• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Geist

Smash Master
I still haven't met any of the new people.
And now I'm in ontario for 3 months. We're gonna have to have a smashfest at my place or something when I get back.

booshk

Smash Lord
I still haven't met any of the new people.
And now I'm in ontario for 3 months. We're gonna have to have a smashfest at my place or something when I get back.
lmao me neither.
i have no idea who any of these people are, except for daze. haha

Starscream

Smash Ace
I didn't realize how terrible smashboards looked until after I used a premium skin for so long.

This makes my eyes bleed.
Smash Blue fo lyfe.

http://vimeo.com/43312066

me yakal adam n nathan already met this guy. weak hearted should never go here.
I could deal with his eccentricities, but his shop looks filthy. And I don't mean filtee, I mean filthy. Good thing he makes a mean sandwich.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I'm going to stronghold tomorrow, on friday around 2 for sure. Even if no one is there, I'll be there practicing dumb brawl techniques left in P:M for the tournament the next day

lmaoooooooooo

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
yeah i'll be doing the same ****

gotta practice my janky fox :awesome:

-wanna say i'll be there early, but probs 2:30

Starscream

Smash Ace
http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/06-21-2012/message

Hello, I’m Masahiro Sakurai, the director of the Super Smash Bros. series.

It’s my personal belief that the only time a creative product really resonates is in that first moment when it’s actually in front of you.

With that said, I’ve realised that if we keep the new Super Smash Bros. title’s development structure secret, it’ll only create more and more speculation, and I won’t be able to develop the game with any freedom. That’s why I’ve decided to announce this news right now, even though it’s still very early on.

I would love to provide more information, but for now, I’m going to stay quiet until I have something solid to show you.

The project has just gotten started. Bear in mind that not only are we developing two titles simultaneously, but we announced the project before we even started actual development, so I’m afraid we will likely have to keep you waiting for quite a while. Please be patient.

Currently, the prototype prepared by NAMCO BANDAI Games and NAMCO BANDAI Studio’s special team looks pretty good, and it’s working great. In order to take advantage of the fact that there will be versions for two different systems, and to maximise and offer fun new gameplay elements, the entire team is going to work hard together. Thank you.
Hello, everyone. I’m Masaya Kobayashi of NAMCO BANDAI Studio. I’m so honored to be able to join the Super Smash Bros. team - that globally popular series of which Japan is particularly proud - and to work alongside Mr. Sakurai.

In order to make Mr. Sakurai proud, we will take on this project with NAMCO BANDAI’s best staff! Yo****o Higuchi, the producer and the director of the “Tales” series, Tetsuya Akatsuka, producer and director of “Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs.,” the art director/sound director of the “SoulCalibur” series, the main development team staff from the “TEKKEN” series…and that’s just for starters.

All the top creators from NAMCO BANDAI are gathered here to create a never-before-seen dream team for this project.

We will fully utilise our experience and knowledge in action/fighting game development, technical capability, and organisational strength, and we hereby promise you that we will develop the best and most powerful “Super Smash Bros.” titles ever! Don’t miss them!
Megaton. I like how that guy's name got censored here.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Nope, system only supports one touch pad controller. To implement that they'd need to remove multiplayer.

Breaking News: New smash bros. Game revealed to not be supporting multiplayer.

:phone:

EDIT: damn ninja quebeccers.
Actually they recently announced that you can have two touchpad controllers on one wiiU, so there would still be multiplayer, just no teams xD

But yeah that WiiU pro controller looks like it has some promise.

The thing that scares me the most about Sm4sh is the "new direction" that sakurai is taking it in. Like, he said it's going to be focused around the 3DS and WiiU connection between the two versions of the game, so that in itself really scares me. If it's too radically different from the regular smash formula, (like being in 3D or something dumb) it's gonna be terrible. (Even if it remained in the regular smash formula, it would probably still not be a very good competitive game, and something more along the lines of mario party)

Melee is gonna remain to be the golden standard for competitive smash for a long time.
And Project:M will be the best "new" (meaning not melee) competitive smash game when it's finished, or hell, even now.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Something being tested in 3DS and in WiiU together isnt as bad as you think it is. Making them both work together is pretty viable... it's just how they will do it that's worrying. I'm working on a project that involves both atm.

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
There's nothing to be worried about when melee is around.

I don't care about any new smash games, i'll play them just because I like smash in general, but melee is the standard for me from now on.

Patooty

Smash Ace
The WiiU standard controller is very light. Like an empty water bottle - cut in half. And the joysticks were not comfortable to use. I hope they change it up a bit before release.

Top Bottom