• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Hawk: you have brought shame among the hawks

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
HEY SEB TONIGHT MORE OF THAT SSF4 oh yea and idk about your main pick you dont seem like the patient type so thats why i thought dudley was a good pick for you

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Your new nickname? :p

I completely sucked last night except for that one match that I won. :laugh:
LOL but that one match was ****. Plus they'll never forget me, Balrog guy ;)

I find it funny how Seb was like "I'm going to main Balrog because he's the Falcon of Street Fighter."

Loooool.
You're **** right he is. No projectile and he's gotta find openings and then pound them into oblivion!

Reioumu

Smash Lord
how long ago was that pic? Jeez.

Also finished all the fei long, Gen, and Makoto trials. I guess I'll work on the rest later.

Also undefeated netplay champ here. Haven't lost a match. All 3 of them!!! lol

Laijin

Smash Hero
The horror movie that will destory Nightmare on Elm street in sales this summer....
I love that catch line "Sciences newest miracle..is a mistake!"
Really leaves ya on the edge of your seat there.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
The horror movie that will destory Nightmare on Elm street in sales this summer....
I love that catch line "Sciences newest miracle..is a mistake!"
Really leaves ya on the edge of your seat there.

Yeah I randomly saw the trailer for this movie like 3 months ago on one of my movie subscriptions on youtube. I liked what I saw.

I kinda didn't like that they showed what she looks like when she ages.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Guillermo Del Toro presents?!?!?!?

HAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHHA

There goes all the good will that Pan's Labyrinth garnered. WHat a god**** shame

and **** you George I hate cameras

unless I'm filming you as a samurai with one ;)

NEW CLOTHES

~rh

Smash Lord
Splice looks tight, just looked up a little info about it

Elsa and Clive, two young rebellious scientists, defy legal and ethical boundaries and forge ahead with a dangerous experiment: splicing together human and animal DNA to create a new organism. Named "Dren", the creature rapidly develops from a deformed female infant into a beautiful but dangerous winged human-chimera, who forges a bond with both of her creators - only to have that bond turn deadly

Phantasms_8

Smash Rookie
Guillermo Del Toro presents?!?!?!?

HAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHHA

There goes all the good will that Pan's Labyrinth garnered. WHat a god**** shame

and **** you George I hate cameras

unless I'm filming you as a samurai with one ;)

NEW CLOTHES

Please tell me you lost it.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Nah, my camera broke a few years back, but I still have the tapes :laugh:

and I'll tell ya, they contain 2 hours of gold. To think that you, Mike, and I made such an unbelievably bad and laughably ambitious sequence of useless footage is nothing short of hysterical.

You know you laughed your *** off at the fact that it took me six minutes to get Mike to deliver one line without him laughing and ruining the take. Just as I laughed at your amazing, "new clothes", line and just as Mike laughed at my Morpheus scene, just as we ALL laughed at Mike's ridiculous Ringwraith costume. Looking back I'm so glad he burned alive in that thing, it was punishment for his atrocious acting. And who could forget MEHDI or the priceless makeshift mace and sword HAHA

This is what happens when extrememly young people try to make fun of something, they fail miserably. But now thanks to you I will find a replacement camera to upload the footage so we can all watch it again!

g-regulate

Smash Hero
laijin you still dont get it man
I had to bend over backwards to make this melee, and now no one wants to come?!!?!
look at what youre paying for

There are no other fighters today, it is ALL open to us.
We get to play until the tournament finishes.
Food and Drink are for sale.
There will be AT LEAST 5 setups, with more ready to go if the turnout is bigger

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Your fault buddy, we tried for the last 2 years to convince you of Brawl's awfulness and how it only hindered your Melee game but still you continued to play. It's a shame, if you had come to this realization 6 or more months ago you could have been beast for Pound 4.

I'll most likely be at Shell Shocked so we can play there if you're still going.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
OK, let me break it down for you.

The owner wanted STRICTLY brawl because it appeals to a bigger and younger fan base. I've tried to get it changed but he was never keen.

So after telling him for months that melee still has a decent scene around this area, and that they would all come to a melee tournament, and that certain people specifically told me they would come to a melee C3, and promising that the turnout would be good.... it's gonna be small.... again.

We don't even have to share with Street fighter players, we get the whole venue.

speaking of Street Fighter.... whatever happened to the "Play the better game, not the newer game" thumbs that i used to know? That was the whole reasoning for not playing brawl right?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
OK, let me break it down for you.

The owner wanted STRICTLY brawl because it appeals to a bigger and younger fan base. I've tried to get it changed but he was never keen.

So after telling him for months that melee still has a decent scene around this area, and that they would all come to a melee tournament, and that certain people specifically told me they would come to a melee C3, and promising that the turnout would be good.... it's gonna be small.... again.

We don't even have to share with Street fighter players, we get the whole venue.

speaking of Street Fighter.... whatever happened to the "Play the better game, not the newer game" thumbs that i used to know? That was the whole reasoning for not playing brawl right?
That mentality is still there, as Melee is still the best game. I hated SF4 and that's precisely WHY I stopped playing it only weeks after I got it. But now SSF4 has improved GREATLY on the weaknesses of the original and it's something new and fun and good to learn. I'm going to play it seriously for a while, and if I find in the next few months that it isn't fun anymore, I'll stop playing. The whole reasoning for not playing Brawl was because it's the worst game ever made, not because Melee is better, EVERYTHING else is better than Brawl. So a more accurate statement would be, "Don't play a ****ty game".

Understand this, I don't play Mele as much NOT because of SF but for other reasons. I'm also pretty sure you know I've hated C3 for years now, not merely because it hosted Brawl tournaments.

I'll still go to the occasional Shell Shocked or Sypher's tourny because those are more relaxed atmospheres and people go to have fun and it is not just about the ****ing tournament. When you play Melee, or any game for that matter, seriously and don't calm the **** down and play it layed back as well it GETS BORING AND STUPID AND ANNOYING. So I don't need to go to a place I hate, pay more money than I have to, possibly get ripped off in payouts, and have no one to play with once the tourny's over (cause y'all leave once you've made your money).

Playing Melee just for fun is waaaay better, and that's why those smaller tournies appeal to me.

Top Bottom