• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Actually, if you see the announcement video for the new fighter that is premiering on Youtube tomorrow, it says it IS a Sakurai Presents, even if it is three minutes long.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Good luck to all of you lovely Bandicoots tomorrow! Even though I personally believe Crash is coming later in the pass, its still exciting to see the fact that Crash is trending because so many people believe he is coming, and that always makes me happy.

Let's hope we can finally have that 90's video game rivalry we have all been dreaming of!

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Ok, here is my contribution to bump this up to 100 pages. Good luck to everyone for tomorow, no matter who they support.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I can imagine some haters calling Crash Bandicoot a "Promo/Shill" pick if he does get unveiled tomorrow.

Personally I don't give a ****, At the end of the day as long as he makes it in the roster is all I care about.

Even if that was the case, Crash Bandicoot without a doubt has already built up a track record and status to stand to toe to toe with some of gaming's biggest icons and all-stars in Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I can imagine some haters calling Crash Bandicoot a "Promo/Shill" pick if he does get unveiled tomorrow.

Personally I don't give a ****, At the end of the day as long as he makes it in the roster is all I care about.

Even if that was the case, Crash Bandicoot without a doubt has already built up a track record and status to stand to toe to toe with some of gaming's biggest icons and all-stars in Super Smash Bros Ultimate.
Some people are impossible to please. If it's not the "no Japan" crowd, it's the "no ads" one.

If they had things their way, we'd just have the initial concept of Smash, before it had Nintendo characters. :4pacman:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Of course this thread will be able to reach 100 pages very soon. It's so close, after all.

Now, some thoughs about Crash 4. I feel like the idea of giving a death counter with infinite lives while still giving the option to play with a limited ammount of lives is extremly cool, and make the game even more accessible. Also the level design of the levels of the demo are like, super cool.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I actually want Crash tomorrow also to show that what ACTIVISION says goes. Even Imran doesn't see Crash happening tomorrow..but I say. Maybe Activision ONLY let Nintendo use Crash IF they revealed him close to his newest game release for maximum efficiency in terms of advertising. I def feel like Activision would not have it ANY other way. GG

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Without a question it would be Mario, The late 90's was mainly Nintendo 64 vs Playstation.

Sonic would definitely be 2nd, But during that era Crash kind of took over after Sonic as Sega (While still fighting back) was starting to running out of gas.

Last edited:

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
I actually want Crash tomorrow also to show that what ACTIVISION says goes. Even Imran doesn't see Crash happening tomorrow..but I say. Maybe Activision ONLY let Nintendo use Crash IF they revealed him close to his newest game release for maximum efficiency in terms of advertising. I def feel like Activision would not have it ANY other way. GG
Honestly, this thought popped up for me. It feels pretty on-brand for them to do something like this, especially if it was supposed to be an E3 reveal to generate hype.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Honestly, this thought popped up for me. It feels pretty on-brand for them to do something like this, especially if it was supposed to be an E3 reveal to generate hype.
It def does SEEM like the Activision thing to do.. Not that I would be complaining of course.
Crash 4.JPG

His new game coming out the very next day seems to be raising some eyebrows either way.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I'd have to say we would finally have the mascot quarter free-for-all of Mario v Sonic v Crash v Pac-Man. Pac-Man could be considered pretty much the mascot of arcade cabinets.
That is putting it mildly. PACMAN IS ARCADE no doubt! Seeing Pacman, Sonic, Crash Bandicoot, and Mario all in the same game would be almost to much to bear. Who is next... Rayman?? Well...after all of those guys, YES probably. :p

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
It def does SEEM like the Activision thing to do.. Not that I would be complaining of course.
View attachment 287558
His new game coming out the very next day seems to be raising some eyebrows either way.
If Crash were getting into Ultimate, they'd more than likely use his classic/N. Sane trilogy look since it's the most iconic depiction of him

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
If Crash were getting into Ultimate, they'd more than likely use his classic/N. Sane trilogy look since it's the most iconic depiction of him
That is what I'm hoping! I love the new design, but you can't really beat the old one.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Being able to do a match of Mario vs. Sonic vs. Crash just feels so overdue, and the kind of thing you wish you could tell people about 20 plus years ago.

"Wait there's a fighting game with all three of those characters in it?"

"Yeah, but that's only if you don't feel like playing with Banjo Kazooie, Cloud, Solid Snake, Mega Man, Ryu, Simon Belmont, Pac-Man, or the protagonists from Dragon Quest."

"...Right, of course they're in it. And no doubt Bomberman's there and since apparently anything goes in this magical game of yours, the blocks from Pong show up too."

"Yeah, kinda."

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Being able to do a match of Mario vs. Sonic vs. Crash just feels so overdue, and the kind of thing you wish you could tell people about 20 plus years ago.

"Wait there's a fighting game with all three of those characters in it?"

"Yeah, but that's only if you don't feel like playing with Banjo Kazooie, Cloud, Solid Snake, Mega Man, Ryu, Simon Belmont, Pac-Man, or the protagonists from Dragon Quest."

"...Right, of course they're in it. And no doubt Bomberman's there and since apparently anything goes in this magical game of yours, the blocks from Pong show up too."

"Yeah, kinda."
Yep, that would be a lot of 90's kids reactions

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As an addendum, Crash is one of the select fan picks that both Westerners and Japan want. It would basically be a win-win situation.

Even if Crash isn't FP7, he's still got an excellent shot for this pass still, maybe even FP8
Given that, I just got a theory.

Crash's 25th is next year, right? Even if he's not next, they could still time his reveal to happen sometime around June-to-September next year, to capitalize on this, along with whatever new game that might be in the pipeline.

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
That is what I'm hoping! I love the new design, but you can't really beat the old one.
Personally I want both designs to appear, similar to other characters such as Wario, Joker or Yoshi who have skins of different designs. Maybe it is too much wishful thinking to hope for this but I'd love a brawl Wario situation with skins for both designs.

MattX20

Smash Hero
As an addendum, Crash is one of the select fan picks that both Westerners and Japan want. It would basically be a win-win situation.

Given that, I just got a theory.

Crash's 25th is next year, right? Even if he's not next, they could still time his reveal to happen sometime around June-to-September next year, to capitalize on this, along with whatever new game that might be in the pipeline.
That would be a logical time for a Smash reveal, 25th anniversaries are often held in high regard

Naigumi

Smash Cadet
Passing here to say that i really hope Crash is in this fighters pass. He's one of my favorite characters of all time, for sure. I grow up playing his games and he's a really iconic video game character. We could finally have the dream of having Mario, Sonic and Crash in the same game, it's so weird and amazing at the same time.
Hopefully he will be added soon!

MattX20

Smash Hero
Passing here to say that i really hope Crash is in this fighters pass. He's one of my favorite characters of all time, for sure. I grow up playing his games and he's a really iconic video game character. We could finally have the dream of having Mario, Sonic and Crash in the same game, it's so weird and amazing at the same time.
Hopefully he will be added soon!
It would be nice to see him indeed. Crash would certainly be welcomed by just about everyone

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Even if Crash Bandicoot doesn't get announced tomorrow, I can definitely see a scenario where he gets revealed along side a Switch port of "Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time" sometime next year which also just happens to be the 25th anniversary of the franchise.

I know anniversaries don't really mean much for Smash, But couldn't hurt for it to be a possibility.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Well, October's going to be pretty eventful this year, even if it's just some games. Not looking forward to the early morning, but I'm excited either way!

Top Bottom