• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Im pretty sure Airo has the videos from the TV in the halls. He just doesnt want to upload them to the public. Its his private study vids! >>

And the ride down to Gameclucks by train is about $70-$80 then theres the money for the tournament and food. So about $120 I think is good.

Popsicler

Smash Cadet
ummm...its unconfirmed as of yet...but i just wanted to give some heads up...might be a smash tourney at my house this saturday...we'll call it JIDST(james is dying smash tourney)...yeah...sadly there would be a limit of 10people

Metà

Smash Master
Come on guys. This is the chance for all of you to show what you got and improve BIG TIME. Washington is GREAT practice 4 smash. Me and John are pretty sure we're going and I think Robbie and his brother are also interested. Lets get as much Canada rep as we can. Ask your parents now! plan! save up! get the time off work/school! Whatever! Just make it!
I doubt my parents will let me go to this, but I'm sure they'd be more inclined to let me if they knew how I was getting there. Answers please?

The Beef

Smash Cadet
This is The Beef's first post!!! *excited*

Okay... so most of you know me as Robbie's nOOb brother....

Now that the introduction is out of the way... Robbie is going to be in Scotland March the 10th... i dunno why he's going over there... i think he wants to learn how to be scotish... or something...

Anyways, i would most likely be interested in going to Gameclucks.... as such... i would have an extra seat in my car for anyone that wants to go but can't afford the train...

Driving costs about FREE dollars... but you'll have to pay me like 15 bucks total for gas... other than that, it's free...

So someone who is poor and doesn't mind my company should give me a shout, and i'll gladly drive them down with me... i'd take more if it wasn't for my stoopid canadian "N rule"... oh well... i get my full license in january... until then... i can take only one...

Just let me know, i don't smell or anything and i like to listen to loud rock music on the way down... we can also hook up a TV in the car if you want to practice wavedashing in the back seat... i guess it'll be less fun without two people playing... but ridicoulous nonetheless...

any takers?

(I also need a doubles partner... i'm fairly terrible, but am learning pretty quickly... so anyone that would be willing to take me under their wing would be very appreciated... i really enjoy doubles... i wish robbie were around to team up... but since he's not... i'll take whoever is willing to accept my blunderous fox...)

The Beef

Smash Cadet
Let's hear it for Eggz spelling talents!!!!!!!!!!!! OH NOE HE DIDN'T

Just kidding, i love you Eggz... you can have my teriakyakyay chicken any day...

Oh by the way... i watched your combo video the other day... i really really enjoy your Mario... it's so fluid... really fun to watch...

Someday... when i actually have some skill... i will have one of those crazy Money Matches you kids are always talking about with you... but i'll wait until i'm decent before i do that... i don't see the point in throwing challenges down at people when they are plainly 100X better than you... what's up with people that do that???????? i guess it's fun to lose money??? *cough cough*

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
are you alberta beef?, i might take you up on that ride :p loud rock music is good ^^

Let's hear it for Eggz spelling talents!!!!!!!!!!!! OH NOE HE DIDN'T

Just kidding, i love you Eggz... you can have my teriakyakyay chicken any day...

The Beef

Smash Cadet
I used to be Alberta Beef... and then everyone was like "why, you're from BC" and i tried explaining it to them.......... because Alberta beef tastes better... and then i grew weary of it... so now i'm just The Beef...

And who are you???? Have i met you?

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
i took you outa the tourny at erics, i was the samus player , im sorry :( but are you sure your aloud to do that with your N?, and im not 100% sure i can go yet :p :(

I used to be Alberta Beef... and then everyone was like "why, you're from BC" and i tried explaining it to them.......... because Alberta beef tastes better... and then i grew weary of it... so now i'm just The Beef...

And who are you???? Have i met you?

The Beef

Smash Cadet
Ahhhh, the Samus player... Kyle right??? hahahah, yeah i'm sure i'm allowed to take one person with my N... i'm not sure how many people are gonna ask me for a ride though.................. if one of my close buddies wants a ride i'll probably take them... nothing personal against you or anything.... but yeah... i'll let you know 100% for sure in a couple days... find out if you can go or not.... if no one in my immediate circle of friends wants to go i'll take you for sure :)

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
i understand friends before samus's :p im surprised you remembered my name though lol, anyways good to know il ttyl :p add me on msn if you have it Camerican_p5ych0@hotmail.com

Ahhhh, the Samus player... Kyle right??? hahahah, yeah i'm sure i'm allowed to take one person with my N... i'm not sure how many people are gonna ask me for a ride though.................. if one of my close buddies wants a ride i'll probably take them... nothing personal against you or anything.... but yeah... i'll let you know 100% for sure in a couple days... find out if you can go or not.... if no one in my immediate circle of friends wants to go i'll take you for sure :)

Shermanator

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. My friends and I are a small group of Smashers in Victoria who are looking to expand our game by playing some new people. I guess I was just wondering if there are any others in Victoria who want to hook up, or if any tourny/smashfest action has been going down in Vancouver lately that we could attend in the future. We pretty much suck in terms of advanced techniques and stuff, but we're working on that. I think fighting a larger variety of people will help us though. Let me know and maybe we can work somthing out.

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
ah darn, my birthday is in june...

I lived a good life.

Spin, don't use such eggzplicit language on the boards.
Why do you want an earthquake so badly?, one that is suppost to litterly tear down your hose, freindly neiborhood smashers houses, and reck your video games!!!!!
Normally I would go on a rant about Fascism and how political correctness and censorship are just another form of it, and tell you the step off, and all that jazz. I'm not really in that sort of mood though. Been down all day. Maybe you're right, maybe I should stop swearing. Also, SpiN is dead. I don't play with that tag anymore.

I'm looking forward to it. If I survive, I will be living through a revolution, really. I'm praying for rain. I'm praying for tidal waves. I wanna see the ground give way. I wanna watch it all go down. Mom please flush it all away. I wanna see it go right in and down. I wanna watch it go right in. Watch you flush it all away...

And If i don't survive, then the pointlessness of life is confirmed. I can die knowing my existence was all for nothing.

Havent you ever just wanted to wake up to find everything is gone? Have you ever wanted to find that the place you knew is gone, destroyed, and everybody has to start over? I know I have.

One more quote:
[ummm...its unconfirmed as of yet...but i just wanted to give some heads up...might be a smash tourney at my house this saturday...we'll call it JIDST(james is dying smash tourney)...yeah...sadly there would be a limit of 10people]

Okay. I should be the last person on this board saying this. I have said alot of inappropriate things, I have said alot of offensive things. But that, just tips it... That is a completely tasteless name for a tourney. I like James, he's a good guy. That's well.. pretty sick. Tourney name: Unacceptable.I have nothing more to say on this issue.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
cool, that's very close... I live like a 2 minute walk from Royal Oak station
zOMG so do I. Not really, but "Genesis FTW" lives quite close to ROYAL OAK station too. In fact, here is a list of all Burnaby Smashers [to the best of my knowledge]

- Manuel [firexemblemxpryde]
- Robbie [Genesis FTW]
- Roby [Robyxtreme]
- Keith [AIDS]
- James [Popsicler]
- David [The Beef]
- UltimaSmash
- Darius [Radius-86]
- Wilfred
- Random people I've forgotten [kick me?]

This is The Beef's first post!!! *excited*

Okay... so most of you know me as Robbie's nOOb brother....

Now that the introduction is out of the way... Robbie is going to be in Scotland March the 10th... i dunno why he's going over there... i think he wants to learn how to be scotish... or something...

Anyways, i would most likely be interested in going to Gameclucks.... as such... i would have an extra seat in my car for anyone that wants to go but can't afford the train...

Driving costs about FREE dollars... but you'll have to pay me like 15 bucks total for gas... other than that, it's free...

So someone who is poor and doesn't mind my company should give me a shout, and i'll gladly drive them down with me... i'd take more if it wasn't for my stoopid canadian "N rule"... oh well... i get my full license in january... until then... i can take only one...

Just let me know, i don't smell or anything and i like to listen to loud rock music on the way down... we can also hook up a TV in the car if you want to practice wavedashing in the back seat... i guess it'll be less fun without two people playing... but ridicoulous nonetheless...

any takers?

(I also need a doubles partner... i'm fairly terrible, but am learning pretty quickly... so anyone that would be willing to take me under their wing would be very appreciated... i really enjoy doubles... i wish robbie were around to team up... but since he's not... i'll take whoever is willing to accept my blunderous fox...)
You asked me, I said yes. I'm going to gameclucks lol.

I sort of live in Burnaby, a home away from school. Pretty close to Royal Oak station too. I'll be there this weekend.
You'll be in bby? Someone host something. Preferably a tournament. =)

...would you sleep with us?
Quoted for urgency.

You mother ****er.
Quoted for truth.

=)

Popsicler

Smash Cadet
...yes...who ever came up with that name was right on the money!!...oh man...that was me...im on the money!! DROP THE BEAT!!...and then bring it back!!!...and then go to gameclucks in place of me:(...and then become expert intestinal surgeons and cure me so i can go next time:)

robyextreme

Smash Ace
I will be hosting a local tournament on Saturday to decide the power rankings.. I'll provide food and drinks for those who enter in the the tournament.

All the information will be posted tomorrow as soon as I speak with Adam.

Metà

Smash Master
I'm down for this as long as I can make it there. I'll be in downtown Vancouver in the morning, but I'll see if I can come. I will be doing lots of money matches, so make sure you bring extra $$$ everyone!

EDIT: Isn't Wilfred in Ontario?

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Ohhh check it.. TEAM JR! tcheuh!

I for sure wanna be there. Do we have enough room? it's easy to get to at least.

//edit :// robbie, you wanna do our mm there?

i will also money match anyone except JERT. Advanced slobs.

Metà

Smash Master
Oh yeah, and if my crew comes, we'll be having a crew battle with you Manli, so be ready. Our crew is currently me, Kaleb, Matt, and Nathan. Put 5$/person on it.

robyextreme

Smash Ace
I live on Imperial/McKay.. this is about 2 blocks south from metrotown. So it's not really to hard to get there.

Currently I have 3 T.V's and someone is bringing one so thats 4, I could use more. I hope 6+

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
...yes...who ever came up with that name was right on the money!!...oh man...that was me...im on the money!! DROP THE BEAT!!...and then bring it back!!!...and then go to gameclucks in place of me:(...and then become expert intestinal surgeons and cure me so i can go next time:)
You are james *sudden realiztion*.... DOH!
Well either way, I uh... stick by my words. I won't let you degrade um... yourself, or uh...

Someone help me out here...

As a Side note, I am looking for a new Doubles Partner.
I need someone who is either patient enough to put up with the apparently increadable learning curve I'm facing in terms of dealing with what i most often hear from my team mate: "You idiot! Stop hitting me!", or someone who is just really good at dodging FF turnips. Yeah.

Also, I've thought about it. I'm not good enough to be in a crew. Therefore, I am leaving the crew of which I have founded. I may still do crew battles fighting on the side of SSS (assuming they decide to let me), but I no longer wish to be known as a dedicated member.

Furthermore, I am no longer playing with my tag "SpiN". I no longer wish to be known by that tag. That is all.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I doubt my parents will let me go to this, but I'm sure they'd be more inclined to let me if they knew how I was getting there. Answers please?
I THINK David (Robbie's AKA Genesis FTW's) older brother is going to drive me, and the 2 of them down there again. If I don't end up going with them then I'll take the train w/John who said he's gunna go. So Evan the method of transportation will be Train.

ALSO!!!!: Valentines Day SMASH at my apartment today starting at 4pm ending at 10pm.

robyextreme

Smash Ace
I THINK David (Robbie's AKA Genesis FTW's) older brother is going to drive me, and the 2 of them down there again. If I don't end up going with them then I'll take the train w/John who said he's gunna go. So Evan the method of transportation will be Train.

ALSO!!!!: Valentines Day SMASH at my apartment today starting at 4pm ending at 10pm.
Valentines day has no meaning to me this year. :laugh: I'll come down to your house right after work should be there around 4:30'ish.

Top Bottom