• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Get@Will

Smash Champion
please write a 1500 word essay explaining why it is like this. to be handed in in 7.15 minutes

no hard feelings. just messing with you a bit

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Tap Tap revolution?

@ Will: it has a lot to do with the fact that I'm almost always in Vancouver. I go to school 5 days a week on the very west side, and my weekends are usually pretty far out there too. So, most of our crew smashfests happen at your place, meaning the other side of the lower mainland.

I am able to play with Eric from time to time cuz he lives like 10 minutes away from me, and he'll whimsically text me and we try to figure something out. Nomsain? I often try to call/msg Sion to smash but he's difficult to reach sometimes.

Sion

Island of Horizon
i feel like i'm partly to blame for eric's outburst.

i just hope you guys don't hold it against violence. he's a chill guy and he's fun to play with (not the character, i mean as a person loool).

i think i've thanked evan once or twice for hosting tournaments. don't think that's quite enough, but i try to keep it in mind.

sad_day

Smash Journeyman
adam u owes me a bons breakfest cuz i just drew most of the attention off u in top 20 thread. sacrifices r to be made for friends.

:phone:

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
So who's going to Apex? Apparently they're running a Pokemon tournament. You should enter!

Also is there a large smash tournament happening anytime soon I feel like I should play it sometime.

Sion

Island of Horizon
i didn't say i was to blame in particular, it was mostly just cause i did little to help the situation.

erc, there are bigger problems than the ones you listed. smashfest etiquette for one.

edit: hi, firestorm. pokemon is pretty cool. just haven't had time for it lol

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
i didn't say i was to blame in particular, it was mostly just cause i did little to help the situation.

erc, there are bigger problems than the ones you listed. smashfest etiquette for one.

edit: hi, firestorm. pokemon is pretty cool. just haven't had time for it lol
Could you elboarte on the problems here in BC Sion? Particularly with Greater Vancouver?

I plan on going to APEX firestorm.

booshk

Smash Lord
lol omg that thread just saw it, totally didnt get what sion was saying beforehand

Diakonos

Smash Lord
What shame.

I hope we can do something to help get the community on our feet. I don't want to call people out by name, but there is a lot of common courtesy that's missing from our scene. Is that just the product of a digital society? I don't know, but I don't think it's too late to fix things.

Drop the cockiness. Drop the johns. Stop insulting other people. Make sacrifices to make smash events work. Be grateful to those who make sacrifices. I include myself in these things.

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
lol

one hundred percent umad

I'll do what I can to get there on sunday

is the address the correct one? I don't want to play smash at a gasstation
schoolschoolschoolschoolschool

Geist

Smash Master
This Sunday on the 6th?
Most likely not this one, to be honest I've been exhausted lately and I still have catching up to do with schoolwork. If something does happen it'll be a very limited amount of people - like 2 to 3. I also have a new roommate moving in soon so that'll just make things more crazy.

lol

one hundred percent umad

I'll do what I can to get there on sunday

is the address the correct one? I don't want to play smash at a gasstation
schoolschoolschoolschoolschool
Yeah see above
The address you have should be fine, you can check google maps to see, and if you're still not sure you have my contact stuff on msn
Just message me whenever, odds are if I look like I'm offline I'm just being a ninja and only appearing that way.

sad_day

Smash Journeyman
had a really rough day where greyhound was whole trip was delayed by 4 hrs. when we got there adam n shane just got drunk as **** n im not enjoying it. adam keeps buggin me to front him $ for coke n weed but i keep turnin him down. i donno what to do. smash isnt fun, im beating drunk adam 90% of time. he keeps being an ******* everytime i beat him. this is not a enjoyable as i thought. hopefully tom when adams no longer with shane he can be sober again. he just keeps drinking which leads to hard drugs **** hes ******** n just ruined this whole trip. my whole purpse is to have fun n meet n play with new smashers not a ****ing quest to find hard drugs like coke -.- fml. btw adams MIA right now. he was with me 10 mins ago but we got in a lil fight cuz i wont front him after he begged me like a pathetic loser. i feel bad, hes walkin streets of america alone. i hope hes ok n comes back to shanes alright n sober. pz out. this might be the last time i go out of country with adam.

im still waiting in the freezin cold for him to come back or else i wont be able to sleep tonight. its 10 pm atm.

im about to go around n look for him now. pz out.

its 11 pm. i went with shanes family in thr car to look but still cant find adam. adam is mia hopefully he sobers up n will be back tom? he may possibly have passed out somewhere. hopefully somrwhere safe n not where hes exposed as a easy target. this is really ****ing serious. adam has no idea how many pple r worried about his sorry ****ing ***. this is why he cannot drink.

another search is gonna happen. i call it quits tonite im exhausted pz out. smash sucks. i just wanna leave as soon as possible.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Boo, Pokemon at Apex and Smash at Apex conflict at some points I think. Good luck though Eric!
What shame.

I hope we can do something to help get the community on our feet. I don't want to call people out by name, but there is a lot of common courtesy that's missing from our scene. Is that just the product of a digital society? I don't know, but I don't think it's too late to fix things.

Drop the cockiness. Drop the johns. Stop insulting other people. Make sacrifices to make smash events work. Be grateful to those who make sacrifices. I include myself in these things.
Urgh, I hate when people say that. That's not it. I always found Smash events a bit of a pain when I was doing brackets (mostly so Evan could play since he always wanted to and I didn't care as much) because yeah, people lack the common courtesy to do simple things that can help move things along. Some people were just rude too -.- But it's not the fault of a "digital society" or whatever. I'm very involved in the Pokemon community these days. I flew to Indianapolis last year for a tournament and met up with a bunch of people I've been talking to for years. Aside from one or two people, everyone was amazingly friendly and I consider these people just as close as some of the people that live right here in Vancouver.

Selfish people are selfish people. It's not the internet.

sad_day

Smash Journeyman
we found adam at 3 am in the morning with a high powered patrol light. apparently after our argument he went to some bar with some of shanes money n spent it. n just kept getting non stop drunk.

Stevo

Smash Champion
It's hard to tell what is serious over the internet, but judging by Eric's post that must be at least somewhat true.

Sucks you guys are going through such a rough time with your smash community. Alberta sucks too but our problem is just that we never play the game anymore.

Geist

Smash Master
we found adam at 3 am in the morning with a high powered patrol light. apparently after our argument he went to some bar with some of shanes money n spent it. n just kept getting non stop drunk.

What the hell
That's screwed up
I hope things get better for you soon man, sounds like you're going through such a ****ty time

Top Bottom