• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I don't think Crash 4 for Switch is getting announced till next year; the current scenario reeks of either a timed exclusive or development cycle focused on getting the game to systems (PS4 and XBox) that are about to technically be obsolete very soon. Get those out now, give them a few months and then circa January/Feburary/March you get Crash 4 showing up in either Partner Showcase or Direct.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's likelier to see a Switch Crash 4 port be announced by itself, or in some Geoff Keighley-related event.

Edit: Prima Games is apparently alive, somehow.

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I wouldn't worry too much, there's no way the switch is not getting its own optimized version of IAT. I mean, all three of the teams working on the game have experience with the switch ports (I think Beenox handled it best), but I do find it odd that they've deliberately made the switch release later.

A lot of people argue that it was a matter of getting 60 fps to run on switch without sacrificing things. To me, I actually do not like the motion dizziness I get from 60 in most games, which is why I really enjoy when games do 30 + acceptable motion blur. I didn't even know CTRNF on Switch was 30fps until I looked up differences.

Anyway, I am a huge fan of the fact that Crash is a lot less mute in IAT. N. Sane Trilogy was similar to the PS1 games, with a few extra grunts here and there, but it always felt a little awkward. It's also a huge plus that they've modernized both Bandicoots this time around, animation wise.

D

Deleted member

How many levels do you think Cortex, Tawna and Dingodile will have in Crash 4? Do you think there won't be too many levels for them or do you think there will be a sizable chunk of them?

MattX20

Smash Hero
We don't know if Cortex, Dingodile, and Tawna will have alternate costumes/skins either

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Really hope to get some sort of confirmation that Tiny the Tiger will be in the game and can't wait to see what his redesign looks like and hopefully it's pretty faithful to his original, But wouldn't mind a few new touches to his expected new model.

I think we are all expecting him to be in the game seeing how he and Dingodile are Cortex's main 1-2 punch henchmen and it would feel wrong if Dingodile came back and for whatever reason they excluded Tiny from the next mainline game to follow up the iconic trilogy seeing how he was in 2 of the original 3 games.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Really hope to get some sort of confirmation that Tiny the Tiger will be in the game and can't wait to see what his redesign looks like and hopefully it's pretty faithful to his original, But wouldn't mind a few new touches to his expected new model.

I think we are all expecting him to be in the game seeing how he and Dingodile are Cortex's main 1-2 punch henchmen and it would feel wrong if Dingodile came back and for whatever reason they excluded Tiny from the next mainline game to follow up the iconic trilogy seeing how he was in 2 of the original 3 games.
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they at least explained how Tiny went from his original look to his Titans look. I know, they'll probably pull the "alternate universe" card, but I'm one of those weird people who actually prefers his Titans design over his original. I don't know why, though. Maybe I just find it more appealing?

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
With speculation ramping up for Fighter 7 possibly released in the next two weeks, got my fingers crossed for Crash being the one shown off. Him getting a Smash reveal around the same time his game is coming out (and hilariously not yet for Switch) would make for one heck of a week for him.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
While i would love it to be Crash, i don't think it's him. It sounds way too good to be true having Crash beign announced for Smash in the same week (or even close to said week) as Crash 4 releases.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'll just leave these here.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I also feel the same way, I don't want us to seem like clueless fans and say:

"Hey the fighter is coming out at the same time Crash Bandicoot 4 comes out so that automatically means it has to be Crash, It makes too much sense"

And then Crash fans get all pissed off when it's not him, It seems like the perfect way to bait us, But at the same time it could be the perfect way for Nintendo and Activision to promote the game even if it is coming out on Playstation and Xbox first, Crash in Smash can somewhat help hold the fort down in the meantime until "It's About Time" gets ported to Switch next year.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I also feel the same way, I don't want us to seem like clueless fans and say:

"Hey the fighter is coming out at the same time Crash Bandicoot 4 comes out so that automatically means it has to be Crash, It makes too much sense"

And then Crash fans get all pissed off when it's not him, It seems like the perfect way to bait us, But at the same time it could be the perfect way for Nintendo and Activision to promote the game even if it is coming out on Playstation and Xbox first, Crash in Smash can somewhat help hold the fort down in the meantime until "It's About Time" gets ported to Switch next year.
Yeah we dont want to become those sorts of fans. I feel crash and geno are the most likely, because of crashes history and resurgence, and geno for the long time fan support and sakurai wanting him back in melee and how this game and dlc has support a character fitting those exact qualifications before: banjo.

I want others more then geno, like shantae, Reium, and rex and pyra, but those 2 i feel safe putting money on.

Whether they are the next fighter is anyones guess. We litterally have nothing to go on, and not a single credible link or even hint. We havent had this sort of surprise for a dlc ever.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, one thing for sure is that PushDustIn PushDustIn is positive that something will only happen after the 7/11 ad gets taken down, since there will be no events or holidays getting in the way of Smash reveals at that point.

Also, in case you lot haven't noticed, the launch trailer dropped and guess who's back?

D

Deleted member

Well, one thing for sure is that PushDustIn PushDustIn is positive that something will only happen after the 7/11 ad gets taken down, since there will be no events or holidays getting in the way of Smash reveals at that point.

Also, in case you lot haven't noticed, the launch trailer dropped and guess who's back?

I saw it hours ago. I'm still highly waiting to play as Dingodile in this game.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
https://www.ign.com/articles/crash-bandicoot-4-multiplayer-modes-announced

Fake Crash is back, but not in the way anyone expected.

Also, a copy broke the street date in France, so spoiler alert.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
https://www.ign.com/articles/crash-bandicoot-4-multiplayer-modes-announced

Fake Crash is back, but not in the way anyone expected.

Also, a copy broke the street date in France, so spoiler alert.

Personally, I like the inclusion of a playable Fake Crash (sort of), but is that the real Fake Crash? He kinda looks like a skin for regular Crash, more than he should be. At least Fake Coco has something weird to make her stand out, that uh...extra strand of black hair? Mixed into the blonde.

Let's not end up like Ultimate, hopefully. I still remember that time where multiple people were streaming the dumped copy.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
We pretty much have about week left until people really start spoiling things left and right on the internet.

Hopefully we can keep try to keep it spoiler free here.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Personally, I like the inclusion of a playable Fake Crash (sort of), but is that the real Fake Crash? He kinda looks like a skin for regular Crash, more than he should be. At least Fake Coco has something weird to make her stand out, that uh...extra strand of black hair? Mixed into the blonde.

Let's not end up like Ultimate, hopefully. I still remember that time where multiple people were streaming the dumped copy.
Honestly, it feels a bit like Carbon Crash all over again.

We pretty much have about week left until people really start spoiling things left and right on the internet.

Hopefully we can keep try to keep it spoiler free here.
This thread didn't get much activity lately beyond regular posters, so I don't think you'll need to worry about that. Hell, I'm the only one who posts of new developments right now.

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I wonder if one of the skins you can unlock in this game will be Carbon Crash? I already found it weird that CTR didn't include him as a recolor skin for Crash (since it made sense to do so). I wonder if the Fake Bandicoots are going to have an origin story in this game as well. Banking on the "they are alternate universe Crash and Coco", like Fake Crash has already been in the past.

I'm also not too bothered by spoilers, but I won't spoil anything if I see any.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
If you're not going to play the game at launch or at least close to launch (which is the situation for those waiting for the Switch version), wishing a spoiler free experience is essentially a lost battle, unless you stay out of the internet for 1 year

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Only one week left, still no major spoilers in sight.

Edit: And it turned out to be a false alarm.

Can't say this surprises me. :picardpalm:

Last edited:

New Marsupial

Smash Rookie
Yeah we dont want to become those sorts of fans. I feel crash and geno are the most likely, because of crashes history and resurgence, and geno for the long time fan support and sakurai wanting him back in melee and how this game and dlc has support a character fitting those exact qualifications before: banjo.

I want others more then geno, like shantae, Reium, and rex and pyra, but those 2 i feel safe putting money on.

Whether they are the next fighter is anyones guess. We litterally have nothing to go on, and not a single credible link or even hint. We havent had this sort of surprise for a dlc ever.
I agree. These days smash speculation since its been three months I'm surprised with how we most likely don't even have anything unlike during the Hero, Banjo and Terry days. However, the speculation scene seems to have gone wilder and has gatekeepers like that Terry guy on Twitter and Youtube saying Activision doesn't deserve anything.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I agree. These days smash speculation since its been three months I'm surprised with how we most likely don't even have anything unlike during the Hero, Banjo and Terry days. However, the speculation scene seems to have gone wilder and has gatekeepers like that Terry guy on Twitter and Youtube saying Activision doesn't deserve anything.
Just wanted to say: Welcome to the forums!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Looking forward to seeing the reviews for the game, I'm expecting it to get a lot of 8.5 - 9's on the score and betting for it to get a 87-89 overall on Metacritic.

Definitely my personal "Game of the year" by a long shot as it's the only major game this year that I'm actually hyped about despite currently no longer owning neither a Playstation 4 or an Xbox One.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

A Sakurai presents is happening tomorrow, a day before Crash 4 releases. I'd say It's About Time!

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Man, just imagine if Crash actually is the next fighter being announced tomorrow. It would be absolute PERFECT timing, since his new game is coming out the next day
Nothing suggests it's likely but man oh man, it'll be a miracle among miracles if it does.

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
Man it would be perfect for tomorrow's announcement, which is why it's probably not. But seriously, it would be a great last hurrah to push some copies the next day.

zferolie

Smash Hero

A Sakurai presents is happening tomorrow, a day before Crash 4 releases. I'd say It's About Time!
Its not a sakurai presents its a 3 minute trailer with a brief word from sakurai afterwards. So we are probably not getting the character as playable soon but at least we will know!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Its not a sakurai presents its a 3 minute trailer with a brief word from sakurai afterwards. So we are probably not getting the character as playable soon but at least we will know!
Yeah, I noticed, my bad. I noticed a bit too late. Still, this is exciting, and like I said, It's About Time!

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Crash Bandicoot is trending on Twitter and of course, the new game's coming out this Friday but, the fact that we now got official confirmation that we'll be getting the reveal of CP 7 tomorrow; this coincidence is just too sus. The timing is in fact PERFECT for a reveal + game promotion combo.

Top Bottom