• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
SMASHFEST ON SATURDAY 16th!

from 1pm to 8pm! Adams house on Parksville drive!
604-275-1508 for any questions or concerns..

I however will only be there till 5pm since ill be leaving for a BC Lions game at that time.. but dont worry Adam will be there so its fine..

Patooty

Smash Ace
Yeah, a bit late for the update there :p

Supplies in Canada are expected to be quite short. Even some people who pre-ordered early are expected to be put on a waitlist.

Edit: Also, I'm not sure if Canadians should expect $280 or not. The announcement was that it would be 249.99US. This converts to about $280 Canadian. But we usually receive a higher markup. I'm sort of expecting to see 299.99 here :(

Edit Again: 279.95 in Canada! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYuhz

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
Ya, but we ain't brawling with it just yet.

Smashfest Sat: Hey, I might make it for the last few hours (sometime after Eric leaves...), but I guarentee nothing. Still have to find a way out and back that day.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Yeah. I updated after I got the Canadian press release. I've been updating news when not doing hw/school for two days straight XD Oh well, not bad. $88 in two days.

I don't think supplies will be that short. 4 million worldwide by end of December. That's pretty **** good actually. Twice what I think they said at E3. I'm still don't want to pre-order at Toys R Us though... they started in February so the list is probably long now. I'll go to EB or Future Shop as soon as they open pre-orders.

BTW, eszutu, I'm an SFU student but I go to the Surrey campus. Join the Games Club (happens at Surrey campus but Burnaby students welcome). They play Smash there. They aren't very good (it seems Tiep completely ***** them a while ago?) but they play every day I think =P I usually go by the library after class and play a few rounds.

supsup

Smash Rookie
Hey all, haven't been on for quite a while. Hope OC2 went well with those who attended it and congrats.

ooo...smashfest tomorrow huh..? I might show up for that one

Join the Games Club (happens at Surrey campus but Burnaby students welcome). They play Smash there. They aren't very good (it seems Tiep completely ***** them a while ago?) but they play every day I think =P I usually go by the library after class and play a few rounds.
I'm at SFU burnaby, and they don't have any games club there :(. Give me some details about when and where they play smash, and I might show up one day :p

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably be busing to the smashfest tomorrow. I'll be there around 1, probably leaving around 4:30 to go to the B.C. Lions game. Anyways, some info about me:

Name: Frank
Characters: Kirby, Game and Watch
6'1", 230lbs, caucasian, brown hair, 17 next month.
My hometown smashers sucked, so I'll likely suck for a while too.

I look forward to meeting you all tomorrow.

emubreath

Smash Journeyman
well we're asian and nerds, and our parents want us to study during the summer. so yeah, they barely let us play video games at all at home...alone...:(. anyways this is a pointless conversation.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I think the Games Club should have been there during Clubs Day? I'm nto sure how it works, I'm a first year after all. Once something happens with it, I'll ask how it works =P There was also a "Nintendo DS Club" thing I joined. They better know how to snake in MKDS I swear...

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
Good times guys. After getting owned for an hour, I finally won some games and played pretty good. I look forward to the next time we play - maybe I can prod some friends to learn some advanced techniques so they can join us someday - maybe.

Add me on MSN: brett_latulippe@hotmail.com

Anyways, could someone link the names to Smashboards IDs for me?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
kirby/gdub?

kirby dittossssssssss....

i dont really play him anymore though.

i wanna come up to canada some time relatively soon.

gimpy just got his wisdom teeth out and is in pain T-T

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Gawd I hate Richmond so much now.... I was waiting for the bus to Vancouver for an hour just to find out that the bus DOES NOT go to the same path it used to. Then I said screw it and walked 4 blocks to the next bus stop.

Also GG today.

Hitsugaya - Me - John
Blunted_object10 - Eric
NoobKing - Adam
Patooty - Tiep
CowEar - Cheater - Ryan

Also... Spite you did really good. Your a lot better then most of our "noobs" I would be scared if you picked up a real character.

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
@ Gimpy: I'm getting my wisdom teeth out next weekend. I'm not looking forward to it :ohwell:

@ Hitsugaya: Aw, I don't wanna learn a real character. Real characters hurt my hands :( . Might pick up Falcon or Doc though. I think I did alright with Gamey and Kirby for now anyway. Thanks for explaining who's who.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Low Tier ftw <3 Although I've been using Sheik a bit more lately =( Been a Young Link man 'til now. Scary how much less time it takes to be good with Sheik ;_;

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Firestorm88 - If I ever visit you guys at SFU Surrey (I want to visit my friend, but scheduling is hard) I hope I can join in on some smash. At least you guys have something like that, I am pretty sure there is no games club where I am :(

Hope everyone's enjoying school/work now!

Patooty

Smash Ace
Hey Rushan, organize a smash touney there. There were some smashers at SFU last year that did it but when I found out that they had done it, then I never heard about another tourney there again :\

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Hey Rushan, organize a smash touney there. There were some smashers at SFU last year that did it but when I found out that they had done it, then I never heard about another tourney there again :\
You ***** them too hard. They were talking about your Falco when I was there once. Something about "kept lasering like crazy" and "was everywhere" =p I asked if they were talking about Danny H because he played a day ago and that's his style as well (seeing as it's EVERY FALCO's style) but they said Tiep and I thought "OOOhhhh god that must've been raapppeee" :laugh:

They were doing a mini-tournament thingy during clubs day. Doubles and Singles. Me and Danny would have won doubles if they didn't finish it when I had class =(

If they do hold a tournament and outside people are allowed, I'll be sure to tell you.

Troy, if you're at SFU Surrey, just go to the library. Up the stairs to the main area (Mezzanine), then go up the stairs or escalator. Turn right and follow the path to the library. The games room is to the right of the door. They're usually playing in there. I just go and play a bit after class.

Patooty

Smash Ace
That's weird... I honestly don't remember going to SFU to play smash 0.o I just overheard that they had a tourney there before. But I DO use Falco on all the new people I meet. The facts point to me having been there, but I don't remember it!! Hmmm... maybe they neuralized my brain? Anyway... how do you get a tourney started up there? You might have to push for it yourself :lick:

Evan, I can't make it on a Friday, I have to be at school until I don't know when, maybe into the AM, so I can't make it. Which also means Ryan can't cause I'm his ride.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Well, it's only been like 2 weeks since I went to school ;) Wait 'til I get to know more people and know them better. Then we'll see. I gotta say, if we can hold a tournament in the Mezzanine area, we can get a HUGE one going =) Not sure how all that will work just yet.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
But Peach > Bowser xD Oh snapz Lol
Tiep is it possible if I can hitch a ride with you to the Ladner tourney? Im not sure if you car can hold 5 people but it might. Bussing is such a pain.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
hardeeharhar

But Peach > Bowser xD Oh snapz Lol
Tiep is it possible if I can hitch a ride with you to the Ladner tourney? Im not sure if you car can hold 5 people but it might. Bussing is such a pain.
but Marth > peach>bowser>j00! dammn i need to smash. I have no school on friday.. can we do something then??? or mebe saturday??? i finally got my computer back, future shop stole it =*( anyway, i'm pretty sure i'm quite good now. but i haven't played anyone like really good for so long! (if i'm just [good] then keith doesn't count as very good, i consistently 3/4 stock him with falco!??!) ohhh yeah. I play sheik now too lol. what's up guys!

Top Bottom