• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Hawk: you have brought shame among the hawks

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
yeah we was at the mall, and he kept saying "oh look its boss". everytime he saw................well you get the idea xD
did not.. -_- lol

You're an evil person :(:(:(:(:(:(
I got hacked... the last sentence

now I'm pissed... -___-

WHOEVER HACK MY ACCOUNT, LOG ME OFF.................
IT'S GET ****ING ANNOYING..............

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
twilight is the shiznit

edit: WHOEVER THAT HACKED MY ACCOUNT PLEASE SUCK A ****, AND PLEASE LOG OUT
JOSE ????? I'll bang your taco and your gf, if it was you....
im 2 seconds away from seriously beating ur ***.....:mad:

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Man... I rewatched this scene from monster... Spoiler for those who haven't watched it, but god **** it's a great scene.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6rurhgwDQc

You guys need to learn how to log off when you log into someone else's computer...

edit: Man I rewatched another scene where Johan completely mind****s that kid by making him go into the red light district to look for his mom. God****.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Man... I rewatched this scene from monster... Spoiler for those who haven't watched it, but god **** it's a great scene.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6rurhgwDQc

You guys need to learn how to log off when you log into someone else's computer...
Grimmer was by far my favorite character in Monster, in fact he was the best part of the entire show. That ending is such a cop out because we never see him transform into the Magnificent Steiner (or his rendition of it) and even worse, it just cuts away right before his moment in the sun. You don't ****ing build up for 70 god **** episodes to NEVER see what happens when he goes insane!

That is NOT how you end something like that. All build up and no pay off

In the immortal words of Chekhov: "When you bring a gun onstage in the first act, it has to be fired in the third."

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Grimmer was by far my favorite character in Monster, in fact he was the best part of the entire show. That ending is such a cop out because we never see him transform into the Magnificent Steiner (or his rendition of it) and even worse, it just cuts away right before his moment in the sun. You don't ****ing build up for 70 god **** episodes to NEVER see what happens when he goes insane!

That is NOT how you end something like that. All build up and no pay off

In the immortal words of Chekhov: "When you bring a gun onstage in the first act, it has to be fired in the third."
Eh, you don't quite understand the complexities of monster. It's a psychological thriller. And he even says that he took out the 4 people from 2 different buildings by himself, not as the Magnificent Steiner. You really need to think about it and how it all relates to the picture book. The plot is really deep and just amazing. Also the hallucination Tenma has in ep 74 was crazy lol. When Johan is sitting up staring at him. I started to rewatch several scenes, and seeing the ending (with some of the flashbacks) makes Johan's previous actions make a whole lot of sense.

I'm sorry, but Monster is god**** amazing. I sure didn't watch it for action. Monster's story is also scary as **** from it's practicality, the logic behind everything.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Eh, you don't quite understand the complexities of monster. It's a psychological thriller. And he even says that he took out the 4 people from 2 different buildings by himself, not as the Magnificent Steiner. You really need to think about it and how it all relates to the picture book. The plot is really deep and just amazing. Also the hallucination Tenma has in ep 74 was crazy lol. When Johan is sitting up staring at him. I started to rewatch several scenes, and seeing the ending (with some of the flashbacks) makes Johan's previous actions make a whole lot of sense.

I'm sorry, but Monster is god**** amazing. I sure didn't watch it for action. Monster's story is also scary as **** from it's practicality, the logic behind everything.
I liked Monster a good deal, however it was very drawn out. There were some episodes that had no purpose at all. I understood all the complexities, as a psychological thriller it's a success for sure, which is why I liked it. There were a lot of scenes that literally had me jump out of my seat.

What I'm pointing out is that that particular part of the anime is a failure because that is not good story telling. Remember the first time Grimmer loses his mind and you find out he's one of the kids from Kinderheim 511? You don't see him kill anyone, yet when Tenma comes into the room and finds that Grimmer has literally torn apart all the hitmen it is chilling and amazing. That's because this is where it's revealed how Grimmer relates to the story and why he's there in the first place.

Now skip 40 episodes later and Grimmer has all but disappeared from the story, and they bring him back in the last 5 eps, for what? To have him be one of the few to make a stand against the corrupt townspeople. Yeah great idea to have him gone for half the show then come back for a few eps and then you don't even see when he kills them all. That is a disappointment. You can talk all you want about the rest of the show, but the way they closed things with Grimmer was a cop out. Who cares if he didn't actually turn into the Magnificent Steiner (and yeah I knew he didn't he clearly stated that in the show, but it would have been cooler if he did anyways), the fact that it CUTS AWAY from his moment in the sun, what HIS part in the story built up to, is NOT good story telling.

Btw the show is heavily flawed as well, just thinking about the whole ending in general (with Tenma and Johan) makes me sick. In fact, Monster makes my list of anime that have the worst endings ever. So much potential squandered.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Btw the show is heavily flawed as well, just thinking about the whole ending in general (with Tenma and Johan) makes me sick. In fact, Monster makes my list of anime that have the worst endings ever. So much potential squandered.
Doesn't matter. Grimmer was the man, I used to watch that same tv show when I was little and then punch my dog in the face.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
LMFAO that was an actual show!??!

and yes Grimmer was definitely the man.
of course it wasn't a real show, i watched the incredible hulk, prog is the new york bruce banner. calm, mild mannered...

not continuing this post, saving it for a possible freestyle at pound 4.

skins

Smash Rookie
Monster's problem is the same as anime's problem. A good story does not need a desisive conclusion for each and every character and plot element. At the same time you need satisfaction as a member of the audience. Although desirable, leaving someone hanging right as a sword swing is about to finish can be just as good as seeing that blow land. It is a shame, however almost every good anime I have seen manages to mess up that balance.

Monster built itself through an extremely long, complex, and involving story...to what? You cant answer that.

Here is an analogy for the story of Monster: A man is on a surface running forward. As the viewer, you can see him running forward. If you rise up above the surface you will see it start to curve. If you keep going you see that its NOT a surface but a sphere and every so often the sphere rotates against the man running. Thats the story. It progresses and then were back at square one. Over and over.

I didnt find it enjoyable except for moments that in the end left me completely unfulfilled. Say what you want Rei but it went nowhere and ended in a contrived mess.

You should read 20th Century Boys. Its written by the same guy who wrote monster. And he fixed most of his problems.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Almost all anime endings are contrived messes, even the very best ones like Death Note (which we all know should have ended at ep 25).

Monster was obnoxiously long, I can't even begin to tell you how many times I looked at the clock while watching that show. Sitting through the seventy some episodes by itself is a test of endurance because very often what you are watching is completely unnecessary, which makes it boring a lot of the time. You could say all those episodes added to the brilliance of the story, however I will contend that the positive feelings I have towards the show could have been earned with HALF the episodes.

They really should have cut it shorter. Had it ended the way it did for a 26 ep anime, I might have forgiven Grimmer's ending. But after enduring something almost three times as long, I wanted pay off. Grimmer is still the man and definitely the best character in the entire show, but he was not done justice by the end.

edit- I guess I could give it a try Mike, but I can't dl it at work lol

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Haha yes, why is this song so good? Know any more good ones from them? I'm searching around for new stuff to listen to right now.

And holy **** the more of Rise Against I listen to the more I like them
Lol I can't really remember off the top of my head other awesome Do as Infinity songs at the moment. Lol

Rise against also is beyond amazing! Which album you listening to? I love their album The Sufferer & the Witness. It was soooo good in my honest opinion!

Lobos

Smash Master
Gun grave's ending was great, bebop and outlaw star also had good endings. There is a few more that I can't remember atm......

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Oh most definitely, Bebop has one of the greatest endings in all of anime. Fate Stay Night's ending is also kickass, the first two seasons of Full Metal Panic have really good endings (NOT Second Raid), Mai-Hime also had a great ending, and of course, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ended perfectly :p

Alright NKB, doing that now

thumbswayup

Smash Master
The whole ending of the anime, how it wraps up.

Just listened to those songs, they're pretty good but I like the ones I mentioned earlier more. I'm now listening to the rest of the album lol

Lobos

Smash Master
Oh most definitely, Bebop has one of the greatest endings in all of anime. Fate Stay Night's ending is also kickass, the first two seasons of Full Metal Panic have really good endings (NOT Second Raid), Mai-Hime also had a great ending, and of course, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ended perfectly :p

Alright NKB, doing that now
did haruhi have an ending?

Most mecha anime have good endings.......gundam wing, gundam 00, macross frontier, code geass, eureka 7....just to name a few off the top of my head

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
The whole ending of the anime, how it wraps up.

Just listened to those songs, they're pretty good but I like the ones I mentioned earlier more. I'm now listening to the rest of the album lol
Lol good ****. Rise Against definitely is a keeper!

Most mecha anime have good endings.......gundam wing, gundam 00, macross frontier, code geass, eureka 7....just to name a few off the top of my head
Lol you forgot Evangelion...o wai-

lulz!

thumbswayup

Smash Master

I guess it would depend if you watched the show in order or not. I think the actual last ep was shown as ep 9 (where at the end of it Haruhi and Kyon are walking together in the rain and she runs ahead of him and makes that face), but as it was purposefully shown out of order on tv, the ep you see last is one of the eps in the middle or something. It's the ep where he's trapped in that other world place with Haruhi and eventually kisses her to get out.

I watched it the way it was shown on tv, and I think it's a whole lot better and interesting that way. Lots of unanswered questions until the end. Plus the latter ending I mentioned was sooo good. I never wanted the show to end.

When it comes to the mech genre I find that when the endings are bad they are REALLY bad. I hated the ending of Code Geass (not the very very end, but everything that led up to it was awful) and in fact I hated most of the second season lmao bad plot twists and contrivances everywhere. Macross Frontier had an ok ending, so did Gundam Seed (until you find out about Destiny! :mad:)

Oh and Gurren Lagann of course had a kickass ending.

****ING EVA!!!! THE MOVIE! TALK ABOUT TERRIBLE ENDINGS AH OISAHFoIDhf UOID"S HGOUDS GDSGdsfgdsfsd

Lobos

Smash Master
evagelion was bad lol.....

Hurahi kinda did have an ending but the story did continue after....

edit: I dont like it when they leave it open ended.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
evagelion was bad lol.....

Hurahi kinda did have an ending but the story did continue after....

edit: I dont like it when they leave it open ended.
Fack you LOBOS! EVANGELION WAS GREAT!

I have a really hard time watching it now a days though. Lol. Once I get past say episode 12ish, I get sad lol.

Rebuild is superb and everyone knows it!

Top Bottom