• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

FACEMAN

Smash Cadet
I'll try and come on either thursday or friday.
I just have to check my work schedule though.
Good lord am I out of practice :<

FACEMAN

Smash Cadet
I look forward to meeting you, faceman! :D

I heard stuff about you from yakal lol you can practice against noobs like me haha :p
SHeeeeeeee I want to play you as well! You'll probably kick my *** cause I'm pree off right now lmao

but I can't come friday cause I work :<

Is anyone free on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday? lmao

Metà

Smash Master
I talked to the guys at Stronghold today about the possibility of getting a monthly tournament series going, and we arrived at the following list of dates for June's tournament

-9th (I can definitely make this one, so I'd prefer it, but it's short notice)
-23rd (the Brawlers are having their monthly on this day, so it's not likely... we'd need to share TV's)
-24th (Sunday. not the best day for tournaments, but it's open, and we can get the Brawl people to just leave the TV's out for us)
-30th

What dates work for people? I can't attend anything after the 9th, cause I'm going to Europe, so obviously I'd prefer it to be early so I can go, but if it would mean greater attendance, you guys should do the 30th, I think.

There is also the question of how regularly we are going to do these, if we are going to make it a monthly thing. WA has their monthlies on the first weekend of every month, so we could make ours like, the 2nd or 3rd so we don't overlap with them, in case any players want to go down there, or vice versa. This is just a start though, so w/e

`dazrin

Smash Champion
SHeeeeeeee I want to play you as well! You'll probably kick my *** cause I'm pree off right now lmao

but I can't come friday cause I work :<

Is anyone free on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday? lmao
nooooooo. damn you faceman!

you'll still **** me even though you're out of practice lol im not that great :p

uh, i can go on tues/weds maybe. prob wednesday though

oh. and booooooshk if you're free im going to your house to smash loool we STILL havent played yet haha

FACEMAN

Smash Cadet
nooooooo. damn you faceman!

you'll still **** me even though you're out of practice lol im not that great :p

uh, i can go on tues/weds maybe. prob wednesday though

oh. and booooooshk if you're free im going to your house to smash loool we STILL havent played yet haha
WEDNESDAY IT IS

Also I cant make the 9th cause I work then, and I'm already getting someone to cover this saturday for me

booshk

Smash Lord
Yo daze bro im down to play for a couple hrs right now if u want. Txt me if nething.

:phone:

Nvm just saw ur post that ure at stronghold, ahah

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
next time i go stronghold i need somebody to help me practice fox uthrow uair against puff. i was thinking training mode set 55% puff and u just di left or right until i can hit it 100%

KAOSN00B

Smash Cadet
i'd help you toast but i'm not a fox player sorry. As for the tournament i am not officially able to come on the 9th instead of try to be there if you guys wanna set it for the 9th.

Adamavy

Smash Rookie
Out of curiosity where did the term filtheee originate and what exactly is it's meaning haha

`dazrin

Smash Champion
LOL

"Filtheee" originates from the word "filthy" which in the standard english language is an adjective used to describe something as dirty/ unclean.

However, in Washington, they use the word "filth/ filthy/ filthiest" to describe anything cool, amazing, or any awesome turns of events. For example, if someone performed a really great combo, then "filthee" could be an appropriate adjective to describe how great it was.

"Filth" can also be used as a noun, in which to say, "<insert name> is gettin the FILTH" which would mean <insert name> is doing something awesome, will be getting something awesome, or is doing amazing in terms of how they are playing.

With all that being said, GGs adam and rob- your falcon is the filtheeeee :D lol

Goodluck to all the smashers who went to GC!
GET FIRST IN DOUBLES METAHSIS!

edit: oh and rob: get skype ya noob. ya big kaosnoob.

and adam my skype is xdazee

I forgot what yours was, lol. i think it was adam.lodback or something? i forgot LOL sorry.

edit2: found it. adam.lodback lolol my mistake

booshk

Smash Lord
rob kaosnooob where you at??? im at stronghold son lol

and yee seeya there faceman :p
wanna text me your number? im gonna go watch my friends fight in a muay thai tournament, but maybe afterwards. i'll text u if anything. if youre busy then just lmk

robyextreme

Smash Ace
LOL

"Filtheee" originates from the word "filthy" which in the standard english language is an adjective used to describe something as dirty/ unclean.

However, in Washington, they use the word "filth/ filthy/ filthiest" to describe anything cool, amazing, or any awesome turns of events. For example, if someone performed a really great combo, then "filthee" could be an appropriate adjective to describe how great it was.

"Filth" can also be used as a noun, in which to say, "<insert name> is gettin the FILTH" which would mean <insert name> is doing something awesome, will be getting something awesome, or is doing amazing in terms of how they are playing.
preeeeeetty much

i would never us WA slang though, in Canada we just call each other clean instead.

btw daze have we met before? lol since I see you post here so often im wondering

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Lol we haven't "officially" met, but I saw you at the last tournament at stronghold getting the filtheee hella clean on WA and others lol

I'd really like to meet you though, especially since you're <arguably> the best active smasher in BC right now lol :p

wanna text me your number? im gonna go watch my friends fight in a muay thai tournament, but maybe afterwards. i'll text u if anything. if youre busy then just lmk
778 846 1934

That might change soon though. Its just a temp phone for now that I'm borrowing >_<

btw muay thai tournament sounds hella tight. it's like smash IRL

Patooty

Smash Ace
yo booshk i have a phone now.
ill txt you when the hours are more sane.

Just played Ryan and yeah... i have fallen! lol

Diakonos

Smash Lord
How the mighty have fallen! I think "filthy" is similar to how you might say that one of Sion's combos is just disgusting. Like, so good/**** it makes you gag. Note also that one may "give" the filthee to another person: "Roby giving him the filtheeee!!"

booshk

Smash Lord
yo booshk i have a phone now.
ill txt you when the hours are more sane.

Just played Ryan and yeah... i have fallen! lol
AHAHA well txt me your number too! I'd love to play sometime for a couple hrs, these days i don't have enough time for a whole day : (

And okay daze! I'll let you know.

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
u guys are all wrong

filteeeee = andy singh very very very ****ing high on washington kush ;p

= holding wurmcoil engine

= blue samus

= filteee

edit:

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
To be fair, Mike brings up a good point. But the term can still be applied to everything i've seen people give examples of so far.

I'm at stronghold right now. I stopped by to see if anyone was here... and to use their internet. Going home soon though.

Top Bottom