• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

unityole

Smash Lord
so Thursday at noon?
YEP YEP CED and or CORBIN!!!, this thursday at noon-ish. its open for smashfest.
if possible bring your wii? and controller?, controller is a must thats for sure.

And alright, Thursday would be our sole chance, huh?
What's the schedule and address, if I may ask? If we've got a free evening, could be sweet to drop by.
yes thursday is probably your only chance to meet quite a few bc barlw smashers.
schedule? this is a university, its open 24/7 but, try not to be here too early. noon till nighttime, come whenever.

address, SIMON FRASER UNIVERSITY! Burnaby Mountain Campus. University highstreet 8888. CALL ME FOR MORE INFO?

cell # 604 722 7798.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Mar~velous, Unityole.
We'll come by if our evening is devoid of any worthwhile touristic activity.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
yoooo lol
I'll be there on Thursday, Also SMASH TODAY ANYONE?

And watching brawl tournament matches and **** online is so boring... I still believe high rated Ragnarok server is the most tactical RPG game out there. At least for me it was since everyone in the server just spammed JT and DS with quad hydras lol.

It takes a lot of knowledge and keyboard technical skill as most games. Well maybe not as much as korean w3 players.

unityole

Smash Lord
if I ever had any ability to play melee I have completely lost it .

Brawl destroyed any melee game I had. :[
playing with gc controller and right after play some 64, feels weird.
my fingers would spam z/l for no apparent reason in brawl and in 64 woudl be trying to do l cancel.

this thursday, we got yakal, matt, firestorm + 3 friends, me + a couple (4-5) of SFU students, robyextreme, tiep and maybe tony?

ADAM, u coming?

we got 4 TVs so we can really have some decent melee and brawl going, hopefully we'll get 2 setups for each game.

AIDS

Smash Lord
if I ever had any ability to play melee I have completely lost it .

Brawl destroyed any melee game I had. :[
that is funny man, pick a game, Bawrl?
you have a brawl sig, it is clear where your heart is. =)
I hope one day you will be reserected Rampage. otherwise life is meaningless.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I try and balance the smash games (except 64 cause I don't have it which sucks harsh but I guess SC covers that) now that I got my melee disk back so I'm not really improving in any of the games, just keeping what I had from last time, which kind of sucks. At least it's still ok though. :\

Samus, are you coming to MOST1?
PLLLLEEEASSSEE come to Kelowna :'[

Yakal is good online in Barlw, irl, meh. That's right, it's on! IKE DITTO! >:[
lol

Artemis Fowl is an incredible series and everyone should read every book. It is truely one of the best books ever written. I hope my book turns out close to as well written, created and pieced together as that great story. I just finished the 6th book of the series today, and it's really amazing. I suggest getting them all and reading them from beginning to end. The story is wonderfull.

I'd just like everyone to know that I tied the series of SC between Eric and I today with 2 wins. The first being a Zealot rush and the second being a DT and Archon combo to get rid of his workers. I am proud of this acomplishment and want it to be known once I win our 5th match and I can actually say that I am at least better than Eric at something (cause smash isn't working). Thank you.
(melee doesn't count as Eric>meX10 cause he fires lazers at me, it's just X9, which I guess is good too)
;]

Smashfest at my house August 9th if anyone is interested...*whistles*
And another one called MOST1 august 16th if Samus...er, I mean anyone is interested...

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
It's so ON!!! >:[

Ced and Corbin!
There are people that want to follow you to Kelowna and need info, please contact me here, on AiB or on msn at inkyjr [dot] C0m

cedrick

Smash Apprentice
yo not too sure if were gonna come up. greyhound is like $90 each round trip coquitlam to kelowna. also i might be working those days so its still up in the air.

we'll dro p by sfu thursday though and play some smash with you all

Eggz

Smash Hero
$$ tourney!
Too pricy for me to get there for it...I should check to see if my passport is even valid anymore just in case there is one that I would go to soon! D:

I bet even Eggz double missled at least once before. Everybody has done something like a double fair before, even by accident, like when I win, like wtf how does that happen?! And sometimes there's this thing called a tipper, like total hax. And the cape! EGGZ!!!
CHEATERS EVERYWHERE!

is this topic over yet? I'm just trowing out random things :p

Oh, can't forget Rest. Like Jiggz how does that move kill? She just sleeps when I do it?

lol sry, I just played melee with my little bros friends and they're really bad but hilarious. Link UpB = Broken for them HAHAHA
passports arent required till next year (again lol)

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Eggz: lol how does this stuff keep changing? I can't follow!
Also, wanna Brawl sometime wifi? I'm trying to get back into that online stuff cause I need some motivation (after August, I'm out of luck getting to SFU until November(ish)). Someone's gotta keep these Okanagan players up to speed on the metagame!

Manli is manli! etc etc

Janitor: No way! I have relatives in Red Dear! And also there's probably going to be an NHL game in either Calgary or Edmonton then so I can go to one of those too! That was gonna be my ace in the hole to give me enough for a "going to Edmonton" trip and be worth it. Perhaps this is time for some calls to plan a trip through Alberta? YES!! >;^]

Ced: Corbin told me you were coming, you HAVE to now ;]
lol jk
That would be great if you could though, I'd beg you and tell you all the nice things about your hair and how wonderfull it would look in Ktowns tourist season sun but I'm sure you'll make the right choice anyway...bring Jack with you too...and Eric...and Samus...

Rampage! Snake<Random!
This ain't gonna end till it's over! IKE DITTO!!!
>:[

Edit: Artemis Fowl is such a good book! Wow...

Also
Pizza=Smash
Cake=SC
facts*

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Janitor: No way! I have relatives in Red Dear! And also there's probably going to be an NHL game in either Calgary or Edmonton then so I can go to one of those too! That was gonna be my ace in the hole to give me enough for a "going to Edmonton" trip and be worth it. Perhaps this is time for some calls to plan a trip through Alberta? YES!! >;^]
:3

Doooo itttttt.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
HOLLY CRAP! My Birthday present just arrived (5 days late but whatever) and it's HUGE!!!

Plato: The Complete Works
It's like a dictionary lol

Also, Science Of Mind, looks pretty sweet too.

Also, Artemis Fowl was for my bday. Again, that whole series is incredible. I'm actually going to re-read 2 through 5. Already read the first one twice. It's just a back bone for the actual story and is referenced a lot later in the series. It's a good book in itself but the story that follows goes beyond the typical, even beyond that which is already beyond the typical in the first one.

Also, I'm gonna make a combo vid of the highlights of replays in Barlw, I save anything that has something wacky in it. Example: I was the first one to find the new Yoyo glitch. ;]

Also, I just spoke to a contact regarding a trip there, my relatives are still there and I may bring my bros, who are both smashers too. One of them is competitive, even wins against me given the right match up. ;]

Also, I bake hella good cookies...

Also, when is that big cross Canada PR comin? I'd like to see that haha. nvm, Random>All anyway :\

Trozz

Smash Ace
Wouldn't be able to go to Kelowna on the 9th. I'd still be in Shambhala at the time.

Jan '09 smash sounds rad. Confirm me. xD

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I knew he was haxing the game! There was only one way to know as much as he did, more than frame counters, more than the most advanced technology to date...He IS the game!
o.O

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
probably, heartless is one thing and you could say that on so many levels that are completely unrelated to mindless stabbing. This is just odd. For some reason I'm not even surprised in the slightest, it's like an every day thing that some lunatic goes crazy. There aren't any more crazy people in the world than there used to be, just way more people, which in turn keeps the kinds of people proportional to the population. Expect the next few years to be a little wacky.

Not saying this cause it's going to be a regular thing or anything, I just think people will have to watch them selves, bus security wont save anyone, neither will airport security or mall security. Tough times ahead on all fronts of the norm. :\

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Oy!
Just called unityole to see what's up with today's fest, but it seems these end a bit too soon for us; considering we're tourists, we pretty much have stuff to do every afternoons, but then our evenings are usually much more open to random stuff.

Unityole you say you might do another one this Tuesday, but then I realized that if it's still a mainly afternoon type of thing, we probably won't make it either :p If you were doing it just to give us a second chance to show up, I'd say don't bother if it's going to end this soon again, sorry for that!

We'll keep checking up on the forum onde in a while to see if something pops up till the 6th ( although we don't have the net in our stupid hotel room ).

Thanks for hospitality, guys.

( P.S. It is way too cold in vancouver at this time of year! )

unityole

Smash Lord
well tuesday i got all day, so if theres a smashfest i can be there till like 11pm or maybe midnight, then i'll have to study for finals past midnight till i fall asleep. hopefully people got time on tuesday..

today 4th day playing brawl that im actually trying to win. freaking yakal sandbag vs me again i will trash you at the next tourney, on YOUR own TV =D, j/k. tony your brawl skills in general just too ****, i learned a few tricks from you today but i'm still trying to get use to most characters, delays, lag and stun time etc, and hitbox range and their attack animation.

although i leared tricks im having bad habits, dont reall know how to apply them and stuff, more lessons in the future please.

ced, corbin: so i guess it's no more kelowna tourney..? good playing with you guys today though, learned how a good DK should be, ftilt + downB + utilt = long range > mk's sword.

rushan: thanks for coming, even though only 2 of you came, not 4 :O and thanks for bringing the wii again.

manli: try to leave at a later time for future smashfest?

Top Bottom