• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Metà

Smash Master
Hey you're in band evan, finally you can go to a place where your goal actually is too blow.
Hey, for all you know, I could play percussion or strings. But anyway, music > smash. ALWAYS

Oh and just so everyone knows, W.Toil indeed took out Evan's Coquitlam Crew.
More like, Manli took out Nathan. It all came down to a one on one between Nathan and Manli. From what I can remember, Matt dished out the pwnage and took out half your lives by himself. Your crew is somewhat unbalanced in skill.

Genesis FTW

Smash Apprentice
Hey, for all you know, I could play percussion or strings. But anyway, music > smash. ALWAYS

Percussion maybe, but i know you dont play strings because there arent strings in a band, and if there are then it is defined as an orchestra. Not a band. You'd think someone who's a know it all in band would know that.

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
... Troll much?!

Keith, james can beat your falco any day of the week, your falco has nothing on your fox which is why fox is your main, and you cant even beat james with your fox.
Hey you're in band evan, finally you can go to a place where your goal actually is too blow.
Oh and just so everyone knows, W.Toil indeed took out Evan's Coquitlam Crew.
Uhh... that's nice?

Percussion maybe, but i know you dont play strings because there arent strings in a band, and if there are then it is defined as an orchestra. Not a band. You'd think someone who's a know it all in band would know that.
Wow, I used to think trolls were exclusive to Imageboards... Guess i was wrong.

Wait a sec, how is music greater than smash!? *eye twitches*

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
That was a great tournament, and even though I got knocked out, its the furthest I've placed in a tournament. And I almost won my 2nd match in the losers bracket. :)

Anyways, to those who I know of I suppose I should give shout outs too, for all it counts:

Adam: Good as always with Ganondorf. Even though I only got one match in. At least I legitamately took off 1 stock. :p

Gimpyfish: Your Bowser is too good. I played one match against you in Friendlies and could only take a stock and a half off.

I don't know who else I VS'd who regularily goes to Smashboards, but I felt that the Young Link player I kept playing was pretty good.

And although I didn't get to play them: Eric, S-Royal, Ryan, John, and Sastopher seemed to play really well.

I'm glad that I was able to come, and I'm sure that next time I come to one of you guys' tournies's I'll improve my G&W, and Doc among other characters.

Genesis FTW

Smash Apprentice
Whoever keeps de-repping keith (AIDS) should seriously stop, all he's done is expressed his opinion which he has a right to do. It doesnt matter if you like his opinion or not, only de-rep him if he does something wrong, not expresses his opinion and you don't like it.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
I don't think you can keep de-repping someone so much. I think you have the spread the reps around with other people too. I haven't been able to +rep Ryan yesterday because it says you cannot rep this person. You need to share your rep with other people. Even though I repped a lot of people already.

Metà

Smash Master

No, you are wrong. Many concert bands emply violins to play additional parts, just like composers like Ravel and Shostakowich have used saxophones in orchestras. Also, every concert band should have a double bass.

AIDS

Smash Lord
still good time everyone and once again im just gunna ask ppl to stop de repping me now i need to work my way back up into the posatives, im already -13 and im just gunna say if u dont got a nice rep dont rep at all, iv done nothing rong and acting this way toward me isnt the right thing to do

Metà

Smash Master
Bass yes, but then you wouldve said i could play Bass, not i could play strings.

And do you have any strings besides bass in your band?
Yes, we have two violins in our band, who double the oboe part, because we don't have any oboes. Many composers, such as Copland and Holst, have used the violin and cello in concert band pieces, and violas are used to substitute english horns. Likewise, many bands have a cello to cover the bassoon part. Don't challenge me with musical knowledge, music is my life.

Genesis FTW

Smash Apprentice
In a true concert band you will have things such as oboes, english horns and bassoons. So by definition you are in an orchestra. Doesn't matter whats been done by definition a concert band will not have strings besides double bass.

Metà

Smash Master
In a true concert band you will have things such as oboes, english horns and bassoons. So by definition you are in an orchestra. Doesn't matter whats been done by definition a concert band will not have strings besides double bass.
What I'm saying is that it can have strings, not that it should have strings. I merely said that I could have played strings because I could have, you've never seen my band, how would you know? Anyway, this is pointless.

Peanut_Reactor

Smash Apprentice
i have very few people on smashboards on msn so none would see me on youtube? =Z
being: troy, john, adam, roby, eric, edmund, toby, kyle (not too sure who this is), just added manuel, wesley
may have forgotten someone but.. who really cares about that person if i cant remember him =P

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
I was not telling anyone how to play their mains. When Gimpy said something about Bowser's reach that I knew was wrong, I felt the need to correct him, even though it was unnecessary. There is always so much to be learned, even if you're the best with a certain character. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I'm just obsessed about every little detail in the game. I can never have enough knowledge about a given subject. I'm like this about music too, you would hate to be in my school band with me.
what i said was certainly NOT incorrect, you MUST have misheard, bowser has good range on his dash grab.

fact.

bowser has bad range on his normal grab.

fact.

both are really really slow and punishable.

fact.

I TESTED IT IN AR LLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOALOLREIOSJFIOASJLFDSOIFJDSOFLASOLOLOLOLOL
*note: Gimpyfish did not test it in AR, but has real game experience, which proves to be infinitely more valuable than knowledge of frame data*

lolz?

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
i have very few people on smashboards on msn so none would see me on youtube? =Z
being: troy, john, adam, roby, eric, edmund, toby, kyle (not too sure who this is), just added manuel, wesley
may have forgotten someone but.. who really cares about that person if i cant remember him =P
DONT KNOW WHO I AM!! :_( That hurt!!! <---CAmerican weirlder of the tag ace, and soon to be best samus in bc :p <---fear me tiep!!! ^.^ soon enough :p

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
Okay, why is this being discussed here? Quit arguing here about irrelevant things. I don't even know how you could make this relevant to playing smash bros in B.C. Argue about Bowser's wavedash instead, it would be comical XD

no i dont care if im + or - repped
+rep for Gusto! because it was somehow smashrelated... well, related to the boards itself anyway :p

DONT KNOW WHO I AM!! :_( That hurt!!! <---CAmerican weirlder of the tag ace, and soon to be best samus in bc :p <---fear me tiep!!! ^.^ soon enough :p
+Rep for Bold, if weak claims! :p

HeroSublime

Smash Ace
Canada is too good, I had a great time, thanks to everyone who picked us up and took us places, and let us stay at their houses for periods of time, you guys were very hospitable. I had a great time at the tourney, smashing at Johns and hanging out at Adam's. We totally owned U.N. Squadron, that game was four stocked, even if it was on easy mode.

I don't wanna spend alot of time here, I just wanna say I loved playing everyone, travelling with Gimpy is always fun, that Ryan is a lil kid and that frame guy needs to calm down(Link is my fav skypal).

Peanut_Reactor

Smash Apprentice
hey what does that purple/blue rep mean?
if its a good thing... +rep AIDS =P

and thx for the reps my 2 friends and 1 unknown other repper =D
and thx for the minus rep i just realized i had from a while back manli =D

Peanut_Reactor

Smash Apprentice
so i dont know if its + or -?..
but thats just pitiful that a rep to me could be neutral...
+ rep AIDS cause i know your friend "asian" friend kyle better now =D

LysanderBlack

Smash Apprentice
so i dont know if its + or -?..
but thats just pitiful that a rep to me could be neutral...
+ rep AIDS cause i know your friend "asian" friend kyle better now =D
You Know the Asian (William, but he really hates his name and doesnt mind being called 'The Asian' in our clique, because he is the only asian in our clique.. I realized i shouted "Hey, Asian!" across the room of the tourney to get his attention lol) and my Cousin?! +REP! Oh ****... i cant... oh well. I'll do it next time.

Metà

Smash Master
Gimpy, sorry about the confusion. I was talking about ledge-grabbing reach, and you said Bowser had good reach, or something. And yes, in-game experience is far more important than raw data, but the game isn't perfect, and can be misleading.

<3 Gimpyfish

AIDS

Smash Lord
nice sig gimpy and ty to who ever that was who repped me 2 ppl brought me from -13 to possative 4 so who ever those two ppl are i thank them greatly and ryan i hear u been asking ppl to neg rep me...stop it now pls, iv done nothing rong to you and i dont see y u should act that way

and thank you toby, peanut and robbie for your support

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
major quotage

Keith your always facing someone good because in the tournament its always "Pros" vs "Noobs" in the first round. It saves the best match for last and never will have it right off at the beginnning

Evan... No one and I mean no one would be jealous of your knowledge on frames because only you and M2K are the only one who cares about frame rates about all the characters.
I don't think you should tell Gimpy how to play bowser or things about bowser because I think he knows bowser more then you do. It kinda annoyed me when you were talking to Gimpy and telling him things like "Bowser's down air has more range behind him."
Oh and please stop talking about AR. No one cares about AR.

But I will say thanks for getting the room. And thanks to you mom who got us food and drinks. Thanks to Adam and Sastopher who were pretty much the host organizing the brackets.

EDIT: Crap this is John. I didn't know I was still logged on to Gimpy's account.
laughed my ASHH off. frames are cool, but mewtwoking has people read him g'nite stories.

let's not misrepresent w.toil.

guys im asking could you pls stop neg repping me, i have done nothing rong and i never neg repped anyone so could u pls stop its kind of enoying to be neg repped and especally for no reson
yeah seriously, that's bullying. let your actions show how you live.

More like, Manli took out Nathan. It all came down to a one on one between Nathan and Manli. From what I can remember, Matt dished out the pwnage and took out half your lives by himself. Your crew is somewhat unbalanced in skill.
Are you joking? I took out 7 stock, why don't you mention that? also, THREE of them were yours, sheik against marth. How about that? and unbalanced in skill isn't fair to say. I'm best, but james and robbie are both good. James had a bad game. congrats to matt though, he did quite well in that first match.

don't allow any chances for people to say mean things to you.. people aren't in the christmas spirit yet. :( thanks for hosting htough, thank your mom for the ride. i really appreciate it.

if y'all want a rematch to prove your point, we're willing.

Whoever keeps de-repping keith (AIDS) should seriously stop, all he's done is expressed his opinion which he has a right to do. It doesnt matter if you like his opinion or not, only de-rep him if he does something wrong, not expresses his opinion and you don't like it.
Amen.
i'd like a rep, doesnt matter if its + or -
this is just my opinion
lol okay, but people don't feel good when they are at -13 rep :(
hey what does that purple/blue rep mean?
if its a good thing... +rep AIDS =P

and thx for the reps my 2 friends and 1 unknown other repper =D
and thx for the minus rep i just realized i had from a while back manli =D
dude, someone logged into my account and negative repped people. Grow up, kid. sorry to everyone who was affected by this.

nice sig gimpy and ty to who ever that was who repped me 2 ppl brought me from -13 to possative 4 so who ever those two ppl are i thank them greatly and ryan i hear u been asking ppl to neg rep me...stop it now pls, iv done nothing rong to you and i dont see y u should act that way

and thank you toby, peanut and robbie for your support
:'( yyeah guys feed the poor lil guy. what y'all thinking? all this hate?! WHO DOES THIS?

anger about PR isn't helped by starting beef with people.

Let's just put that behind us. We are a respectable community. Keep it that way, lest we become like the montreal thread LMFAO.

<3 gimpy.

peanut, you win $10, w.toil prevailed over coquitlam crew and SSS. =D bye all!

Top Bottom