• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
lol, you think harts camps i just played 3 game battles games in a row all with people camping spaming there ranged attack it pissed me of soo much ... holy crap frst i get a camping falco , then a camping lucerio then a camping pit(who had ****ing EMAZING AIM) and i dont feel like playing brawl online anymore cuase of it ; /

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Sorry Rampage, I was online because someone wanted to play me. Had to go and fight him. There were some fun matches though.

I don't understand the Brawl hate. I love it. Although I should start practicing. Can't even do a reverse aerial rush consistently yet >_>

Sm_Sheba

Smash Cadet
I find the online brawl stuff to be very difficult because when you practice you are getting your timing precise in a non-lag condition. When you play an online game, it throws everything out.

Metà

Smash Master
I don't understand the Brawl hate. I love it. Although I should start practicing. Can't even do a reverse aerial rush consistently yet >_>
I don't think anyone here actually hates Brawl (except maybe Keith), but a lot of us just prefer Melee. They're different games, to each their own. Hell, some people still prefer SSB64 :laugh: lol jack

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
brawl is uber imo, and rampage youll proly like it more when we start doing online tournies and stuff or just normal bc tournies ^^ any1 down for a online tourny soon?

JDZL

Smash Rookie
i just did an online tourney.
got *****.

i first played a few friendlies using mario vs someones diddy. the lag made it hard (for both of us, i'm sure) but they were close matches.

when my opponent (another person) was finally available, he 3 stocked me (5stock single match elimination) on fd. his rob vs my marth.
it was so difficult to get him. he'd just projectile camp until i got close. then he'd spam rolls into tilts and grabs. i don't know how to counter that with marth.

do you guys find the same?
defensive players have recieved a huge boon. especially those with good projectiles.

zPhoenixExz

Smash Cadet
Its not that defensive player got an insane boost...its the light speed "rush, rush, rush" offense getting toned down making defense viable again (In melee, putting up a shield = fox combo bait, hell, even just standing still for a moment puts you in a disadvantage).

Most of the campy players on wifi are so predictable...I just rush forward shielding his projectiles (remember shield drop is like super fast now), and 90% of the time they roll toward me, and right into my lucas up smash 8P, or roll backward toward the edge and get themselves trapped. After melee's falco laser spam these kind of camping is a piece of cake...although I'll won't make a decision until after a few months (maybe then camping will be really horrible?)

Metà

Smash Master
Yeah, I hate how the offensive pressure game got nerfed to hell. It's kind of dis-heartening to think of the effect this is going to have on competitive play. In Melee, it was fast, intense, aggressive combat, but in Brawl it seems like the winning playstyle will be camping and turtling. There's no way to really pressure your opponent into losing control of the match for that stock, it's more just like hit and run, especially since there seems to be much less combo potential. I honestly think Melee is much more suited for competitive play, but we haven't even had a Brawl tournament in BC yet, so maybe I should hold my judgement until we do have one. Still though, it's definitely looking grim. :ohwell:

JDZL

Smash Rookie
i hear you. i know the new shield dashing is incredible. The problem in that particular match up is that rob has some amazing tilts (ie. fast, strong, good range).
Rob is also quite heavy, so I was having an incredibly hard time killing him. On a no platform stage like fd, with online lag, any precision timing (like trying to nick him just after he comes out of a roll) be came next to impossible.

sheesh, i had such a hard time. Perhaps Marth's meta-game will undergo a significant face-lift. That, or my playing just sucks.

Meta, I'm starting to feel the same way.
I've played great offline friendlies with Gary, but I think competetive wise, people will (obviously) to what it takes to win. And in this game, that seems to be turtling.
The combos now seem very dependent on mind-games, and (missed)tech-chases.

I'll be playing both games extensively, me thinks.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
I'm considering like going on smash hiatus for a few months until the meta-game improves. Ugh, I just wondered if the meta-game will revolve a lot around metaknight.

The game is fun to us right now because it's new. I am still willing to give Brawl a chance, but from what I've seen, Brawl is more limited in its meta-game depth and competitive superiority. Then again, I could be utterly ignorant.

I had a lot of fun playing melee yesterday with Robyextreme. We actually played Fox dittos for like 70% of the time, but it was amazing. We limited ourselves to the 6 neutral stages with both of us being the same character for like 4 hours of playing. And we -still- had fun and each match was interesting. That's the mark of a good fighter...

Metà

Smash Master
Thinking that a character (especially meta) is broken just shows your level.
He never said Metaknight was broken, he said gay and lame, which is entirely different. No character in Brawl is cheap or broken, but Metaknight takes the cake for most irritating and lame. It's the rapid sword slashes combined with multiple jumps--so boring and lame it hurts. To each his own though, I won't hold it against any Metaknight players, it's just my opinion. >_>

Rampage

vx
I don't think meta is broken =/

I just think it's completely ******** how his slashes are so fast

really If you're in a match with metaknight all you hear is Sword slashes *Yawn*
Patooty dislikes me a lot

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
If you cant fight someone that is "camping" then I dont think your that good. Really in this game theres not much camping. And even when there is its not hard getting past it. I think the only one that can really camp is Pit but even then its not hard running in power shield let go of shield and keep approaching.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I like playing as Meta Knight =) Although I'm finding it hard to fight Marth and Ike. Marth because I think his range is better than mine and Ike because I keep trying to dodge attacks at the wrong time. He's so slow that I do a sidestep or something at the beginning of his animation and his attack doesn't connect until afterwards >_>;;

And congrats BC on a great GameClucks showing ;)

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
Whoa haven't been on here in a long time.

Add me everyone! Still trying to adjust to the lag, and the only way to do that is with practice :)

Radius-86

Smash Ace
If you have me on MSN I put my friend code in my user comment. Message me back with yours!

Anyway combos will come with time, most of the combos used in Melee weren't discovered within one week after game release. I also love how much more influential DI is in this game, it makes aerial movement much for fluid for all characters.

I see lots of random scrub talk :(

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
firexemblemxpryde said:
]Then again, I could be utterly ignorant.
Quoted for truth. This game is somewhat deep not as much as melee but its still good. Theres still a lot to learn and the nammers have learned a lot already. It also does NOT resolve around metaknight. IMO meta knight is only top 5 but for sure at the moment not best. Theres a lot of reasons why meta isnt that great.

Sm_Sheba

Smash Cadet
Who do you guys all think are the best 3 characters and why?

I used to play samus and like her a lot, but lately iv not had much luck. People that I used to destroy with her are now kicking my *** with multiple characters. I'm looking for something new, though I still want to play with her on occasion. It is possible that I have just been getting screwed because of the lag.

Sm_Sheba

Smash Cadet
Are there ever goign to be any patches for SSBB?
for example, maybe something that will allow more options for wifi play? or something to fix the lag? or possibly to adjust character stats to even things out?

Top Bottom