• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Band of the Frog: Thumbswayup is Muppet king

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
that pic is too funny. but wow UMBC guy, i gotta admit you got lots betta with da marth yo. freaking yoshi story to my falco. but thats ok, when the time comes for the mm, i know who im gonna use. (i think)

edit: please whoop zelgadis next time. STAND UP!!!! lol
You never used fox against me yesterday. Seeing how it's one of your best characters, you might pick that :) Or you could pick sheik or marth or falco... It should be a pretty intense money match no matter what.

zelgadis never gives me a chance to play his sheik. Next time I demand a set first thing against his sheik. I'll make that quintessential ******* stand up in frustration. :p

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
I cant wait for the UMBC tourney!!!!!
Same. I'm trying to practice up in preparation for the tourney so I can place as highly as I did last time. I need to learn to DI out of marth's fair combos, meteor cancel, use more tilts and uairs to combo, chain grab fox/falco better, make a habit of teching the ledge every time I up B, mindgame into grabs, perform marth's SHDF flawlessly with c-stick, and familiarize myself better with marth's different character matchups - particularly dittos and sheik, but also space animals. In addition to all that, I need to learn to play falco better so I'm not handicapped to one serious tournament character. I have my work cut out for me.

Seed of Sorrow

Smash Champion
Same. I'm trying to practice up in preparation for the tourney so I can place as highly as I did last time. I need to learn to DI out of marth's fair combos, meteor cancel, use more tilts and uairs to combo, chain grab fox/falco better, make a habit of teching the ledge every time I up B, mindgame into grabs, perform marth's SHDF flawlessly with c-stick, and familiarize myself better with marth's different character matchups - particularly dittos and sheik, but also space animals. In addition to all that, I need to learn to play falco better so I'm not handicapped to one serious tournament character. I have my work cut out for me.
You got this ****. When I get there, want to play?

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
LOL Tak you need to get off the ****ing lazy train and try to learn to play ICs.

You can't wobble without the... uhh.... grab.

5%: Pika ditto $1? =D

TAK$

Smash Ace
LOL Tak you need to get off the ****ing lazy train and try to learn to play ICs.

You can't wobble without the... uhh.... grab.

5%: Pika ditto $1? =D
xD i know how cg and most of the desynch's, i'm just to lazy to use them lol, ever since fight club all i've been doing is wobbles, so i think you have a point there redd lol. i remember you telling me about the fthrow, dash atk, fair, dsmash combo, i have yet to use it but it sounds so badass i'm gonna try it now that i remembered.

Frozen

Smash Lord
So who wants to smash this week....

Any little mini festage going on at Btree's or anything?

If a few of you want to come over my house that's fine...I live a few mins from both Btree and Hat.

Oh and EEvisu I would like to MM you again for a large sum of monay....(at least 10$)....ASAP foo'....let me know.

<3

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Frz1 I'll come over to your place if you gimme a day/time, but I keep saying that ya'll can come over here for smash if you want, just pick a day when a few of you can come (after 4PM) so we have like four people or whatever. But yeah, give me a day and I can head over there. I wanna practice my Peach on your Falcon.

Frozen

Smash Lord
EE how about we meet up at Appletree's on Wednesday at 5:30? If it's okay with Ron, of course.

And let's step that **** up, I have no problem doing up to 25 dollars.

5%tax

Smash Journeyman
yo 5% i'll mm you with my ic's vs your pika, i wont wobble you, just cg, sound fair?
ok, I'll do that, i feel confident in my newlyfound ic's eating abilitys. however, prepare to not go to fd, i'm banning that ****.:chuckle:

Also EE, $5 mm falco vs pika?

TAK$

Smash Ace
ok, I'll do that, i feel confident in my newlyfound ic's eating abilitys. however, prepare to not go to fd, i'm banning that ****.:chuckle:

Also EE, $5 mm falco vs pika?
that's so homo! ok fine i'm gonna wobble you then. >.>

you ban fd i wobble, you leave fd alone i dont wobble, choose!

5%tax

Smash Journeyman
that's so homo! ok fine i'm gonna wobble you then. >.>

you ban fd i wobble, you leave fd alone i dont wobble, choose!
fine you can wobble, but be warned, if you do so, i will start singing and then you will mess up on your wobbles.........

also it may scar you for life, and kill your family at the same time.

TAK$

Smash Ace
fine you can wobble, but be warned, if you do so, i will start singing and then you will mess up on your wobbles.........

also it may scar you for life, and kill your family at the same time.
hahaha, some guy i was playing paused in the middle of my wobble, and i still had it going, you're gonna have to do better than that!

edit: with the secret wobbling tactic chu gave me, i shall not fail!

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Tak$, I'll only MM your IC's if you don't wobble :p I've been practicing up my marth ditto game just for you and EEVisu's MMs too :D

5%Tax, I'll MM you. $10 is a lot though lol, I'll have to practice my pika game before I go that high. You must have one mad pika. I'm scurred after having Chinesahh 4 stock my marth with only 38% damage on his pika :p

TAK$

Smash Ace
Tak$, I'll only MM your IC's if you don't wobble :p I've been practicing up my marth ditto game just for you and EEVisu's MMs too :D

5%Tax, I'll MM you. $10 is a lot though lol, I'll have to practice my pika game before I go that high. You must have one mad pika. I'm scurred after having Chinesahh 4 stock my marth with only 38% damage on his pika :p
aww, but wobbling is what makes me somewhat confident in the marth matchup, free the wobbles!!!!

cmart

Smash Lord
wobble wobble wobble wobbles wobbles?? wobble wobble wobbles wobble lolz wobble wobble wobble
Hey guys can we do thurs\fri instead?? Weds is like the only night I can't do anything on. Quote unrelated.

TAK$

Smash Ace
lolz cmart, mm? =) xD xD xD jk. you had me rolling at fight club though, hey cmart can you be the spectator of all my matches? your quotes in the middle of my matches crack me and i play so much better.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
w/e Frozen but I wont be smashing w/ you guys till Rons fest on Saturday, we can do it their

I may 5% but if I do I'll be using Marth

Edit: Frozen upload the videos from Hats house where I beat you for 20$ on to Youtube

Husband

Smash Lord
Sound cool. Maybe we can do it Monday or something. It would help though if you brought someone else though so I can watch you play.

Make it someone who:

- Can usually beat you but not **** you
- Someone who Can use more then one character
- Someone who is cool so I dont have to deal with jerk offs, hahaha

If you cant find someone who uses multi characters, invite two ppl who use different ones but still fall under the two other requirements. There is no way/need to help you if you are beating the person who I rate you against.

Frozen

Smash Lord
EE stop being a ****...and as for the videos of our MM...they are fuxing up, if you don't believe me, ask hat. His hard drive filled up while they were recording, or some nonsense.

You should try to make it to Hat's one day this week for our 25 dollars MM so we can record the matches and put them onto youtube

...You have entirely too much confidence for your skill level, it's annoying.

As for this UMBC Husband training thing....I'd say I meet those requirements.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Husband, I'll try and get Nicholas (peach player, my teams partner from last UMBC tourney) to join me. His peach beats me most of the time. He also uses sheik, which beats me some of the time. I could also get Freakachu, but he's the same story as Nicholas - he just doesn't win as much and by as much. Julien would be nice since he plays a decent marth and falco that sometimes beat me.

Frozen, I don't need work on captain falcon as much as I need work on peach, peach, and peach.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
EE stop being a ****...and as for the videos of our MM...they are fuxing up, if you don't believe me, ask hat. His hard drive filled up while they were recording, or some nonsense.

You should try to make it to Hat's one day this week for our 25 dollars MM so we can record the matches and put them onto youtube

...You have entirely too much confidence for your skill level, it's annoying.

As for this UMBC Husband training thing....I'd say I meet those requirements.
blah blah blah, cmart an Hat even ***** Hova will both agree you are the one with the over inflated ego, surely you remember all the **** talking you did to, at an from Fight Club.

An should I have low confidence in my skill level? okay yeah that makes sense /sarcasm

I'm confident but not cocky like you who thinks he can beat everyone in a **** MM just because he beats TAK, whoo dee freakin doo Frozen.

Edit: an believe you about the video thing so w/e its fine, this grudge you seem to have against me however is not, enough =/

Husband

Smash Lord
I was at the Gym once and I was working my Chest. I was doing some flies when a huge older guy walked over and said "You shouldnt be doing those. You arent big enough to be doing flies."

At the time I was insulted and didnt really care what he thought. I did get bigger and stronger but it took longer to do it. When I looked back on myself, I realized that that guy was right. I wasnt "big" enough at the time to be doing flies and at that point, I realized I should have taken this guys advice a long time ago.

So now Im about to make the same statement. EE and Frozen, You guys arent good. I know you practice and train a lot and you beat up on your friends but you two just arent good right now. You shouldnt be waisting your time posting videos. You should be spending your time watching them and seeing what better falcos and CF do.

Dont watch PC or Isai, because once again, you are not good enough to see what they are even doing. Watch someone who is closer to your level like Lampchops and G-reg. And once you get to that level, then you can start watching those vids. I know you might take this as an insult but try to look at it as someone who has been there before and knows.

Keep in mind that through this whole post, not once did I say I was good, so Im not even claiming that. Just think about what I said and plz take my advice.

Jasona

Smash Ace
I should make some vids of myself and see if they help me get better. last time i watched a match that i had just played, i was dumbstruck by how bad i looked. it was an entirely new perspective on my game

EDIT -> that reminds me. sorry i stole your tape and disappeared for a few months only to come back empty handed... btree

EEvisu

Smash Lord
okay Husband I shall do that, though I dont agree that we are not "good" like we suck >_> were like good just not nearly as good as people like yourself, if you can wave dash then your good my friend ;) lol

Top Bottom