• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424

He's here
Does...Velo sound like Big Norm to anybody else? Like, almost identical?
Also, I commented this on the video, and I may be misinformed, but...
According to Oxide, Velo is Gasmoxian as well, and they're fellow rulers? Guess CNK now makes more sense as to why Oxide's team has Velo as the fourth member. But that does make me wonder...where's the Velo-shaped planet then? Or is Gasmoxia a galaxy of sorts, where the other planets like Terra and Barren are just parts of the system?
Edit: Actually, the voice actor made him kinda sound like a mix between Zem and Wario...

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Just in case you haven't heard:

- No plans for characters after Vol. 2

- Nintendo selected the characters

- NO PLANS FOR A NEW SMASH IN THE FUTURE (This, of course, may change, but it's crazy that they actually said this. We may just get Ultimate ported in the future with additional content)

This is potentially now or never folks. We're approaching the end my friends. I really think this is Crash's time.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
And now...

Bandicoots...in...spaaaaaace!

Featuring the unflappable Privateer Tawna!

Also starring the inconsiderable Corsair Liz!

The inexhaustible Raider Megumi!

The unstoppable Buccaneer Ami!

The irresistible marauder Isabella!

The incomprehensible Astronaut Kong!

The indescriptible N. Brioctopus!

The inexplicable Space Chicken!

And a very special guest, the inflammable Space Spyro!

Last week, our heroes were departing from the scorched Earth and arrived on the planet Gasmoxia, where Nitro Oxide where awaiting to challenge them with the almighty Emperor Velo XXVII...

That said, I kind of thought about the possibility of Andre Sogliuzzo doing Velo anyways, seeing how Blum also did both versions of Velo. Not the best choice in the world, but I can see where they're coming from. At least they didn't default to using Fred Tatasciore for yet another big guy.

From what I understand, Oxide invited Velo, the ruler of the entire galaxy (so, not really of Gasmoxia), while a literal fast food war is going on. And, as expected, Velo is the one to be challenged on the new Time Trials.

https://blog.activision.com/crash-b...es-his-final-swing-in-the-Gasmoxia-Grand-Prix

Edit: Wait, it's not Beenox's time trial times. Which means they'll be even faster than Velo's times. Oh ****...

I can live with that.

- NO PLANS FOR A NEW SMASH IN THE FUTURE (This, of course, may change, but it's crazy that they actually said this. We may just get Ultimate ported in the future with additional content)

This is potentially now or never folks. We're approaching the end my friends. I really think this is Crash's time.
Yeah, E3 is the best and final chance for Crash to arrive. Failing that, there's still the VGAs, but that's not nearly as likely seeing how downhill it's been going lately.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

Gonna be blunt, I do not see all doom and gloom here. Sakurai often contradicts himself on stuff like this. I expect that they will surprise us somehow with this.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Gonna be blunt, I do not see all doom and gloom here. Sakurai often contradicts himself on stuff like this. I expect that they will surprise us somehow with this.
You mean changes his mind. Although Iwata pretty much forced his hand in regards to Brawl, seeing as Sak was appointed for that game behind his back. It does help that he genuinely likes developing this game far better than 4, since he had to oversee two versions at the same time.

In any case, if he does turn around, we may know of it around the time of the second-to-last fighter. :ult_terry:

What we don't know about is if he'll ever give himself an actual break.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This just means that they don't have specific plans for the next Smash game at the moment. Once the next console is far enough into development, they'll likely start planning the next Smash game - it's not like Nintendo's going to abruptly ends a series that almost literally convinces people to buy their consoles, even if Sakurai isn't involved for whatever reason.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This just means that they don't have specific plans for the next Smash game at the moment. Once the next console is far enough into development, they'll likely start planning the next Smash game - it's not like Nintendo's going to abruptly ends a series that almost literally convinces people to buy their consoles, even if Sakurai isn't involved for whatever reason.
Yeah I mean, this isn't Street Fighter. It can go for years without a new game, we've seen this with both Melee and Brawl. That'll give fans more than enough time to rally up support for their characters, especially with some heavy hitters having finally gotten in.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I do think ultimate is gonna get some kinda "ultimate port" with all dlc included, maybe a new story mode or somthing, kinda like street fighter 2 and it's rereleases. Maybe it could even get it's own dlc cycle?

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I do think ultimate is gonna get some kinda "ultimate port" with all dlc included, maybe a new story mode or somthing, kinda like street fighter 2 and it's rereleases. Maybe it could even get it's own dlc cycle?
I could see that, where they touch up the more rushed aspects (Chrom's model comes to mind) and add more stuff, maybe even Palutena guides for the current dlcs and whatnot. Banjo's would be really easy to do, I think.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
You're probably right, but it's still odd to me, if that's true, why they felt the need to say it. I don't believe they've ever said such a thing with past games. It should be a given that there isn't going to be a new Smash game any time soon . And, of course, there's the problem of topping Ultimate. The next time we see Smash it will probably be going in a brand new direction...

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So BetaM's datamines of the post February Nitro-Fueled content are here:

The madlads actually did it: Lab Assistant is coming to Nitro-Fueled

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
So BetaM's datamines of the post February Nitro-Fueled content are here:

The madlads actually did it: Lab Assistant is coming to Nitro-Fueled

Anyone else think the Driver who changes every update in the files is actually just an inside joke of Cortex messing with files? This new "name" for the driver seems like something Cortex would say, and I feel it's just going to be a constantly updating joke.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
E4D248CC-0C9C-450B-B94E-1EF5B9116D13.jpeg.jpg

The "characters not in the datamine list/GP are cut" fan rule is finally dead, thank the spirits! Though it feels pretty danged weird to have a version of N. Tropy that'll actually be easy to get. Since the Lab Assistant is confirmed, I wonder if he'll come with a Crash suit...

Also, calling it right now, Coco's new skin is the Babysitter one that's been spotted months ago.

Anyone else think the Driver who changes every update in the files is actually just an inside joke of Cortex messing with files? This new "name" for the driver seems like something Cortex would say, and I feel it's just going to be a constantly updating joke.
Whoever it is, it's definitely somebody spiteful. One of my suspects for who it is got taken out of the list, so that leaves out Willie Wumpa Cheeks and Mr. Crumb. Or a character from the next game.

Not gonna lie though, it's bleeding hilarious. Beenox are clearly having too much fun with the only big name leaker around that hasn't been burned in some capacity.

Last edited:

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
View attachment 263243

The "characters not in the datamine list/GP are cut" fan rule is finally dead, thank the spirits! Though it feels pretty danged weird to have a version of N. Tropy that'll actually be easy to get. Since the Lab Assistant is confirmed, I wonder if he'll come with a Crash suit...

Also, calling it right now, Coco's new skin is the Babysitter one that's been spotted months ago.

Whoever it is, it's definitely somebody spiteful. One of my suspects for who it is got taken out of the list, so that leaves out Willie Wumpa Cheeks and Mr. Crumb. Or a character from the next game.

Not gonna lie though, it's bleeding hilarious. Beenox are clearly having too much fun with the only big name leaker around that hasn't been burned in some capacity.
Wait is there now going to be a way to unlock N. Tropy without beating all his ghosts? Or am I just misreading your post.

I only have like 6 or 7 tracks left but god damn its really teing my patience. I dont think i can ever beat his ghost on Tiny Temple (The one where you need blue fire the whole time for the last 2 laps)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
By the way, there's two new cups, with some tracks having been recycled.

And Turbo Track's been left out yet again. It never catches a break.

Wait is there now going to be a way to unlock N. Tropy without beating all his ghosts? Or am I just misreading your post.

I only have like 6 or 7 tracks left but god damn its really teing my patience. I dont think i can ever beat his ghost on Tiny Temple (The one where you need blue fire the whole time for the last 2 laps)
Nah, I'm just saying that this upcoming baby version of Tropy will be bought in the Pit Stop, while the hard-to-get regular one exists. Because you'd think that they'd make you work hard to get the baby version as well, but the baby set would have been uneven that way, I guess.

Mercifully I already unlocked regular Tropy...

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of N. Tropy, I could totally see Bayonetta being his stand in for his spirit battle, who spams Witch Time and maybe starts with a Death Scythe to reference his tuning fork.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I don't know if this is the best place to ask, but do any of you have any tips for the Time Trials? I can't even beat N. Tropy's time on Crash Cove...

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I don't know if this is the best place to ask, but do any of you have any tips for the Time Trials? I can't even beat N. Tropy's time on Crash Cove...
1. Learn the track. Know where the shortcuts are, when to boost and perform U-turns and such and just know the track off by heart. That way, you won’t screw up due to a certain turn throwing you off and such.

2. Keep boosting. The only way to get the best possible times is to keep your boost up. Do this by driving over boost pads and power sliding. If you get blue fire, keep it going for as long as possible though it won’t matter much if you lose it after a short run (except on certain tracks where the ghost keeps blue fire for the entire time once it gets it).

3. Keep practicing. You’re not going to beat every time straight away. Sometimes, you’ll need to replay the track over and over and look up tips online on certain parts you’re having trouble with. Just hang in there and you’ll get it. Happened with me. I struggled with Tropy’s ghost and now I have beaten all of oxide’s ghosts.

Good luck and if you need more help, don’t be afraid to ask!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, first of all, thanks for the tips. I don't get to play CTR NF that often, and it shows with my skills, but I'll definately keep them in mind. Anyway, a quick question about the datamine.

How popular is the Lab Assistant, exactly? Is he a meme pick, or are they just adding him because he's technically already in the game?

Troykv

Smash Master
I was wondering which class would be Emperor Velo, I was expecting either Speed or Acceleration; after all the other "super" characters from previous games (Penta and Oxide) ended up in this class types, and makes sense because well... This are probably the class that would be the best to fit a "cheap" character (one gives you better max Speed, the other lowers death time from being attacked).

I'm happy, because this are actually the classes that I usually play xD

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
By the way, the XFinity Flash Kart promo seems to be out now.

https://crashynews.wordpress.com/20...-in-crash-team-racing-nitro-fueled-seriously/

Sometimes I wonder if execs were actually drunk when they signed off those kart tie-in deals.

Well, first of all, thanks for the tips. I don't get to play CTR NF that often, and it shows with my skills, but I'll definately keep them in mind. Anyway, a quick question about the datamine.

How popular is the Lab Assistant, exactly? Is he a meme pick, or are they just adding him because he's technically already in the game?

Well, let's put it this way: Lab Assistant is the :shyguy: of the Crash series. He's such an iconic and recognizable enemy that it feels weird when he's not around in some form. From what I've seen, while not the highest request for CTR, people seem at least okay with the idea of him getting in (compared to one-offs like Rusty Walrus and Farmer Ernest being scoffed at).

Well, that and him already having a model in NST and/or this game makes development all that much easier, like with Tawna, Baby T, N. Brio, Koala Kong and Komodo Moe. Besides, most of the popular or noteworthy requests are in anyways.

I was wondering which class would be Emperor Velo, I was expecting either Speed or Acceleration; after all the other "super" characters from previous games (Penta and Oxide) ended up in this class types, and makes sense because well... This are probably the class that would be the best to fit a "cheap" character (one gives you better max Speed, the other lowers death time from being attacked).

I'm happy, because this are actually the classes that I usually play xD
Also, seeing as the fellow final boss Oxide also is an Acceleration class, it makes sense when you think about it.

Still faster than Real Velo, who got hit by the nerf bat really hard.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Here’s a Warped-related question; if N. Tropy was the normal final boss for playing the game normally, and Cortex was a secret final boss hidden behind getting all the box gems, what boss would you insert to fill the void left in Tropy’s spot? I would go with a pirate-themed Papu Papu who attacked by spinning at you with an anchor into TNT barrels and a shark he uses to suck you in.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Finally getting to Oxide and Velo's time trials...

Oxide isn't too bad, I've yet to take more than one try on a track.
Velo however...well, I've only done Crash Cove as of right now for the nitro, and wow! He was right on my tail!

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Did anyone else enjoy Wrath of Cortex when they were younger, only to grow up and find out a lot of people dislike the game? I still have a few good memories of it :(

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Did anyone else enjoy Wrath of Cortex when they were younger, only to grow up and find out a lot of people dislike the game? I still have a few good memories of it :(
Imagine my surprise when I found out Sonic 06 was considered one of the worst games of all time.

I somehow managed to avoid the glitches...

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Imagine my surprise when I found out Sonic 06 was considered one of the worst games of all time.

I somehow managed to avoid the glitches...
I discovered that Sonic 06 was horribly recieved literally only at the Last Story. As for Wrath having a controversial reception, yeah, it shocked me to learn that there were people who didn't think it was great.

Granted I didn't have the original trilogy for perspective, but even with my superior and expanded tastes and more experience with Crash, I can't really say I think Crash 3 or 2 are better than Wrath. I mean, I KNOW they are widely considered superior, but it sure doesn't feel that way.

I swear up and down that it is at least a little bit underrated, but at the same time I also now understand a lot more why people aren't as fond of it. Still, I would sooner say the game is flawed, but a bit of a diamond in the rough. At the very least it does not deserve to be compared to the trainwreck that is Enter the Dragonfly.

And Wrath has a fantastic soundtrack. Like, IMO it's the second best Crash has ever had (with Twinsanity reigning supreme), and in particular I would single out Weathering Heights, The Gauntlet, and Crunch Time if I could have Wrath music in Smash. If it were up to me his credits theme would be the WoC credits/Solar Bowler.

But as I get more worldly, even if my own stance on Wrath won't change, I can understand the complaints of it a lot more.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Meanwhile, I continue to question MK Tour's existence when it does this:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._luigi_and_a_remixed_version_of_mario_circuit

I'm pretty sure that retro Crash, Coco and Cortex didn't take up a spot in the NF roster.

Personally, I was okay with it, I just didn't really enjoy waiting three minutes just to enter and leave a level (yes, I understand the other versions outside PS2 were faster, but still).

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Meanwhile, I continue to question MK Tour's existence when it does this:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._luigi_and_a_remixed_version_of_mario_circuit

I'm pretty sure that retro Crash, Coco and Cortex didn't take up a spot in the NF roster.

Personally, I was okay with it, I just didn't really enjoy waiting three minutes just to enter and leave a level (yes, I understand the other versions outside PS2 were faster, but still).
To be fair, if CTR was a mobile game, those classic skins probably WOULD take up spots on the roster. It's the golden rule of mobile games.

Then again, I would have preferred if MKT used alts of DK and Pauline from the original Donkey Kong game, but that's besides the point.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To be fair, if CTR was a mobile game, those classic skins probably WOULD take up spots on the roster. It's the golden rule of mobile games.

Then again, I would have preferred if MKT used alts of DK and Pauline from the original Donkey Kong game, but that's besides the point.
Well, the thing is that unlike NF, the devs are far more hesitant at using characters that sports/party spin-offs don't use already, let alone made by other creators and divisions. Or any other logical decisions like that.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Still believe MKT could've been Nintendo's NF if it was a full sequel to 8 (We'd still complain about the new "characters",) but I feel like the title would have much better reception of it was a real game. Also not tricking kids into wanting to pay a crazy amounts of money for a single character and a kart.

Top Bottom