• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Metà

Smash Master
Playing any video game as seriously and competitively as we do, I would consider to be nerdy. My definition of 'nerdy' may be a little different from yours.

And going even further to reply in these forums makes me even more nerdy--if that's even possible. I though I maxed out on nerdiness long ago...

Peanut_Reactor

Smash Apprentice
actually when i went to the SFU tournament i found many normal people.
although there were also many more not so normal people, but probably cause i haven't gotten to know them.
conclusion: not all SWF people/people who play smash competitively are nerdy.

theres a little bit of nerd in all of us =Z
and... some people may have been nerdy who didnt seem like it... so my conclusion may be false

Metà

Smash Master
actually when i went to the SFU tournament i found many normal people.
although there were also many more not so normal people, but probably cause i haven't gotten to know them.
conclusion: not all SWF people/people who play smash competitively are nerdy.

theres a little bit of nerd in all of us =Z
and... some people may have been nerdy who didnt seem like it... so my conclusion may be false
Keep in mind that normal and nerdy are subjective. I believe there is a very fine line between the two. Nerdy seems normal to me, so I can't really tell the difference. Everyone there seemed pretty nerdy to me, which is fine, because I'm used to hanging around nerds. I'm sorry if I'm blindly labelling people here, and if you're offended, please remember that a lot of the stuff I say online should not be taken seriously. I'm a /b/tard, what can I say. :ohwell:

robyextreme

Smash Ace
Keep in mind that normal and nerdy are subjective. I believe there is a very fine line between the two. Nerdy seems normal to me, so I can't really tell the difference. Everyone there seemed pretty nerdy to me, which is fine, because I'm used to hanging around nerds. I'm sorry if I'm blindly labelling people here, and if you're offended, please remember that a lot of the stuff I say online should not be taken seriously. I'm a /b/tard, what can I say. :ohwell:
Well I wasn't expecting to see a bunch of gangsters crowded around a T.V with glocks tucked under their belt when I went to my first tournament. ;) Although it's fun meeting local people and both enjoying the same thing without any previous friendship.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Bishop! Bishop, pick up the phone mother****er I know you're with Snoop!

Well I wasn't expecting to see a bunch of gangsters crowded around a T.V with glocks tucked under their belt when I went to my first tournament. ;) Although it's fun meeting local people and both enjoying the same thing without any previous friendship.

Haha, that's a step in the right direction for the global appeal of Smash. :) Anyone who witnesses but does not understand or participate in any kind of special interest group will inevitably refer to the whole lot of them as "nerds."

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Lol yes he is. He is 14 I think xD

Anyways... TEAR meet me inside the station in the McDonalds at around 5. Just walk into the station and turn left and you will see the McDonalds. I'll see you there!

Peanut_Reactor

Smash Apprentice
Does that include the 6'6 bald white guy with the piercing that 4 stocked your falco with Marth and then only 1 stocked it with Ganon?
first quote ever =D

hmmm that guy... adam right...
that guy looked SO nerdy like... one of the worst of the bunch..
haha jk =P
you look the most normal out of the bunch... really... stood out at the start for "talking like husband" and giving me a nice welcome =D

i wanna play your ganon when your not sandbagging on me =D
but that second match was fun for me... confidence boost =P

just as a note... anyone who asks this again i will politely say you do not look like a nerd.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
so am i a nerdly looking guy too? *bowser shirt, bowser dog tag, bowser wii, humongous bowser wall sticker, and the bowser toy's all displayed proudly at this time* ... *talks about bowser always*

WELL!?!?!?!

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
heyyy i have a question
about my mewtwo
for my improvement sake

regarding my current style in ground approach movements, not recovery.
i dano how to explain, but i generally mix in lots of dashdance and wavedance together and i have my own little habitual patterns that i am aware of.

my question... for those that play me often, are those ground movements of mine at predictable...

are they good? enough?

honesty please x.x

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
mewtwo approach = dtilt or grab... mix that with shadowball spam and there you go... but thats what you are doing already, haha maybe mookierah will help you if he ever gets on aim xD

this is actually gimpyfish, the last couple weren't xD

robyextreme

Smash Ace
I'm up for some smashing, if a few of you wanna come over you just need to get to metrotown skytrain and then survive yourself a 10 minute walk.

Manuel knows the way (Keep forgetting how to spell your name)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
This is how BC did... I think
Singles
Ryan - 5th?
Eric - 7th?
Tiep+John - 9th?
Adam 13th?

Doubles
Tiep+Ryan - 3rd
Me+Bladewise - 4th
Adam+Eric - 9th

1on1 team battle
Me - 3rd
Tiep - 5th

I had Ka-master on my very first match in singles... then 5 matches later Blair camped the **** outta me. I R SAD nowz
Im John btw...

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
This is how BC did... I think
Singles
Ryan - 5th?
Eric - 7th?
Tiep+John - 9th?
Adam 13th?

Doubles
Tiep+Ryan - 3rd
Me+Bladewise - 4th
Adam+Eric - 9th

1on1 team battle
Me - 3rd
Tiep - 5th

I had Ka-master on my very first match in singles... then 5 matches later Blair camped the **** outta me. I R SAD nowz
Im John btw...
Thanks for the update. Nice job guys!!

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
nvm Adam is not 13th. He is the rank after 13th... 16th? I dunno.

Note to self... Never counter pick Kongo Jungle against Blair and stick to Mute City or try Pokefloats.

Top Bottom