• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
I lose to your IC, seems like you lose my my everything whenever you're not IC.

kinda gaay
That's exactly right. It's not like I ever 3 stocked your Marth with Sheik or anything like that.
And who were you playing as when I almost beat you with Roy? Captain Falcon I think, was it? Almost beaten with Roy? Roy's garbage, is he not?
*coughcough*selective*cough*memory*COUGHCOUGHCOUGH*

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
Taking both days off from work is usually a quick ticket to unemployment when it's a part time job. I try and only ask for one weekend day off per month.
And barlw is a quick ticket to boredom.

Wait, actually it's a pretty slow ticket in this case 'cause it would take me about 2 hours just to get there, and the ride would probably be pretty boring. So I guess I would arrive bored and then soon wish that I was back on the comparitively exciting bus ride.

EDIT: CRAP! Double post. IMMA GONNA GIT BANNDDD!!!

Zero_P

Smash Ace
That's exactly right. It's not like I ever 3 stocked your Marth with Sheik or anything like that.
And who were you playing as when I almost beat you with Roy? Captain Falcon I think, was it? Almost beaten with Roy? Roy's garbage, is he not?
*coughcough*selective*cough*memory*COUGHCOUGHCOUGH*
*whenever you're not IC and I'm playing someone I actually know how to play

fix'd

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
*whenever you're not IC and I'm playing someone I actually know how to play

fix'd
Oh, so you mean when you're Falco and nobody else.:chuckle:

roy's fmash & Neutral B vs CF's recovery = GG. Of course, falcon should still win though ;)
As if nobody else can edgeguard Captain Falcon. Also, tech it!

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
And barlw is a quick ticket to boredom.

Wait, actually it's a pretty slow ticket in this case 'cause it would take me about 2 hours just to get there, and the ride would probably be pretty boring. So I guess I would arrive bored and then soon wish that I was back on the comparitively exciting bus ride.

EDIT: CRAP! Double post. IMMA GONNA GIT BANNDDD!!!
You do realize I was talking about making events on the same date as other events right? I don't care if you don't attend Brawl tournaments. I just say there shouldn't be two Smash events on the same day when one event was already previously scheduled for that date and people in the community have expressed interest in attending it.

Metà

Smash Master
You do realize I was talking about making events on the same date as other events right? I don't care if you don't attend Brawl tournaments. I just say there shouldn't be two Smash events on the same day when one event was already previously scheduled for that date and people in the community have expressed interest in attending it.
Why are you making this smashfest out to be a major event or something? It's just a few people playing some smash together, lighten up.

booshk

Smash Lord
does neone still play melee
i feel like some melee
MELEEEsdfl;skflsk

edit;
like u guys smashfset at ubc? U GUYS R HECTIC THAT SSO FAR :O

booshk

Smash Lord
ho **** thats so far
what happened to simple erics house:(
i was on his fb and everyones like bye n stuff.. WHERED U GO NUBIE ERIC<3<3 LOLOL jk
but seriously whered he go o_o

CrackHead

Smash Journeyman
Why are you making this smashfest out to be a major event or something? It's just a few people playing some smash together, lighten up.
yea srsly. :bee:

unityole

Smash Lord
ho **** thats so far
what happened to simple erics house:(
i was on his fb and everyones like bye n stuff.. WHERED U GO NUBIE ERIC<3<3 LOLOL jk
but seriously whered he go o_o
eric went on a trip around the world, if not then within/along canada. last i asked him he was at prince edward island.

hello bc n_n
if i have a few days off i'll try to come up for a weekend so we can get together for some fun times - it ALMOST happened a bit ago but I hope it can ACTUALLY happen soon haha
:o bowser come to SFU novem 8th for tourney?

kyuukyuu/tiep/ryan: attending as well k? k thanks

hello bc n_n

if i have a few days off i'll try to come up for a weekend so we can get together for some fun times - it ALMOST happened a bit ago but I hope it can ACTUALLY happen soon haha
and JAMES!! more sc and more sfu Nov 8th tourney plz, come rush!

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Because I complained about it before and I'm just being more outspoken now. I'm mostly confused as to why a smashfest was held when there was already a tournament scheduled for that date.

unityole

Smash Lord
Because I complained about it before and I'm just being more outspoken now. I'm mostly confused as to why a smashfest was held when there was already a tournament scheduled for that date.
i have already said, smashfest was planned long before than UBC tourney. and whats wrong with having smashfest? its 2 different games, and really in the end its up to people where they want to go.

unityole

Smash Lord
You said it was in the works but didn't announce jack (SEE WHAT I DID THERE?!) until way after. Different games, same community.
i dont really get what u meant. different games same community? if we were to play cs at sfu i can't host a cs tournament on the sameday when theres a brawl tournament at UBC? what are u talking about lol. it's really up to them if they're coming or not, on the other hand i also mentioned if not enough ppl show up i would just drop it.

smashfest isnt just about the game but also fun time, at least thats how i see it. on top of that, i was gonna go to UBC that day as well but was told there might not be enough TVs for other smash games, so i ended up not going.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I think he means UBC and SFU both hosting Melee events every weekend.

There are enough brawl players and will probably be lots of events once the newer brawl players are more comfortable with the community.

CrackHead

Smash Journeyman
the difference between going to ubc and sfu is that sfu has Jack. this was my thought process.

ooh ubc tourney,
oh **** sfu smashfest?
hmm does ubc have Jack?
NO, it doesnt.

so the choice was obvious,:)

but for reals ppl go where they want, sfu does attract more attention of the better players, then the other good players wanna go to play them cuz why purposly choose to play scrubs over ppl you can have fun with, and plus, it was brawl.

just let it goo :lick:

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
the difference between going to ubc and sfu is that sfu has Jack. this was my thought process.

ooh ubc tourney,
oh **** sfu smashfest?
hmm does ubc have Jack?
NO, it doesnt.

but for reals ppl go where they want, sfu does attract more attention of the better players, then the other good players wanna go to play them cuz why purposly choose to play scrubs over ppl you can have fun with, and plus, it was brawl.

Jack IS a smashfest.

AIDS

Smash Lord
MVP in BCS
We need a ****ing awards thread and Jack deserves the first one!
Or you can look at the 2007 awards on the first page of this thread and notice it is John(who doesn't even really play the game) for 2007.:ohwell:

Edit: I also shall make it easyer haha.
I present the Award to Mr. John Mach

Most Valuable Smasher
This is the most prestigious award of them all. This person is the one who has shown time and time again that they are excellent at this game. Mindgames, technicality, personality while smashing is just above the rest, and is easily seen by the entire community. So who has stood out enough in your mind to deserve this award?

2007 WINNER: John

unityole

Smash Lord
Or you can look at the 2007 awards on the first page of this thread and notice it is John(who doesn't even really play the game) for 2007.:ohwell:

John still attended pretty much every single event for the past like, 10 monthes. it's just recently he started play a bit less. I wouldnt say John doesnt play the game for '07. in fact i recall that before eric started winning more, it's mostly john who win most of the melee singles, if not then at least hes one of the most consistent player ive seen.

i will receive my award when the Ottawa Senators win the stangley cup, which is highly unlikely :(. SENATORS!!!

Metà

Smash Master

That's 2007. Yes, John is and was amazing.

But Jack has done so much for the community this year:
*hosting many successful tournaments/smashfests
*keeping SSB64 alive
*being Jack

Jack deserves a f*cking medal.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
The MVP doesn't have to be the best player Keith, just the most valuable. Like Ryan Smyth on the Oil back in the day, or Redden on the Sens back in the day, there were players much better than them, but they made the team what it is.
Jack should presented with the trophy titled "Jack FTW"

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
i dont really get what u meant. different games same community? if we were to play cs at sfu i can't host a cs tournament on the sameday when theres a brawl tournament at UBC? what are u talking about lol. it's really up to them if they're coming or not, on the other hand i also mentioned if not enough ppl show up i would just drop it.

smashfest isnt just about the game but also fun time, at least thats how i see it. on top of that, i was gonna go to UBC that day as well but was told there might not be enough TVs for other smash games, so i ended up not going.
The Smash community and CS community aren't the same. Brawl and Melee are the same community for the most part.

ooh ubc tourney,
oh **** sfu smashfest?
hmm does ubc have Jack?
NO, it doesnt.

That was my point though o.o; There shouldn't have been an SFU Smashfest to go to. UBC already posted their plans and tournament. That should have been the one tournament that day. SFU should have been rescheduled.

Top Bottom