• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

D

Deleted member

In the Death Battle with Spyro. Like I said earlier, it's weird and probably not the kind of thing they should of said (And I'm on the Autism spectrum myself).
Oh, Death Battle, the same kind of people that pretended that the "Fox has metallic legs" THEORY was canon. The same kind of guys that whenever they put a character that has multiple canon incarnations (Superman, Shredder, any comic character really) they make some weird composite character even when those incarnations have variying levels of power and their abilities and power are outright contradicted in those incarnations.

There's a reason as to why i stopped watching these guys, and now i just dislike them more and more.

.......heh...........i might as well confess that i actually wanted Crash in Smash back when i was a child, so you guys can add me to the supporter list i guess.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Since Playstation All-Stars probably wouldn't get another game, I would totally want Crash in Smash. Crash Bandicoot was my childhood. My favorite racing game is Crash Team Racing. I really want a new Crash game. It's great that Crash got a remake. But how about a new game? But one that doesn't change Crash like Crash of the Titans. More like a sequel to Twinsanity? Or a sequel to the N. Sane Trilogy? I don't know. But Crash appearing in Super Smash Bros would be a great way to put him back into the spotlight.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Oh, Death Battle, the same kind of people that pretended that the "Fox has metallic legs" THEORY was canon. The same kind of guys that whenever they put a character that has multiple canon incarnations (Superman, Shredder, any comic character really) they make some weird composite character even when those incarnations have variying levels of power and their abilities and power are outright contradicted in those incarnations.

There's a reason as to why i stopped watching these guys, and now i just dislike them more and more.

.......heh...........i might as well confess that i actually wanted Crash in Smash back when i was a child, so you guys can add me to the supporter list i guess.
Lest we not forget Composite Link vs... A beginning of the game Cloud with basic starting stuff.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Well, Autism could explain why Crash is portrayed as dumb in the cutscenes but could figure out the color patterns in the final level of Crash Twinsanity. Actually, no I don't think so. Crash is just an idiot when he's not controlled by a smart player. I wonder if they could program AI Crashes to act incompetent? No wait, Crash drives just fine in CTR. Well, intelligence is not really measurable anyway. Smart people do dumb things. The word Autism was never stated in any Crash game I've played. That would be more of something that would be stated in MatPat's Game Theory videos.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
What really surprised me is that this autism incident with death battle didn't create any kind of meme related to Crash having autism

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
What really surprised me is that this autism incident with death battle didn't create any kind of meme related to Crash having autism
Well, that Death Battle video was recently uploaded. It didn't have enough time to become a viral joke on the internet.

Sheng Long

Smash Apprentice
I'm definitely all for Crash being in Smash. He is my number 1 most wanted third party character right now.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
One aspect I would like to see is Crash having both his "American" and "Japanese" designs. Like similar to R.O.B. where Crash's default costume varies with the region, but they both get 8 costumes each similar to Little Mac's normal and "wireframe" looks.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
This is something I made for the current relavant conversations (rumors of Crash being added or not, he's a very likely candidate); I was planing to do that kind of video after my channel was more prepared to recieve more native english speakers viewers (doing more stuff with at least english subtitles), but due the circumstances and other emergencies, I made this sooner than I expected. But I hope you guys enjoy! I tried my best to take the Crash persona (even though I can never picture him talking normally like in that Skylanders TV Show ^^')

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I had a dream that at E3 they announced Crash, Rayman, Ridley, Springman, King K Rool, and Rex and Pyra. It was a good E3. Crash was awesome in the dream and he had a fun moveset.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I had a dream that at E3 they announced Crash, Rayman, Ridley, Springman, King K Rool, and Rex and Pyra. It was a good E3. Crash was awesome in the dream and he had a fun moveset.
Heh, I also had a Smash Switch dream last night... though I don't remember any new characters.

...This wait for a new preview isbegining to slowly kill me...

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
I don't seem to get dreams at night anymore. At least none that I remember. I get daydreams a lot through brainstorming stuff. But it would be great if they announced Crash at E3 along with Tails and Daisy.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
One aspect I would like to see is Crash having both his "American" and "Japanese" designs. Like similar to R.O.B. where Crash's default costume varies with the region, but they both get 8 costumes each similar to Little Mac's normal and "wireframe" looks.
I don't really see a need to do that tbh, the designs aren't that different to begin with and crash's in-game model has always stayed the same anyway

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I had one some months ago of a 8-bit Trailer where Crash was riding Spyro and they were both being announced for Smash

Last edited:

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so I've only played Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, so bare with me here. I'll do the moves I can. It can't be that hard, right? Also, please add me to the supporters!

Neutral Air - Spin Attack
Down Air - Belly Flop
Up Air - Overhead Kick

Neutral Special - Wumpa Bazooka
Side Special - Crystalized Wumpa - Crash pulls out part of a crystal and a Wumpa fruit, and he hits it with the crystal shard
Up Special - Reverse Spin

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
This is amazing.

"A hard decision for Crash Bandicoot"

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Considering Crash's history with Playstation he would likely see the Playstation path as a path toward home. Reliving his memories as being the Brand's mascot. I mean, the N-Sane Trilogy did come to Playstation 4 first.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Considering Crash's history with Playstation he would likely see the Playstation path as a path toward home. Reliving his memories as being the Brand's mascot. I mean, the N-Sane Trilogy did come to Playstation 4 first.
Honestly, Crash being in PSABR would be such a waste. He could be in a game that easily sells +10 million copies and gives huge marketing for the franchise, but is instead in a ****ty rip-off that failed horribly because Sony didn't even care about it in the first place.

PASBR doesn't deserve crash

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
It would have been a waste for Crash to join in a party/fighting game that celebrates characters that helped build the Playstation brand? There is no reason to leave him out solely because "rip-off".

Sure, Sony should have cared more. But, don't punish the fans who grew up with the likes of Crash, Spyro, Cloud, etc. because it doesn't live up to Smash Bros. Yes, Playstation Allstars deserves Crash. As well as the other Icons that built the brand.

I actually really enjoy Battle Royal and even have friends who (believe it or not) prefer Playstation Allstars to Smash Bros. Crash's history with Playstation earns him a spot countless if Playstation Allstars could live up to Smash Bros for its' first game.

I've seen quite a lot of games that first game was mediocre but the sequel greatly improves on what the first game built. Killzone 2 is a great example. In fact (while it was great) Smash Bros 64 really just laid the ground work. It was Melee that really gets the love. If Playstation Allstars got a sequel and Sony learns from its' mistakes we could see a true rival to Smash Bro.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
i don't want a "rival" for smash bros.
I want to see Crash alongside Mario, Sonic or Megaman.

What makes me sad is how you seem to care only about brands and not about the character itself.

I myself had a ps1 for my entire childhood and have fond memories of it, but that doesn't mean i have to be a slave of sony and continue to support the brand if Nintendo is doing a better job now in my point of view.

Smash Bros. is not a "nintendo characters only" celebration anymore, it is becoming a celebration for videogames icons altogether, and Crash deserves to be in there.

Crash joining the roster wouldn't be punishment for anyone. Everyone is free for choosing what kind of product they want.
You know what? I'll use your logic and say you shouldn't punish me by not allowing Mario, Kirby, Yoshi, Pokemon or Crash to be together because they all represent my childhood.

And, finally, this is a thread destined for those who support Crash's inclusion in Smash Bros. If you don't agree with it, all you need to do is ignore this thread.

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
First of all I'm not a brand slave to anyone. I like the idea of all 3 having their own separate cross overs. I honestly want them all. I'd even take a Sega crossover brawler.

The reason why I'd say you were "punishing Crash fans" is you don't want Crash in Playstation Allstars because you don't like the game itself. Nothing to do with the character or the reasons he'd fit into Playstation Allstars.

Super Smash Bros and Playstation Allstars are like the DC and Marvel of video games. They having their own characters in their own shared universes. It's just Smash Bros is expanding. I'm not saying Crash should never appear in Smash Bros. I've held the mind set that as Crash was the mascot for Playstation and he should have been in Allstars.

You say "PASBR doesn't deserve Crash". That doesn't make sense when you look at his history.

Finally, even with Support threads they allow both opinions to be heard those for and those against. Just is meant to be kept civil.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Guess i let my love for this character get the better of me, i'm sorry

Anyway, i was under the impression that you were implying for a long time now that Crash should be in PASBR only and not Smash Bros.
If that's not the case them my bad. Me saying that he doesn't deserve PASBR was just a defensive reaction for my misinterpretation. In reality if he somehow end in both games i wouldn't complain.

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
It's OK. I've just seen too many people hate Playstation Allstars solely because Sony made their own Smash Bros. (I actually prefer Smash Bros over Playstation Allstars myself)

I will also apologize for not being clear or up front. Crash is a video game icon. Just never sat right with me that he and Spyro were left out of Allstars.

*extends hand for handshake*

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Playstation All-Stars could have sold better if Crash and Spyro were included. Maybe they were saving them for Playstation All-Stars 2? Well, looks like the controversy around that game may have cancelled some sequels. But maybe Crash and Spyro would be welcome in Smash Bros. I mean, they do have some games on GBA, Gamecube, Wii and the N. Sane Trilogy is coming to the Switch.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
PlayStation all stars would have sold well if it was a good game.

It was not, and the roster was not the biggest problem.

Yes there were noticeable omissions, but the game played like poop. Only super kills and the game felt clunky af. The online was a mess, only like slightly better than Brawls.

People like the idea of PSAbR. They don’t like the game. Make it play better and then all the effort put into it will be worth it. Not like it will ever happen. It bombed kinda.

Why do I support Crash in smash over psabr? Because I want him in a game with prestige. I don’t want him in a bad platform fighter that failed. I want him in the greatest crossover in gaming history.

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Honestly, I liked the Super system. It was more that is was unbalanced in my opinion than it being bad (if we got a sequel I'd say keep the Super system but balance it and call it the "classic mode" then add a new mode that people might gravitate to more). I think if Sony learns anything from Allstars and really puts the effort that not only fans demand but expect; then it could really earn praise. That is what they did with Killzone 2. Take the foundation the first game created and built off that.

At any rate this is about Crash (and somehow by extension Spyro). Sorry for getting your discussion off topic.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Oh yeah, Donkey Kong and Bowser were in Skylanders with Crash. Though DK and Bowser were Wii U exclusive in Superchargers and Crash was PS4 exclusive in Imaginators.
Crash wasn't an exclusive for Sony. They bundled him and Cortex with the PS3 and PS4 versions of Skylanders Imaginators, but he was compatible with all the other versions of the game on day one. After a while, they started selling the figures alone.

That's a screenshot from the Wii U version. --The Switch version was released on launch day, so Crash was already on the system since the beggining.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So I am proud to say that in the most wanted newcomer bracket Crash is a #1 seed! Considering the others include Rayman and Banjo Kazooie I think it is a good sign Crash support is spreading to an extent.

Top Bottom