• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Frog: Thumbswayup is Muppet king

EpicE

Smash Journeyman
No Greg went Jiggly and Falcon, I just am not that good so I held us back the whole time really, happy now UMBC u did better with your pro partner then I did with mine, gg.

cant wait for the next torny though since they are fun regardless

hova

Smash Champion
I already have plans for next Saturday, otherwise I'd be going to C3.

Hova, if we had faced in tournament this past May the result may have been different. If you're up for it, I'll money match you in November sometime to see if things have changed.

@EE - I didn't see you play any on Saturday. Did G-reg really go yoshi? If so, why did you let him? :p

Really???? Seriously??? You mean differently like you may have won or different as in you would have been getting four stocked instead of two??

I always had suspicions that you were not aware of your own skill level, but this definitely clears things up for me. In May you would've had no chance and in November you will have no chance

My falco was actually better back around April or May

I really don't understand why you even said that...

edit: someone should explain to me what happened at champ combo; people are talking about KDJ and somehow Azen got 9th. I am confused and afraid

Frozen

Smash Lord
Normally I wouldn't even bother putting input into a stupid argument like this and if I had opinions (which I do) i'd keep them to myself, but because I severly disagree with most of who everyone else is claiming to be the best, i'm going to be completely honest.

Hat and myself are the best in Bmores, with DOSV at a close third. I'm not sure after that, but fourth and fifth is likely EE/Bowsertree (in no specific order) However I haven't played UMBC in a long time, and won't be ignorant enough to assume he hasn't gotten better, so I don't know where he fits into this.

If you're in Bmores and disagree, money match me.

Or better yet, since our "playground supervisor" Hova does endorse getting all of Bmores to have a small tournament, how about we do it. Better yet, step it up to a ranking system, of sorts. I'm fine with that. We could even update it every month or two, as needed.

How about this Saturday night I talk Hat into holding a Bmores smash fest, and we'll rank everyone, via a round robin tournament. If Hat's house doesn't work we could do it at UMBC. Worst comes to worst I could see about having it at my house.

If necessary we could plan it a couple weeks ahead of time so everyone is able to be there, or whatever.

I'll tell Hat tomorrow. Thoughts?

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Really???? Seriously??? You mean differently like you may have won or different as in you would have been getting four stocked instead of two??

I always had suspicions that you were not aware of your own skill level, but this definitely clears things up for me. In May you would've had no chance and in November you will have no chance

My falco was actually better back around April or May

I really don't understand why you even said that...

edit: someone should explain to me what happened at champ combo; people are talking about KDJ and somehow Azen got 9th. I am confused and afraid
Just to make things clear, yes, I would have absolutely beaten you in May, as I will do in a short while with some training when I surpass my previous best.

I know my skill level. When I started playing in October of last year I was horrible compared to the casual smasher. In December I was bad compared to the members of Bmore's Finest; however, by April/May I was able to place top 10 in multiple tournaments and compete very favorably at MLG NY with a 10-6 record. This tournament last Saturday was the first tournament I had entered since UMBC on May 19. Right now I have a lot of real life stuff going on, but that will all be over by October 14. Then I'll have some free time to play.

"I really don't understand why you even said that..." <-- I said that as a challenge. You wouldn't money match me if you were afraid of losing. That reminds me, you never accepted the MM proposal. It would be ironic if I beat you in a match that bears some sort of significance when you're essentially saying that I can't win, ever. It's as if it is impossible to beat the almighty Hova and/or as if I am a crappy player who will never improve to the point to beat you. As I recall, you yourself said I had improved from last time you played me after our match (even though I was playing poorly). Now saying that I will not beat you in November after you 1 and 2 stocking me with falco seems a bit arrogant when you're not even that much better as things are right now. Three games do not mean much. I remember playing DOSV's falco once after a tournament; he handily won the first four or five games, then I went on a winning streak of half a dozen games until we stopped playing. I just have to adapt for the different match-up and the player. This is just one reason why I think I'll win in November once I've undergone some practice and training.

@EE - Teams is obviously much different from singles. I didn't even see you play, so you could be #1 in bmore right now.

I will say that I think Bmore stepped it up over the summer and improved significantly.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
^ lulz no I'm not that good

Ron we r top 5 in Bmore it seems, 1 step closer from oppression!
Hova thinks so.

At least we can say that Bmore's (Scuttlemore's) Finest stays true to its name in that the best players in Baltimore are in the crew. By the way, when was the last time Bmore's faced MRK and what was the outcome? They're kind of like Bmore's rivals, even though they lose most of the time. ;)

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
I actually didn't do a lot of that yesterday, though I did sing a lot.
Hova thinks so.

At least we can say that Bmore's (Scuttlemore's) Finest stays true to its name in that the best players in Baltimore are in the crew. By the way, when was the last time Bmore's faced MRK and what was the outcome? They're kind of like Bmore's rivals, even though they lose most of the time. ;)
lol btree" i wana be the very best like no one ever was ! " i had to carry you on the lyrics though

and Zodd the immortal we lost by a stock on sat in the crew battle thank splode for only taking 2 stocks :mad:

blues

Smash Journeyman
There shouldn't be any rankings for this crew, otherwise you'll all just continue to argue and fight over who is better and then this crew will become the next Team No Respect(and that isn't a good thing), you guys should be more like TA and not care about who is better and focus on having fun and just trying to get better and do well in tourney

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
There shouldn't be any rankings for this crew, otherwise you'll all just continue to argue and fight over who is better and then this crew will become the next Team No Respect(and that isn't a good thing), you guys should be more like TA and not care about who is better and focus on having fun and just trying to get better and do well in tourney
trust this man he beat megaman in under 4 minutes !

hova

Smash Champion
for the first time ever i don't feel like arguing

i was just joking about a bmore tourney, i was just trying to encourage EE. i thought it was pretty obvious why i said i have my money on him. **** would still be interesting though, i think a crew only tourney would be fun if there was nothing else that weekend

who wants to smash on thursday??

DK SmAsH

Smash Journeyman
@ Frozen and Hova -
I actually was plannin on having a bmore only and a TA only tourny this week and/or next
I guess ill make it official and say THIS FRIDAY DK SMASHFEST, MY PLACE, BMORE ONLY! I HAVE 4 TVS AND 1 SETUP, NEED 3 MORE!! THIS EVENT WILL END AROUND 7am? UNLESS SOME PEOPLE WANNA STAY I HAVE A QUEEN SIZE PULL OUT COUCH-BED, THE BIG BROWN PIMP COUCH, AND LOTS OF PILLOWS! THERE WILL BE GRAPE DRINK!! lol ...and i lost my cell phone so call my house (443-379-0177) or message me on here or on AIM (A12K93) and i am looking for MM's and lots of fun casuals (there will be at least 1 possibly 2 tvs recording)

and im down for smashin any day this week...DOSV is comin over 2maro anyone else?

EpicE

Smash Journeyman
^ hmmm

I'll play Hova, but we gotta be done by 8 since My name is Earl is new.

EE - yay! I don't care though. Everyone thinks I'm bad anyway, and a crew ranking does not help at a tournament.
I never really cared, I just feel like getting better is all.

QFT

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
@ Frozen and Hova -
I actually was plannin on having a bmore only and a TA only tourny this week and/or next
I guess ill make it official and say THIS FRIDAY DK SMASHFEST, MY PLACE, BMORE ONLY! I HAVE 4 TVS AND 1 SETUP, NEED 3 MORE!! THIS EVENT WILL END AROUND 7am? UNLESS SOME PEOPLE WANNA STAY I HAVE A QUEEN SIZE PULL OUT COUCH-BED, THE BIG BROWN PIMP COUCH, AND LOTS OF PILLOWS! THERE WILL BE GRAPE DRINK!! lol ...and i lost my cell phone so call my house (443-379-0177) or message me on here or on AIM (A12K93) and i am looking for MM's and lots of fun casuals (there will be at least 1 possibly 2 tvs recording)

and im down for smashin any day this week...DOSV is comin over 2maro anyone else?
ill be there at 7 ty for inviting me DK xD

hova

Smash Champion
Hova by all means go ahead and encourage EE, but try not to bring other people down as your doing it.
and who did I bring down??

i never said one person was better than anyone else

you and UMBC are the only ones who seriously tried to rank the skill of your crew

I suggest you shut the *** up

Repryx

Smash Champion
....Hova....Did you Realize....That You Were a Champion?

P.S. I wanna play Frozen

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
@ Frozen and Hova -

This sounds like a lot of fun. Now all we need are some girls, and I'll be in smash heaven.

Frozen, I'll ride my bike to your house Friday night if you can drive me. I'd normally ask you to drive by UMBC, but I seriously need to get outside and exercise more, so I'll do it lol.

I still have to request off work on Friday/Saturday for this though. I need word on whether I can definitely or definitely not go soon.

... and I agree with Eastlitree and blues.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
lol btree" i wana be the very best like no one ever was ! " i had to carry you on the lyrics though

and Zodd the immortal we lost by a stock on sat in the crew battle thank splode for only taking 2 stocks :mad:
Lol I didn't see this. It was all thanks to me going first and giving us an insurmountable advantage.

When Yo went next after I beat Splode, I thought "should I take all his stock?", I figured it'd be mean though and only took one....just wanted to scare him a bit.

Edit: and after that we did a low tier crew battle, where me and technomancer took off approximately thirty stock combined with Roy and Yoshi.

Edit: btw I went all Roy in singles at UMBC Saturday, no one watched me play so no one can deny it.

Edit: this one time g-reg kneed me like seven times in a row.

DK SmAsH

Smash Journeyman
nacker when r u comin? 2maro?
yeah and im thinkin people should start arriving around 5 but if u wanna come later or earlier thats cool too just let me know

and i just 80 stocked a lvl 9 computer BOO-YA!!

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I'm coming for the grape drink, but staying for smash. Or coming for smash, and staying for grape drink. I don't know.

hova

Smash Champion
yo DK

i doubt i'll be smashing friday night, but i may be able to swing by wednesday depending on things and such

so we can possibly get some ness v Dk action (or i can help you out with a bad match up)

Repryx

Smash Champion
I think Slik Should Lose the PEach and come Back to College Park

....I go thru too much BS Just to Play with these PG Smashersz

DK SmAsH

Smash Journeyman
yo DK

i doubt i'll be smashing friday night, but i may be able to swing by wednesday depending on things and such

so we can possibly get some ness v Dk action (or i can help you out with a bad match up)
well that sux but hellz yeah thats awesome!! low tier battles r so much fun! when on wed do u wanna come? and get chinesah to come

and does anyone play the pokemon card game around here? cause im addicted to those sort of things and need someone to play/trade with (i used to play M:TG for years lol)

Frozen

Smash Lord
and who did I bring down??

i never said one person was better than anyone else

you and UMBC are the only ones who seriously tried to rank the skill of your crew

I suggest you shut the *** up
Stop coming in here and starting trouble, you're really annoying.

= /

UMBC- I don't think i'll be able to make it to DK's on Friday, I have other plans.

Nurok

Smash Lord
I might be getting my license on thurs. DK, if youre having a thing friday night, i might come. I got nothing to do, and itll be a perfect way to test my maybe driving skeelz.

hova

Smash Champion
Stop coming in here and starting trouble, you're really annoying.

= /
what happened to you don't talk to me and i don't talk to you?? wasn't that your plan?

i've been doing pretty good at acting like you don't exist.

stick to the game plan frozen, no more trying to make linkin park small talk and no more friendlies at tournies

'stick to the basics! stick to the basics!'

Top Bottom