• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Frog: Thumbswayup is Muppet king

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Yeah I watched it sometime back, it's amazing. Click my banner.
wow, that video has 1,200,000 views. Amazing!

I'm in the midst of watching Yu Yu Hakusho. It's like another DBZ wannabe! It even has the same voice actors, heh.

I'm thinking September 29th for the first fall UMBC tournament. That's completely unconfirmed though.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
You can't have cuss words in your signature.

I'll give you all a day to change it, afterwards I'm handing out infractions.

Spread the word.

Magnum Innominandum

Smash Rookie
wow, that video has 1,200,000 views. Amazing!

I'm in the midst of watching Yu Yu Hakusho. It's like another DBZ wannabe! It even has the same voice actors, heh.

I'm thinking September 29th for the first fall UMBC tournament. That's completely unconfirmed though.
DBZ and Yuu Yuu began production not even a year apart, so I wouldn't really call either one a wannabe of the other.

Also, just to make sure you know, Sept. 29th is the same day as Super Champ Combo and Zenith.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Sorry Tope.

Kitsune - Didn't they have a panel teaching people how to do the dance at Otakon? If it wasn't there, I think it was another con. >.> I will never do this dance though. And I watched the first episode of School Days, and have three more downloaded. I'm gonna hafta find episode five on YouTube or something (the problem with this is that I don't watch anime on youtube), because this website only has that ep on mkv format. >.> I liked this first ep.

Magnum Innominandum - Can't it still be a Dragonball ripoff at least? >.>

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
Btree- hmm you can find ep. 5 on either crunchyroll.com or veoh.com

oh yeah, i think i saw you on AIM but i was too confused on who it was so i didnt IM you :( get on aim MOAR!!!! lol

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
yu yu hakusho is nothing like DBZ

anyone who thinks so needs to shut their mouth
heh heh, I still like Yu Yu Hakusho, but it's designed very similarly to DBZ. The characters all say obvious, dumb stuff during fights the same as in DBZ. There is always a somewhat stronger enemy after one weaker is defeated. There is spirit power that works similar to Ki in DBZ. Yusuke has positive influence toward all around him like Goku in DBZ. There is a close connection between the heavenly realm (koenma) and Yusuke like there is with all the Kamis and Goku in DBZ. It has many of the same voice actors (the guy that did Vegeta and the one who did the bald guy who married the android chick, sorry I'm horrible with names).

I have reasons for saying something, kthxbye.

Hey_its_YO

Smash Lord
MRK head quarters my house SilverSpring MD
Sorry Tope.

Kitsune - Didn't they have a panel teaching people how to do the dance at Otakon? If it wasn't there, I think it was another con. >.> I will never do this dance though. And I watched the first episode of School Days, and have three more downloaded. I'm gonna hafta find episode five on YouTube or something (the problem with this is that I don't watch anime on youtube), because this website only has that ep on mkv format. >.> I liked this first ep.

Magnum Innominandum - Can't it still be a Dragonball ripoff at least? >.>
I think they did have that panel and also at the Dealers room there was a group doing the dance next 2 a monitor with the dance on it lol

Ghostype

Smash Champion
They are very similar, but then again it's because they're shounen anime. Most shounen anime are based off of the same concepts. Off the top of my head I can think of a few anime with a lot of similar themes.

DB/Z
Yu Yu Hakusho
Naruto
Bleach
Shijou no Saijyou no Deshi Kenichi
Tenjou Tenge

Just a few anyway. It doesn't mean they're the same thing or one's ripping off another I guess, but they definitely share similar themes. Themes Dragonball began before a lot of anime. And Dragonball wasn't the first. >_> <_<

Kitsune - Lol I was on yesterday, but only for a few minutes. It's just that when I get on aim I get bombarded by people sometimes, so I become paranoid. >_> But I'll at least get on aim during the weekends from now on.

Edit: Yo why you gotta post before me? (lol get it? It just sounds like I'm addressing someone using slang....>___>)

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
umbc is an idiot and cannot understand the underlying depth within yu yu hakusho
ok, but I'm still on only episode 24, so I've only given my opinion up to ~1/3 through the anime.

I've e-mailed the new game room supervisor about scheduling a tournament for the 29th of September. Hopefully she will be cooperative... *crosses fingers*

Ghostype

Smash Champion
UMBC - that would be hot.

Kitsune - I'm up to episode ten of School Days. You're right. It's kinda ****ed up. >____> Are the last two episodes (I'm assuming), out yet? I can't seem to find them.

Top Bottom