• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Since we are talking about pizza, my favorite pizza restaurant is Star Pizza in Houston. The place was founded by real Italians from Italy and all the ingredients and the dough are baked in the restaurant in old fashion ovens I believe. You can customize your pizza to be either a New York style or Chicago style and add any ingredients you wish on your pizza. If any of y'all ever come to Houston, you need to check out Star Pizza as they literally have the best pizza I have ever eaten.

I made a Noid spirit battle.

The Giant Rat Monster The Giant Rat Monster that is a very mystical avatar you have there. It's literally gold.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The hell?

So, for the record, The Noid previously had a game on NES by Capcom (that's a reskin for a Japanese game).

But, uh, I guess we haven't left odd tie-ins behind, huh.

I've been out of the loop lately with school and all

So what's been popping? Any news worthy for Crash making Smash? Or who the new DLC fighters are?
Nah, you can resume your schoolwork until the second full week or so of June rolls around, so no worries.

And even if Activision doesn't show up, for whatever reason, that doesn't make Crash any less likely to be revealed at E3, since Activision doesn't really need to be their for the reveal. Personally, I wouldn't worry too much.
Yeah, I've been thinking that. Won't it make it even more of a surprise if they aren't mentioned as showing up? Besides, nothing says they couldn't be featured in a Nintendo Direct if they don't hold a press conference.

Just in case though, I'll wait and see if Acti pops up in Summer Game Fest's schedule. If not, it'll be even more conspicuous.

Last edited:

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
So here's something I was thinking of plus a tweet from the Crash account and E3 actually has me intrigued.

To start off with my personal theory of there being Crash stuff announced in the month of June (regardless if it's Smash or not) and it is something I mentioned before in here, but something I thought to bring up again.

#1: Crash stuff revealed in June 2021? Not that far off actually...

Ever since the N-Sane Trilogy announcement back in June 2016 during E3, there has ALWAYS been Crash stuff either announced or Crash stuff being released during the month of June.

2016: E3 announcement of N-Sane Trilogy
2017: N-Sane Trilogy released
2018: N-Sane Trilogy ports released
2019: Nitro Fueled released
2020: It's About Time officially announced
2021: ???

I think the odds of a Crash announcement of either a new game (which is more then likely going to be Wumpa League) or our dream announcement (Crash Bandicoot revealed for Smash) have pretty damn good odds of happening (although the Crash to Smash one would've needed to be agreed on for a while now, but still a good chance regardless) so something to keep in mind as far as that's concerned. (EDIT: Also this year is his 25th anniversary so that really does increase the chance of a Crash announcement at either E3 or within the month of June)

#2: Crash & E3 tweets look rather familiar... hmmm

I'm very full aware that these tweets could very well have no connection to one another or it means absolutely nothing, but the theory brain was at work so I figured to go on head and give it some thought.

So yesterday (April 27th) the Crash twitter posted this tweet with the caption: (https://twitter.com/CrashBandicoot/status/1387088958509633537) and the tweet basically meant nothing in the sense of an hint other then just a nice tweet with a family orientated meaning "No better feeling than playing with family & friends :)"

But then E3 this morning posted their tweet as well when they announced the three people who will be hosting this years show, with the first part of the tweet sounding pretty familiar to what the Crash twitter account said, the first half of the E3 tweet is this: "Sometimes games are more fun with friends, and #E32021 is no different."

As mentioned before, I'm aware that it could mean absolutely NOTHING and serves no type of connection between both tweets other then it just it being a pure coincidence. But just the fact that they have a VERY similar message of playing with friends & family (although the family part was only exclusive in the Crash tweet) is something to keep an eye on, considering the few hints/theories that are out there in regards of seeing Crash one way or another at this years E3.

1619652707775.png
1619652727153.png

Last edited:

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
So here's something I was thinking of plus a tweet from the Crash account and E3 actually has me intrigued.

To start off with my personal theory of there being Crash stuff announced in the month of June (regardless if it's Smash or not) and it is something I mentioned before in here, but something I thought to bring up again.

#1: Crash stuff revealed in June 2021? Not that far off actually...

Ever since the N-Sane Trilogy announcement back in June 2016 during E3, there has ALWAYS been Crash stuff either announced or Crash stuff being released during the month of June.

I think the odds of a Crash announcement of either a new game (which is more then likely going to be Wumpa League) or our dream announcement (Crash Bandicoot revealed for Smash) have pretty damn good odds of happening (although the Crash to Smash one would've needed to be agreed on for a while now, but still a good chance regardless) so something to keep in mind as far as that's concerned.

#2: Crash & E3 tweets look rather familiar... hmmm

I'm very full aware that these tweets could very well have no connection to one another or it means absolutely nothing, but the theory brain was at work so I figured to go on head and give it some thought.

So yesterday (April 27th) the Crash twitter posted this tweet with the caption: (https://twitter.com/CrashBandicoot/status/1387088958509633537) and the tweet basically meant nothing in the sense of an hint other then just a nice tweet with a family orientated meaning "No better feeling than playing with family & friends :)"

But then E3 this morning posted their tweet as well when they announced the three people who will be hosting this years show, with the first part of the tweet sounding pretty familiar to what the Crash twitter account said, the first half of the E3 tweet is this: "Sometimes games are more fun with friends, and #E32021 is no different."

As mentioned before, I'm aware that it could mean absolutely NOTHING and serves no type of connection between both tweets other then it just it being a pure coincidence. But just the fact that they have a VERY similar message of playing with friends & family (although the family part was only exclusive in the Crash tweet) is something to keep an eye on, considering the few hints/theories that are out there in regards of seeing Crash one way or another at this years E3.

View attachment 313090View attachment 313092
Yea, there's no doubt that Crash coming to Smash Bros. and we kinda see this one coming from the 5 year plan leak. But I'm excited overall.

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
Yea, there's no doubt that Crash coming to Smash Bros. and we kinda see this one coming from the 5 year plan leak. But I'm excited overall.
Ironically, I think the 2021 slot of the 5 year plan is the only thing about the plan that is really up for debate because everything else did happen as the plan alleged they would. I don't think he's 110% confirmed to be in yet, but he has a VERY good shot of being one of the last two DLC slots (I give it 75-85% just to have some realistic thoughts in there) considering of what he brings to the table, the hints thus far, and etc.

We'll see what happens, but we're almost there to June y'all!

Side note: https://twitter.com/WalmartCAGaming/status/1387470527443374083 <<-- I think it's once again safe to say that Walmart Canada really loves Crash and that makes me happy :)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
On the case of Crash x Noid:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Okay, but who gets confused by the right way to eat pizza? Crust first or not.

For what it's worth, well known leaks can still result in a character happening regardless of measures taken for DLC. Both :ulthero: and :ultsteve: were leaked by both real and fake insiders long before they eventually became confirmed (plus Steve took years of planning to add, to boot).

Well, that and Acti are the worst at keeping their stuff secret.

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Ok guys can anyone explain this confusion regarding whether or not Activision and other companies were confirmed for e3??? First I heard they were confirmed, then I heard the list was a mistake, and then I heard the real list was shown or something, and now I'm hearing people say this new list is also a mistake?? I'm just so confused

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Ok guys can anyone explain this confusion regarding whether or not Activision and other companies were confirmed for e3??? First I heard they were confirmed, then I heard the list was a mistake, and then I heard the real list was shown or something, and now I'm hearing people say this new list is also a mistake?? I'm just so confused
This is E3 we're talking about. Get used to it...

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion

Don't forget. We got Crash 4 ports this year.
So, technically the quota for 2021 would already be filled.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
TFB's been shoved into the Call of Duty mines.
I wouldn't be surprised if Activision only did this because Crash 4 didn't sell as weel as they'd hoped.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
TFB's been shoved into the Call of Duty mines.
I wouldn't be surprised if Activision only did this because Crash 4 didn't sell as weel as they'd hoped.
Or because it’s a small thing to do now that the crash 4 ports are done. Similar to Beenox helping in Crash 4 after CTR. Noting imo to go doomsday over.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
See what happens when you give Activision the benefit of the doubt?
Why do I have a feeling Activision will ruin Crash (and maybe Spyro) again sometime after this news?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Is it bad that now I'm concerned about the future of our beloved bandicoot after the news of TFB being relegated to make COD stuff?
Don't worry, a LOT of people are...
See what happens when you give Activision the benefit of the doubt?
sigh

The worst part is that this isn't even the first time Activision did something like this.
Looking back at it now, thank God Microsoft got Rare instead of Activision back in the day as they would bury Rare deeper than Microsoft did.
People give Microsoft a lot of flack for their "buying out other companies" strategy, but at least they CARE about the companies they buy.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Why do I have a feeling Activision will ruin Crash (and maybe Spyro) again sometime after this news?
Simple. Because it's Activision. Running franchises into the ground and siphoning out energy into the black hole that is CoD is their trademark calling card at this point.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Never give Activision the benefit of the doubt. You give them an inch. They'll take a country-wide amount of miles.

Top Bottom