• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Spyro also has his own form of invincibility, I think? Haven't played the games in a while but, it was pretty much essential to have an invincible power-up back then. Mario set the precedent and then almost every other game followed.
He didn't. All he had for protection was Sparx which took damage for him. Without him he's dead in one hit.

Crash is also dead in one hit without aku aku, but he has a way of becoming temporaly invencible, at least.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
what if crash uses aku aku though
Spyro's Supercharge is outright busted though. Look at the doors he smashes into bits, compared to Spyro's size those are insane. And if LoS is brought in its gonna be crazy. Also Supercharge does make Spyro invincible, and he does have the Red Spyro invicinbility power from 2 and 3.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Actually, he does have invincibility. And Spyro has three hits he can take, I believe, which are indicated by Sparx'a colors. Add onto this his invincibility power-up, and you get a Spyro who can tank one more hit than what Crash can.

These are just gameplay mechanics though. In reality, one hit isn't going to kill these guys. I sincerly doubt us throwing a punch at Spyro and it miraculously landing will have any effect on the dragon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Oh right i totally forgot about the supercharge. Crash is screwed i guess

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I'm hoping the soundtrack for the death battle is good, maybe a mashup of the Cortex and Ripto fight themes.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Seeing the Crash Trilogy trailer on the Direct and then getting the Smash Switch reveal made me seriously believe that there's a chance this might actually happen. I only played the first Crash game and Crash Team Racing back in the day, but I've always thought the character would fit just fine in Smash.

Put me in the Support list.
Do yourself a favor and pick up the Trilogy when it comes to Switch. Those first three games haven't aged perfectly, but they're still a blast. And Crash 2 and 3 definitely improved on the first one.

Bummer that CTR isn't there, that one was great too.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Do yourself a favor and pick up the Trilogy when it comes to Switch. Those first three games haven't aged perfectly, but they're still a blast. And Crash 2 and 3 definitely improved on the first one.

Bummer that CTR isn't there, that one was great too.
That's definitely something I'm planning to do. I don't have a PS4 so I can't play it right now, but it's definitely in the list of games I'm getting for the Switch.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I can smell a CTR remake happening which is probably going to increase Crash's chances

Think his current company has contacted Nintendo about putting him in Smash for more sales?

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
i want these so badly

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Looking at Desk of Screw Attack's episode on Crash (why did they have to end on RL Bandicoot Triva? I swear Australia is the Dark Net of Biology) got me wondering, if Crash was in Smash would they use his original design or his Japanese design?

Or would they change the model and texture depending on what language the game's running in?

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Looking at Desk of Screw Attack's episode on Crash (why did they have to end on RL Bandicoot Triva? I swear Australia is the Dark Net of Biology) got me wondering, if Crash was in Smash would they use his original design or his Japanese design?

Or would they change the model and texture depending on what language the game's running in?
Wouldn't it be easier to have both costumes as alternate outfits?

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Here I am again, folks! Last but not least I'm bringing the final compilation of Nintendo story; --Crash is my most wanted 3rd Party guest now, I think he would be most impactful due his gaming icon status and old rivarly with Nintendo back in the PS1 days (would be a similar deal of having Sonic in Brawl). So here there are, all the Nintendo appearences of our bandicoot! ^^

*I didn't count tiny little cameos on Spyro games, but I do knowledge of their existence

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I'll go ahead and say that I only want Crash if he has his original design/that from the N. Sane trilogy. The titans era Crash/Skylanders Crash were cancerous.
I think it's literally guaranted at this point that the titans/mutants design will never return.

I think that the Skylanders designs are just a skylanders thing, those probably won't appear in main games or smash.

Also, Sakurai has a tendency of always choosing classic designs for iconic characters, and Crash definitely wouldn't be an exception, specially considering how well the NST did with the Classic design

D

Deleted member

I think it's literally guaranted at this point that the titans/mutants design will never return.

I think that the Skylanders designs are just a skylanders thing, those probably won't appear in main games or smash.

Also, Sakurai has a tendency of always choosing classic designs for iconic characters, and Crash definitely wouldn't be an exception, specially considering how well the NST did with the Classic design
It's also worth noting that barring NST, none of these games were released in Japan. Even if Sakurai has any knowledge of Titans, Mind over Mutant, or his Skylanders appearance, he probably wouldn't pick a design that's not as globally recognizable.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I used to tolerate more the of the Titans/Mind over Mutant design when it was recent.. I said for myself that it's okay to have a redesign as long the games were good.. but, wasn't exactly the case >.>.. But even Activision seems to agree, that even before Crash's hiatus, they reverted him to his TwinSanity/Tag Team Racing desing in his last appearence in Nitro Kart 2 on Mobile (2008).

Now on regards of the Skylanders design, is actually the same old Crash, just adequated to that particular artstyle of the series. I like quite a lot, actually, since it's closer of Charles Zambillas design than any of other Crash appearence.

But I wouldn't worry with Crash's look in Smash, he definetly would look exactly like in N. Sane Trilogy, which is nothing more than his Naughty Dog design but modernized. =)

--Also, if anyone is interested, here's the list I posted before in Tweet form, to spread and make some noise about Crash and Nintendo affinity ~

https://twitter.com/CyberWolf_JV/status/978426592773967872

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I'm waiting for someone to do the new drake & josh meme on crash 3's electric barriers

SonicMario

Smash Master
You guys will most likely have to wait until the DLC period for any shot at Crash making it. But if Cloud made it, Crash is far from an impossibility. If there's any new 3rd parties included right from the get go, I feel Rayman's the most likely. But Crash could be one of the frontrunners for 3rd Party DLC.

I do really like the Crash franchise. And while I already have the N. Sane Trilogy on my PS4 I'm heavily considering double dipping on the Switch version. Because the ability to play the original trilogy on the go is just that appealing. So I'll certainly be somewhat rooting for Crash once DLC hits.

If he does, I hope Crash Twinsanity's theme makes it in. I know Twinsanity isn't quite as iconic as a game as the original trilogy, but it's soundtrack (And the humor in many cutscenes) is certainly what I imagine when I think of Crash Bandicoot.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I think people are underdestimenting Crash's chances of being in the base game. Sure, he can be DLC and I'll happily accept that, but some are saying that because of N. Sane Trilogy being a 2017 title (2018 now on Switch) and the roster for the next Smash being decided in mid/late 2016. But see, the thing is that N. Sane Trilogy was announced in 2016 and all the coy play of Activision regarding the PS4 exclusivity since the annnouncement, made it clear the game was planned to be later in other systems since the beggining.

Additionally, of course, we have Skylanders Imaginators which was released that same year and in multiple systems.. Wii U included (where you had our first crossover between Crash characters and Mario/DK characters).

Nintendo was closer to Activision at the time yes, mainly because of Skylanders and probably they were aware of Crash imminent return (and they should, since their characters was about to have a crossover with him) and that also resulted in Imaginators being a launch title for Switch (and with the feature of keep all your Skylanders after just one scan, which pretty much means its somekind of definitive edition).

Of course, the significance of N. Sane Trilogy on Switch is absurdly bigger than any Skylanders game, but what I'm saying there's reasons to believe that Nintendo was at least aware of all this situation of Crash revival while the Smash roster was being decided. We also have to count the Ballot, were he probably was decently requested.

but wathever is the case, I think he has a great shot of being in the game this time and proably the guest character that would generate more good marketing for the game.

StormC

Smash Hero
Crash would be a bigger reveal than pretty much any other practical third party I can think of. He's on the level of Cloud. Nintendo and Sakurai know this. The question of him getting into the game is less of a matter of yes or no but timing instead. I'm 50/50 on whether or not things worked out for him to get into the base game; if development started a year later, I'd feel a lot more confident on it (which is how I feel for a lot of characters like Rex/Pyra and Spring Man; makes me think maybe Nintendo jumped the gun a wee bit too early on this game, unless they plan to go for broke on ballot characters). But he should a DLC frontrunner if not.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Crash definitely would sell very well alone as DLC, he has the marketing appeal. But I'd rather have him in the base game.. besides, other good contenders as guests for Smash wouldn't set the world on fire.. Bomberman and Rayman are good choices, but not nearly as impactul as Crash.

either way, I'll be here supporting him until the end =)

SonicMario

Smash Master
Him being in the base game would be something I'd be more then happy to be wrong about. I'll still doubt it, but that would only make the excitement bigger if it did happen ^^

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Him being in the base game would be something I'd be more then happy to be wrong about. I'll still doubt it, but that would only make the excitement bigger if it did hapen ^^
I think it's VERY possible for Crash to be the last Smash Bros. surprise at E3. They did build hype with megaman in the same way for smash 4 before.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'm watching the official Activision Twitch stream, and the streamer was asked if they'd like to see Crash Bandicoot in Smash Bros., and he said, "That'd be awesome!" but also admitted to having no sway over Activision's decisions. So take the statement with a grain of salt, but it WAS on an Activision stream.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
great that people actually asked this! I hope this leads for more and more questions and more talk! =D

I remember pre-E3 when Pac-Man was not announced yet, every little opportunity people had, they asked about Pac in Smash for Bandai NAMCO.

Morbi

Scavenger
great that people actually asked this! I hope this leads for more and more questions and more talk! =D

I remember pre-E3 when Pac-Man was not announced yet, every little opportunity people had, they asked about Pac in Smash for Bandai NAMCO.
Pac-Man probably would have made it in regardless; however, I am definitely happy that people are talking about Crash and putting it in people's minds. That can only lead to great things.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Woah.

I feel like now that we got some of the more essential 3rd parties out of the way, as well mother friggin Cloud of all people, I think Cresh Banooka is next in line.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
If he does, I hope Crash Twinsanity's theme makes it in. I know Twinsanity isn't quite as iconic as a game as the original trilogy, but it's soundtrack (And the humor in many cutscenes) is certainly what I imagine when I think of Crash Bandicoot.
That music's so out there, yet so him. Perfect for a shocking random occurrence on he stage.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'm not surprised. During all the previous rate their chances threads there was thoughts of the Crash franchise being effectively dead since I don't think the N. Sane Trilogy was known about yet. Now not only is Crash effectively back in business, that trilogy is headed to the Switch for full throttle Smash hype.

It probably helps with how much 3rd Party characters blew up in Smash 4. This is Post-Cloud, Ryu, and Bayonetta after all.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm not surprised. During all the previous rate their chances threads there was thoughts of the Crash franchise being effectively dead since I don't think the N. Sane Trilogy was known about yet. Now not only is Crash effectively back in business, that trilogy is headed to the Switch for full throttle Smash hype.

It probably helps with how much 3rd Party characters blew up in Smash 4. This is Post-Cloud, Ryu, and Bayonetta after all.
Apparently the Trilogy is even going to be showcased at PAX from Nintendo. That is another great sign that it was not just a standard multi-platform deal.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Hey guys! two little things ~

First, Nintendo announced their PAX East lineup and the Switch version of N. Sane Trilogy will be there! --Honestly, I don't need anything more than the factor that is Crash on Switch to be sold on the game! But it's nice that people will try it out! But also it's curious is especifically on Nintendo's booth while the game is releasing everywhere else, huh? XP (I don't know if the other versions is being showed there, but if it's, would be more natural, I think)

https://nintendoeverything.com/nint...ark-souls-remastered-wolfenstein-ii-playable/

Second, something little silly that happened to me last night.. I was browsing through the Wii U eShop, and strangely.. just by typing ''Ba'' on the search bar, the very frist suggestion is that.. with trademark and everything.. hm..

weird, considering there's no Crash game on eShop aside of Skylanders Imaginators which, without the figurine itself, have no relation to the Crash IP (and I checked the game page on Wii U.. there's no copyright for Crash there).

A little detail that don't mean much, just a curiosity ^^'

Last edited:
Top Bottom