• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
It's mega-blurry right now because of my connection, but I think I see "Corpus Christi".
Can't help but remember just how bad the drive down there was last time.

EDIT: I regret nothing, Joel.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
oic, kewl. Also, if any of u are interested

*img*
Thanks for the heads up. However, think you can advertise the event on Shoryuken.com as well?

I believe I'll actually be hitting up the smash tournament this weekend (if I can make it).
Only problem I see is parking may be a *****, however I'll be there for SF4 and SFxT.

I'll join Brawl for the hell of it.
Don't make me look too free :o

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Is that surprising? Denti goes to errything.

On an unrelated note, I've kept this sealed in an airtight container for 5+ days and the damned thing is still alive. D:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
AFAIK, they kill less than 5% of the people they bite anyway. They aren't THAT dangerous, but I freaking HATE them because they're so small (which means that they can be just about anywhere) and apparently the bites cause some really painful symptoms.

I'm surprised that it's still freaking alive after being sealed up for THAT LONG. Kind of scary when you think about it.

EDIT: Also, WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE!? There were like... 6 people I've never heard of lurking this thread a minute ago. XD

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
AFAIK, they kill less than 5% of the people they bite anyway. They aren't THAT dangerous, but I freaking HATE them because they're so small (which means that they can be just about anywhere) and apparently the bites cause some really painful symptoms.

I'm surprised that it's still freaking alive after being sealed up for THAT LONG. Kind of scary when you think about it.

EDIT: Also, WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE!? There were like... 6 people I've never heard of lurking this thread a minute ago. XD
I'm sorry ^^;. My friend just showed me your post as he was freaking out about the spider you caught. I'm really scared of spiders, though, so I just wanted to wish for your safety, you know ^^;? I really wouldn't want anyone getting bitten, especially by a Black Widow spider.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I'm sorry ^^;. My friend just showed me your post as he was freaking out about the spider you caught. I'm really scared of spiders, though, so I just wanted to wish for your safety, you know ^^;? I really wouldn't want anyone getting bitten, especially by a Black Widow spider.
Oh, don't apologize! You didn't do anything wrong or anything like that, and thank you for the concern. They seem to be pretty rare though, even in spring.
I just thought it was strange that there were so many people suddenly in here.

**** that **** Shaun. Kill it with fire. Burn it.
That would mean having to take off the lid. Forget THAT.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Thanks for the heads up. However, think you can advertise the event on Shoryuken.com as well?

I believe I'll actually be hitting up the smash tournament this weekend (if I can make it).
Only problem I see is parking may be a *****, however I'll be there for SF4 and SFxT.

I'll join Brawl for the hell of it.
Don't make me look too free :o
iirc, that store does advertise their fighting games on shoryuken, but I'll check with em to make sure they do.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
He watches you while you sleep.

I hate spiders... I can't believe you had the stones to catch it! Where did you find it?
There are these little green lids over the valves that control water flow to the kitchen and bathroom.
It was on the bottom of one of them.

On a completely unrelated note, I might be getting an apartment in Austin again sometime in the next year or so.
Nick will be able to host fests by then, though.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Maybe, maybe not.
It's a bit encouraging when people express interest in joining the Austin crew, but so many of them don't stay. :<

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Yep. By the way, I'm not entirely sure if we'll have enough people to play this weekend, but I'd like to have one before the 21st.
JOEL, WILL YOU BE HERE THIS WEEKEND?

CY

Smash Ace
Currently attending SXSW, giving lectures on topics such as Thurston Howell, Sausurre, and astrophysics.

She came at me with painted-on jeans. She told me, "that's why they worked at mills."

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
Been playing my (slightly coerced) brother over the break to practice for the tourney, which isn't saying too much but it's better than just playing level 9 computers when I'm bored. :/

I'm coming back to Austin Saturday afternoon probably. If there was a fest after I got back Saturday or Sunday I would go. :O

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Currently attending SXSW, giving lectures on topics such as Thurston Howell, Sausurre, and astrophysics.

She came at me with painted-on jeans. She told me, "that's why they worked at mills."
Cool. I'm confused.

Been playing my (slightly coerced) brother over the break to practice for the tourney, which isn't saying too much but it's better than just playing level 9 computers when I'm bored. :/

I'm coming back to Austin Saturday afternoon probably. If there was a fest after I got back Saturday or Sunday I would go. :O
Neat! We should try to have one, then.
I'll talk to Joel about it.

Joel will be getting back Sunday. Regarding a fest at his place, he said:

"It depends what time I get back Sunday. but I could def. host Monday."

Would ANYBODY be up for a fest Monday or is that a busy time?

Top Bottom