• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I just hope that them mentioning it then in that 2018 period wasn't a bad sign, with that one guy claiming that "Banjo was totally negotiated in April 2018, you guys". Of course even so, if Crash is in, maybe his negotiating would have been a bit later than the first three as he's #4/#5 released later, and/or those people at Activision who didn't have it in their control perhaps wouldn't have known such higher up discussions anyway?

Also Banjo happened to allegedly have leaks of his inclusion beforehand, so hopefully us not having the same for Crash doesn't mean he's not in, as Microsoft and Activision are both Western companies.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
You guys think Spyro will get a Fake skin, with Bushy eyebrows and big teeth? Or Crash and Spyro get special skins where they dress as each other, with Crash getting a literal Spyro costume and Spyro getting Crash's shorts and...shoes?

I wish they did a modern crossover with the two that was canon. There was those weird mini-game comps. on the GBA, where they fought with...Molotov cocktails. I'd love to see an open world crossover in the style of Twinsanity using a better version of the Purple&Orange duology story.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Are you guys really considering movesets that would make crash a joker clone

C'mon guys

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Perkilator Perkilator was it really necessary to quote my little silly post in 2 other threads?

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
https://clips.twitch.tv/CoyZealousCakePeteZarollTie

Activision approves Crash’s inclusion!

Now it just comes down to if Nintendo will select him in which I hope so.

For those who use “muh stingy company” people have to remember that Nintendo (you know, the higher ups above Sakurai?) are the ones picking DLC, not just one guy.

So while I except him to be pricey, I imagine hypothetical negotiations will go normally as we already know :ultbowser::ultdk:& :ultdiddy: were featured in Skylanders and Smash being a much bigger deal then PSASBR for anyone who use that argument.
I remember watching this live stream expecting the announcement of Spyro Reignited Trilogy, and I nearly **** myself when this question came up.
But at that particular time, no one seemed to care about the Smash Bros. name drop in an official Activision stream.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So the Spyro GP content has started to leak.

Two of the Spyro characters from the datamine do not seem to be present as they weren't in the GP preview video. Those characters being...

Ripto and The Sorceress

So either they got cut or the online trailer preview was a shortened version of what we'd see in-game. Hoping its the latter.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Crash, if you come to Smash, please bring your cousin Spyro.
I can only pretend that Incineroar the spinner and Ridley the purple dragon are you guys for so long.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
It's pretty N. Sane that there are so many people who don't recognize that Crash and Spyro are gaming icons. I've had multiple people tell me "Crash is too similar to Banjo" and when I ask how or why, it's always some nonsense response. "He's a animal platformer" "All he can do is spin" "Who even cares?" I always just assume that people who say this are being annoying on purpose.

Summoning Aku Aku makes him a Joker clone? Really?

Do you expect him to be doing rapid fire combos and mixing up gunplay with knife slashes all because he's got a floating mask?
Now I'm imaging Aku Aku as a persona, like a humanoid tribesmen with a staff or something :laugh:

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
It was just a joke due to the idea of a bar...
Whatever, moving on

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
It's pretty N. Sane that there are so many people who don't recognize that Crash and Spyro are gaming icons. I've had multiple people tell me "Crash is too similar to Banjo" and when I ask how or why, it's always some nonsense response. "He's a animal platformer" "All he can do is spin" "Who even cares?" I always just assume that people who say this are being annoying on purpose.

Now I'm imaging Aku Aku as a persona, like a humanoid tribesmen with a staff or something :laugh:
That Aku Aku persona would make some great fanart lol.

As for the detractors, what they're saying to discredit Crash is very dumb. "Similar to Banjo" is such a badly thought out 'criticism' that they shouldn't be taken seriously; I'm surprised stuff that stupid comes up. Haters gonna hate I suppose.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

While this obviously changes nothing in regards to Crash's chances, it's cool to see Crash's voice actor on board with him being Smash.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
While this obviously changes nothing in regards to Crash's chances, it's cool to see Crash's voice actor on board with him being Smash.
Let's be honest. EVERYONE would love to see Crash be playable in Smash. Even real bandicoots support him.
I could easily see Crash starting off DLC season 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
With all this talk of movesets I'd like to share another:

Crash begins his Up Smash by crouching. He appears to ready to perform a jump, but keeps both fists raised and one higher than the other. As he charges the attack his fists clench even tighter as Crash compacts himself even more, with one fist in particular ready to unleash extreme power until finally...

ffFFWEROOOOM!! He springs upward while swirling, launching a powerful uppercut and bursting off the ground! He combines his High Jump from Crash 2 onwards with an uppercut allows Crash to leap with enough force to damage foes and gain some height; enemies who make contact as he swirls will be knocked away with a mean uppercut that'll make them fear attacking him from above. The power of this attack can become KO-worthy quickly, and is actually great to use after you've caught foes with his Up Tilt. While the Death Tornado Punch stirs foes and racks up damage, it can set up this move--the Wumpa JUMP--to knock away any who touch that fist of his. Be wary of Crash if he's stirring you up with his UTilt; this attack is likely next.

So, this move is a logical extension of his High Jump but weaponized to become an uppercut. Since he can get some nice air-time when doing this jump I wanted that reflected here, but while it is a move that's definitely what Crash can do, it's actually a stealth Shout-Out to Jak & Daxter, his successor series. Jak (& Daxter, when you get to play as him) can spin and do uppercuts as some of their basic attacks. Their spin is obviously a reference to Crash, so why not have the reference come full circle (get it?) and give Crash a reference to them?

Feedback is appreciated; I'm using a color scheme for Smash Attacks to differentiate it from the other Attack Categories. The more important the category (Specials), the more color it receives. If you see the "Window with an X" icon just click it to see the actual image.

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
With all this talk of movesets I'd like to share another:

Crash begins his Up Smash by crouching. He appears to ready to perform a jump, but keeps both fists raised and one higher than the other. As he charges the attack his fists clench even tighter as Crash compacts himself even more, with one fist in particular ready to unleash extreme power until finally...

ffFFWEROOOOM!! He springs upward while swirling, launching a powerful uppercut and bursting off the ground! He combines his High Jump from Crash 2 onwards with an uppercut allows Crash to leap with enough force to damage foes and gain some height; enemies who make contact as he swirls will be knocked away with a mean uppercut that'll make them fear attacking him from above. The power of this attack can become KO-worthy quickly, and is actually great to use after you've caught foes with his Up Tilt. While the Death Tornado Punch stirs foes and racks up damage, it can set up this move--the Wumpa JUMP--to knock away any who touch that fist of his. Be wary of Crash if he's stirring you up with his UTilt; this attack is likely next.

So, this move is a logical extension of his High Jump but weaponized to become an uppercut. Since he can get some nice air-time when doing this jump I wanted that reflected here, but while it is a move that's definitely what Crash can do, it's actually a stealth Shout-Out to Jak & Daxter, his successor series. Jak (& Daxter, when you get to play as him) can spin and do uppercuts as some of their basic attacks. Their spin is obviously a reference to Crash, so why not have the reference come full circle (get it?) and give Crash a reference to them?

Feedback is appreciated; I'm using a color scheme for Smash Attacks to differentiate it from the other Attack Categories. The more important the category (Specials), the more color it receives. If you see the "Window with an X" icon just click it to see the actual image.
Ah, you're the one who made this? I saw it around on other sites, but nice job! Though, if this would be his up smash, I'd hope it has something similar to Marth's up smash; I mean the extra hit to bounce the opponent into the attack. Smash Bros Crusade has Crash in it with a version of this, but the hitbox is abysmal. It doesn't even work as an anti-air.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Ah, you're the one who made this? I saw it around on other sites, but nice job! Though, if this would be his up smash, I'd hope it has something similar to Marth's up smash; I mean the extra hit to bounce the opponent into the attack. Smash Bros Crusade has Crash in it with a version of this, but the hitbox is abysmal. It doesn't even work as an anti-air.
Wait... Other sites?? I only uploaded it to twitter, and here via imgur! It was posted to other sites?? I know it got traction on twitter but I didn't think it spread that much. Where else did you see it?

Also, yes I made this and thanks for the kind words. I planned to have the Up Tilt do most of the setup, but the swirling launch helps to bounce foes into the punch if they're too close to him. Didn't know he does an uppercut in Crusade though. That's a weird coincidence; I looked it up just now and it seems to be lifted from the Titans games. I was going for a Jak & Daxter shout-out.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Well, it seems that Nakoruru is a lock, meaning that Google Theory is dead, so Fighter 5 is now a mystery instead of Doomabusa.
I huddle with all in this thread hoping that Crash is #5.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Wait... Other sites?? I only uploaded it to twitter, and here via imgur! It was posted to other sites?? I know it got traction on twitter but I didn't think it spread that much. Where else did you see it?

Also, yes I made this and thanks for the kind words. I planned to have the Up Tilt do most of the setup, but the swirling launch helps to bounce foes into the punch if they're too close to him. Didn't know he does an uppercut in Crusade though. That's a weird coincidence; I looked it up just now and it seems to be lifted from the Titans games. I was going for a Jak & Daxter shout-out.
I may have just seen it on Twitter, but I swear I saw it on somebody's Crash compilation instagram. Not too certain though.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Does that rumour have much clout to it beyond being another 4Chan green text leak? Article also mentions NeoGAF and Resetera.

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
Quick news just to tell you all

This has been trending on the #CrashForSmash twitter
Littearly every single person that supports crash for smash (Well not all of them) including torran2glitchy

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I'm now really worried about Crash's chances due to the most recent leaks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUHvd0KGTCg

An SNK character seems inevitable for the 4th Season Pass slot, and due to a certain leak it also makes it very likely the 5th slot ir for that Ryu Haiabuza character.

Guess we'll just have to hope the Ryu Haiabuza thing is fake.

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
I'm now really worried about Crash's chances due to the most recent leaks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUHvd0KGTCg

An SNK character seems inevitable for the 4th Season Pass slot, and due to a certain leak it also makes it very likely the 5th slot ir for that Ryu Haiabuza character.

Guess we'll just have to hope the Ryu Haiabuza thing is fake.
Dudes been deconfirmed from the start ryu haibuza turned out to be a dlc for another game.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
It's specified in the video that might be the case but it's not guaranted

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Additional fighters being added to DLC is going to help Crash's chances BIG time here!

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Even if Crash Bandicoot doesn't make it for this fighters pass, we still have 10 more chances if we take the 16 World of Light dummy slots into account.

Crash's chances of being DLC now are better than ever and I'm feeling a lot more optimistic about his chances. We just need to show Activision that we want Crash in Smash! It worked in reviving him and it can work in getting him into Smash Bros.

Last edited:

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! What do you say we send Activision and Vicarious Visions our massive support for our boy Crash in Smash Ultimate! Let's show them how much we want Crash Bandicoot in Smash Bros!

Anyone willing to start a campaign to get their attentions?

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Today's annoucements means way more characters, which ups our Bandicoot's chance (not really, but that means he still has a big chance)!

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Was so happy when they announced we're going to have more DLC chars. Now I'm really confident on Crash chances

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Well that was a breath of fresh air. He’s not a lock, but I’d say it’s more likely now. I wonder how many DLC characters were getting?!

Top Bottom