• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I don't think it's impossible that a DLC fighter could include an echo fighter, but it also doesn't seem especially likely. I'm going to treat this like most leaks, probably fake.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Thats a lot of exclusive stuff for mii costumes and its not like there is a precedent with both Hero and Sephiroth being mostly stuff about them or the company involved.

Now it feels like the user just copy pasted the mii pass on Sephiroth's patch and did an Activision themed one but its not out of the realm of possibility.

For now, fake until its not.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Alternatively, since it is a pack, maybe Coco will be bundled with Crash a la Pyra & Mythra?
My guess is, if we get an echo fighter, they'd be bundled with another character rather than being their own pack. (it might be a bit much to give an echo fighter their own stage, set of music tracks, spirits, etc.) I could see Coco being bundled with Crash as an added bonus, but I'm not sure if she'd get her own separate pack in the Fighters Pass. (especially with there only being two characters left)

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Wasn't there a leak a while back about a massive-scale leak from a publisher that was considered "out-of-character"? That publisher might've been Activision, come to think of it.

EDIT: Yeah, it's this one:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wasn't there a leak a while back about a massive-scale leak from a publisher that was considered "out-of-character"? That publisher might've been Activision, come to think of it.

EDIT: Yeah, it's this one:

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I thought that was confirmed to be square enix?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Because it seems like every other leak that had potentially true info on other games while faking Smash info to get people to actually pay attention to it.
Maybe, but it was deleted before. Unless deleting it is done to make themselves look credible, who knows? We'll have to wait until the Summer Games Festival comes in order for us to know if this is real or not, unless something else debunks it.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Maybe, but it was deleted before. Unless deleting it is done to make themselves look credible, who knows? We'll have to wait until the Summer Games Festival comes in order for us to know if this is real or not, unless something else debunks it.
Tweets get deleted all the time. Especially Smash-related ones, and they NEVER lead to any reveals.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Tweets get deleted all the time. Especially Smash-related ones, and they NEVER lead to any reveals. I don't care what anyone says, I'm not buying it.
If you say so. I won't make my full judgement until something comes up or when the Summer Game Fest comes.

But I am leaning fake due to the echo thing.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
MASSIVE GRAIN OF SALT, PEOPLE
I know he's not the most popular person around here, but Liam Robertson brought up a good point: this just feels like a patchwork of fan theories about what's going on.

Also, for what it's worth, Liam has gone on record and stated that Wumpa League (or at least, the version he saw) was nothing like Crash Bash.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
You know, I've been doing some thinking: what if the next DLC slots have only 1 3rd party character left? If you think about it, let's review the DLC character list so far:

Piranha Plant
Joker
The Hero
Banjo
Terry
Byleth

Min-Min

Steve
Sephiroth
Pyra/Mythra
DLC 10
DLC 11

When you think about it, only 4/10 of the DLC roster are from first party. It is very possible we could get any of the following:

A. 2 3rd parties
B. 1 3rd party
C. 1 3rd and 1 1st party
D. 1 1st party
E. 2 1st parties

Could be possible that Nintendo wants to add some of their own characters instead of letting DLC being strongly 3rd party. Maybe I'm reading too much into this or my anxiety of Crash not making it spiking up with all these comments/rumors/videos going on about Crash. I'm hoping that it's at least B or C for E-3, but we all know how good of a curveball Sakurai likes to throw at us and we could get a D or E instead.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
You know, I've been doing some thinking: what if the next DLC slots have only 1 3rd party character left? If you think about it, let's review the DLC character list so far:

Piranha Plant
Joker
The Hero
Banjo
Terry
Byleth

Min-Min

Steve
Sephiroth
Pyra/Mythra
DLC 10
DLC 11

When you think about it, only 4/10 of the DLC roster are from first party. It is very possible we could get any of the following:

A. 2 3rd parties
B. 1 3rd party
C. 1 3rd and 1 1st party
D. 1 1st party
E. 2 1st parties

Could be possible that Nintendo wants to add some of their own characters instead of letting DLC being strongly 3rd party. Maybe I'm reading too much into this or my anxiety of Crash not making it spiking up with all these comments/rumors/videos going on about Crash. I'm hoping that it's at least B or C for E-3, but we all know how good of a curveball Sakurai likes to throw at us and we could get a D or E instead.
There are a few 1st parties that would make too much sense at e3, but I wonder if they still believe that e3 is for hype 3rd parties?

Dukefire

Smash Master
We still don't know if Nintendo will either do a single or double reveal. It might be just one reveal as FP2 is almost over. It is only a matter of time before the truth arrives at E3.
Screenshot_20210527-230735_YouTube.jpg

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
I know he's not the most popular person around here, but Liam Robertson brought up a good point: this just feels like a patchwork of fan theories about what's going on.

Also, for what it's worth, Liam has gone on record and stated that Wumpa League (or at least, the version he saw) was nothing like Crash Bash.
I rather trust what CGE says about it then Liam. At least then CGE isn't a two face.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ

Piranha Plant
Joker
The Hero
Banjo
Terry
Byleth

Min-Min

Steve
Sephiroth
Pyra/Mythra
DLC 10
DLC 11

A. 2 3rd parties
B. 1 3rd party
C. 1 3rd and 1 1st party
D. 1 1st party
E. 2 1st parties

There are a few 1st parties that would make too much sense at e3, but I wonder if they still believe that e3 is for hype 3rd parties?
I can't envision what first party character we could get that would be able to carry a solo E3 reveal... Maybe Waluigi, but I still can't really see that happening.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord

Piranha Plant
Joker
The Hero
Banjo
Terry
Byleth

Min-Min

Steve
Sephiroth
Pyra/Mythra
DLC 10
DLC 11

A. 2 3rd parties
B. 1 3rd party
C. 1 3rd and 1 1st party
D. 1 1st party
E. 2 1st parties

I'm thinking C. It's borderline confirmed there's going to be a Double Reveal, and I think there's only One First Party and One Third Party left lol.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
In Sakurai's Latest Column, he said that were probably getting the Remaining Stuff for this game revealed soon, so I have a suspicion that this may have been a cheeky way to hint at another Double Reveal.
That Smash Ultimate’s DLC will end “soon” according to Sakurai

however, there is a rumor that CP11 will be revealed at Tokyo Game Show but take that with a grain of salt as Nintendo seldom attends TGS
I see. I suppose you could also interpret that statement to just mean it's ending this year, but you may both be right! A double reveal is what I'm hoping for right now...

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
That Smash Ultimate’s DLC will end “soon” according to Sakurai

however, there is a rumor that CP11 will be revealed at Tokyo Game Show but take that with a grain of salt as Nintendo seldom attends TGS
So late September/early October. That's about a 3.5 months wait. Not sure if any of us want to wait that long for the final one, but I have a good feeling this one will reveal the 3rd party

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So late September/early October. That's about a 3.5 months wait. Not sure if any of us want to wait that long for the final one, but I have a good feeling this one will reveal the 3rd party
If it’s AT TGS, it could be a third party that has more Japan appeal and would do better at TGS. so probably not Crash if that’s the case

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
MASSIVE GRAIN OF SALT, PEOPLE
1622217930564.png

I'm sure whoever wrote this up confused Coco echo for an alt, but Coco as an alt for Crash just can't happen as cool as it sounds.

For something like a platformer it's not so much of an issue, but for Smash for them to occupy the same slot would require them to share the same hitboxes, and Coco and Crash have wildly different proportions. Not to mention the fact that the Crash team has gone out of it's way to give Coco unique animations and ways of performing Crash's techniques, so them sharing a slot would mean copying Crash's moveset and it wouldn't feel right for Coco to do the bodyslam the way Crash does.

1622218113066.png

I'll tell you what happened here, someone came up with a BS list and then kept it up just long enough to be noticed and then deleted it to make it look more legit so they could fool some people.

I wouldn't buy this for a second

Faso115

Smash Lord
Those who are under the belief that a first party cant carry an E3 reveal

Palutena and Mii fighters were revealed on E3.

Im not saying they were hype, just that E3 2019 was the only time Third parties were revealed. (Unless you count E3 2013 which had Megaman)

GolisoPower

Smash Master

Im not saying they were hype, just that E3 2019 was the only time Third parties were revealed. (Unless you count E3 2013 which had Megaman)
I mean you're right, but I also may wanna remind you that PAC-MAN was also revealed at the same E3 as Palutena and Miis. I understand your point, just wanted to throw that out there.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace

Palutena was pretty hype for me, ngl. She was actually my most wanted character for Smash 4 cause I was such a big Kid Icarus: Uprising fan back then 👍

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Then again, I feel Crash would probably be treated like Ridley, being an amalgamation of his various incarnation. Doing this would also help with giving Crash and Coco the same proportions in order to make them skins.

Top Bottom