• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Patooty

Smash Ace
Erm...I wouldn't go MM'ing people you don't know/haven't played, unless you're really confident. You should probably hold back your deals bro; this is your first tourney.
Just want you to know that if everybody thought that way, no money matches would ever occur anywhere by/with anyone... ever. What your friend's doing is actually one of the funnest ways to play, and one of the best ways to introduce yourselves where you MM someone you've never met before. If you're only gonna MM people who you know 100% that you're gonna win against, you may as well tell them to pay you in order to play you in a set :ohwell:

And I dunno why everyone so scared of this new popcorn guy...

Popcorn, MM $5 best of 3 standard rules. Be there or be circle. But not really.

KyUuKyUu

Smash Ace
Hopefully far away from anybody who wants to know
WAIT

I go to St. George's, whoever was talking about that two pages back, who are you?

edit: meta didn't you double post in the Dec. 16th tourney thread too

edit2:
tell me how good a guy named micheal mah is if you play him.
Michael Mah's the brother of a friend of mine in the same grade, and if his brother's any indication, he's garbage lol. Emubreath and I are the only SWF-smashers at Saints afaik.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Hmm...I don't know if it's such a good idea to be MM'ing this 'PopCorn' guy; he could be Ryan... =_=
It's his money, not yours.

Just want you to know that if everybody thought that way, no money matches would ever occur anywhere by/with anyone... ever. What your friend's doing is actually one of the funnest ways to play, and one of the best ways to introduce yourselves where you MM someone you've never met before. If you're only gonna MM people who you know 100% that you're gonna win against, you may as well tell them to pay you in order to play you in a set :ohwell:

And I dunno why everyone so scared of this new popcorn guy...

Popcorn, MM $5 best of 3 standard rules. Be there or be circle. But not really.
The Popcorn is SOOO mindgame-ish.

1nfern0x: MM $5, best of 5?

EVAN: MM my fox? $5?

plz at least REPLY to my MM offers ppl v_v

EDIT: Tiep makes an EXCELLENT point. The purpose of throwing down money is to get both players to go all out. It's my belief that one should sometimes challenge people they KNOW they can't beat to MM's in order to gain insight into how that person plays when they are having serious matches. For example, When Sastopher and Blair first came here, I had a $20 MM with Sas in which I lost and had a $5 MM with Blair in which I lost as well. However I don't think I've EVER gotten significantly better from a MM in my entire life. Especially after the one I had with Sas. I learned that Peach gets ***** on small stages and Agressive Peach pwns Ganon. I didn't fully understand that until then. It's amazing how much you can learn just from MMing someone who's better then you o_O

Peanut_Reactor

Smash Apprentice
i said that... and his brother meaning (i dont remember his name)... the short kid?
its awesome to know hes garbage cause another friend of mine was telling me how pro michael was... saying he played exactly like john with peach

Metà

Smash Master
I completely understand what you're saying, but I just don't want my friend to risk too much money on his first smash event, that's all.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
I am trying to arrange to get $50 up to Canada for the tournament as a donation to the Prize Pool as a Thank You from GameClucks for you guys making the trip down here to my tournaments.

if I can not get someone to pick up the cash from me, then I will try and use PayPal or something for it (though the IRS hates when I do that).

--GC Guy

Peanut_Reactor

Smash Apprentice
umm just cause he thinks sheik is a guy... doesnt mean hes garbage... just uninformed... he could still own at the game.. make sure for me... i think they play everyday at lunch =P

KyUuKyUu

Smash Ace
Hopefully far away from anybody who wants to know
umm just cause he thinks sheik is a guy... doesnt mean hes garbage... just uninformed... he could still own at the game.. make sure for me... i think they play everyday at lunch =P
I doubt it, but w/e I'll ask or check tomorrow, and if they do I'll play them

cept nobody knows me so that won't give an accurate skill gauge at all

wow sponsorship!

Is that gonna go to the pot or the house I wonder
He says it's going to the pot. :)
If anyone wants to moneymatch at the Canada tourney ill try to bring some extra $. anyone?
Carl, you HAVE too mm me, when were both warmed up so its not gay. XD

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
lol nice peanut anyway adam i was watching an oc2 video on youtube i havnt seen in a long time and they was showing crews man and then i looked into the light and i saw noobking:o http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI9MrspYj_M 1:30 in the video man ur in the DBR pic lol
Yes, I WAS at the tournament. And on a side note. DBR sux........... >.>

except King & Bob$. Germ is OK.

I completely understand what you're saying, but I just don't want my friend to risk too much money on his first smash event, that's all.
Thanks for blaitently ignoring and disregarding my MM offer Evan! :)

10$ Advanced slobs /5
3$ Ganon ditto

(Directed to Hero Sublime...XD Actually Adam)
Now that you know you're better then me ur not afraid to put up the BIG BUX eh? :laugh:

Ya sure motha ****a! :grrr:

See I walk what I talk. I JUST talked about MMing people you know are better then you ;)

Much <3 Eggz

I am trying to arrange to get $50 up to Canada for the tournament as a donation to the Prize Pool as a Thank You from GameClucks for you guys making the trip down here to my tournaments.

if I can not get someone to pick up the cash from me, then I will try and use PayPal or something for it (though the IRS hates when I do that).

--GC Guy
That's totally awesome of you man. We all really appreciate that. I'll be coming down with another smasher to the NEXT gameclucks actually. See you then ^_^

AIDS

Smash Lord
hey meta we finaly got a forth member to our crew and we wanna crew money match u guys on the 27th turnament

AIDS
ACE
GAMEPRO ($$$$)
SPIN

vs coquitlem, u name the price. u guys in for it? and yes adam but if i might add DSF is pretty good aswell:p anywho i saw you man and i am so disapointed u wanted to stick ur big bald white head in the light of the DBR pick!

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
hey meta we finaly got a forth member to our crew and we wanna crew money match u guys on the 27th turnament

AIDS
ACE
PROGAMER ($$$$)
SPIN

vs coquitlem, u name the price. u guys in for it? and yes adam but if i might add DSF is pretty good aswell:p anywho i saw you man and i am so disapointed u wanted to stick ur big head in the light of DBR!

Right, forgot about DSF. I actually was talking to him for quite a while. His real name is Alex. We were gunna smoke a dubie after the tournament but things didn't work out. Cool guy, from the city of COMPTON :cool:

AIDS

Smash Lord
lol yes i bet ud do that since robyextreme wasnt there to join you, and after the turnament isnt smart adam, if u smoked it before u coulda been pulling off some crazy mind games and made it farther lol maybe even won :p

1nfern0x

Smash Rookie
ok... popsicler im good for the 2v2 mm.

popcorn.. i've been warned not to fight ya but 5.01$ mm bring a penny.

noobking how bout 3$ mm best outa 5. im gonna run outa money if i throw TOO much money into fight's ill never win.

and to AIDS i think one of aint gonna be a the tourney. nathan or matt im not sure which.

AIDS

Smash Lord
well if lets say 2 members come and i got like 4 then each of us have 2 stock while they have 4 each we can work around it and to coquitlem crew we have decided $20 per crew

AIDS

Smash Lord
lol sorry i was out of it, need sleep XD thats my john right there plus i know u as scott and ppl prob dont expect u to be with us so its just a surprize, and aswell im sorry that this isnt a BtT MM :p

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
That reminds me, anyone want to have a Break the Target money match? Not sure how it would work but we could figure it out =)

Metà

Smash Master
Thanks for blaitently ignoring and disregarding my MM offer Evan! :)
I actually didn't notice the first time you asked. :( Anyway, I accept, but make it 3$ advanced slobs.
lol nice peanut anyway adam i was watching an oc2 video on youtube i havnt seen in a long time and they was showing crews man and then i looked into the light and i saw noobking:o http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI9MrspYj_M 1:30 in the video man ur in the DBR pic lol

Lol, too good. I didn't notice that earlier. :laugh:

Popsicler

Smash Cadet
dbr sucks...like...those fish you buy to clean algae of the tank...and all those things do is suck...so yeah...DBR=algae eating fish

PopCorn

Smash Rookie
yeah... most of DBR sucks but u still hav to acknowlage that u are nowhere near their skill.

Popsicler

Smash Cadet
indeed...they are much better than myself...i just dont like them...maybe if they were able to give me a life time supply of popsicles...the good kind...then id like them

1nfern0x

Smash Rookie
ya but they look cool and have inspired alot of people to play at a tourny level. if it wasn't for the crazy comboin alot of people would have looked at certain characters as boring, and those characters would rarely ever get picked up. puff for example, is in my oppinion a real boring character when played in actual matches. but look at king wop in people all the way to the deadzone and recovering.... **** thats sexy

also i bet you could mm them for popsicles or sumptin?!?!

Popsicler

Smash Cadet
wooah...mm for popsicles...that would be like...better than anything....ever....and i'll admit...if it wasnt for them i wouldnt have started playing smash...pm(popsicle match)...sounds down right awsome

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Jesus Keith get my name right, it's not hard :p
YA man this guy has been here since 2003 the BEGINNING!! PIONEERSZZZZZORRZZZ!!!

lol yes i bet ud do that since robyextreme wasnt there to join you, and after the turnament isnt smart adam, if u smoked it before u coulda been pulling off some crazy mind games and made it farther lol maybe even won :p
Def. makes me play worse. That was visible at 0C2... I smoked with Joanna Dark AFTER teams w/ John >.> and Cort was able to beat my ganon with his Peach, and Cort sux :ohwell:

ok... popsicler im good for the 2v2 mm.

popcorn.. i've been warned not to fight ya but 5.01$ mm bring a penny.

noobking how bout 3$ mm best outa 5. im gonna run outa money if i throw TOO much money into fight's ill never win.

and to AIDS i think one of aint gonna be a the tourney. nathan or matt im not sure which.
YA ok 1nfern0x sounds good to me

That reminds me, anyone want to have a Break the Target money match? Not sure how it would work but we could figure it out =)
LOL Scot :rotfl:

Popsicler

Smash Cadet
...three...are you crazy...thats alot...thats like...almost four and more than two...you talk a big game my friend...i myself am not manly enough to put popsicles on the line...they are just to darn good...i will however share....one....one per person who is better than me....in other words...beat me in any sort of match anytime on the 27th...and you will recieve a popsicle...i will be bringing lots i do hope

Top Bottom