• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I got a dank meme.
(Not meant to be taken as a detraction)
But it sorta speaks to the multiple views in the community.

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I got a dank meme.
(Not meant to be taken as a detraction)
But it sorta speaks to the multiple views in the community.

This reminds me of when someone made a post on the Smash Bros. Switch speculation thread explaining how each third party character broke a certain "rule" the community had for characters in Smash Bros. when they came out.

Crash will break the "no western 3rd party characters" next. Just wait and see.

Last edited:

WonderOne

Smash Rookie
Wanna support Crash for Smash!! I have fond memories of playing the original first 3 games of the PS1 and given his rich history on Nintendo consoles since 2001, and the upcoming N-Sane Trilogy for Switch, I really think his chances are good! Not to mention it would just be awesome to see him alongside Mario and the other characters in Smash!

He's gonna be my 3rd party pick for this game!

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
It has been obvious for a long time already that a Spyro trilogy remaster is coming, this is just yet another indication of it.
It's just a matter of when the announcement is going to be made, and my guess is at E3 this year.
Dood... this is just like the Inklings Smash Eye thing!

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I think tha's just a coincidence, it's clear that the objective of the first image is to emphasize the purple color reflecting on Crash's face, we can't take this as a signal crash is coming to smash so prematurely like that

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
So, as most of you are probably aware already, the Spyro Resmaster trailer got leaked. The game's looking really bealtiful imo and i'm really excited for it. Souds weird that it's listed to be released on the Ps4 and the XBOX ONE on September but not the Switch. I guess they're going to port it to the Switch later for some reason.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Well, the Spyro trilogy remakes is definitely coming to Switch in a later date. The Nintendo UK website listing was already enough concrete evidence imo, but Direct Feed Games contacted them and they replied that yes, the game is coming but they have no information about the release date.

In my opinion is just Activision trying to not canibalizing N. Sane Trilogy sales on Switch, which I imagine they have high hopes since it's a highly antecipating game on a house known for being favorable to platform games.

Plus, I must add this is Toys for Bob we're talking; they're very used already with Switch development, since they already had Skylanders Imaginators on the system and they're also the responsible for the Crash port ~

I have no real attachment to Spyro as much I have with Crash, but I'll get the remakes later when being released on Switch. For now, I'm just happy I can play N. Sane Trilogy finally ^^

D

Deleted member

I just realized that I forgot to post this here
Crash Spyro alt.png

It's a palette swap based off Spyro's color scheme. I made that a few days ago.
What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Not the best comparison considering Pac is in a different shade of yellow.
I'll try to fix this tho
It was just meant as a bit of a joke, not something serious, but for a more direct comparison:
Capture.PNG

It's looking quite green :p

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Crash was my very first video game ever. Him being in Smash with icons such as Sonic, Mega Man and PAC Man would be a dream come true. Sign me up!

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
So given past events, I'd say the reveal of a third party character is extremely likely during E3. I'm gonna go ahead and call it, and say it's going to be Crash. I feel like he's one of the few characters left that are both feasible and capable of generating a great deal of hype. I could be wrong of course, maybe they'll skip this reveal pattern altogether, but I feel like he's the only one that can truely carry the show!

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
If Crash gets revealed as a Smash Bros. Character in this E3 it will be marked in the videogame history.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I have an old issue of Popular Mechanics that has an article comparing the specs and processing power of the N64, the PlayStation and the Sega Saturn. It comes with an original illustration of Mario, Sonic and Crash in a "Good, the Bad and the Ugly" style Mexican standoff. I would love to be able to recreate that in Smash.

For Electronic Gaming Monthly's 100th issue way back in the late 90s, they had a foldout cover with dozens of video game characters. The three most prominent? Mario, Sonic... and Crash. Crash was a big deal back in the day, and I'm really glad the Nsane Trilogy has been successful. He's one of the all- time icons of the medium and absolute deserves to throw down with Mega Man and Pac-Man and the like.

And as a fringe bonus, be would be only the second character in Smash history to be of non-Japanese origin. The only other one is Diddy Kong.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, that Death Battle featuring Crash and Spyro came out...

Unfortunately, Crash is the loser.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I feel like ScrewAttack released this at the perfect time:

Now if only we could see this in Smash...

EDIT:

Well, that Death Battle featuring Crash and Spyro came out...

Unfortunately, Crash is the loser.
It was a good fight!

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
So, Crash has been diagnosed with Autism, apparently.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So, Crash has been diagnosed with Autism, apparently.
Yeah, I found that part of the video weird.

I doubt Naughty Dog had autism on their mind when they designed Crash. Just for him to be a Looney Tune animal that's hyperactively insane.

SonicMario

Smash Master
As someone with Autism myself, yeah... I'm not too sure about that part. It might give some people the wrong idea or even give a sort of stereotype. When there's a very wide spectrum. It's not a problem if you want to headcanon a fictional character with a diagnosis so perhaps some can relate to a character. But I don't know if you want to do that to explain why they act a certain way, especially when they're a cartoon mascot.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Crash is a failed experiment which could be the reason for his behavior. I wonder why they didn't think about that when considering his personality and just ramdonly assumed he had autism.

Also, i didn't like how the battle ended. Spyro turned into his evil counterpart which was the only reason he won apparently. Plus, since Sparx is dead, this means Spyro decided to be stuck on his evil form forever just to win a Death Battle.

It also doesn't make sense how they choose Spyro's "best generation" and ignored Crash's abilities to control the titans, honestly.

Last edited:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Also, i didn't like how the battle ended. Spyro turned into his evil counterpart which was the only reason he won apparently. Plus, since Sparx is dead, this means Spyro decided to be stuck on his evil form forever just to win a Death Battle.

It also doesn't make sense how they choose Spyro's "best generation" and ignored Crash's abilities to control the titans, honestly.
You kind of have to throw that stuff out the window when you're already making good guys fight to the death. If Spyro is going to straight up murder a guy then I don't think you have to worry about whether or not he's willing to 'give in to the dark side'.

And Crash's ability to control titans doesn't make him better in a fight, it just gives him powerful allies essentially. At that point it becomes a Death Battle between Spyro and the Titans, not Spyro and Crash.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Crash is a failed experiment which could be the reason for his behavior. I wonder why they didn't think about that when considering his personality and just ramdonly assumed he had autism.

Skylanders gave Spyro the immunity to Mind Manipulation which is essentially what jacking is. Even then, he has to beat the monsters into submission first.

They also completely discounted the planet feat for whatever reason.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Probably the most deserving 3rd part character at this point, it would be awesome to see him fight against Mario and Sonic. The problem I see him facing is that Sakurai probably decided the roster before the resurgence of Crash happened. I'm not sure Sakurai would add him at a time where a lot of fans lost interest in the character after the franchise being seemingly dead, with the last several games being so poorly received. Also Sakurai seems to have a bias in representing Japanese games. That being said Crash is still a very iconic character who was really popular in Japan during his PS1 days. I could still see it happening, and I hope it does.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Probably the most deserving 3rd part character at this point, it would be awesome to see him fight against Mario and Sonic. The problem I see him facing is that Sakurai probably decided the roster before the resurgence of Crash happened. I'm not sure Sakurai would add him at a time where a lot of fans lost interest in the character after the franchise being seemingly dead, with the last several games being so poorly received. Also Sakurai seems to have a bias in representing Japanese games. That being said Crash is still a very iconic character who was really popular in Japan during his PS1 days. I could still see it happening, and I hope it does.
Crash has never lost his status as an iconic character and his popularity is definitely back (proof of it is the NST sales getting close to 5 million on the ps4 alone) and Nintendo already showed us that they recognize it by calling crash a "gaming icon" on the Nintendo Direct.

Also, the NST was definitely planned to be an 1 year ps4 exclusive since the beggining which means Sakurai definitely had knowledge of it coming to the Switch at least since 2016 (maybe even 2015)

As for the 3rd Party not japanese character issue, Crash himself is very popular in Japan and i firmly believe he's very possible to be the character that will break this "rule".

Also, as a Bonus, DK and Bowser have appeared alongside Crash on Skylanders which also increase his chances.

Last edited:
Top Bottom