIT (Dash Attack Cancelled Item Toss) as an approach; incidentally, it's how I'd managed to have fun in 'casual' Wifi rooms, in which DACIT-able items are constantly spawning, for the time that I'd actually played this game extensively.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
This or usually how you're in practice stage and even when everyone is ready and says brawling the count down keeps going and hits 0 only to get that annoying message saying connection to the other players was lost. It does suck if you get a group of all decent players in it only to connect to another group that is bad.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Good red Snake I was fighting alongside in BB. You were generally AFC half the match and the noobs in the room eventually got too goddamn gay, so I DCd the group. I was the white Snake/blue-grey Falco.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Went into a room where there was a meta noob, fox, and a Lucas. Items were super dumb and I didn't even bother fighting the 1st minute. After the meta knight butt ****ed the others with his gayness, him and the fox left. The Lucas changed to Zelda that actually could fight. We went on Mario Bros so instead of dumb items, we got a broken stage. The next matches after that I got serious and started to beat that Zelda (except for one close sudden death). The last match I was in with that room, I got a 4-0 win on her, with me getting a tasty read and giving her a F-smash with Charizard when she got out of her teleport.

Went into another room where everyone was fighting. There was a green Ike, a black Pit, and a Lucario/Diddy. I tried not to fight actually, but the Diddy started going after me so I had to defend myself. He only went diddy the first match, then went Lucario all matches after that. My PT then started smashing him, my Squirtle booty ***** him, took him in SD and won with that Hydro power. We went on Temple and a noob Snake joined in, I camped and watched the Ike pulverize Lucario and Snake. Final match, I went Falcon, the Snake had the nerve to use PT and embarrass me with his scrub pokemon. lucario went Fox and I still whooped their ***** hard. About 40 seconds left, the Ike thought he would target me since I was at high percentage. I gave him a knee, killed him, then blocked/lived through everything he threw at me. That match ended with me at 6-0, 4 deaths on PT, 1 on Fox, and 1 on Ike.

kaazers

Smash Master
gg's to a Pink Diddy I fought a couple of hours ago. We were in a room with a Zelda and Fox. I was the neutral Ike who initiated the match. Had to leave after a couple of rounds 'cause of Muay Thai class. Sorry. >>

By the way, I now got Brawl up and working again! I'd made a rip of my disc in the summer and now have it running on USB Loader. My wii now no longer reads discs, though.

EDIT:

lksjd alskj faklj

That Green Ike was me! The Black Pit I was fighting was pretty good, but... stayed the whole time he was beating me and then left as soon as I started getting close/beating him. Do people on BB just not like a challenge? Also spammed arrows whenever I tried to back away and regroup. I ended up just charging at him like a bull… I'm not surprised I lost to him in the beginning. But yeah, was just thinking of editing my post to mention him, actually. lol gg's

When he left I took my frustration out on the new Snake and Lucario. I don't usually do that and admit I had no good reason to target the Snake (sorry) but as far as Lucario was concerned I was getting revenge for interrupting my fights and costing me a couple of wins/SDs.

And that next and last battle we all had at Distant Planet… It was then that I really noticed how bad both the Lucario and, especially, the Snake player were. I thought the Snake player was trolling. I realized later he wasn't. That 40-seconds-left fiasco was me noticing you. I thought you would fight me if I KO'd you. Man, did it ever backfire when you landed The Knee. xD If I had to go, I was glad at least that I went like that. I wanted to taunt but I wanted my point back more. Also thought I had you when I edgehogged, but you Up-B'd right through the leaf. I felt trolled.

I was ready for a real fight the next round but you left. That's me, forever being jilted at the alter.

Finally got semi-mentioned by someone though.

Victory.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Finally got semi-mentioned by someone though.

Victory.
Wow, that's the first time I encountered anyone on these boards.

This is a victory for the republic.

We should battle again sometime.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Was in a good taunt room with a skilled green random who used a lot of Lucas. I was the red random who mainly used Falco. We even went double Weegees at one point and did the Luigi Ladder for a while. In the last match some noob FSd us and I was DCd before the next match. :mad:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Sonic's "Luigi ladder"

Speaking of the Luigi ladder, I was in a Team Battle group a couple and a half hours ago that had Sonics on opposing teams doing something similar. They spammed neutral B all the way above the screen, and in one match, the two Sonics KO'd each other at the same time this way! Since there were already 3 Sonics in the room, I naturally could not resist switching to Sonic for the next match, hoping to have the rare double dittos. Of course one switched to another character, so we never had 4 Sonics. Despite this minor disappointment, it was a rather amusing group to say the least.

kaazers

Smash Master
FalconsFist: I'm keeping an eye out for Pokemon Trainer/Captain Falcon users. Prepare yourself for an epic fight.

Also, I've fought 9kplus1 (twice!), FoxBlaze, and Zulo (thought it was very short-lived). Also saw AV, but only got a quarter of a fight with him before an MK snatched him.

x

I'm fighting a good Blue&Red Ice Climbers for the first time. I've never been so frightened of being grabbed! Zero matchup experience here as far as fighting someone who knows how to play them, but having fun nonetheless. Whoever P4 is, they're good; I've never been KO'd from one grab before. They're from SWF for sure.

Battles on FD.

EDIT: Aw. They left. Went even with P4 for only a couple of rounds. Got bashed up for the most part. Both of us had one or two of the most stupid SD's as well.

After tossing me around as IC, they decided to switch to Red Zelda... where I almost 3 stocked him. xD He got angry, switched back to IC the next round, beat me one more time and then stormed off. I had fun anyways! gg's

I was Neutral Ike.

kaazers

Smash Master
All I remember is that it was during Winter Break. It was late for me since I still hadn't gone to sleep; early morning for all other normal people.

EDIT:

gg's to P2 Blue Goggles Pikachu/ Lucas/ Blue Snake/ Black MK/ Fox/ Gray Kirby

P3 I think played Marth/ Ike/ Link/ Peach /Zelda
P4 mostly played Link although he also played Ike for a round

I was the Green Snake/ Green Ike in the room.

First battle was on Bridge of Eldin. I think he got annoyed at my Snake 'cause he went Snake next round on Yoshi's Island and beat me. Then it was Lucas for a couple of rounds. I got beaten for the most part with all the items and other players flying around, but don't get me wrong -- P2 was pretty good and he knew it, lol.

Then -- I never thought I would say this -- I was ecstatic once we all settled on Temple: there was enough room for everyone to maneuver. Snake dittoes part two ensued, and I beat him both rounds; they were kinda close though. Switched over to Ike at this point since I hate dittoes, and then fought and beat his Fox and MK.

What happened next confused me. >> He went back to what I assume was his main, Pikachu, and just started twirling and taunting, and refused to approach me. If I got too close he attacked me, if I backed away and gave him space (since I thought he was done fighting) he would spam Thunderjolt. If I completely went to the other (in this case, left) side of the stage to give him space, he would go underneath and spam Thunder. He also started to spam -- not use -- items (but I paid him back with one perfectly aimed Bomb-omb on Pirate Ship).

As you can guess, that was the end of our real fights. Camping, item spamming and some bad stages ensued. I lost miserably after that. He left after he KO'd me twice on Green HIll Zone as Kirby while two other players were fighting. Oh you.

The normal itemless fights we had were great, gg's, and you were the second best player I've played so far today… right behind that steroid pumped Red Kirby from early this afternoon who beat me black and blue. Who was that anyway? Anyone beat up a Snake on FD as Red Kirby today?

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
For everyone out there trying to find me, my Falcon is always blue, if I start off with Ivysaur i'm red, my Charizard is green, Squirtle is White, my Wolf is green, and my Pika is mostly red.

EDIT: In the middle of a room with a Pika/ZSS/Zelda who had some frinedlies with me. She didn't charge at me but instead jabbed and crouched to show things
were cool. We had a few matches and they were really good. We need to fight again. There was also a Peach that also knows her stuff. She's glide tossing and comboing all to hell, especially other Peaches that came in.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
That was me. Well well, ran into another player from this section. I was the
. I hate Peach dittos but I felt that
and
needed to be put in their places. Thanks for allowing me to do so. I know the
was randomly attacking everyone. Sad thing is with Peaches FTilt, it can really mess up Peaches aerials because it can beats them out or trade hits depending on the positions. Overall yeah, it is a pain in Peach dittos especially if you get annoying FTilt spammers. The lag was irritating me on some of the matches screwed up my combos and some of my floats. Peach is actually hard to use in lag. After playing offline with some friends for hours I wasn't in the mental preparation to deal with input lag.

Very great Captain Falcon, Wolf, and Pokemon Trainer you have! =) Quite entertaining to watch. Good Pokemon Trainers are rare to find in BB.

kaazers

Smash Master
Good P2 Blue Lucas and really good P3 Captain Fabulous/ Grandpa Ganondorf on right now! The P4 MK/ Pit isn't all that great, though.

Never mind... the Pit disconnected us...

Pretty sure the Captain Fabulous is the same one who trolled me in another group with his double knee of justice offstage. Group got DC'd before I had the chance to fight him. The manly things this Captain Falcon did offstage... I saved replays. If I'm not feeling too lazy, I'll see if I can get those up.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I was that blue Lucas. I have to say, that everyone in that group was having fun. After the countdown for the match to end, we all taunted. You were pretty good, gg to you.

I also met that same Captain Fabulous about three minutes after that pit/mk disconnected us. We have to fight again sometime.

kaazers

Smash Master
Haha, awesome! Someone from the group right here. I was too disappointed to go back on again after being DC'd so missed out on that. Since you were that Blue Lucas, I'm definitely getting at least one video up -- namely the one that concerned one Captain Fabulous, one Black Ness and one ledge. You two were great, gg's.

Such a shame I'm no longer normally allowed to play during this time of the day… all the good players come on, too.

Now if only Captain Fabulous would reveal himself.

captainkeeta

Smash Rookie
i'm baaaaaaaaaaack....

you guys know me, yet you don't know me, but you do....unfortuantly the old me is dead, for reasons i'd rather not discuss.

the new me is here.

just know that I'm a pit main, but i rarely use pit at all in basic brawl, instead going for snake or metaknight, or falco, or ice climbers...

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
It's been awhile since I've came upon a group that everyone was skilled. I found it funny when me and the CF kept jumping on the ledge, then off, tried to kill each other, then it would repeat until one of us died, or I hit him back on the ledge. I fight in the air most of the time, so it was easy to make sure not to fall off.

The pit/mk just got on my nerves. It was also a challenging moment when all of us jumped off the ledge and tried to kill each other. Good thing PK Thunder was at my service.

Top Bottom