• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

unityole

Smash Lord
$5 Tournament Melee !!! I'm gonna **** you all so hard since I didn't get a chance to do it last time. And I haven't smoked weed all week so I might actually do slightly better.... or slightly worse?
well this saturday if i open it at 11ish, only Roby, me, Yakal and Matt would be there. Adam, Tony, Evan and Quinn won't come till later in the afternoon cause they got some things to do.

While I've never been to a UBC Smash tournament, you're probably right about this; I can't imagine it could top our awesome smashfests. Remember that time we didn't play Brawl even once? Too good.
thats prob cause it's their first tourney. My first tourney sucked and i went singles before doubles, wtf!!?!

I want local smashfests! erhghghhh..closer to ubc plz. if you live near UBC, then come to the crappy little brawl tournament to play some melee/n64 friendlies and mm..ill bring setups for both if there are avaliable tvs..
thats very tempting, 64 friendlies and mm eh? i would be fine just for the friendlies alone but if u want mm thats okay with me too. but apparently they told me that most TVs gonna be used for couple hrs (6ish) straight for their brawl tournament, so no TVs for other games until way later, which is why im not going.

i still dont know what a smashfest is (NOOB) is it like.. not a tournament? or just to hang out and play smash? o_o with no money involved besides mm's?
smashfests are just people get together and play smash, the game they love.

WHEN I LIVE IN VANCOUVER, whether it's the 2 months I spend there for my apprenticeship or if I ever actually move there, the smash community will >>>>>> all (except well...alot...Quebec for example)
You get my point
when u're here we'll play tons of smashes

Jack, let's start early and have a $5 melee tournament =D. But I might not be able to come anyway -- babysitting.
lol whos gonna come that early? on top of that theres too lil people, its gonna be real hard to pull that off lol

UBC has an event this week. Why are you guys so hellbent on having an event at SFU every week that another event is going on? Be it GameClucks, Kelowna, or UBC... every time someone wants to do an event nearby, you seem to hold a small tournament at the same time at SFU.
i had this biweekly idea for a while now,just never really got response from smashers so didn't really talked about it in the past. I originally planed to go to UBC, since i was told by the host that i could bring 64 setup for some 64 games, not expecting that much anyway.

now hearing that they need all TVs for brawl events for 5+ hrs, wont get any 64/melee games at all, ontop of that gotta pay venue fee + long travel, not worth it.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Ughhh I might actually not go to SFU.

It sucks cause I really wanna go play Melee more, but my weekends are so situational it's either make or break in a finger snap.

I will definitely try to go though.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
well this saturday if i open it at 11ish, only Roby, me, Yakal and Matt would be there. Adam, Tony, Evan and Quinn won't come till later in the afternoon cause they got some things to do.
I could be there that early. Should I come that early? I need to know because I don't want to be stuck alone doing nothing for hours waiting so TELL ME IF IT STARTS THAT EARLY!!!

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Can't make it. I'll be glad to see this biweekly thing starting up, though? I have midterms in the next 2 weeks so don't know how much smash I'll be playing...

Have fun though, guys!

Supertramp

Smash Cadet
im torn.. I live so close to UBC and im free this saturday for once..but if no melee/n64 players are coming im not coming to play barlw (which I have proudly only played once). is ANYONE good coming to UBC? I dont want to have the ride the 25 brentwood station for an hour..

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
im torn.. I live so close to UBC and im free this saturday for once..but if no melee/n64 players are coming im not coming to play barlw (which I have proudly only played once). is ANYONE good coming to UBC? I dont want to have the ride the 25 brentwood station for an hour..
UBC to SFU really isn't that harsh. Just 99 B-Line to Commercial Dr station. Skytrain to Production Way. 145 B-Line to SFU. If you're right beside UBC, go to the UBC tournament on Saturday.

You guys are such babies! GVR Transit can get you just about anywhere and it's not like they're in shady regions. I bussed to Wally's on East Hastings for my first tourney! Which reminds me, what the hell made you guys decide to hold a tourney at Wally's? XD

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
MP3 players and handheld gaming devices were made for this reason =) Or maybe I just spend so much of my day on transit anyway that I don't mind. It's 1 or 1.5 hours for me to get to school and about 40 minutes for me to get to work every day...

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
MP3 players and handheld gaming devices were made for this reason =) Or maybe I just spend so much of my day on transit anyway that I don't mind. It's 1 or 1.5 hours for me to get to school and about 40 minutes for me to get to work every day...
But why should I waste over 4 hours of the day just going to and from UBC when I can just go to SFU and play a better game?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
You guys are such babies!
Quoted for ****ing truth. I have to drive 5 ****ing hours to play a single match that I'm actually not favored in and that goes for all of the 3 smash games at this point. You know you have it good when the most you can complain about is a few $ and some waiting time.

*****es

lol

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
But why should I waste over 4 hours of the day just going to and from UBC when I can just go to SFU and play a better game?
Because the SFU one shouldn't have happened in the first place. We should have been one combined community and more people from UBC should have been introduced to that community instead of people just going off to play in their own little elitist corner at SFU.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Because the SFU one shouldn't have happened in the first place. We should have been one combined community and more people from UBC should have been introduced to that community instead of people just going off to play in their own little elitist corner at SFU.
Quoted for ****ing truth again

unityole

Smash Lord
Quoted for ****ing truth. I have to drive 5 ****ing hours to play a single match that I'm actually not favored in and that goes for all of the 3 smash games at this point. You know you have it good when the most you can complain about is a few $ and some waiting time.
babies are awesome, they suck nipples. but seriously, i've talked about the bi-weekly/ weekly thing on smashboard long before UBC's tourney thread. if u look back on some of the posts ive made im sure u can find it.

i try to make it worth james' time, but its very hard. next time if you're here then i hope you can stay for at least couple days straight b4 heading back

Tourney... 1st weekend of November... before CAST 4

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
IT'S JUST A VIDEO GAME! Particularly one that I don't really enjoy playing and if nothing was happening at SFU I still wouldn't have gone to UBC 'cause I'm simply not interested.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
hello bc n_n

if i have a few days off i'll try to come up for a weekend so we can get together for some fun times - it ALMOST happened a bit ago but I hope it can ACTUALLY happen soon haha

Supertramp

Smash Cadet
I have an extremely ****ty memory, and im trying to figure out who I played with at UBC..
what are your accounts on SWF, cedrick, tony and gary? I can't even connect the names to faces by now haha

Patooty

Smash Ace
btw people, if you want your matches uploaded in the future:

put your tags on
stop the recording before your match
stop the recording after your match

Zero_P

Smash Ace
I have an extremely ****ty memory, and im trying to figure out who I played with at UBC..
what are your accounts on SWF, cedrick, tony and gary? I can't even connect the names to faces by now haha
Ced = Ced
Tony = Dieslow
Gary = Fox machine

@tiep, stop the recording before a match? Like...what? lol

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
IT'S JUST A VIDEO GAME! Particularly one that I don't really enjoy playing and if nothing was happening at SFU I still wouldn't have gone to UBC 'cause I'm simply not interested.
I wasn't talking about a video game. I was talking about the local community based around that video game franchise. Last time I checked, we weren't in Second Life.

I'm just saying that scheduling smashfests and tournaments on the same day as other tournaments is a really petty move. It's happened multiple times now.

unityole

Smash Lord
****it to hell i want manuel to come, man he's so awesome O_O
****it to hell i want manuel to come, man he's so awesome O_O
Manuel has touched him like no other
hello bc n_n

if i have a few days off i'll try to come up for a weekend so we can get together for some fun times - it ALMOST happened a bit ago but I hope it can ACTUALLY happen soon haha
YEHS! That's my birthday! Jack, you are amazing.
vids are going up as I type this. Here's my channel, you'll see vids pop up once in a while as you refresh.

http://uk.youtube.com/user/Patooty84

I'm not born in 84

Also, one thing to note, I made, I guess a youtube noobie mistake. Next batch of videos I upload will be in higher quality.
Thankyouuuuu Tiiiieeeepppppp
yay

now I can watch awesome fun fun gogo juice timez
btw people, if you want your matches uploaded in the future:

put your tags on
stop the recording before your match
stop the recording after your match
Ced = Ced
Tony = Dieslow
Gary = Fox machine

@tiep, stop the recording before a match? Like...what? lol
YES! PLEAZE DO! And try to avoid changing your tag three times a day, I'M LOOKIN' AT YOU MANUEL!!!

And I killed you with Nana while my shield was broken. POWER RANK PLEASE!!!
I wasn't talking about a video game. I was talking about the local community based around that video game franchise. Last time I checked, we weren't in Second Life.

I'm just saying that scheduling smashfests and tournaments on the same day as other tournaments is a really petty move. It's happened multiple times now.

no, NO JOHNS

Top Bottom