The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Ace
I don't think Crash 4 for Switch is getting announced till next year; the current scenario reeks of either a timed exclusive or development cycle focused on getting the game to systems (PS4 and XBox) that are about to technically be obsolete very soon. Get those out now, give them a few months and then circa January/Feburary/March you get Crash 4 showing up in either Partner Showcase or Direct.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's likelier to see a Switch Crash 4 port be announced by itself, or in some Geoff Keighley-related event.

Edit: Prima Games is apparently alive, somehow.

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I wouldn't worry too much, there's no way the switch is not getting its own optimized version of IAT. I mean, all three of the teams working on the game have experience with the switch ports (I think Beenox handled it best), but I do find it odd that they've deliberately made the switch release later.

A lot of people argue that it was a matter of getting 60 fps to run on switch without sacrificing things. To me, I actually do not like the motion dizziness I get from 60 in most games, which is why I really enjoy when games do 30 + acceptable motion blur. I didn't even know CTRNF on Switch was 30fps until I looked up differences.

Anyway, I am a huge fan of the fact that Crash is a lot less mute in IAT. N. Sane Trilogy was similar to the PS1 games, with a few extra grunts here and there, but it always felt a little awkward. It's also a huge plus that they've modernized both Bandicoots this time around, animation wise.

Maxie

Smash Ace
How many levels do you think Cortex, Tawna and Dingodile will have in Crash 4? Do you think there won't be too many levels for them or do you think there will be a sizable chunk of them?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Really hope to get some sort of confirmation that Tiny the Tiger will be in the game and can't wait to see what his redesign looks like and hopefully it's pretty faithful to his original, But wouldn't mind a few new touches to his expected new model.

I think we are all expecting him to be in the game seeing how he and Dingodile are Cortex's main 1-2 punch henchmen and it would feel wrong if Dingodile came back and for whatever reason they excluded Tiny from the next mainline game to follow up the iconic trilogy seeing how he was in 2 of the original 3 games.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Lord
Really hope to get some sort of confirmation that Tiny the Tiger will be in the game and can't wait to see what his redesign looks like and hopefully it's pretty faithful to his original, But wouldn't mind a few new touches to his expected new model.

I think we are all expecting him to be in the game seeing how he and Dingodile are Cortex's main 1-2 punch henchmen and it would feel wrong if Dingodile came back and for whatever reason they excluded Tiny from the next mainline game to follow up the iconic trilogy seeing how he was in 2 of the original 3 games.
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they at least explained how Tiny went from his original look to his Titans look. I know, they'll probably pull the "alternate universe" card, but I'm one of those weird people who actually prefers his Titans design over his original. I don't know why, though. Maybe I just find it more appealing?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Seeing how Coco's profile for On The Run didn't mention Titans-era Coco's obsession with butter in her list of likes, I doubt they'd make that leap.

At best, we'd get the Titans Tiny design, but for an entirely new character instead, so that both get to coexist. Besides, Tiny is a Thylacine, so...

Top Bottom